janmichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about muscle loss

I've been steadily loosing 1-2lbs a week the last few weeks but i find myself 10-12lbs heavier where i need to be for the summer and i was thinking about upping to cardio.

But everywhere i read says not to lose more than 2lbs a week or you risk muscle loss. But at this point i think I'm alright sacrificing some muscle to get my abs in.

Anyway my question, is muscle loss as result of i guess you'd call it calorie deficiency\over cardio the same as muscle loss as a result of not training. ie will it be easy to regain due to muscle memory.

gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by janmichael View Post
    I've been steadily loosing 1-2lbs a week the last few weeks but i find myself 10-12lbs heavier where i need to be for the summer and i was thinking about upping to cardio.

But everywhere i read says not to lose more than 2lbs a week or you risk muscle loss. But at this point i think I'm alright sacrificing some muscle to get my abs in.

Anyway my question, is muscle loss as result of i guess you'd call it calorie deficiency\over cardio the same as muscle loss as a result of not training. ie will it be easy to regain due to muscle memory.
    cardio is worse then dieting if ur trying to preserve muscle.

The real reason is because oxygen is needed to burn fat, thats why its so much more muscle-sparing to diet your fat off.

During cardio your barely taking in oxygen due to fast-paced breathing...

Solution - low intensity steady state cardio!!!

walking is best, 4mph jogging works too if u cant stand just walking, but just keep it low pace as possible and take breaks when needed, think of it like the goal being distance, not how fast u get thier u know.

I wouldnt see why the muscle memory part wouldnt be any different, u shouldnt have much trouble either way.

I cant wait to start putting on some decent size after this cutting phase lol.

anyways i hope i answered ur question, best of luck

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by janmichael View Post

Protein protein protein, lift, lift, lift.
    Cardio is fine. Jog fast, jog slow, jog while doing a handstand, whatever.
    Did I forget to mention protein and lifting?
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."