Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Past bodybuilders and what they look like today

i was watching king of queens today and saw lou ferrigno actually working out(i've seen him on a lot of episodes before, but never lifting). the thing is, he was curling 205-225, easily. i hear that he can still bench press around 400 lbs (at 53 years old!).

anyways, i was wondering if all the guys back in the day were still in good shape like lou. i mean, i've seen the pictures of arnie, and though he was one of the greatest bbers ever, he's declined a huge amount, and he's only 5 years older than lou. now, of course he's been a lot more busier than lou, but i mean, for a 7 time mr olympian you kinda expect a little more.

i remember seeing frank zane a while back, and his arms were fricking gigantic still.

Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oldbastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sagepark
    i was watching king of queens today and saw lou ferrigno actually working out(i've seen him on a lot of episodes before, but never lifting). the thing is, he was curling 205-225, easily. i hear that he can still bench press around 400 lbs (at 53 years old!).

anyways, i was wondering if all the guys back in the day were still in good shape like lou. i mean, i've seen the pictures of arnie, and though he was one of the greatest bbers ever, he's declined a huge amount, and he's only 5 years older than lou. now, of course he's been a lot more busier than lou, but i mean, for a 7 time mr olympian you kinda expect a little more.

i remember seeing frank zane a while back, and his arms were fricking gigantic still.
    Lou is still in good shape. As for benching 400, I'd think he could bench more then that. I can put up 370 and I'm 52, and I never got close to Lou's physique. as for Zane having huge arms, he was never more then 17-18" when he competed. he was never "huge".
    Insert lies here.

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lou is 6'5. He has LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG arms. Makes benching tough.

Zane was a pretty big fugger when he was younger, but he streamlined himself as he got older. Shame, because when he was young, he was a ****ing badass, period, straight up.

shame people don't remember that look that he had.
    Attached Images

Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sagepark
    I've seen Frank Zane at the Arnold Classic the past two years, and he looks like a saggy old man. He doesn't look like he's even touched a weight in years. He had a little table set up in the Expo hall, pimping his Zane Leg Blaster, and NO ONE was going to see him at all. I felt bad for the guy.

Wait, I found a pic:

Sergio Olivia was there too, signing autographs. He still looks pretty decent for an old guy.

Rich Gaspari and Lee Labrada are both still in amazing shape. They both had booths at the Expo for their suppliment companies.

Go and watch the Pumping Iron DVD, they have a "making of" in the Special Features section (called Raw Iron) that shows what everyone involved in that movie looks like today. Arnold looks like Arnold, Lou looks like Lou, Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, and Mike Katz looks like Jabba the Hutt.
    Last edited by Dolemite07; 02-21-2006 at 08:59 AM.

AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50) AangleN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kethnaab
    Zane was a pretty big fugger when he was younger, but he streamlined himself as he got older. Shame, because when he was young, he was a ****ing badass, period, straight up.

i dont get why he was a badass though....

tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonich03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AangleN
    Yeah, he never looked for that kind of attitude.

Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nagano21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dolemite07
    I've seen Frank Zane at the Arnold Classic the past two years, and he looks like a saggy old man. He doesn't look like he's even touched a weight in years. He had a little table set up in the Expo hall, pimping his Zane Leg Blaster, and NO ONE was going to see him at all. I felt bad for the guy.

Wait, I found a pic:

Sergio Olivia was there too, signing autographs. He still looks pretty decent for an old guy.

Rich Gaspari and Lee Labrada are both still in amazing shape. They both had booths at the Expo for their suppliment companies.

Go and watch the Pumping Iron DVD, they have a "making of" in the Special Features section (called Raw Iron) that shows what everyone involved in that movie looks like today. Arnold looks like Arnold, Lou looks like Lou, Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, and Mike Katz looks like Jabba the Hutt.

How come Corney is in a wheelchair? Never heard that before? Is it fromway back when pumpin Iron was filmed, and when Arnold made him do those extra squats till he passed out? jk but serisouly never heard about the chair deal.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the Body!"
    Hooorraahhhh

The only easy day was Yesterday!

I do it Cuz Arnold told me to!

"It's not about the push from behind, or the pull from the front, but the drive from within."

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nagano21
    How come Corney is in a wheelchair? Never heard that before? Is it fromway back when pumpin Iron was filmed, and when Arnold made him do those extra squats till he passed out? jk but serisouly never heard about the chair deal.

he had a stroke i beleive (or something to that effect)

sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50) sagepark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah he had a stroke, but i believe he recovered back in 2002.

My England has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) My England has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

jabba the hut

"Mike Katz looks like jabba the hut".....LOL that made me laugh. I was watching some show last year when they had Katz on there he looked like a right fat knacker. He looked about 90 years old.

Official Misc Doctor SummerBear's Avatar
    SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Frank Zane still looks great,

Hooyah

ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SummerBear
    Frank Zane still looks great,

wow those two pics of frank zane must have been taken like 20 years apart!! lol...check out the huge arm size differnece
    I just wasted two seconds of your life.

ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100) ForeverWild is not very well liked. (-100)
    and I dont mean the younger and the older one btw, I mean the one where he is sitting at the booth and the one in the red tanktop above, the faces look similer but thats where it ends. you sure that withered old man is zane???
    I just wasted two seconds of your life.

dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    photoshop

Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    were any olympians, or competitors in the olympia for that matter, ever fat at one time?
    Satanic Super Soldier Alliance 2009.

Part of the DA...Keep it on the QT

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AangleN
    look at the pic i posted and tell me he didn't look great

he was a good 15 lbs heavier and just as ripped as when he "won" the Olympia.

trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When you all are 50 and deal with the health problems of getting old, then you can talk about how big you are.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Franks pic is sadly photoshop. I stood next to him a few years ago and he looked fragile. Larry Scott had a booth right behind BB.Com at the IronMan FitExpo last weekend. Larry was narrow shouldered and small. His booth was empty. Frank, Larry, we love you, you are the very best, but please stay home. There were dozens of old fart regular dudes in great shape wandering around the booths. If they can do it, why can't the old icons stay in decent shape??

SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it's a photoshop then I am dissapointed in Frank Zane, because the Photo that I posted is directly from his personal website.

Hooyah

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dave Draper at 63.
    Attached Images

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you idiots....that photo is not photoshopped....it says right on his website that is from 2002.....4 years ago....and if you read about frank zane you would know that he stopped lifting (well at least for bbing, he still does it for general health) in 2002 also....stop lifting for four years....see what happens, especially in your 60's

bigfinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfinn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by My England
    "Mike Katz looks like jabba the hut".....LOL that made me laugh. I was watching some show last year when they had Katz on there he looked like a right fat knacker. He looked about 90 years old.

Couple of things:

1. Katz is a great guy.
    2. Katz trained harder than most and still presents better than most
    3. His chest is still enormous and is in decent shape
    4. He is a successful businessman
    where do you get the jabba the hut stuff?
    I drink 8 glasses of water per day...before 9am.

Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500) Dolemite07 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ForeverWild
    and I dont mean the younger and the older one btw, I mean the one where he is sitting at the booth and the one in the red tanktop above, the faces look similer but thats where it ends. you sure that withered old man is zane???
    Yes. The pic SummerBear posted of still-buff Zane in the red tank top is old. The pic I posted of saggy, broken-down Zane was from 2004.

As a matter of fact, if you look closely at the videos Zane's selling below, you'll see that pic of him in the red tank top.
    Last edited by Dolemite07; 02-22-2006 at 02:12 PM.

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by trem0lo
    When you all are 50 and deal with the health problems of getting old, then you can talk about how big you are.
    Good point...

Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont really understand why some guys on here think they these guys have to stay the same size they were when they competed....i mean when any pro retires they dont train like they did when they competed nor do they take the drugs they took and as a matter of fact you see alot more healthy retire bbers than you do see football player and some baseball and basketball player

Exactly. I'm sure it's not easy staying in shape when you get older.

However, it can be jarring to see pics of these guys suddenly being old when you're used to seeing them young and jacked.
    Last edited by Dolemite07; 02-23-2006 at 10:24 AM.

Dolemite,

Good call, didn't see that picture in the picture. Well, atleast we know that in 2002 Frank Zane was still jacked.

As for Dave Draper, he has an awsome website and newsletter. I'd highly recommend visiting his site. Awsome stuff there - he is very deep when it comes to bodybuilding.

Go Dave!

Hooyah

Originally Posted by SummerBear
    Dolemite,

Good call, didn't see that picture in the picture. Well, atleast we know that in 2002 Frank Zane was still jacked.
    Are you sure that pic was from 2002? I mean, how could anyone let themselves slide so badly in just 2 years? The buff pic has to be older than that.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dolemite07
    Are you sure that pic was from 2002? I mean, how could anyone let themselves slide so badly in just 2 years? The buff pic has to be older than that.
    nope its from 2002, and does he really look that bad in the other pic? he just looks like a healthy 62 year old, which he was at the time...heres one of him from 2005, looking healthy and happy, although he doesnt look like hes lifting hardcore and doing HRT to the same extent like he most likely was in 2002
    Attached Images

Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Majors
    i dont really understand why some guys on here think they these guys have to stay the same size they were when they competed....i mean when any pro retires they dont train like they did when they competed nor do they take the drugs they took and as a matter of fact you see alot more healthy retire bbers than you do see football player and some baseball and basketball player
    Exactly. These guys, at least most aren't on the drugs any more. I still believe Lou is or still does cycle some. He is in really awesome condition for his age. Look at Kevin Levrone, My god, he has some nice shape but nothing even close to where he was a few years ago. I just recently saw a picture of him in this months Muscle Mag. It really hit me how drugs play such a big part in a pros physique!