Closed Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Dutasteride

  1. #1
    Jkeith for MOD! xGhostinGx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 3,086
    Rep Power: 1059
    xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    xGhostinGx is offline

    Thumbs down Dutasteride

    Im not going to answer any questions about Dutasteride, Im only posting this because everyone is pushing this as a new anti-hairloss drug.

    Just an FYI about Dutasteride vs Finasteride. Dutasteride elminates 95% of the bodies DHT. Not good at all for so many reasons. Finasteride elminates 70% of the bodies DHT. Finasteride lowers DHT on the scalp by about 30% (where it counts). Dutasteride is better at the scalp by so little, its hardly worth mentioning. Dutasteride is a horrible compound to release on the public, like it will do any better on the hair. Deception.

    DHT is an estrogen antagonist. Removal of that high of an amount will allow estrogen to run loco. Increasing the likelyhood of gyno.
    Now I know they 'claim' low sides, but a 95% elmination of DHT is major. Them calling it superior for hair is true but deceiving. It is superior by a very small amount, certainly not worth what it does to your body. Excessive DHT is bad for the hair and prostate if you have a genetic predisposition to these things, but elminating too much DHT will have serious consequences. I think that people think that a DHT blocker on-cycle will be helpful in blocking androgenic effects.

    .5mg pills of Avodart (dutasteride) is what it comes in, and yes it is bad to remove that much DHT from your body, and it wont make a difference on hair that you will see. 95% DHT is a lot. 2.5mg once a week is the usual dosing for hair.

    * Duration of Side Effects

    The greatest concern however, is the potential duration of side effects. The long half life of dutasteride exceeds 240 hours vs. the rather short 6 to 8 hours for finasteride. There have been some cases where the DHT levels were still had only returned to 25% of their original levels nearly a YEAR after having discontinued Dutasteride. As a result, any dangers or side effects that may be seen from Avodart, whether directly related or as a hypersensitive or allergic reaction may take literally months to resolve.

    * Conversely, there is no biological model for 5AR type 1 deficiency, which Avodart creates, and there are measurable levels of 5AR-1 in the human brain. Conclusion -- the blockage of 5AR-1 may have yet unknown neurological implications.

    * Remember Fen-Fen for weight loss? Personally, I do not want my patients to be the guinea pigs.

    If you still want to take it after this, knock yourself out. I would not.

    There are NO long term studies on Dutasteride.

    Some of this was cut & paste.
    IP ban Nutrabolics for lying and now threats.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?&p=9560766#post9560766

    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

    I dont have my email setup here, so if you want me to respond to something, you're going to have to PM me.

  2. #2
    Registered User KD1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Richmond
    Age: 45
    Posts: 495
    Rep Power: 0
    KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    KD1 is offline
    Actually it almost cuts scalp DHT in half compared to fin. 55% is the number I have seen compared to fin 30%.

    Also, sides for Dut are approx the same as fin. If you can tolerate fin, you can probably tolerate Dut.

    The worst thing about Dut ( and the reason I dont take it ) is that its half life is very very long. On the order of months. So if you do get sides, you are going to have them for a while. Fin gets out of your system in a few days.
    Last edited by KD1; 02-20-2006 at 01:15 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User kingpin0625's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 129
    Rep Power: 144
    kingpin0625 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingpin0625 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kingpin0625 is offline
    so if the half life is so long...does this mean it is not required to take it every day? this offset some cost

  4. #4
    Jkeith for MOD! xGhostinGx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 3,086
    Rep Power: 1059
    xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xGhostinGx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    xGhostinGx is offline
    The study on Dutasteride for hair was abandoned. I have seen 32% Dutasteride, but my concern is :

    1. 95% removal of DHT from the body. That alone is bordering on retarded.

    2. Elminates 5ar-1. 5ar-1 is present in the brain. Removal may cause long-term damage.

    3. No long term studies.


    Knowing this, you would almost have to be a fool to take. Especially with Finasteride and all the topical anti-androgens out their being more than sufficient.
    IP ban Nutrabolics for lying and now threats.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?&p=9560766#post9560766

    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

    I dont have my email setup here, so if you want me to respond to something, you're going to have to PM me.

  5. #5
    Registered User KD1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Richmond
    Age: 45
    Posts: 495
    Rep Power: 0
    KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000) KD1 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    KD1 is offline
    Originally Posted by kingpin0625
    so if the half life is so long...does this mean it is not required to take it every day? this offset some cost
    Most cost effective is 1.5mg for 5 days to bring your blood dht down to ~80%, then 0.5mg every other day. This should bring your scalp DHT down to around 50%, keeping your blood DHT around 80%.

    If you keep on 0.5mg/day it will get your blood DHT down around 95% but only bring your scalp down another 5%, not really worth it.

    Ive got a link to a chart showing this, lemme dig it up.

    Id be all over the stuff if it had a normal half life, but what if you develop gyno or ED? I dont feel like gulping Nolva for 5-8 months, and my g/f would dump me if my junk wasnt working for that long!

  6. #6
    Registered User E-10's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Posts: 1,742
    Rep Power: 1243
    E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000) E-10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    E-10 is offline
    anybody else have updates to this older thread?

    The main benifit of the Dutasteride over finasterid was the LH increase and less sexual side effects...
    Last edited by E-10; 03-27-2008 at 11:47 AM.

  7. #7
    Are you Driven? Sldge's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: New York, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,786
    Rep Power: 33042
    Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sldge is offline
    Originally Posted by xGhostinGx View Post
    Im not going to answer any questions about Dutasteride, Im only posting this because everyone is pushing this as a new anti-hairloss drug.

    Just an FYI about Dutasteride vs Finasteride. Dutasteride elminates 95% of the bodies DHT. Not good at all for so many reasons. Finasteride elminates 70% of the bodies DHT. Finasteride lowers DHT on the scalp by about 30% (where it counts). Dutasteride is better at the scalp by so little, its hardly worth mentioning. Dutasteride is a horrible compound to release on the public, like it will do any better on the hair. Deception.

    DHT is an estrogen antagonist. Removal of that high of an amount will allow estrogen to run loco. Increasing the likelyhood of gyno.
    Now I know they 'claim' low sides, but a 95% elmination of DHT is major. Them calling it superior for hair is true but deceiving. It is superior by a very small amount, certainly not worth what it does to your body. Excessive DHT is bad for the hair and prostate if you have a genetic predisposition to these things, but elminating too much DHT will have serious consequences. I think that people think that a DHT blocker on-cycle will be helpful in blocking androgenic effects.

    .5mg pills of Avodart (dutasteride) is what it comes in, and yes it is bad to remove that much DHT from your body, and it wont make a difference on hair that you will see. 95% DHT is a lot. 2.5mg once a week is the usual dosing for hair.

    * Duration of Side Effects

    The greatest concern however, is the potential duration of side effects. The long half life of dutasteride exceeds 240 hours vs. the rather short 6 to 8 hours for finasteride. There have been some cases where the DHT levels were still had only returned to 25% of their original levels nearly a YEAR after having discontinued Dutasteride. As a result, any dangers or side effects that may be seen from Avodart, whether directly related or as a hypersensitive or allergic reaction may take literally months to resolve.

    * Conversely, there is no biological model for 5AR type 1 deficiency, which Avodart creates, and there are measurable levels of 5AR-1 in the human brain. Conclusion -- the blockage of 5AR-1 may have yet unknown neurological implications.

    * Remember Fen-Fen for weight loss? Personally, I do not want my patients to be the guinea pigs.

    If you still want to take it after this, knock yourself out. I would not.

    There are NO long term studies on Dutasteride.

    Some of this was cut & paste.
    Dutasteride destroyed my sex drive and made my gyno a now constant problem. Everyone should avoid this like the plague.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

    The next big Craze:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/drivensports/craze.html

  8. #8
    Registered User Roke's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 33
    Posts: 13,074
    Rep Power: 12048
    Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Roke is offline
    Thank you very much, this thread is excellent and should be read by millions.

    Avoid Dutasteride, or at least take it sledomly, otherwise stick with finasteride.

  9. #9
    Purebred nunes's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Portugal
    Age: 41
    Posts: 1,448
    Rep Power: 340
    nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nunes is offline
    Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    Dutasteride destroyed my sex drive and made my gyno a now constant problem. Everyone should avoid this like the plague.
    even with fina my libido dropped a lot, man I don't want to imagine with duta...
    dos fracos nao reza a historia
    no revenge,only justice
    I`m sorry for my English , its bad I know, but I think its still better than your Portuguese :)

  10. #10
    Erotic Politician BiggJohn's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: North
    Posts: 10,810
    Rep Power: 3710
    BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BiggJohn is offline
    Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    even with fina my libido dropped a lot, man I don't want to imagine with duta...
    I've had absolutely no negative sides with fin

  11. #11
    Registered User Roke's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 33
    Posts: 13,074
    Rep Power: 12048
    Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Roke is offline
    Originally Posted by BiggJohn View Post
    I've had absolutely no negative sides with fin
    Maybe you took it with testoserone enhancing supplements, so you don't feel the loss of libido.

  12. #12
    Eric Williams DejaBlue55's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Age: 35
    Posts: 5,587
    Rep Power: 4203
    DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DejaBlue55 is offline
    Last Activity: Sep 20, 2006 7:52am

    He was a good and smart guy. Him and Bane were probably the smartest posters back then when all the big shots had left for a while.

    Anyone know what happened to him?

  13. #13
    Registered User paximperia's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Age: 30
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    paximperia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    paximperia is offline
    Dutasteride ruined my sex drive PERMANENTLY, resulted in penile fibrosis, and caused major neurological complications that have yet to resolve. It was stupid I know-- but now I'm permanently ****ed up. SAVE YOURSELF-- screw the hair. I would gladly give up every hair on my head if I could undo what I did to myself.

  14. #14
    Registered User UNCnate's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: United States
    Posts: 12,681
    Rep Power: 14462
    UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    UNCnate is offline
    I hated Propecia, didnt feel right while on it.

    Treat hair loss topically if its an option. They make topical DHT inhibitors. No need in eradicating DHT from your body completely.
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

  15. #15
    Erotic Politician BiggJohn's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: North
    Posts: 10,810
    Rep Power: 3710
    BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BiggJohn is offline
    Originally Posted by Roke View Post
    Maybe you took it with testoserone enhancing supplements, so you don't feel the loss of libido.
    No, it just doesn't effect everybody the same way.

  16. #16
    Registered User hotsaucebrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Age: 29
    Posts: 6,230
    Rep Power: 0
    hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hotsaucebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    hotsaucebrah is offline
    Did it work out srs
    No Glow, No Go Crew

    Mod-Negged Crew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts