say hello to future mr.O wrogersr's Avatar
    wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000) wrogersr is just really nice. (+1000)

Question very strong legs (for my age) and weak upper body why

i have been lifting for little over a year now and y have strong legs for example in in the leg press machine i do 630 pounds and in all machines for legs i can do the weight that they have easy but my upper body is not even close to strong i mean i curl 45 10 times in bench i do 160 some people at my gym tell me is my genetics and also tell me to take advantage of my legs strength is this true?
    "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body"

misc zombie survival squad, Bravo squad leader.

"First recipient of the Bigbeezy seal of approval"

spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Genetics.

And 630 on leg press is not very impressive.

I do ~550 for reps and I'm a little guy.

Take advantage of it, bro.

hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatchi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wrogersr View Post
    i have been lifting for little over a year now and y have strong legs for example in in the leg press machine i do 630 pounds and in all machines for legs i can do the weight that they have easy but my upper body is not even close to strong i mean i curl 45 10 times in bench i do 160 some people at my gym tell me is my genetics and also tell me to take advantage of my legs strength is this true?
    Do you have a decent upper body workout? Your deadlift would make your back grow like CRAZY if your legs are really strong. You do plenty of heavy compound lifts right?

Bent over rows, dips, military presses, ect?

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    No offense, but if you're sixteen and inexperience you probably aren't doing anything that resembles a rep on the leg press. Your legs will be naturally stronger just by default so you're not in a weird posistion. Just train basic and train hard, and you'll be set.

PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) PansyLad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rippetoe tells me to slap you! If you really squat 160 and dead 226, your legs are not strong. But the good news is that you can only increase in strength. Concentrate your workouts around core compound lifts and eat right and you will progress. Good luck!

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The leg press is nothing great. I could do 720 for reps after 8 months of training.

EDIT
    What does your leg routine look like? Maybe I can help you out.

jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jocktheglide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    short legs less ROM...same here I was probably 135lbs in high school on a good day and could leg press 800 for reps its retarded strength man it tell ya and bench only 135lbs. sqauted only 275lbs.....
    POSITIVE 716251 from NEGATIVE 200,000

Lowerthefever, "All pro BBers are natural except Jay Cutler"

DiamondDelts, "Well you can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time. Give a short, joking answer like dex and people will say you are unprofessional/ghetto. Give long, deep, analytical answers like kai and people say you are irritating/beating around the bush. You just can't win either way."

WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannabeBetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like your pretty weak. Try squating 630. Then ill need impressed.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by WannabeBetter View Post
    like your pretty weak. Try squating 630. Then ill need impressed.
    i am seriously thinking of negging you read the dates on a thread before you bump it. i am pretty sure in 4 years the guy has made some progress
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL ^ I was wondering how this guy has 1K reps and then I looked at the post date! I'm curious to see his reaction to this thread now, I love looking at old threads I made