pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto and gaining weight

I went to my Navy recruiting office today to weigh in and I weighed 239lbs, up one lb from last week. But this makes no sense. I use a keto type diet at 1600 calories for 5 days, with 50%protein, 45%fat, 5% carbs. Now I checked my BF and I am actually down 1%. Now I did have shin splints for a while and did not run. But now I am sprinting and doing my plyometrics again, So could I have actually put on some muscle? Also I am totally glycogen depleted as of today. So my real weight is probably 245or so. But has this happened to anyone else? Or am I hitting a plateau? I have been dieting for 2 and half months and have not hit one yet.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

Location: owning rottie, Game, Test, Hagy....shall I go on...
    Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fitgurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Keto and gaining weight

Originally posted by pitbullmuscle
    I went to my Navy recruiting office today to weigh in and I weighed 239lbs, up one lb from last week. But this makes no sense. I use a keto type diet at 1600 calories for 5 days, with 50%protein, 45%fat, 5% carbs. Now I checked my BF and I am actually down 1%. Now I did have shin splints for a while and did not run. But now I am sprinting and doing my plyometrics again, So could I have actually put on some muscle? Also I am totally glycogen depleted as of today. So my real weight is probably 245or so. But has this happened to anyone else? Or am I hitting a plateau? I have been dieting for 2 and half months and have not hit one yet.
    Well I wouldn't count on the scale weight for one. If you said you are down 1% in fat...then it isn't fat you are gaining. You must have put on some muscle
    Better known as "Roxie" and back with a vengeance!!!

What the hell are you looking at? Yeah...I'm Little Miss Sassy!!

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool It is common

To gain some lean mass even while dieting down on a ketogenic diet.

1600 cals may be a tad low.
    Psalm 121

pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fitnessman, Yeah I know its low calories but a few weeks back I posted a thread about trying out my theory with the keto diets. It was that if everything published about a keto were true then I should be able to do two things to burn as much adipose tissue as possible. I would drop the calories and start with a 75% fat and 25%protein ratio to establich ketosis and them switch the ratio to 50%protein, and 50%fat with trace carbs. According to a keto diet I should be able to do this and maintain muscle, which I have so far. But altering those two aspects of the diet should force the body to use more stored fat for ketones since less dietary fat is available. While I have done this for the past couple weeks I have been loosing about 3.5 lbs a week except for last week, where I gained a lb and lost 1% bf. So it has been working. I also read the protein power plan by the eade's doctors. Interesting but I think it gets real repeatative with the whole paleolithic concept. I found the exercise part kind of funny. Plus they are geared more towards mainstream america. Not bodybuilders, but still a good read.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool Pit

If you put on a pound and dropped 1% BF you are doing it well!

On the Eades, I have always stated they are not for bodybuilders. But for an overall grasp, they have put the best.

Keep it up! If you start to feel poorly bump up the calories a tad! Kay?
    Psalm 121