Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

benchpre$$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) benchpre$$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) benchpre$$ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What happens to you when you get knocked out?

I'm talking about like when you see a boxing match on tv and some guy gets knocked out.. what happens to him? I know he doesn't die, but I dont know exactly what being knocked out entails. thanks for the info.

Samsonite! I Was Way Off! AceVentura's Avatar
    AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by benchpre$$
    I'm talking about like when you see a boxing match on tv and some guy gets knocked out.. what happens to him? I know he doesn't die, but I dont know exactly what being knocked out entails. thanks for the info.
    becoming unconscious temporarily? Really nothing that special to it.

Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Someone told me it has to do with the bloodflow to your brain. I'm not really sure.

Stats: 6'3", 205 lbs
    BodyPoints: 983
    WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WIP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WIP's BodySpace
    are you asking what it's like to be unconscious? like what you see, feel, etc? idk cause i've never been knocked unconscious...
    Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. - Lou Holtz

If a man wants something he has never had before, he must do something he's never done before.

Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Realist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He's asking what it takes to become unconscious. Like what has to happen inside your body.

Blood, Sweat, and Steel. ValCapone's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 965
    ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit ValCapone's BodySpace
    It's a defense mechanism, when you get hit hard in the head the fluid around your brain can't absorb the impact, and your brain kind of hits the inside of your skull; when this happens your brain says "ok dude, you don't know what the **** you're doing, so I'm going to sleep for a while".

Hope that helps, I tried to explain it in layman's terms the best I can.
    'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"But that is a method for cowards; the brave man goes out into the
    hall, comes back with a stick, and says firmly, "You have just
    deliberately and cruelly exposed my ignorance before this company; I
    shall, therefore, beat you soundly with this stick in the presence
    of them all."

kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kiss kiss bang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i know that when the brain hits the side of your head you get a concussion. and the brain becomes bruised. too many bruises can lead to brain damage. ive had 3 concussions. last one i had was with amnesia (sp) that was wild..i remember now talking to my parents on the phone..i hung up the phone 5 seconds after my dad hung up, the nurse asked me when was the last time i talked to my dad, and i said that morning? lol i mean i had JUST talked to him but i said that morning, i find that hilarious.
    Last edited by kiss kiss bang; 02-19-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Originally Posted by kiss kiss bang
    i know that when the brain hits the side of your head you get a concussion. and the brain becomes bruised. too many bruises can lead to brain damage. ive had 3 concussions.
    Congratulations?

Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit God Gifted's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ValCapone
    It's a defense mechanism, when you get hit hard in the head the fluid around your brain can't absorb the impact, and your brain kind of hits the inside of your skull; when this happens your brain says "ok dude, you don't know what the **** you're doing, so I'm going to sleep for a while".

Hope that helps, I tried to explain it in layman's terms the best I can.

when your jaw gets punched no matter what size you are it slides back to this nerve and you get KTFO anytime.

///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ///MPOWER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rulanfistccd
    when your jaw gets punched no matter what size you are it slides back to this nerve and you get KTFO anytime.
    whats ktfo?
    ///
    GO

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    Stats: 5'10", 178 lbs
    BodyPoints: 362
    LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit LAWofNJ's BodySpace
    KNOCKED THE FUK OUT
    nj all day

Registered User Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie's Avatar
    Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000) Dennis_TheMenace_Bonvie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When your jaw gets hit hard enough. There's been plenty of boxers who've never been knocked down or out despite taking incredibly hard wacks to the jaw.

Stats: 6'1", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 28920
    Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ripped Mass has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ripped Mass's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by benchpre$$
    when someone gets knocked out I take their shoes.

ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ValCapone is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I wasn't going to explain HOW to get knocked out but...

Not any hit in the jaw will get a knockout, it depends on the strenght on the hit, and the placement of the punch, the jaw can sustain some impact, but not too much.

When I was boxing I was fortunate enough never to have gotten knocked out, but have a few KO's under my belt, and have seen a lot of people get knocked out, both in the ring, and on the street.

When you consider that 9 pounds of pressure per square inch, placed in the right spot on the human jaw can break it, when you get hit ANYWHERE in the jaw it won't be fun, but won't neccasarily cause a KO.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

of them all."

Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamiroquai is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Getting knocked out (in the streets I live in) means somebody taking a steel cane and snapping it against your jaw

Stats: 5'10", 182 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6669
    marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marcFE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit marcFE's BodySpace
    Its a defense mechanism, sorta like how the body goes into a coma, but to a lesser extent.

Happens for multiple reasons, most of the time its just some form of trauma of the head, or a nerve that connects to the head.

What I'de more like to know though is, why do people faint?

Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) God Gifted has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit God Gifted's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ValCapone
    Well I wasn't going to explain HOW to get knocked out but...

Not any hit in the jaw will get a knockout, it depends on the strenght on the hit, and the placement of the punch, the jaw can sustain some impact, but not too much.

When I was boxing I was fortunate enough never to have gotten knocked out, but have a few KO's under my belt, and have seen a lot of people get knocked out, both in the ring, and on the street.

When you consider that 9 pounds of pressure per square inch, placed in the right spot on the human jaw can break it, when you get hit ANYWHERE in the jaw it won't be fun, but won't neccasarily cause a KO.
    yea i knnw not every hit is an auto knockout. just saying the jaw is the best spot.

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    Stats: 5'10", 178 lbs
    BodyPoints: 362
    LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LAWofNJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit LAWofNJ's BodySpace
    nj all day

yea i knnw not every hit is an auto knockout. just saying the jaw is the best spot.
    When you consider that your brain has hard bone covering it (skull), and that the rest of your face will absorb a hit and probably just break (nose, cheekbones,). Yes, the jaw is the best spot
    Friedrich Nietzsche

of them all."

Originally Posted by marcFE
    What I'de more like to know though is, why do people faint?
    People faint because their brain just "shuts off" and goes to sleep for a while, so that the body won't continue to fight i.e hurt itself more.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

of them all."

Stats: 6'0", 203 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11263
    seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) seven11 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit seven11's BodySpace
    very interesting thread