Where do I go from here? BigDerek's Avatar
    BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigDerek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ortmayer Wins Fit Expo Strongman Comp

Dont know if this has already been posted, but here it is from Ironmind:

"Travis Ortmayer Wins FitExpo Strongman
    It was a two-horse race and in the end, Travis Ortmayer edged Jesse Marunde for the title at the FitExpo Strongman contest today.

Here are the top seven finishers:

1. Travis Ortmayer 106 points
    2. Jesse Marunde 104
    3. Dave Ostlund 74
    4. Mark Philippi 72.5
    5. Odd Haugen 66.5
    6. Josh Thigpen 65.5
    7. Kevin Nee 56 points "

Way to go 81Ort

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking Awesome!

Nice one Travis!!
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Congratulates Travis, on the first place. and David on the third, as these two post here.

World, King of Stones is "Travis Ortmayer" (23.71 sec), followed by Jesse Marunde (24.63 sec) and David Ostlund (25.16)."

Travis we all would love to see you and the rest hitting them records in the stones, would you have a video for us to DL please, that is just outstanding lifting, 23.71 is the world record, for the six stones as it’s I think the first time they are lifted with judges, you must have the three stone records now, fantastic, congratulates to you and all there.
    Originally Posted by Originally Posted by 81Ort
    WSM- 220, 240, 260, 308, 353 - 5 stones, very light that you have to run with. Mariusz set a new record this year I think of almost 27 sec.

IFSA-308, 330, 353, 375, 400 -championship set - all loaded to the "ring of stones". These are the hardest platforms ever to load to.
    I have this record at 28.49 sec. slow I know.
    I also have the light set record. 264-375 at 25.17 sec. Also slow
    From Ironmind,

Ortmayer and Marunde Battling in out at FitExpo
    "There’s great energy at the contest," Odd Haugen told IronMind, as he described the action at the FitExpo Strongman contest in Pasadena, California.

"There's a seesaw race for first place between Jesse and Travis, with the latter leading by 1 point after 5 events," Haugen said. "There's also a tight race for third Mark Philippi leading yours truly by 2 point, just ahead of David Ostlund by 1/2 a point. "

"The US Wellness Meats Farmer's Medley was won by Travis Ortmayer in impressive fashion, followed closely by Jesse Marunde and Mark Philippi. The Apex Giant Dumbbell Lift was predictably won by Jesse Marunde (8 reps), followed by Travis Ortmayer (6 reps), and yours truly (5 reps). The Vyotek Stones of Strength was every bit the barn burner it was predicted to be, with some of the best stone lifting I have ever seen....the standard is changing: 9 of the 14 athletes finished all six stones, including the "Tombstone," in the 60 second time limit. The US, or should I say World, King of Stones is Travis Ortmayer (23.71 sec), followed by Jesse Marunde (24.63 sec) and David Ostlund (25.16)."

If you're in Southern California, swing by the FitExpo today and catch the final day of the strongman competition, along with a lot of other exciting events.

Wayne

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

conghrats bro, knew you could do it!

onto the worlds this year

Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    these stones have been used in Venice Beach WSM superseries, where no one, not even mariusz got the tombstone. (even though I believe Travis beat Mariusz time through 5 stones as well)

I didn't take any videos because ill just buy the movie when it comes out.

Congrats Travis, I love your intensity

PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10) PitzaPapa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is it just me or does travis have a baby face

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks guys! I had a great weekend and luckily I came out on top this time. Jesse is one tough SOB. I will try to load some video if I can. Check the other threads for a link to the site with pics. Klien is a great photographer.
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So when do we see...drumroll...TRAVIS V. MARIUS?!
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats Travis wish i could have seen it. So when are you coming over to WSMSS...j/k ;0), anyway all the best in the future.
    PWA

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ort, te competition wasnt that good. When will you do something against real atheletes? What? No invite to the Arnold for the guy who thinks he is better than Mariusz? Thats a travesty eh Ort?

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tokki
    Ort, te competition wasnt that good. When will you do something against real atheletes? What? No invite to the Arnold for the guy who thinks he is better than Mariusz? Thats a travesty eh Ort?
    Travis is invited as the 1st alternate if I remmeber correctly

Marunde was #2 in the world in YOUR boy marius'z own federation, and travis beat him

in the process, he did something mariusz had never done, and has a world record mariusz doesnt

get off mariusz' nuts and appreicate an achievment

for someone who complains not enough strongman is discussed here you sure dont do jack to help

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy
    Travis is invited as the 1st alternate if I remmeber correctly

Marunde was #2 in the world in YOUR boy marius'z own federation, and travis beat him

in the process, he did something mariusz had never done, and has a world record mariusz doesnt

get off mariusz' nuts and appreicate an achievment

for someone who complains not enough strongman is discussed here you sure dont do jack to help

I will give him a break when he admits he could never beat mariusz. Which he knows is the truth. I simply dont like him so why should I congratulate him?

Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gwailo168 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hope bodybuilding.com keeps these threads archived so in a couple years we can see what strength freaks Travis and some of the other americans have turned in to

Then maybe tokki will reflect back and realize that he isn't always right

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tokki
    Negs for the jerk.

Originally Posted by Gwailo168
    I hope bodybuilding.com keeps these threads archived so in a couple years we can see what strength freaks Travis and some of the other americans have turned in to

Neither Travis, nor any of the Americans currently active will ever accomplish anything. Travis, enjoy squeaking out a win against a guy Mariusz regularly steamrolled.

Originally Posted by Gwailo168
    Well, lets say that when it comes to this sport, I AM always right.

Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Five has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why are Tokki's posts still in this thread? They contribute nothing, all they do is display the pathetic jealous twisted psychology of this bizarre little man. More importantly why the hell is Tokki still allowed to post here at all?

People on this site can learn more in one post from Travis than they could in a million from Tokki, so if Tokki drives him away with his absurd drivel, then this site will suffer a big loss. Not only that but this kind of stupidity will discourage other pro's from posting here.

I don't know if Travis will ever beat Marius, but he certainly has the potential to do so, as do several of the guys that competed at the Fitexpo. The gains they have all made in the past year or so have been phenomenal.

Congrats Travis.
    Professional strength and conditioning coach - Rugby Union

Originally Posted by Five
    Why are Tokki's posts still in this thread? They contribute nothing, all they do is display the pathetic jealous twisted psychology of this bizarre little man. More importantly why the hell is Tokki still allowed to post here at all?

People on this site can learn more in one post from Travis than they could in a million from Tokki, so if Tokki drives him away with his absurd drivel, then this site will suffer a big loss. Not only that but this kind of stupidity will discourage other pro's from posting here.

I don't know if Travis will ever beat Marius, but he certainly has the potential to do so, as do several of the guys that competed at the Fitexpo. The gains they have all made in the past year or so have been phenomenal.

Congrats Travis.

I apologize, perhaps I went overboard. Anyway Ort, congrats. See, I am not a jerk and can own up to being wrong.

I will leave this thread of my own volition and let you celebrate.
    Last edited by tokki; 02-21-2006 at 04:41 AM.

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I appreciate all your responses guys! Tokki I thought you said that Jarek was an incredible competitor who was vastly superior to most of IFSA. I think Jesse beat him quite handily at TWI's WSM, but I could be wrong seeing how Jesse is not, in your opinion, a very good athlete. I never said I was better than Mariusz but God willing I will be. I did get an invite to be the first alternate at the Arnold and since this is my first year on the international scene I will graciously accept that.
    To all others, I will not be driven off by some internet warrior. I now see what Tokki is trying to accomplish and to a degree I can appreciate that. Although I agree that sometimes she can go too far. All that bashing IFSA only gives them more exposure.

Here's a cool news write up. The IFSA site also has a lot of other news on training, diet, and contests; some of which come straight from the athletes themselves.
    http://www.ifsastrongman.com/
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

Originally Posted by 81Ort
    I appreciate all your responses guys! Tokki I thought you said that Jarek was an incredible competitor who was vastly superior to most of IFSA. I think Jesse beat him quite handily at TWI's WSM, but I could be wrong seeing how Jesse is not, in your opinion, a very good athlete. I never said I was better than Mariusz but God willing I will be. I did get an invite to be the first alternate at the Arnold and since this is my first year on the international scene I will graciously accept that.
    To all others, I will not be driven off by some internet warrior. I now see what Tokki is trying to accomplish and to a degree I can appreciate that. Although I agree that sometimes she can go too far. All that bashing IFSA only gives them more exposure.

Here's a cool news write up. The IFSA site also has a lot of other news on training, diet, and contests; some of which come straight from the athletes themselves.
    http://www.ifsastrongman.com/

ill PM you before the arnold to make sure i got your current cell # bro, I should be around Saturday and possibly friday