Closed Thread
Page 4 of 331 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: eating disorder

Originally posted by janderstein
    It takes a lot of courage to admit that you have a problem. I think the best way to deal with your eating disorder is to let those close to you aware of your problem, this will come in handy when you are in a time of need, and there seems to be no way out. Meal plannign is definatley key, but I feel it basically comes down to will power, are you going to give up, and be defeated by this, or are you going to kick this problem. I think that this is definaltey a serious issue, and it is something to get under control, binge eating is terrible for your body, and so are some of the extras that come with it, like vomiting,dieting, and over training. Best of luck with dealing with the problem, write me and let me know how things are going.
    Your right about letting those around you know about your problem and getting them to help you out. Eating disorders are serious and could be the death of you, literally. However, sometimes the problems take a little more than willpower to overcome. For me, it wasn't just saying "NO" to something bad for me. It was overtraining. This lead my body to a state of deprivation. I finally got to the point were I excercised myself to death and my body just couldn't take it any more. It finally said, "Fine, if you aren't going to feed me, I am going to MAKE you feed me!"

Overcoming this disorder has been just about the hardest MENTAL thing I have had to do. And, yes, once I got back on the wagon, several times it has come down to willpower and just saying no. But it took me more than that to accept my problem and turn my life around. It is something I have sworn NEVER to be a victim of again.

persevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eating disorders

hey guys im new to this board, and the first thing i saw was this thread on eating disorders. I haven't had a chance to read ALL the responses but will eventually.
    It's seriously really really refreshing and relieving to see that others experience the same problems that I do. Almost exactly the same problems. LIke someone said they have a problem eating in the middle of the night, I thought i was the only weird ass in the world that woke up and ate and ate.
    Or when you say some of you search and search for food and while you do you test and nibble on different foods! That's exactly what i do, i dont want to eat a whole cookie, so i break a piece off, and i dont wanna eat a whole bowl of spaghetti so i'll take a few bites, but i continue to taste different foods its so weird.
    I personally think that it all started a year back when I was 17 and ate low calories and extremely clean, because i thought that was the best way to gain muscle and lose fat. (i know it's stupid) But I think those months of awesome clean eating screwed me over now, because now I have so much trouble using my willpower to not nibble on foods or eat crap!
    I've been trying to battle this **** and dunno how, i still wake up in themiddle of the night, or in between meals and just stare at the fridge looking and nibbling on things even though im full!
    I'm lucky im bulking right now, and very lucky that most of the weight i've put on has gone to muscle, but i just feel ashamed and frustrated and disapointed in myself that I dont have the willpower to say no to food, and that food is always on my mind. I hate it, and am going to continue to fight this bitch until it goes away.
    Thanks for letting me rant and let some steam off, good thread fit for life, and thanks everyone for the info and inputs it's very helpful. Good luck to everyone else out there!
    "Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated"- gnc

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to this thread persevere. Yea, you are DEFINITELY not alone. Sometimes when you get super motivated about this sport/hobbie (whatever), you can easily go overboard. It doesn't take long. But it takes a LONG time to recover. Overtraining and undereating go hand and hand. It isn't that you don't have enough willpower, it is that you have put your body through hell, at least in my case. It is only a matter of time till it says, "no more". Then, at that point, you have no choice but to give in. Glad to hear that you are getting it under control. You sound like you have the right attitude.

As for my progress, it doesn't look like I am going to hit my mark, DAMMIT! I did my weekly weigh in last Friday and was at 184lbs. I only lost a 1lb last week. Which really pissed me off because I bumped up the cardio last week and really pushed it. As a result, I went ahead with my weekly cheat day yesterday so I know for sure I ain't going to hit it. I don't know why, but it just stalled. My body does that from time to time. It like takes a couple of weeks it seems like before it starts losing again. Oh well. I gave it everything I got, which is all I can do. 21lbs in 9 weeks isn't too bad I guess. I guess I need to look on the bright side of things and be glad I am at 184 instead of at 205 like I was. This week is going to be really tuff though. All the family dinners and parties. I guess it is time to see what my willpower is really made of.

Hope everyone is progressing and kicking their bad habits. Good luck to you all this week and have a safe holiday.

Location: i have to leave bread crums to find my way back home so how would i know
    VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok here's my story, just bored so thought i'd fill everyone in.
    At 14 I was 14 stone (196 pounds) at 5,10. I was fed up of this physique and so didn't eat much at all for 3 months and lost a whopping 4 stone (56 pounds). TOO MUCH in that time due to the eating 1000 calories a day, and sometimes i would binge eat but then not eat for 2 days after to make up for it (GOD I WAS AN IDIOT BACK THEN)

I realised that 140 pounds on my now 6,0ft frame looked crap and my osteopath recommended taking protein powder as i'm a vege. After reading some articles about bodybuilding, i realised thats what I wanted to do, and when I got my first pump I was in heaven.

I'm currently now 161 pounds with a 9-11% bodyfat (my abs are visable-ish but need some mass all around really).

Oh and I have been from anorexic to binge eating so I know how people feel, and would like to say i'll help anyone if i can.
    'In every block of marble I see a statue; see it as plainly asthough it stood. Before me shaped and perfect in attitude and action; i have only to hew away the rough walls... to reveal it to other eyes as mine see it' - Michelangelo

'What's Important Now... WIN'

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey fella's (and gal's),

I haven't posted in a while, but all is well... it's good to see everyone making progress.

Fitnessman, you may wanto look into planned re-feeds to kick leptin back up during you extended dieting. The following is quite a good article: http://www.anabolicextreme.com/anabo...enghsgains.htm

What supps are you on??.

Anyways... Good luck and merry christmas all!

del
    "Conformity breeds mediorcraty"
    -Gustave Flaubert

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it, and that is poetry"
    -John Cage

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will be having my 3rd cheat meal in 2 years tonight. I hope it won't turn into a binge. I will try to taste a bit of everything without going crazy.

Will eventually be on the treadmill after a lifting session tomorrow morning.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Never realized how many men have eating disorders.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by CerealKiller
    Never realized how many men have eating disorders.
    Now you know.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    Now you know.
    And I spelled everything right also.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

Originally posted by CerealKiller
    And I spelled everything right also.

Anyway, what's up bro. Hope you're not another member of this f***ed-up group like me..
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Originally posted by RippedUp

Anyway, what's up bro. Hope you're not another member of this f***ed-up group like me..
    Nope my problem is at the other end of the spectrum. Hard to say no to Hagendaz.

eating disorders

hey guys it seems this thread is slowing down a bit. After my first post here i havent posted since, which has been quite a while. I guess cause it was the school break for a month and with christmas and all i knew i wasnt going be on my diet to carefully.
    but now it's the new year and i just finished reading everyone of the posts on this thread, and there has been a lot of good info thrown down here, and just reading this has inspired me to pick up my diet. Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well. I hope ppl are still posting on this thread.
    I'm still trying to get over this damn problem. But i just told my mom about it recently which has sorta helped.
    By reading everything, I just wantedt to point out and I think this sorta summarizes a lot of what has been said. But the MIND plays so many games with reality. Whether it be anorexia or whatever, your brain for some reason makes you see something that is not really there. And makes you think **** that isnt true. I know in the past when I always thought i was fat, i took a lot of pics to measure my progress. And in one year my body didnt look like it gained ANY muscle casue i was starving my body so much of needed nutrients. Yet i still saw a fat person. FInally back in september i started bulking and looked the pictures back then, and it is amazing to see how skinny I really was. It was gross, yet i didnt realize it. Even though friends and parents and family friends were making comments like "oh you look really thin", "have you lost weight", "are you on a diet". WHich i sorta liked the comments but they really werent compliments, they were more of concerned remarks, as i was getting to thin.
    ANYWAYS that was back then and I just wanted to emphasize to anyone who is dealing with these issues, that your mind controls what you see and feel and i know it sounds weird to say but chances are you dont look nearly as bad, fat, ugly as your mind makes you think.
    anyways im still in the eating disorder mode with you all and will be posting here more often about my results as time goes by now that chrismas is over. just as long as ppl are still posting here!!

thanks!

Good to hear from you again persevere. And congrats on getting back into things. Yea, I took a break from this thread for a while also, but not from my dieting. I made it through the holidays without falling off the wagon. Hard as hell though, let me tell ya. Anyway, I was doing really well until I hit 180 (thats from 205) at ten weeks. Then it was like I hit a wall and have only lost 2 pounds in the past 2 weeks. It has been pretty discouraging, let me tell ya. But, I keep saying to myself what I think Big Rig said. "Don't concentrate on perfection, just progress". I keep telling myself that 180 is MUCH better than 205. But, my MIND keeps saying, "Man, you still look like crap. You use to be 160 you fat ass." Oh well, bad habits die hard I guess.

I think you have a lot of good points. I look at pictures of me when I was 150-160 and think man, was I skinny. And then I have to tell myself there is more to life than being thin. The mind is definetly my biggest battle. I have to tell myself that no matter how good I look, I will NEVER be satisfied. And that somehow helps me put things in perspective. I am STILL trying to kick this habit of TRYING to look perfect. I guess it just takes time. Hope everyone else it doing well.

arob34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Own Experience

Hi guys,

I am seventeen years old and I have been through a lot over the last year. I had always been active in sports but last winter I began to run to make my body look better. I tried to start eating "smart" and my body became a little leanr. I was 5'6 115 lbs. This was the most I have ever weighed and had never had an eating disorder before (I must have had a super metabolism because I ate whatever I wanted). It got progressively worse: I ran about 2-3 miles six days a week and went on a calorie restriction diet. I was very depressed

Over the summer I was away from my parents at an Academic Summer Camp. When my parents picked me up I was 94 lbs. I was in very bad shape. I went to a psychologist and was prescribed an antidepressant.

In November I started lifting weights at my local YMCA. I now weigh about 125-130 lbs and workout pretty much every day. I decided I wanted to look better for the other gender. I am now much happier with myself and my body. However, I am still extremely conscious about gaining any fat and am on a severe diet (in terms of the foods I eat). I take in about 2200-2400 calories daly coming from the following sources: protein shakes, oatmeal, turkey breast, brown rice cakes, apples, etc. I have not had any pop, pizza, ice cream, chips, etc. for about a year. I am now taking creatine, glutamine, amino acids, and an ephedra product (my parents don't know about any of it). Some timesI feel like I want to gain weight (for the girls) and sometimes I don't. I am very conscious about how my body looks especially abs and chest. I want to gain muscle, but do not want to gain any fat. It is rough, but I am adjusting and doing much better.

I encorage anyone with a disorder such as me to seek professional help because it truly does help. Any advice/motivation?

Thanks for listening,
    Andrew

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Welcome

Good to have you aboard and are doing well. Realizing you have problem and getting help is a sign of inner strengh and wisdom.

Live long and prosper, Andrew

Rob--

arob

hey arob, you sorta seem to have been in the same situation i used to be in. yours was a bit more serious, but more or less the same type of situation.
    I was so scared to put on any fat from sometime in gr.11 through the end of grade 12. I thought the best way to build muscle and lose fat was workout a lot and eat low calories, which i did along with playing sports 5 days a week. The problem w/ my body was that my chest is naturally puny yet my hips are sorta wide so even though my bf% was low it still looked like i was "wide". Anyways I got comments on how thin i was and ****, i didnt believe you needed to eat a lot to get big. But then again i i didnt really get any good gains weightlifting, due to my poor nutrition.
    But from jan2002 to sept 2002 i was injured and couldnt workout, but learnt a lot through the incredibly frustrating period.
    Now I feel like the BIGGEST idiot for eating so little while exercising and workinout so much. I was so afraid to put on an ounce of fat, but without more calories you aint gonna build size or strength.
    Now I've gone from that weak 180 pound, 6'3" injured guy, to 230pounds with a sixpack. I have gained a bit of fat from binge eating w/ my eating disorder, which was caused probably because i restricted myself from so much food in the past that now my mind doesnt have the strength to hold back temptations.
    What you wanna do is do a clean, slow bulk. Which i am doing. You follow a strict diet of high calories. Begin by making a diet for yourself of 6 meals, with about 3000calories. Have about a 50/30/20 split of carbs/pro/fat, approx. Still do 3 days a week of cardio and regular liftng. And weigh yourself weekly and see what happens to the scale.
    Since you weigh relatively low to what your body is accustomed to, you'll probably gain weight quick quickly in the beginning due to the water weight, so dont be afraid of it! Trust me. Continue with the diet and make sure that the scale goes up a MAX of 2 pounds a week, that way you'll ensure that most of your gains are muscle and not fat. And dont worry if you measure yourself one time and your 5 pounds heavier than the last day, cause scales fluctuate a lot depeding on what you've eaten/drinken and done through out the day.
    Bump up your cals until you find a good caloric range where your gaining weight slowly, if your not gaining w/ 3000, which you probably will stop gaining soon after the first few weeks. If you feel like your gaining a bit of fat then either lower the cals or readjust the ratio of nutrients.

hope this helps

IStock1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question binging for enjoyment

Hi y'all, I'm 17 years old, 5'5'', 135, and I feel like food, well junk food in particular, is a huge part of my life. It seems like I can't go 3 days without an all out binge. Once I have one "naughty" thing to eat during the day, it snowballs into making the entire day just binging on every kind of snack and junk i desire, which I would estimate is usually over 7000 calories for every binge. To counteract the binging, I get up at 4 a.m. the next morning to run before school for about 65-70 minutes at a 7:10 per mile pace. Well, I really just needed somewhere like this to admit my problem and try to get some advice from anyone who can help on how to mentally keep me from giving into cravings. Thank you in advance.

binging

hey man dont worry about your prob sorta sounds exactly what i used to do a lot and still do. A lot of the time i would binge out before bed when i got home after a night of drinking or smoking bud w/ my friends, and going all night not eating any food just partying leaves u w/ huge munchies. I ate disgusting amounts of food, and just felt HORRIble the next day. So I'd go do cardio for like 30-40 minutes when i woke up which would be either 5am or 7am or whatever.
    First off it's a bad cycle to get into dude, cause 1 you'll start getting colds and getting sick, 2 i dunno if you weight train or what your goals are but with lack of sleep and so much cardio losing muscle is pretty easy.
    I dont tend to really binge when im in a 'normal' state (not drunk/baked) but i always have food on my mind. A year ago when i was 17 i thought to gain muscle the best way was to eat low cals, really cleanly. And by eating so few cals, i guess my mind and body got messed up and now i dont have much of a resisntance to saying no to cravings and i feel like i always have food on my mind.
    I'm able to counteract this ****, usually just trying to hit it w/ will power cause thats what a lot of it is, it's you saying to yourself that what your doing is not healthy at all, if you wanna reach your goals or compete in bodybuildign soon you gotta buckle under this **** and just say no. I swear this may sound psychotic but look at the junk food you might and just say '**** you' i aint eating that ****. Cause every time you binge, it makes you feel bad and in the end it's gonna catch up to you somehow. I just feel so gross the next day even if i do do cardio and a weight training session. And my diet gets messed up the next couple days casue im scared to eat my regular gaining diet cause im worried it'll start turning into fat cause of the binge.
    What i find i do which still isnt the best but what helps is just testing a bit of something, getting the flavour in my mouth then leaving it or secretly wrapping it up in paper towel and throwing it in the garbage. It may not work though cause a lot of ppl say that once they get the taste they cant stop.
    I would 1) try to get your family to buy less junk. 2) eat 6 small healthy meals a day to keep you full and gives you something to look forward to in terms of food 3) make sure you have a nice protein snack before bed so you dont binge out in the evening (cottage cheese, protein shake) 4) i find that supplements save my ass so much, whether it be a protein powder, protein bars, splenda (low cal sweetener), aspartame (dont use much). Hell sometimes if i'm feeling down and have a feeling that tonight controlling my snacking is gonna be hard i'll throw a bottle of diet 7up or mix up some crystal light, so i can grab that when i feel a craving coming on, or i'll take a tablespoon of sucralose sweetened jam and a bit of peanutbutter, or sucralose sweetened jello. Another good idea is buy a **** load of deli meats, all varieties, stick 'em in your fridge and whenever you feel like a snack munch on them, they are thin, low in cals and taste great. Also no fat kraft cheese slices. Throw a piece of cheese w/ a slab of turkey meat and you got a low cal, bit of protein snack. Have a lot of veggies around to snack on. Have lots of bottles of water available to drink to fill you up.
    make up your great tasting snacks with supplements to battle the problem. hell for a great tasting snack i pour a cup of kashi cereal (only 13grams carbs) into a bowl, a scoop of chocolate whey powder, a bit of milk, and maybe peanutbutter depending on my fat intake for the day and mix it up so its not liek cereal but a thick dessert, tastes great! hell to stop eating cookies i'll take a teaspoon of chocolate whey and a tiny bit of peanutbutter and scoop 'em into my mouth.
    Alotta this **** sounds weird but it's better than grabbing a cookie of a bucket of ice cream.
    Good luck man, sorry for the long reply, but i really wish you good luck cause i totally know how you feel.
    And remember to treat yourself to something once in a while. Grab a cookie, or chocolate bar or bowl of icecream then leave the damn kitchen or candy aisle and eat it, but dont go back, cause chances are you'll say to yourself like i always tend to do is "well i've ****ed my diet up already, might as well continue doing it cause it aint gonna make a difference"...WRONG, a calorie is a calorie you eat a handful of nuts, and think then you might as well finish off the bag, then it's all over and you've gotten like quadruple the amount of calories you would have had in just that one handful.

GREAT advice persevere! A lot of people believe (including myself) that if you don't stick to your diet 100%, you have failed. Not the case. Whenever I find that I am STILL hungry after getting my allotted calories in for the day, is take a pack of sugar free jello pudding and some whey protien powder, mix some water and ice, and blend. You wouldn't believe the shake that makes. It is YUMMY! ANd only like 200 calories. As long as you don't go for the cookies or ice cream, don't feel bad. We all get hungry. And 9 times out of 10, your body is trying to tell you something. Now, I am not saying that you will never feel hungry on a diet. If that were the case, 1/3 of all americans wouldn't be obese. But, don't consider it a failure if you have to eat a little more during the day than you have planned. Another thing that helps me is having one cheat meal a week. It gives you something to look forward to and will jump start your motabolism when on a diet. GOOD LUCK!

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would give an update. I have finally cleaned up my act. 3 and 1/2 weeks ago (will be 4 weeks this Thursday) I decided I had enough. Despite my attempts to control my eating, I was still binging almost every day. The holidays did not help. I set a goal to be at 230 around Christmas, but instead of losing, I ended up gaining weight. In early January my bodyweight topped out at a lifetime high, 246.5 pounds.

At that point something clicked. I decided it was time to take control and make it happen. Since that fateful day, January 16 to be precise, I have not strayed from my new eating plan even one time. I am not saying that I do not eat good foods as I tend to eat things that many bodybuilders would consider taboo on a daily basis. But my portions are under control, I have a protein source at each meal, and I am loving every minute of it.

So far I have dropped 11 pounds and have made great changes in the way I look. I still have a long way to go, but I am staying focused on the big picture. As long as I am doing my best each day to be the best I can be I will be happy.

I think the suggestions that Persevere gives are good ones. I too utilize sugar-free jello, Crystal Light, and diet sodas to fulfill that lingering sweet tooth. I also use condiments such as A1, Heinz 57, and so on to lend flavor to the lean meats that I consume. I also end each night with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. This adds essential fats into my diet and more importantly, it gives me something to look forward to and kills my night-time hunger.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who participates in this thread. I know it has helped me immensely. Though I have not posted recently, I do continue to monitor the posts and gain many new insights. So thanks again.

BigRig
    Enjoy the journey!

OUTSTANDING BigRig! Yea, until YOU are ready to make the change, nothing else much helps. That is AWESOME about the 11 pounds. Yea, I haven't given an update in a while either. As of last week (the 16th week) I have lost a total of 35 pounds. I am down from 205 to 170. But, about a 1 1/2 weeks ago, I hit the wall. I went on an all out binge. ALL DAY! I ate so much, that I spent the next 1 1/2 days in bed. I puked 3 times that night and REALLY messed my system up. Let that be a lesson to all. Nothing good can come from binging (DUH!) It was good and bad. Bad because I can't remember that last time I was that sick. And good because now, knowing what binging can do to me, I will not stray again!

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent progress Fifforlife. I remember a while ago when you seemed to be stuck at 180. So don't worry about it. You broke through that plateau and you will break through this one as well. Just keep at it. Also remember that it is not healthy to be at too low of a bodyfat percentage (I think about 7-8% is about as low as you would want to be on a permanent basis), so make sure you stop cutting and begin maintaining at a healthy bodyweight. Also, don't worry about the major binge episode. Obviously you learned a valuable lesson from that and will not soon forget it! It is not your success that defines you as a person. Rather, it is the obstacles you overcome that make you into the person you are. Keep up the good work!
    Enjoy the journey!

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    fit for life, I feel you on the bingeing, but remember no matter how bad the binge, it is more damaging to your body to purge. I know it is tough to look at it this way, but really it is worth holding water for a day as opposed to ruining your intestinal tract. I am glad that you are honest and can admit the problem, I have been there, but last week I had a little ginge, and decided that I would use it to my advantage, I went to bed with only positive thoughts on my mind, and I got up the next day and trained like a savage, I could tell the overfeeding had given my muscles some of the nutrients they were desiring, as it showed in my great pump and my lack of fatigue, yeah I was holding a little water, for that day, but sure enough the next day, back to the level I was at before, and wouldnt you know my body was still charged up for the next couple of days. The most important thing I learned from this was yeah I can slip a little, and get back on track, and as long as I dont make a habit of it, it wont hurt me. Remember this game is a life long one, so plan to keep it that way my good friend, best of luck, and stay mentally strong
    AOK

I appreciate the encouragement! I might have not made it clear, but I didn't purge on purpose. I literally ate till I puked. I have done it once before. I literally ate ALL day! Till the point that the only way my body could function was to throw it back up. I have never purged on purpose. I rather die then puke. Needless to say that feeling is still fresh in my memory and will keep me from doing that again. At least for a while.

OFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW there is other like me. I just found this thread. I have been on a Keto diet for 2 weeks, feel great, losing weight. Then for the last three days, especially yesterday I ate like a manic. Last night I was bloated, had gas, and felt like crap. But I kept eating.

What do you do with a wife who buys all that junk food and keeps it in the house. First of all I'm pissed because she feeds that **** to my kids, who are becoming little junk food lovers, second is she buys it at all. We agrue about it all the time. I'm trying to cut then yesterday I'm shoving a chocolate cupcake in my face and she says "why are you eating that"? WHY DO YOU THINK, THERE'S A WHOLE BOX OF THE CRAP HERE AND RIGHT NOW IT LOOKS A LOT BETTER THAN BROCCOLI. Sometime I throw it all away and she says, there is other people that live in this house and we like that food, you'll just have to get used to it, then she buys more.

I feel for ya bro! I have a wife that is the same way. She was gifted with a genetically freeky mutabolism that she can pretty much eat what she wants and still stays slim. She keeps cookies and ice cream and candy laying all around the house. What I do is I give myself one cheat meal a week. All that week I think about what I am going to eat at that meal. For some reason, it really helps me. I find myself looking at that bag of M&M's or those cookies saying, "You will be mine is 4 days.....in 3 days....in 2 days!" Then, I FEAST! Yea, you are bloated as all get out the next day and feel like crap, but it recharges your body and in a couple of days you are back to your original weight and replenished.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto is not the only way to lose fat. If it's making you binge it is likely that it is the wrong way for you to lose... Maybe you should try some other plan that permits you carbs instead... Although keto metabolism will work in many people some can't do it (rather like some people can't eat dairy).

Binging is a sign that something is wrong and you should listen to what your body is trying to tell you.
    Last edited by rleeson; 02-17-2003 at 08:43 AM.

blatopilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wanted to say you guys are doing awesome! I've been there before when I was younger as well, too much cardio, too little food, paranoid about gaining any weight, constanly thinking about my physique. All the same symptoms...I think a lot more people suffer than come forward.

I think its great someone adresses the mental aspect (where all the damage is done). I just wanted to say keep going guys, do it one day at a time.....We are all pulling for you.
    Fear less, hope more;
    Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more;
    Hate less, love more;
    And all good things are yours.

OFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    those peanut butter cups in the cupboard.....it's Friday, one more day and your all mine.

migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Hello to you all...

I just registered and this thread was the one and only reason for that. I read frequently the posts as a guest but unfortunately i have no time to participate . I believe i have an eating disorder caused by our bodybuilding habits on dieting. First i would like to say that i am 23 yo and i work out for 6 years. First 4 years i was only bulking to get some mass on me and i didn't really care for the fat gain. I started at a 140lbs - 15% bf and topped at 230 lbs 21%bf 4 years later. I am 5.10 Being 230 lbs was ok at the winter , i was looking huge but i wanted to get in shape for the summer.

Then i started doing the things that most of you do when cutting, i started with keto , continued with extremely high protein, low carb, jumped back into a keto and so on. I have to say here that i was also using a ****load of drugs. T3, steroids, gluco****e , ephedrine and i experimented with some others like bromocriptine. My workouts were brutal , i was doing 6 times cardio a week and 4-5 weightlifting sessions. I was catabolic most of the time, i couldn't function at all , not at college or even sexually obviously due to low testosterone. I lost a lot of muscle during the progress as i was only eating < 50gr carbs a day for a long time and the T3 doses >100mcg were counteracting the anticatabolic effects of the steroids. All my friends were telling me that i always looked too pale but kept on going. Chicken , flax and veggies was my life. I became totally antisocial , always bad mooded and unpleasant to hang out with.

After i reached a nice condition , very muscular and veiny ( winny and equipose) i suddenly started to binge. The first few times i liked it because it made me look even better. I was using extremely high doses of gluco****e an ALA and all the carbs went straight into my muscles. Also the T3 didn't let anything to turn into fat. I swear i could eat 2-3000 calories in one single meal and the next day i was back at my good condition with the help of a few lasix tablets.

But the time had come to stop the drugs, and to stay clear for some time. Unfortunately my sex-drive was already non-existent. The binges got too frequent, i didn't really care what i was eating, i just wanted to eat anything and everything. I remember that sometimes when i didn't have anything at my house, i was taking a large bowl of veggies 250ml of flax seed oil and 3-4 pounds of chicken and was eating all those at a single meal. I had to eat till i got into a complete discomfort situation. I just couldn't stop , it was scary... i couldn't control myself at all. I only did it when i was alone of course. I was too embarassed to let anyone else see . The binges got a lot worse, i was binging almost every other day. Unfortunately i still haven't managed to kick that habit.

20 days ago after i reached 229lbs , i went to see a dietician , former bodybuilding champion. He gave me a balanced diet 33%/33%/33% p/c/f and i thought i could get over it at last. Unfortunately after 8 days i broke again and i ate over 3000 calories in one sinlge meal, even though i follow a diet of 2500 kcal a day! Huge setback as you see. I did it again 3 days later. I did again today. I can't deal with it anymore. This situation is really getting me down. I avoid going out due to moonface and huge gut from the bloating.

I also feel so guilty afterwards that i go to the gym and overtrain to try to counteract the whole thing. My legs are sore all the time due to the brutal cardio and i am always tired due to the very heavy and long weight lifting sessions. I don't take any drugs at the moment and fortunately my sex drive is back. I am not planning to use anything in the future , not even thermogenics. Ephedrine caused me the most problems after all, of course i was abusing it. Sometime i even went over 150 mg a day and this caused a lot of problems , swollen prostate and low sex drive being the most serious ones. Anyway i will stay clean , enough damage i caused to myself.

I realise that my post is too long and i 'm sorry for that but i tried to make a really long story as short as it could be. I also want to say that i am Greek so if my English isn't very good, give me a break. I just wanted to add my experience , i am open to any questions , suggestions or even flames . Thanks for reading