Closed Thread
Page 6 of 331 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    rudy5970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rleeson, thanks a lot for the support, i really appreciate. its funny how our mind works sometimes. while bulking this year sometimes i would wake up in the mourning and feel happy with the progress i was making, and then later on that day i would be depressed as hell because my abs were going away. the only way i feel to overcome that is to set yourself a goal. without goals we have nothing to work for, which will cause us to get off track. i suggest to everyone that does not have a goal right now to set one and strive for it. best of luck to everyone.

rleeson sorry that this is off topic but how do u like st. augustine, me and my family go down there for vacation for two weeks every summer, and i wish i could stay there. thanks again for the support.

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man, it is really cool to be getting so much feedback from fello bros out there experiencing the same things that I and everyone else is going through. Everything that everyone is saying is right on the money. I truely believe that weightlifting, excercising, bodybuilding, etc..., should be done because you look forward to it and enjoy it, not because you HAVE to do it or you let yourself down. I know that I am starting to head down the same path that I did last summer because lately, I am going to the gym because I know I HAVE to. Not because I enjoy it. That is where the problem starts.

I think you are right, BigRig. I think my calories are too low. It is funny, you listen to all this advice from bodybuilders on boards and everything like,"Oh, to cut you HAVE to multiply your bodyweight by 10, do cardio 6 days a week, etc..." when you should be telling yourself, ha, listen to your body. Everyone's body is not the same.

Another thing that is bothering me is that my once a week "cheat meals" are getting bigger and bigger and I find myself out of control. Had one last night. It was a duzzy. Feel bloated as hell this morning, but mentally refreshed. The funny thing is that I am returning to my normal weight after about two days after my cheat meal which tells me that I am really underfeeding my body. It use to take 3-4 days to return to my normal weight after I pigged out like I did last night. If I don't start doing something soon, I will be in the same place I was last August which is a sickening thought.

Keep all those good posts coming fellas. They really help. At least this time around I have somewhere I can go to before it gets out of control. Good luck!! And remember, when all else fails, duct tape over the mouth works wonders! J/K!

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Duct tape can fix anything!!

Seriously though, Fitforlife you are probably at a good weight for maintaining. Try to stabilize your calories so that your bodyweight is stable and you will not feel the need to overdo it so much during your weekly refeeds.

Remember, competitive bodybuilders do NOT stay at 5-6% bodyfat all year long. Most of the pics you see in the bodybuilding rags have been taken in the days or weeks leading up to major shows (or immediately following the shows). These pics tend to distort a persons perception and mislead us into thinking these guys look like that all the time. This is simply not true as it is very hard on the body (unless one is a naturally lean person all the time anyways) to maintain extremely low bodyfat levels for an extended period of time.

Moderation is key in all things, including what you perceive as being your ideal physique. Stay realistic, and you will have a much easier time staying sane!
    Enjoy the journey!

persevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eat disorders

hey guys i hope everyone is doing ok, just read big rig's comment, i totally agree with u man. about the bodybuilders and about moderation and the biggest thing of all is that everyone has to do what is best for THEIR body not what others on internet forums, mags, tv etc. them you.
    I find the best way to do this is by asking the same questions or searching for the same answers from differenet sources, compiling all your answers and figuring out which one seems best for you. Give it a shot for a while and if you dont like it or it seems like it's not working then switch soemthing up!
    Like i had my diet at about 3400cals with 50:30:20 (c:f) but i've just been gaining a bit to much fat on this diet, so i adjusted it down to 3000cals w/ 45:35:20 ratio. I'm gonna see how it works but I already feel better with less of a sluggishness feeling in my face, and my abdominals are looking better.
    I havent binged in a couple weeks and am feeling pretty good but i aint gonna be cocky or overproud of myself cause i know like some of you said that when you least expect, it just hits you.

later
    "Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated"- gnc

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    GREAT JOB perserve! My hat is off to you for having the courage to up your caloric intake and adjust it according to how your body feels, rather then being a dumb a** like me and trying to cheat my body. Keep up the good work!

persevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eat disorders

thanks bro, ya i actually lowered my cal intake and just changed up the ratios. i think the best thing to do is just keep track of the calories you eat every meal and every day and see how you look and feel in a couple weeks and see what the scale and body fat calipers do for you. Also by keeping track of your calories, you know exactly how much more you can eat for the day and are not left guessing at dinner if you should have carbswith the meal or not, or have some more protein or just leave it. And if you snack on soemthing or overeat a tiny bit in a meal you can always deduct those calories off your dinner meal or soemthing like that.
    since i started calc'ing my calories again after a few month lay off of being lazy and just guessing i feel so much more organized and relaxed knowing that i know how much i've taken in and how much more i need so im not under or over eating.

good luck to everyone else
    "Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated"- gnc

OFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was following a keto diet, then I binged for three days.
    Now I'm jumping back on that old horse again, and getting back on the keto diet, so I have to go through the headaches, no energy, feel like crap thing again.
    I think I just found my motivation not to do the 3-day binge again.

ahoodlum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been reading this thread for a while as I have (well, let's speak more positively about this...'I HAD') a binging problem. It was most likely due to, like a lot of you here, from underfeeding and overtraining.

FFF mentioned this earlier and I don't think it can be stressed enough. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! You may be on a 3 on / 1 off split but if on day 3 you feel totally trashed and run down, just take the day off and start your split again the next day. Fitness is something for life and if you shift your split this way or that as you go along are you REALLY going to be 62 and saying to yourself '****...remember when I was 20 and I took that rest day a day early...now look at me...?'

And another thing that I have been learning about and noticing in myself. This has helped me understand more what is going on with my body when I feel a binge coming on. Now I don't claim to be an expert in ANY sense but this is what I have learned. When you work out your cortisol levels start rising...we all know this. The same is also true when you get stressed out and when you are tired. Soooo, a combination of working out, having a long day, and life getting a bit stressful (tax season blows) can really cause your cortisol levels to start stacking up like a big nasty brick wall. Personally, I guess I have had a past of eating to cope (but does this really do anything?). It's really tough for me but I try to force myself to crawl in to bed and 'sleep off' the cortisol.

It's tough when you have a crap load of work to do and its getting late at night but I try to listen to my body and do what will be best in the long run. When I am successful at getting to bed, I feel like a million bucks when I get up and I am refreshed to start again and start attacking my workload.

So just once, give this a try. If you feel a binge coming on late at night, try an experiment. Go to bed. You'll 1) not be binging, 2) be building/reparing muscle, 3) lowering your cortisol levels, 4) need I go on?

Ok, well this is far too long as it is and now I feel like I am rambling but I just wanted to throw my two cents in to a thread that has helped me a great deal. Best of luck folks.

ahoodlum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One more thing. As for 'cheat meals/days' I haven't really had a true blue one in while. It's not like I am shying away from them, but when I get in a weight loss / exercise / nutrition groove I don't really want to stop. So, if I feel like having one or if I feel like I need one, I do. But then I am careful not to have another for at least a week.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by OFF
    I was following a keto diet, then I binged for three days.
    Now I'm jumping back on that old horse again, and getting back on the keto diet, so I have to go through the headaches, no energy, feel like crap thing again.
    I think I just found my motivation not to do the 3-day binge again.
    A major complaint I hear from people on keto is I crave carbs and I binge... Binging is not good for you and if you are having craving it's because your body is trying to tell you something.

There are other eating plans that may work as well it not better for your body... your system may not like keto in the same way some people can't tolerate dairy and milk product... Before the Keto nazis jump me I'm not saying keto is bad just the it's not the only way to lose fat and for some people other plans maybe more effective... If you can't stay on a program there's no way it's going to work. It's just like your workup program, It could be the absolute best but, if you don't follow it, it's worthless...

Rob--

migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

I hadn't been at the gym for a week or so. Last night , i couldn't stay at home , i wanted to lift so i went. I did a very heavy and exhausting workout. I had a lot of energy and i had plenty of strenght as i wasn't tired. I did chest/biceps and 45 minutes of cardio. The pumps where great and i felt even better after the workout. I came back home so i can rest, ate my workout meal which was 2 sandwiches with whole wheat bread, ff cottage cheese, chicken , tomatoes and green veggies. After an hour or so i was feeling hungry as hell. I told myself that i have to show dicipline and not indulge into a second meal which i knew it would be a binge. So i managed to stay away from the fridge , i just drunk a diet coke and later i went to bed.

I woke up too damn hungry. I quickly ran to the fridge and i grabbed an apple. This blinded my hunger for a while so as my breakfast wouldn't be a binge. Indeed i had some oats, some protein ,another apple and some cottage cheese. 4 hours later , i was hungry again, but i was also feeling extremely tired and sore from the last night's workout. I was afraid that a binge was coming.I decided to eat some more fat so that it would take longer to digest. I ate a big tuna-salad with olive oil and some multigrain bread. I thought i was ok for a at least 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately after an hour and a half i was hungry again, or i thought i was at least. The main feeling was not hunger, it was the feeling of overtraining and being sore. So i ate a cup of cottage cheese with sliced tomatoes and some krisp bread. Note that i was also drinking a lot of water, coffee, diet drinks throughout the day. Unfortunately i had to study today so i was at home all day. 4 hours after the last meal , i got hungry again but this time i was also sad and afraid because i thought i had been eating too much already for the day. So i opened the fridge and i'm sure you know how the story goes. I binged again after 6 days "clean". Fortunately i didn't have any fatty foods into the fridge but the calories added up , i 'm sure. I can count up to 150 gr protein, 400gr carbs , 20-30 gr fat in less than 15 minutes!!!

I am feeling kind of better as i feel pumped up from all these sugars , but i am also bloated. I will take some diuretics as i can't stand to be like this. Maybe later i 'll go to the gym to burn some calories but i am tired and sore as hell. I will be worse tomorrow if i go again. Damn... i blew it again

Migko, don't threat my friend. You have come a long way. 6 days without a binge is a good start. I think what happened was that you overdid it at the gym. It is really hard to get back into working out after overtraining due to the fact that your body has been conditioned to take sooo much and when you don't push yourself hard, you feel like you didn't even workout. Get back into it SLOW! Even if your body FEELS like you can push it further. Shoot, I look around at the gym sometimes at some of these guys that don't even seem to hardly push themselves at all. But maybe they have a better outlook on it than I do. I find a lot of times after a really hard workout is I can't tell if I am hungry, or just tired. Usually it is just tired. But sometimes it is difficult to tell. Stay with it and don't give up. This time around, go for seven days of being binge free. Like I said before, these first 2 weeks of being on the wagon are a B****. Once you get past them, it gets easier. I promise.

migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) migko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So much about "shooting for a week binge free" . I woke up an did it again . Second day in a row. I think i am getting through a crisis again. It is that you can't predict when it is going to hit you. Anyway i think it was one of the worst binges i ever had and i wasn't even hungry. Actually i had an upset stomach from yesterdays binge. I think i need help(proffesional) but i don't know where to go . Anybody got an idea?

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by migko
    So much about "shooting for a week binge free" . I woke up an did it again . Second day in a row. I think i am getting through a crisis again. It is that you can't predict when it is going to hit you. Anyway i think it was one of the worst binges i ever had and i wasn't even hungry. Actually i had an upset stomach from yesterdays binge. I think i need help(proffesional) but i don't know where to go . Anybody got an idea?
    Are you guys binging from Keto? what dose your eating plan look like? I use to binge but I haven't for over 6 months now... I'd be interested in comparing notes...

Rob--

Migko, I feel your pain. I was EXACTLY in the same place you were about 6 months ago. It got so bad that I was binging throughout the whole day! I new if I didn't do something soon, I was going to literally eat myself to death!

I know this sounds bad, but you HAVE to put your foot down. That is what I did. I just said NO! And like I said before, the first two weeks I wanted to DIE! All I wanted to do was eat. It became a stress reliever to me. I would eat, just like you said, even when I wasn't hungry. Food has become a tention reliever for you. Now, you have to find something to replace food with. Also, I think you are suffering from depression. I know that I was when I was at my lowest.

Before you seek professional help, I want you to try a few things for me. First, go out and get you some St. John's Wart. For me, this stuff has REALLY helped. I started taking it last week and this week has been good. It works as an anti-depressant. It helps your mood. I literally find myself tapping my fingers at my desk and laughing a little more lately. It is pretty cheap. WHen I feel a binge coming on, I take two pills and feel better. You can order it from this website for like $6 I think. Second, I want you to come to this website EVERYDAY and tell us what is going on. Knowing that I had to face up to telling everyone I caved really helped me through this. Look back at the start of this thread and you will catch me at some of my low points. We are your accountability group. You WILL beat this. Today is the start of a brand new day. You will not fail again. I want you to repeat this. You will not cave again. I will be expecting an update everyday.

Good luck and I will be expecting your first post tomorrow. Tomorrow, you can say you made it one day without binging. YOu can do it. Hell, you have taken your body to extremes by torturing it. Now, all you have to do is find that dedication again and use it towards binging.

Hey rleeson read my first post in this thread a couple of pages before and you will find out what my eating patterns were-are.

Fitforlife, i think you are one of the very few that actually know what i am going through. And this is because you have been through the same.

Ok today i binged all day long. As you said ... ENOUGH!!! I am so tired from all this that i don't know what it will happen. I agree with you . I must be suffering from depression. I am trying to replace feelings with food and this has to stop.

As for your advice, i will follow it, i must try everything to get out of this vicious cycle.But i have some questions for you. About the St. John's Wort that is. After some quick research on this supplement i found out that it has some warnings. While on it i shouldn't be tanning, eat meat, cheese and red wine. Generally food and liquid that contain tyramine. I mean , i eat those things. Are you restricting yourself of this food now that you are taking it?

I will come here every night (Greece time) and hopefully i will be able to tell you that i was binge free for the day.As for your earlier posts, be sure that i have read all of them carefully and i related to each one of these.

That is the attitude. That is what finally happened to me. I finally had to say ENOUGH! Food is not going to dictate my life. Good for you!

Those warnings pertaining to St. John's Wart are new to me. I eat cheese and meat EVERYDAY. I wouldn't worry about it. My bottle has no such warnings on those items.

I will be waiting for your post tomorrow! Good luck!

OFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm there with you guys. I binged for three days this weekend, hungry or not, didn't matter. Sun night I had stomach cramps and was sick. Monday got back on it again. 4 good days now and I just got done with my turkey breast and cheese, and I feel pretty good, but 4 days is usually about my limit. I have to make sure and stay active, If I get bored it'll be food time.

Listen to Fit on the depression thought. My eating is very emotional. My personal life is so-so, I feel old and fat, and my boss is a dickhead, so it's not hard for me to get launched into a depressed state. When that happens, the first thing I do is hit the kitchen.....I love to cook and love food. I've cleaned up the food I binge on, but it's still a binge.

I took St. John's Wort for awhile (I've graduated to the prescription stuff), and it does work, but not overnight. It can take 20-30 days to build up in your system until it gets to full strength, so give it time. It works on the same science that Prozac does, as far as equalizing some out of balance brain chemicals, but it is not nearly as strong. I wouldn't worry about the meat and cheese warnings either. That's most of what I eat.
    I'm from Wisconsin, we got more cows and cheese and meat than you could believe.

You can do it, I'll try to do it with you.

Sorry to hear about your weekend, OFF. Yea, I am in the same boat. I am ok when I stay busy, but when work slows down or I have nothing to do, food is on the brain non-stop. And what you said about 4 days is the same with me. Usually, about four days after my weekly cheat meal (like TODAY), I start getting the munchies. Like right now, I really am feeling the need for some peanut butter. But I think I will be ok. I am busy with some stuff so that helps.

I think that OFF has a terrific idea. Why don't you (OFF) and Migko tag team this thing and be binge-free partners? That way you could hold each other accountable. Just a thought.

Hang in there bros. Just remember how sh*** you feel after a binge. That works for me, sometimes.

As promised , i post to report my progress. All day went fine except for all the bloating from the previous days.Didn't have the erge to binge and this makes me feel good. Anyway , difficult times will come and i have to be strong.

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone. Keep up the fight. I know it is hard, but one day, everything will click and you will find it much easier to carry on with the health and fitness lifestyle. The key is moderation. Adopt a moderated approach and you will reap the rewards both physically and mentally. This is the most moderate diet I have ever been on, and I have never acheived this combination of results and happiness at any other time in my life.

Another key is to not obsess about bodybuilding. In the past, when I would diet, all I ever thought about was bodybuilding. This obsessive tendency inevitably led to burnout in a short period of time. I have since dropped the obsession, and now bodybuilding is a positive force in my life. I now look forward to my workouts and my meals (instead of dreading both like in the past). Knowing your mental and physical limitations is half the battle.

As for a progress update, I have finally busted under the 230 mark for the first time in a while. Weighed in at 229 on Saturday morning. I know now that I will never see the "other side" of 230 again.

Trust me guys, things will get better. Just 8 weeks ago, I was at my all-time lowest mentally, and my all-time highest bodyweight. Now I feel like I have rediscovered what a "normal" life is all about. And it feels good. To not obsess about food and training is something I could not even remember until recently. Keep your head up, never give up hope, and you can turn the corner to a better life.
    Enjoy the journey!

Excellent news BigRig! That is AWESOME that you are doing so well. You really sound like you have a good handle on your binge eating. Shoot, you sound like you have kicked it in the but and that it doesn't even phase you anymore. Finding that "balance" I think is key. I know what you mean about "obsessing" about weightlifting. I am sad to say that I still do obsess about it still. I don't dread my workouts as much as I did before, but I do dread eating. Maybe I just need to find that "zone" that you are in. Keep up the good work my man. Keep us posted.

MIGKO, where are you my man!? PROGRESS REPORT TIME!!!!

vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgp100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not too sure if this is that appropriate, but I know how easy it can be to try to make extreme changes to your diet. Growing up through high school, I was really skinny. I was 6'1 and probably 150 lbs. It sucked to go to gym class or to do anything physical--I was a good athlete, but people made me feel small and weak.
    My Junior year in college I decided to work out and eat to change myself.
    The point is it's equally hard to be way underweight as it is to be overweight.

bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya know I'm reading these posts and it's nice to know men binge too. Kinda ironic as I'm 18 weeks out from a show I've been wanting for 5 yrs and I went to Braum's Ice cream store and I'm home alone stuffing my face full of PB cup ice cream!! My boyfriend is gone and I always binge in hiding. I always confess to someone but still it doesn't make it right. Like FitforLife said I want to combat this and just eat healthy and maybe a few cheats in moderation. I'm an all or nothing gal when it comes to bodybuilding and I have let myself get too heavy. I'm glad to know I'm not alone even know no one I know understands and they laugh it off because I'm not overweight.

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We all have weak moments. No single one of us is perfect. It's just a matter of recovering from those moments of weakness. Chow down, move on, fix it in the gym and with the remains of your diet.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the worst pig out weekend in a while. The ice cream was just the icing on the cake. Sunday night I ate 8 frozen waffles with syrup whipped cream and blueberries!! I have decided either I'll succeed in this contest or die trying(not really). Just like Arnold said in Pumping Iron, cutting off the emotional ties to everything while you're getting ready for a contest. I took my aggression out on my boyfriend, of course he didn't mind. I want to be Ms. Missouri and no food temptation will stop me!!

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a firm believer that an occasional pig out is good for you. Not just a "cheat day" but once every few months, just going crazy and eating everything in sight that has gravy, a chocolate coating or icing of some sort.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

Bufchk, sorry to hear about your binge this weekend. I know how you feel though. I, too, had a 4 day eating stint that went from Thurs. - Sunday! I ate everything in site. I have figured out that the main cause of my binging and overeating is overtraining and restriciting calories too long (DUH!?). I have started a brand new eating regime and workout. So far, it is working well. Also, I have learned that once I start getting bored in the weight room, I start eating more. So, I am going to start trying new things in the gym to keep it fresh and interresting. I am definetly a creature of habit and I am sure that has contributed to my binging. But, if you fall of the horse, get back on it. But, try to figure out why you fell off in the first place.

Oh, I forgot to mention that during the binging marathon last week, I took those days off from the gym as well. Even though I was physically sluggish from all the calories yesterday, mentally I felt GREAT! Try taking a break once in a while. All I did was sleep (and eat). The rest really helped. Hope everyone else is doing well out there. MIGKO, WHERE ARE YOU MAN!!!!???? I am starting to worry.

Haven't posted for a while. I didn't have the courage to come here and post. I know that you wouldn't flame but i just couldn't come here and say "i binged again and again and again...".

I think i am getting into deep depression and i have no idea what to do. I eat clean for 3-4 days and then for a meal or 2 i destroy everything. Those are not cheat meals , those are cheat days squeezed into single meals.

I just finished some (a lot of) chocolate that came after a huge binge. I am really worried because i find silly excuses for not seeing my friends and not going out because i am all bloated and i don't want them to see me like that. Especially there is this girl that i love , we were together in the past, she literally begs me to go out but i can't see her now, this is just not a good time. Damn...i really want her back also.

The only thing that makes me feel ok is working out. All the other times, only food is on my mind. And this affects everything, college studies, relationships, friendships...etc And this is because i am strong and big and the other guys look up to me. If only they knew...

Nothing else seems to make me happy, i try to buy things (like women do) just to feel refreshed but this only lasts for a few hours. Then back to the same... Yesterday drugs came across my mind. I know i shouldn't even think about it , but i remember that when i was on steroids at least i was feeling good or at least i had this "fake" feeling.

I may be in a difficult situation but i still have the ability to try to prevent the younger from getting into the same trouble. So when they ask me about drugs, supplements, diets, routines etc. i always tell them the same thing. "I can advice you about anything , but if you take it to the extremes then it is going to be bad for you. If something like bodybuilding that should be just a pleasure starts becoming your one and only interest, while you sacrifice a lot of life pleasures for bodybuilding(including diet) purposes and you set yourself in danger by taking various substances just to be bigger and stronger then it is time to re-evaluate your goals, what makes you happy and to try to predict where does it taking you."

Migko, while I am happy to hear from you, I feel for you buddy. I know exactly what you are going through right now because I have fallen off the horse BIG TIME for a week. For the past week, I have pretty much binged all day, every day. I know what you mean when you say it is the only thing that makes you happy. When I try to stick to a diet (not even a strict one) I really get depressed. When I eat, although I feel guilty and discusted with myself, my temperment is better.

I have started a new workout routine that is pretty much based on a bulking diet (ha, at least I can use all this food to build some muscle) I am right now trying to ride this wave out by just eating smaller portions (no matter what it is) without BINGING. Kind of like BigRig has suggested. Not eating like a bodybuilder, but just what I want. Just keeping the portions under control. That is better than eating a LOT of bad things. Hopefully by next Monday it will have died off and the need will not be there.

I think I have figured out what really pushes me into binging. During the week, I want to binge, bad. On the weekends, I still want to binge, but the phsycological NEED to binge is not there. I figured out that I am just bored with my job and would rather not be here. The place that I am at is cool, but what I do is SOOO BORING! Anyway, I am trying to find new ways to make it more interesting.

Hang in there Migko. I think it is time you started looking into some professional help.