Closed Thread
Page 3 of 331 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry to hear about your slump Del. Yea, I can definitely relate. My wife has been a great supporter, but when we go out or something or wants to make me dinner, she doesn't really get it. I get really scared when I go somewhere to eat or have her cook because I don't know the exact calorie value of what I am eating. Plus, I am afraid I will go overboard and eat too much, which causes me to undereat. That is why I am comforatble eating the same thing day in and day out not because I necessarily enjoy it (man, has tuna and eggs gotten old), but I know what I am eating and am not afraid of it. She comes back at me saying,"Oh, just don't overdue it". I simply tell her that she doesn't understand.

I am really starting to worry with it being the time of the year that it is. Yesterday, my company had their annual "Thanksgiving Day feast" where everyone brings something in. It is more like a buffet. There was MOUNTAINS of food and deserts in the cafeteria. I was so scared I didn't even go down there. But, it got me thinking. I now have to face my families Thanksgiving Day dinner, my little girl's TWO birthday parties, my company's one week of bringing in goodies EVERY day close to Christmas, and COUNTLESS Christmas parties and dinners. What am I going to do? How much am I going to be able to hold back? Needless to say I am down in the dumps today. (Forgot to mention that my little girl has been battling a cold AND ear infection this week and have not gotten a lot of sleep)

On a positive note though, my weekly weigh in this morning showed another 2.5lbs weightloss for the past week. My total now is 12.5 pounds in 5 weeks. Still not enough to improve my disposition though.

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep your head up Fitforlife. You have done excellent thus far and I am sure you will continue to do so. Remember, it is progress that is important, not perfection. It's OK to relax a little sometimes. Although you say you hesitate to eat out because you don't know the calorie content, I would say the bigger fear is the fear that eating great tasting food will cause you to overeat. Being as involved in bodybuilding and nutrition as you are, I am sure that you can guess the portion size and calorie content of most foods with fairly good accuracy. So I doubt the lack of calorie counting is causing your fear.

I too have this fear of good-tasting food. I became so used to eating semi-dry chicken breasts, tuna, plain rice, etc. while dieting, that it now seems like good-tasting foods cannot possibly be good for me. This causes a lack of creativity when cooking healthy meals, and makes for a very boring and monotonous menu. This notion obviously is ridiculous.

First of all, no one can stick to such a restricted menu forever. Eventually, most fall off the wagon of such restricted eating, only to find it very hard to get back on. Secondly, eating the same foods over and over will "ruin" those foods for you. I can personally attest to this. Although I know chicken is a great bodybuilding food, and when prepared properly can be very tasty, I will usually not eat it unless I am dieting. Same thing for all the other foods I mentioned previously. In fact, it seems like I am normally eating either ALL unhealthy bad foods, and no healthy stuff. Or vice-versa. I find it difficult to meet a happy medium.

This is why it is extremely important to learn to implement "forbidden" foods into your menu. In fact, all binge-eating self-help books that I have read include this as a step in the program to eliminate binge-eating. As far as Thanksgiving and similar holidays go, these are generally excellent times for healthy eating. Take your plate and pile on a good portion of turkey breast, a small portion of yams, dumplings, or rice caserole, and a hearty portion of green beans, collard greens, or some other fibrous veggie. When finished, enjoy a small piece of your favorite dessert and spend some quality time with your loved ones.

Sounds easy enough when I put it that way huh? I know in reality it is not that easy when you have the "binging" mentality, but that's what we are here for ultimately isn't it? To overcome the "binging" mentality.

On another topic, you sound like you have had excellent results so far with your dieting. What exactly are you doing (40/40/20, keto, etc.), how many meals per day, and are you doing cardio?
    Enjoy the journey!

BRTStark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After doing my first body building show I gained 50lbs in five weeks. At first it was alot of water that would have gone away by itself but it made me feel really bad which made me eat. I eat more junk food in those five weeks of my life then I ever had. I tried to go back on the deit that I was on preparing for the show but the amazing will power that I had was all gone. I would wake up in the morning and my face would be huge and full of water weight. A lot of the people that I met when I was dieting had no idea who I was after I gained the weight.

After about six months I got back to normal and decided that I should stop trying to lose weight and try to gain muscle so I wrote myself a gaining diet and found that even though it was full of complex carbs and clean protiens that it was very easy to follow. I currently weigh 10 pounds more then I did before started dieting for the show and I have more definition. I think my body was happy to get back to normal. I never thought that I would want to train again, do another show, or that I would feel comfortable with out a shirt on, but as time went by things started to pull together. Now I am very happy with my strength gains and I am very comfortable with the way I look.

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    BigRig, you are so right. Sometimes, if I am not feeling hungry, then I think that I am eating too much. I know that it sounds redicuous, but that is the spell that I have fallen under that I really need to break.

To answer your question, I pretty much stick to a 40/40/20 diet. I have tried keto before, but couldn't make it work. I am not a big fan of keto either because I have heard a number of people say they just put the weight right back on once they started introducing carbs back into their diet. To me, I want a diet that will help me drop a few pounds that I don't have to really alter my eating habits too much. The 40/40/20 plan has yielded good results in the past and is doing its job this time.

Yea, I was really down in the dumps on Friday. This weekend went pretty good. Actually went out to eat with the wifey and got a grilled chicken salad with low fat dressing. It was a little tough to watch my wife eat that free bread and a bowl of crab bisque, but I was able to deal with it. Had my cheat day yesterday and kept it pretty much under control except for one condiment (DURN YOU PEANUT BUTTER) I have come up with a new approach to keeping me from binging. Just telling myself that it is simply food. Yea, it will feel good to eat all of that stuff, but it will be short lived. Are you willing to trade 30 minutes of pleasure for hours of future torturing and depression? That seems to help me rationalize the situation and decision not to indulge.

As far as the holidays go, I am already preparing myself for Thanksgiving. I am telling myself "one plate, a large helping of turkey breast, a moderate helping of green vegetables, and a small helping of a caserole. EAT SLOW!! NO DESSERT NO MATTER WHAT!!" Good luck to the rest of you. I think Thansgiving for us is the ultimate test.

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know exactly what you are talking about Fit when you say you tell yourself it is just food. In 1999 I began dieting for a bodybuilding show. I weighed 218 at the time and ended up getting down to a fairly lean 190 (lean for me was around 10-11% bodyfat) before I ended up quitting. But during the dieting process, I would also have one cheat day per week, similar to the way you are doing it now. I remember going throughout the week just focusing on the cheat day, how much I couldn't wait til the day arrived, how good the food would be, what I was going to chow down on, etc.

One week in particular I craved an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at one of the restaurants in this area. I'm telling you, I obsessed about this all week long. When the day finally came, and I went to the place to eat, it really turned out to be not that great. After all, it was only food, just like anything we eat. In the end, when your stomach is full, you feel satisfied regardless of the source of the calories. But the guilt of eating the bad stuff stays with you.
    Enjoy the journey!

Originally posted by BigRig
    I know exactly what you are talking about Fit when you say you tell yourself it is just food. In 1999 I began dieting for a bodybuilding show. I weighed 218 at the time and ended up getting down to a fairly lean 190 (lean for me was around 10-11% bodyfat) before I ended up quitting. But during the dieting process, I would also have one cheat day per week, similar to the way you are doing it now. I remember going throughout the week just focusing on the cheat day, how much I couldn't wait til the day arrived, how good the food would be, what I was going to chow down on, etc.

One week in particular I craved an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at one of the restaurants in this area. I'm telling you, I obsessed about this all week long. When the day finally came, and I went to the place to eat, it really turned out to be not that great. After all, it was only food, just like anything we eat. In the end, when your stomach is full, you feel satisfied regardless of the source of the calories. But the guilt of eating the bad stuff stays with you.
    Man, is that not the truth. You just described every week that I go through. It is like all I am living for is my cheat day. And then, when I eat all the stuff I have been craving, sitting back with a full, fat belly, I think to myself, "man, is that all I was looking forward to the whole week? It isn't worth it." My past few cheat days have been pretty good. I usually do good throughout the whole day, just eating small portions of the foods I have been craving. Then around 5-6 at night, I make myself one BIG ice cream sunday, with ALL the fixins. I would say that sunday packs about 2-3,000 calories. It is soooooo good, but then the next day (today) I fill dead. It really is getting to the point that cheat day is not worth it.

I would still warn against cutting it out altogether. It does seem to provide the motivation to get through the rest of the week.
    Enjoy the journey!

Yea, I don't see me cutting it out. I just wish that I would cheat with "clean" foods rather than the ice cream and peanut butter. I am getting better at it though. It use to be an all day affair. Now, I only allow that one sunday and keep the rest of the day clean, just more than I would normally eat.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by fitforlife
    I just wish that I would cheat with "clean" foods rather than the ice cream and peanut butter.
    That's what I do.

There are some protein powders that taste as good as ice cream and other "bad stuff".

Take a protein blend you like, blend it with milk, and whatever clean ingredients you want, add some xanthan gum to thicken it up, then pour it in a bowl and stick it in the freezer for half an hour or so.

You get the soft ice cream consistency and great taste. It's almost a treat for me - they keep me sane.

(good proteins for that are I****trix and Biotest Grow)
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Trust me, if you can gain any control of it during your cheat day you are doing fine. With me, it was an all day, eat anything I see binge-a-thon. And though I wanted to gain some control and intended to several different times as my contest preparation advanced, I never did. It was always the same. And it really worked like I said in an earlier post, I ate no "bodybuilding" foods during my cheat day. If I ate it during the week, there is no way I was going to eat it on Sunday. Again, I keep coming back to it, focus on the progress, not perfection, and you will do just fine.
    Enjoy the journey!

Originally posted by RippedUp
    That's what I do.

There are some protein powders that taste as good as ice cream and other "bad stuff".

Take a protein blend you like, blend it with milk, and whatever clean ingredients you want, add some xanthan gum to thicken it up, then pour it in a bowl and stick it in the freezer for half an hour or so.

You get the soft ice cream consistency and great taste. It's almost a treat for me - they keep me sane.

(good proteins for that are I****trix and Biotest Grow)
    That is a good suggestion. I think I found something even better than that last night. At the end of my cheat day, right before bed I will mix 2 cups of skim milk with a scoop of protien powder. Well, last night I found some white chocolote sugar free jello in the pantry. Just for kicks, I poured some in my shaker bottle and mixed it in. That was the most delicious protien shake I have ever tasted. It was almost as good as a chocolate shake from like BK or McDonalds. And it was healthy too! So I am going to make me a couple of those next Sunday and see if that won't kill the old sweet tooth. I am already looking forward to them. Any more healthy endulgences that you or anyone might have are welcome.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

I am gaining right now for a show in August. I only take one meal a week to eat normal. The rest of the week I do not crave anything because I am so full of brown rice and chicken. I find that eating a lot of healthy foods keeps me satisfied and stops me from gaining too much fat while still gaining muscle. Even though I am not losing weight it still feels good to know that I am healthy and it is very easy.

Originally posted by BRTStark
    I am gaining right now for a show in August. I only take one meal a week to eat normal. The rest of the week I do not crave anything because I am so full of brown rice and chicken. I find that eating a lot of healthy foods keeps me satisfied and stops me from gaining too much fat while still gaining muscle. Even though I am not losing weight it still feels good to know that I am healthy and it is very easy.
    It sounds like you are keeping things in perspective. However, just be careful. A lot of guys that have a disorder start off having a great nutrition plan and workout regime, but they start pushing themselves harder and further as time goes on to look extra good. You can reach perfection, and then want more. Trust me, before I hit rock bottom, I was in the shape of my life. But I kept on pushing it harder and harder till I couldn't go anywhere but down. That is where my problems began. Good luck with your show. Just remember to keep things in perspective.

That you for the sound advice. One thing that always keep me going is having priorities that are higher on the list then my progress in the gym (family). Once again thank you.

Y2Karl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Stark, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said about filling your mind with higher priorities other than progress in the gym. I always seem to be doing better in my diet and progress when my life is full of other things such as school and family. Good job guys
    Peace
    Karl

Well, it is the day before the most glutanous day of the year. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving (duh!)! I have been siking myself up all week for tomorrow. Not because I am looking forward to pigging out, but because I just want to keep things under control. Tomorrow I am going to wake up and go for a good 5 mile run. (Running always seems to tame my desire to pig out.) Then, I will keep on my diet until we head over to my wife's parents house for a 4:00 feast. I will be taking a dose of Hydroxycutt at 2:00 so the hydroxy acid will have time to kill my appetite before 4. I am determined to only have one plate of food which consists of mostly turkey and vegetables. I think that I can pull it off.

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you tomorrow. Just remember, you control food, food does not control you. I will be looking for some good posts of self control on Friday. Stay safe traveling and Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone have any answers to help?

I'm glad we got this sticky started. Here's my problem. I have had an eating disorder for about 10 years-(anorexia). I've survived on about 1200 cals a day or so. My goal is to compete in fitness/figure one day but obviously I need to gain weight. I work out but never can make any lean muscle gains which is what I want. I want to put on weight--I want to gain muscle and yes I know put on fat too. Currently I'm 5'4, 100 lbs, 10% bodyfat. I know tons about nutrition- went to school for it--and I know how to eat smart but the fear I have is with starving for so long my metabolism is slowed. I've heard and read that when you starve and start eating again you gain weight quickly and it's mostly fat.
    That worries me, I mean if I get my calories up to where they should be to gain weight/muscle am I doomed to put on tons of fat? I know working out and training hard will help me put size on but with a slow metabolism am I doomed to gain too much fat? I really want to put on more muscle and I have a good foundation knowledge of how to train and eat right but are my fears unwarranted or if I do it right do you guys think I'll be ok?
    I just would really appreciate your opinions on this.

Sarah,

Glad to hear you have overcome the disorder.

You are right. After being so low on calories, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism becomes that of a 1 year old baby.

What you need to do is gradually increase your calorie intake until you are satisfied with your rate of weight gain.
    Increasing your daily calories by 200 would be a good start.

Strive for a minimum of 130g of protein per day and spread your food intake over 5-6 meals in order to stimulate your metabolism.

You might gain a few lbs quickly the first few days; this will be due to refilling glycogen stores, which are probably depleted. Don't worry about those.

Eat some fat; this might be another psychological barrier to overcome, but you need the essentials fats for proper hormonal fction and metabolism optimization.
    Good fats are, crushed flax seeds, flax seed oil, fish oils, nuts, olive oil etc. But I guess you know that.

I don't know whether you did a lot of cardio in the past. If you did, keep doing it, but much less frequently (1-2 short sessions/week). This will help stimulate your metabolism.

Keep asking for advice if you need anything & good luck.

Keep us updated.
    Last edited by RippedUp; 11-30-2002 at 10:32 PM.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Can't really add much more to what RippedUp has to say. He hit the nail on the head. Just increase your calories slowly and you shouldn't have a problem.

Well, I have pretty good news to report. I made it through Thanksgiving Day without succombing (sp?) to temptation. Man was it hard though. ALL of my favorite dishes were sitting inches from my nose. I did what I initially said I would. One plat of food, lots of turkey, good serving of veggies, and small helping of caserole. My saving grace was eating about 5 stocks of celery. If it wasn't for that, I think that I would have broken down. And then while everyone was pigging out on my grandmothers famous chocolate pie, I grabbed the nut platter, shelled and ate me some almonds. And it paid off because I weighed in Friday and I am now 16 lbs lighter than I was 6 weeks ago.

The downside is that I kind of went overboard on my cheat day yesterday. I really overdid it. I think it was a result of resisting so much temptation this week. But, they don't call it cheat day for nothing. But, my glycogen stores are filled back up (if not overflowing) and I am ready for another week and another 2-3lbs weight loss on Friday (hopefully I didn't shoot myself in my foot yesterday) I hope everyone made it through the holidays and had safe travels.

Fitforlife, it's great to hear that you made it through the Holiday without going overboard. As far as the cheat day, don't worry about it. That is what its there for, to fulfill the psychological need for tasty foods that we tend to develop, as well as the need to slightly overindulge.

I too was able to make it through without overdoing it too much. I did eat two Thanksgiving meals on Thursday (my family and then my wife's family gathering), and I ate some really fattening stuff. But my portions were small and well under control. And I made it through the entire weekend without gaining any weight. As far as long-term progress goes, I have lost about 4 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I now weigh 238.5. I hope to make it to 230 by Christmas (I haven't started cardio until today so I expect the weight loss to speed up some).

Sarah, take the good advice from RippedUp. I think 200cals per day increase is a perfect amount. And don't worry about gaining fat fast. This generally only happens if you go overboard (such as going from eating 1200cals and no fat to eating 3000cals and tons of fat). Like ripped said, you will gain some WEIGHT initially, but this will not be fat. It will be glycogen and the resulting influx of water into the muscles. Your body has been in an extremely catabolic state for a long time. It will be primed to switch into an anabolic state. In fact, many bodybuilders see some of their best gains in the weeks and months immediately following a competition. This is because they have been dieting strictly, and their bodies have become primed to soak up nutrients like a sponge. Just take it slow, keep your goals in mind, and remember to focus on progress, not perfection, and you will be fine. Good luck.
    Enjoy the journey!

OUTSTANDING Big Rig! Congrats on the weight loss. Yeah, once you add that cardio in there, that fat will melt off fast. You will make it to 230lbs by Christmas with no problem. Good job on the Thanksgiving Day meal(s) too. I have both my parents and my wifes parents in town. Thank goodness we just alternate holidays with them and only have to go to one. Yeah, as long as you keep poritions small, fattening foods won't be a problem. May actually help by throwing your body off guard.

I am shooting for 180lbs by Christmas myself. I am at 189 right now. Good luck to you bro. Like you said, progress, not perfection!

LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi folks... been gone for a while... fell at one of my jobs and cracked some ribs.. also got the flu while I was home (ohhh coughing with 2 broken ribs feels SO good) so had a couple of days when my sig other just poured diet 7 up down me cause its the only thing that would STAY down.. can feel my body craving protein now that I am healing tho... had a 4 egg 4 slices of bacon breakfast this morn and THEN had a protein shake...mmmmmmmmmmm...

can only do a little power walk on the treadmill as still kinda sore and weak and doc says NO lift yet...but am getting some flex back.. (it aint easy when you hit 49)

damn the soda I had for 2 days really tasted good tho... is hard not to go get more ... but I can feel my body recharging and sugar puts me to sleep

glad to be back...vicodin sucks as a life style LOL

Sorry to hear about your spill Ladytrex, but it is good to have you back. 2 Broken ribs? OUCH! That will put you out for a while. And that is a double whammy with the flu.

I am staying pretty healthy myself. Wish I could say the same for my 1 year old girl. She has been through 2 colds and an ear infection the past 3 weeks. So needless to say I am looking forward to a little sleep over the holidays.

Had a little problem down here with the weather last week. All that freezing rain we got knocked out power to my gym for 4 days. So I had to modify my schedule and run outside. I HATE runnin in cold weather. But, you got to do what you got to do.

My weight loss progress has stalled a little bit. I am still losing, just not as much and not as fast as I was when I started. I guess that is to be expected after 8 weeks. I did a no-no and weighed myself early this week. But, on the flip side, it showed good results. I am down to 187 from 205 in 8 weeks. That is after a pretty heafty cheat day on Sunday, so I should be around 185 by the end of the week once I work all that junk food out of my system. I am aiming for 180 by Christmas. Don't know if I am going to make it now that I am stalling. Goin to give it my all though.

LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10) LadyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanx fit...caught the edge of a dock lift... (diamond plate steel) about 7 inches under my armpit... dammmmm took about 60 seconds before I could even breath... Doc thinks I was geting the flu at that point and just got dizzy and lost my balance

ohhhh a 1 year old with an ear infection?? And 2 colds?? poor thing poor Fit-for -Life and your spouse ... think I would rather have my ribs than a sick one year old

Those nasty germs!!! It is definitely going around. My 1 year old daughter has also had a cold and an ear infection the past couple of weeks. And my wife and I both had a painful 24 hr stomach bug over the weekend. I got about 3 hours of sleep Saturday night.

Good job on the diet Fit. Whether or not you make it to 180 by Christmas, you have made some excellent progress since getting back on the wagon. I doubt I will make it to 230 by Christmas. My weight loss has been slower than expected. But as long as I continue to make progress I will be happy (as long as I can control myself on Christmas and New Years day!).

Trex, that sounds painful!! The edge of a dock lift is not very forgiving. The ribs will lose that battle every time. By the way, in your post you mentioned that you drank DIET 7-UP while you were down with your injury. There is no sugar (or calories) in Diet 7-Up, so you should not worry about drinking it. In fact, I see no problem with drinking any diet soda while dieting. What do you think Fitforlife?
    Enjoy the journey!

I don't see anything wrong with diet sodas either. I drink (3) 12oz cans of diet Dr. Pepper a day and have been losing weight great. I think that it all depends on the person though. I lot of people say that the artificial sweetner in them could create an insulin response, but I think that is a load of bull. Diet sodas keep me sane while dieting.

Sorry to hear that you might not make 230 BigRig. I don't know if I will hit my mark of 180. This is the WORST time of the year to be dieting. I know how you feel though. All next week at my company we have all been assigned a day to bring in your favorite treats for Christmas. It basically boils down to filling up a 4'x12' converence table of everything bad for you to eat. And it is ALL day. When ever you get hungry, you just pass by the table and get something to eat. And it is EVERY day next week. I am not even going to go near it. Not to mention all the parties my wife wants to drag me to. It is a nightmare. Keep your head high though. We are all facing the same challenges this month. Try not to give in.

nahh went two days without protein without anything much other than the diet pop.... no protein...just 7 up and pills for flu and pills for ribs... did I mention I hate vicodin as a life style?? lol

now am feeling much better but I think my body is compensating cause I am STARVING and having a hard time not binging... I know I am repairing bone and muscle tissue but jeeeez I could eat the paint off the house ....taking some extra glutamine hope it helps me repair quicker.

having a hard time keeping my portion size down and staying away from seconds ... am so stressed lately hard not to take an extra bite NOW cause I know that my next bite is a ways away and I will be rumbling hungry long before my next meal time..

Now I did find that if I take one tablspoon of Peanut Butter and put it in the blender with chocolate protein powder and skim... it makes a WONDERFUL shake that tastes decadant and like a Reeses PB Cup and kills sugar/junk cravings pretty well... and the oils in the natural PB help thicken shake till its oHHHHH sooo good lmao

The only advise I can offer is that the more you eat, the more your body wants. Whenever I got back on the wagon about 8 weeks ago, I was CRAVING anything and everything. It was all I could do to just not cave in. Those first two weeks were the worst of my life. After that, the cravings got a little bit better. They haven't gone away yet, but I can TOLERATE them. I would say try a thermagen to curve your hunger, but that might not help the healing process. Try to be strong. When a craving hits, go for that shake. Yea, it might push you over your daily caloric needs, but it is the better alternative to junk food and something not healthy. Good luck! We definetly know what you are going through and are not alone.

On a positive note, I would like to tell my accountability group that I weighed in this morning and am 20 pounds lighter then I was 8 weeks ago. I am at 185 with 1 1/2 weeks to go before Christmas. Don't know if I will get to 180. 5 pounds is a lot in 1 1/2 weeks, especially since I have been stalling lately and the weight isn't coming off as fast. I will have to keep my cheat day under control for the next 2 weeks to get there. (I always say that and end up going to town) Oh well.

The bad news is that I almost gave in last night, which worries me. I had the WORST craving hit me last night. I would have given my right arm for a bowl of ice cream. I think that it had something to do with my workout yesterday. I really pushed it at the gym, HARD! I went harder and longer on the treadmill then I have in a long time. I could hardly walk out of the gym yesterday. Cravings usually get bad whenever I overdue it. But, thanks to sugar free jello, I was able to ward off a binge attack, BARELY!

As I said before, I am not posting my success to brag. SInce this thread started, it has served as a accountability tool. I know that if I screw up, I will have to answer for it. Call it what you will (i.e. stupid, childish, rediculous), but it has really helped me. Thanks for all the supportive words.

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile eating disorder

It takes a lot of courage to admit that you have a problem. I think the best way to deal with your eating disorder is to let those close to you aware of your problem, this will come in handy when you are in a time of need, and there seems to be no way out. Meal plannign is definatley key, but I feel it basically comes down to will power, are you going to give up, and be defeated by this, or are you going to kick this problem. I think that this is definaltey a serious issue, and it is something to get under control, binge eating is terrible for your body, and so are some of the extras that come with it, like vomiting,dieting, and over training. Best of luck with dealing with the problem, write me and let me know how things are going.
    AOK