Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sorry to revive this post but i am trying to get into elliptical HIIT as well and there are 2 programs I am looking at - please review! The first one has more "down time" and the hiit interval is longer (i have read that HIIT interval should be min 10secdson -30/40 seconds). The second one gives minimal rest and changes it up quite a lot i think i need to really "watch the clock" when the intervals gets changed...

program 1:
    20 minutes: 2 min "rest", 1 min hiit. the resistance nad incline changes as the time increases.

Program 2:
    3 minute warm/cool
    Round 1: 20 HIIT with 10 rest X8
    Rest 1 minute
    Repeat above 2 more rounds with increasing resistance.

HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    sorry to revive this post but i am trying to get into elliptical HIIT as well and there are 2 programs I am looking at - please review! The first one has more "down time" and the hiit interval is longer (i have read that HIIT interval should be min 10secdson -30/40 seconds). The second one gives minimal rest and changes it up quite a lot i think i need to really "watch the clock" when the intervals gets changed...

program 1:
    20 minutes: 2 min "rest", 1 min hiit. the resistance nad incline changes as the time increases.

Program 2:
    3 minute warm/cool
    Round 1: 20 HIIT with 10 rest X8
    Rest 1 minute
    Repeat above 2 more rounds with increasing resistance.
    If you're going at close to 100% effort you'll likely find 30 seconds is enough. A minute would be pretty brutal if you're doing it right. What I do is 30 seconds balls out effort, rest as long as it takes to feel like I'm not gasping for air, 1.5 to 2 minutes usually, and that's enough to make me feel like throwing up sometimes.i do that around 5-7 times.

shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by HebrewHammer5 View Post
    If you're going at close to 100% effort you'll likely find 30 seconds is enough. A minute would be pretty brutal if you're doing it right. What I do is 30 seconds balls out effort, rest as long as it takes to feel like I'm not gasping for air, 1.5 to 2 minutes usually, and that's enough to make me feel like throwing up sometimes.i do that around 5-7 times.
    Do you think the program 2 is too brutal then? it seems just little less than your 30 seconds but the rest is only 10 seconds. Your plan seems to be program 1 but 30 seconds less in hiit interval and rest. For 5-7 times thats like ~20min total workout?

HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HebrewHammer5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    Do you think the program 2 is too brutal then? it seems just little less than your 30 seconds but the rest is only 10 seconds. Your plan seems to be program 1 but 30 seconds less in hiit interval and rest. For 5-7 times thats like ~20min total workout?
    Everyone's different. Try a minute, maybe you'll be fine with it. Don't overthink it bro.

HerrProfessor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not exactly HIIT, but I did 60 minutes yesterday. 30 at 8/8 average 95 spm. Then 20 minutes at 9/9 avg 100 spm. Then 10 minutes at 10/10 at avg of 110 spm. Quite a workout, for me at least.

BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000) BrockSexy is just really nice. (+1000)
    To me, HIIT is going 100% effort. There is no way you can go 100% effort on an elliptical machine, even at maximum tension. Your legs will overpower the machine. If they don't, you are one weak sauce dude, or simply don't know what 100% effort is.

fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100)
    HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is a popular workout style that combines short periods of intense exercise with periods of rest or active recovery. This type of workout has been shown to provide numerous health benefits, including improved cardiovascular fitness, increased muscle endurance, and fat loss.

An Elliptical HIIT Workout is a type of HIIT workout that specifically involves using an elliptical machine. Elliptical machines are low-impact exercise machines that mimic the motion of running, but with less stress on the joints, making them a great option for people with knee or joint issues.

During an Elliptical HIIT Workout, you perform short intervals of high-intensity exercise on the elliptical machine, followed by periods of lower intensity or active recovery. These high-intensity intervals can range from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and can be done at different resistance levels, speeds, or incline levels to challenge different muscles and energy systems.

The benefits of Elliptical HIIT Workouts include improved cardiovascular health, increased endurance, and fat loss. In addition, because the elliptical machine is low impact, it is also a great option for people who are new to exercise, older adults, or those recovering from an injury.

It is important to warm up properly before beginning any HIIT workout and to listen to your body, adjusting your intensity and taking rest breaks as needed. Hydration is also key, so be sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.