The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight and Quality Muscle?

How much weight can u gain in a month with little or no fat? How about for someone weighing 132 and 5'8". Thanks for input

Registered User Mets need Juice's Avatar
    Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mets need Juice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i actually gained 15 pounds in a month (august) and 9 days, i had a little bit of fat gained maybe 2-4% but it was really low to begin with

The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hammmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks, any other ideas

in terms of pounds per month

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Naturally? If all things in your training are in perfect harmony, I would estimate that 1 lb a week of pure lean body mass would be the most anyone could gain.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

vsx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have upped my cals to like 2500ish from 1500/1800 and Ive gained about 4ish in 3 weeks. I think its sorta ALOT, but......maybe its ok. Im 152 to start, 5'6"......I feel like im getting fat lol, but.....Im also feeing ALOT better in the gym!

If I were gaining 1lb per SOLID id be extactic! Who knows, its toooo good to be true probably!

VSX, I am thinking the same way. This is the first time ive tried to put on weight. I started at 132, 5'8". I put on 3.5 in a month. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to be putting on fat, it doesnt seem like it, but I feel really full a lot and just wanted some persepctive

vsx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, i used to be 225, fat and it took me alonggg time to start taking care of myself. im 150s consistantly for some time now but i never really ate correctly (enough) for fear of getting fat again. Ive since left that behind and decided to eat more. Now my complex is back LOL, JK.

Ima keep eating clean and see what I can do....gonna give it 3 months - if I get fattttt then, ill reconsider!

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Hammmer
    VSX, I am thinking the same way. This is the first time ive tried to put on weight. I started at 132, 5'8". I put on 3.5 in a month. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to be putting on fat, it doesnt seem like it, but I feel really full a lot and just wanted some persepctive
    Dont worry about gaining fat so much. In order to get big you are gonna have to gain a little fat at some time or another, but thats ok cus you will be gaining a lot of muscle too. Also, at 5'8'' 132lbs you are pretty skinny right now, no offense, and gaining any weight right now should be the goal. I mean I am 5'8'' 168lbs and I think I am skinny!! Basiclly, what I am saying is dont let you fear of fat limit your progress.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

diana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    Dont worry about gaining fat so much. In order to get big you are gonna have to gain a little fat at some time or another, but thats ok cus you will be gaining a lot of muscle too. Also, at 5'8'' 132lbs you are pretty skinny right now, no offense, and gaining any weight right now should be the goal. I mean I am 5'8'' 168lbs and I think I am skinny!! Basiclly, what I am saying is dont let you fear of fat limit your progress.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...53&postcount=1
    don't buy the bulking ideas before you read this!

Originally Posted by diana
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...53&postcount=1
    don't buy the bulking ideas before you read this!
    I am not saying this dude should do a straight up Lee Priest-like bulk and wind up looking like a whale. But he is only 132lbs....he needs to gain weight period. Call it a bulk, call it whatever you like, but he doesnt need to worry about a little fat considering his current weight.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Thanks, all of this has been helpful. Any suggestions in terms of days per week to train, how long each session should be, and calories, etc

Thanks, all of this has been helpful. Any suggestions in terms of days per week to train, how long each session should be, and calories, etc
    Yes.

Find a tried and tested training program that fits your goals. Here are a few good ones...

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html (great for hypertrophy aka size)

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm (great for strength and some size too)

As far as calories, read posts 3 and 4 here....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=686454
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Took me a 2 months to gain 5 lb muscle with 4000 calories daily.....

Thanks,

Any general tips on what worked for people to add weight with very little fat. Whether it be a diet tip, workout tip, anything that has worked

Thanks,

Any general tips on what worked for people to add weight with very little fat. Whether it be a diet tip, workout tip, anything that has worked
    I posted this a few times in other threads, but it should help you....

"I am a believer in this method. I like to call it "clean/perpetual" bulking.

here are some things that have worked well for me while clean bulking...

-gain weight slowly. aim to gain about .5lb a week. this way you know the weight you are gaining is muscle and not fat. my logic is that since its hard to put on any more then about .5 lb of muscle a week anyway, there is no point in bulking and gaing 1-2lbs a week. at least this has worked well for me but you have to be patient when approaching bulking this way. think of it as a constant bulk.

-eat starchy carbs(oats, brown rice,etc) around your workout(pre-wo meal, PWO shake, PWO meal) and for breakfast only. all other meals have carbs from veggies, fruit, and beans.

-do cardio. HIIT cardio and walking for 45-60mins are what my body responds best to. do cardio on days you dont lift or 6-8 hours before/after lifting.

-fish oil and green tea seems to help me limit fat gains

-judge your gains by how you look in the mirror and more importantly, your pefromance in the gym. that is, progressivley putting more weight on the bar on a week to week basis.

-my diet consists mainly of...

protein: chicken/turkey breast, egg beaters and eggs, whey protein powder, lean red meats, cottage cheese

carbs: oats, oat bran, veggies, fruit, sprouted grain bread(like ezkeil bread), fruits, and veggies

fats: raw almonds and walnuts, fish oil caps, oilve oil, flax, natural peanut butter and almond butter"
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Thanks RipStone,

That last post sounds good, thanks for putting in the time, I'm gonna try to put the info to use

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    -eat starchy carbs(oats, brown rice,etc) around your workout(pre-wo meal, PWO shake, PWO meal) and for breakfast only. all other meals have carbs from veggies, fruit, and beans.

-do cardio. HIIT cardio and walking for 45-60mins are what my body responds best to. do cardio on days you dont lift or 6-8 hours before/after lifting.
    Unless your an ectomorph with sky high metabolism....id starv if i only ate veggies for carbs plus with cardio i'd waste away.

Not saying your wrong or that cardio is bad for you but just personaly i need sht loads of carbs every 2 hours and doing cardio is just gonna make me eat more which i dont think is possible atm

Originally Posted by Ace_2004
    Unless your an ectomorph with sky high metabolism....id starv if i only ate veggies for carbs plus with cardio i'd waste away.

Not saying your wrong or that cardio is bad for you but just personaly i need sht loads of carbs every 2 hours and doing cardio is just gonna make me eat more which i dont think is possible atm
    Well I eat 5 or 6 meals a day. 3 of those meals have starhcy carbs(oats, rice, bread, etc) and the others have carbs from veggies. but the latter meals have a lot of fats. it works pretty good for me cus i am kinda carb sensitive. i wish i could eat oats with every meal, but its just not the case.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...