Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Jxstatic's fat loss journey.

This span of time will give me roughly 13 weeks to make a transformation. Although I don't have a solid plan to make it happen... I plan to take it day by day for the next 91 days and record it as much as possible.

As long as I'm living in the day and not 3 weeks into the future, I think I can trick myself into accomplishing such a personal challenge. Dieting for only "1" day is much easier than 13 weeks, wouldn't you agree?
    giving up wont speed it up

Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by psixcr View Post
    Edit:
    Read your post a little bit closer as well as your bodyblog. I probably got this whole thing wrong, but it was that comment you left in my thread ("that's probably were I will get in the future") that got me all ramped up =). Don't want anyone else to make my mistakes. I will let the rest of the post be as I wrote it in the first place, just so that you don't get any strange ideas further on =)

Original post:
    I would say don't diet man. As you read in my thread I lost like 50 lb at the age of 15, but I was FAT. You look friggin' amazing in your avatar! (I presume it's you?) and dieting while in puberty is generally a bad idea. First and foremost it can really f**k you up hormonally which will lead to bad effects for the rest of your life. Then there is the mental part where I certainly did damage myself. Since I was 15 I have been in a downward spiral which has made me what I am today. I totally feel like I have wasted the last 8 years of my life by prioritizing some skewed ideal body (which I haven't realized until today can't be had in this way). I have seriously overtrained and really pushed my body to extremes with injuries and damage in the course. I have had eating disorders in both directions and just look at my pics. Do I look good? Thats right, didn't think so. During your teens is when you really can build up your body. Don't waste it like I did... take advantage of it! Get big and buff, get laid and have fun! =)

However, I know that this kind of reply would just have pissed me off when I was 15 myself. So if you really want to do this ****, read the books from Lyle McDonald. I would recommend you on "the Ultimate Diet 2.0" which is a hardcore program that can get you seriously ripped. He also has a book (and is quite an authority) on "the Ketogenic diet" but ketosis suck IMO and isn't necessary to get ripped. It will get you the results but it will make you suffer harder than a cyclic approach as in UD 2.0.

And one last thing, if you diet, do it hardcore, get crazy lean in the next few months, then get on with your life! There is soo much more to it then BF%. You can start to worry about when you get old like me =) I would give anything to trade my position with your.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice, all I meant was I was going to be skinnier than I was at 15, when I'm your age.

As for the log, Today was a very good day as far as my diet goes.

I had a total of...
    fat/protein/carbs
    ---In calories
    1039.5/370/32 = 1441.5 calories
    ---In grams
    115.5/92.5/8 = 216 Grams of food
    ---Percentage---
    72.2%/25.6%/2.2%

I mostly sat around all day and at one point I had some groundbeef with lettuce and cheese from tacos without the shell so I had more than 1441.5 calories.

at 7:20pm I went out and walked at a high pace with an occasional sprint just because it felt right... I never put myself out of breathe though. I returned home at 8:08pm.

I plan to get to bed early tonight, wake up early tomorrow, take my metabolift, eat my good breakfast, go to school and fast for 8 hours and come home, walk, eat, wait 3 or 4 hours then walk, eat and start over again.

Thanks for reading up and please comment if you feel the need!

Good Morning 5:30 Am.

Today I woke up at 4 and took my multi and burner then did some liss for 50 mins, came in and stretched as I made my first meal of the day...

This meal was keto-perfect.
    71%/25%/3% with 600 total estimated calories.

I'll post again before I go to bed.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-19-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Angry Ouch!

Woke up today with a horrible pain in my right knee/calve/hamstring area.
    It limited my walking to 20-30 mins so I came inside and tried to move around as much as possible to mimic cardio but couldn't figure anything out after 40 mins.

I will try shadow boxing tonight and tomorrow.

First meal today was cleaner...

~900 total calories
    63/%34%/3%

Feeling good! Ready for the results to show!

Last time I weighed I was 203~204 so I'm staying 'down'.

I plan to wait until this saturday, and if I have the will power, possibly next saturday morning to weight myself before carb-up.
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-20-2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: "to weigh myself"

Just returned from my hour of 'cardio'
    Started it off with some punching bad hits for 15-20 mins then got outside and walked for awhile, around 30 minutes.

Altogether today was pretty bogged down.

It's getting kinda lonely in here so if you're reading up on any of this please drop a line.

Today I had around 2000 calories hopefully, I was looking for 500 or so more.

I need a treat that I can eat with a spoon.

alright, time to cut my mind off from all this dream-dozing. Results are due anywhere from may 4th to mid may, early june.
    I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS!

Good morning, or afternoon, depending on when you read this.

Today I got up on time, went to go do some LISS and was forced in by the sleet/rain(I'd do my workout if I was immune to all illnesses.)

My alternative was walking in circles around my basement walls, BORING. Only got about half a normal workout but I think the intensity was much higher.

I came up and cooked 4 whole eggs in Evoo and threw a slice of pepper jack cheese in there, ate it all but it was very hard.... my stomach was not feeling very well during this miniature feast. After the meal I had a protein shake, didn't taste like an as*hole this time.

I'll weigh in saturday morning or next saturday, depending on how long it's safe to stay in ketosis.

Thanks for reading, I'll post again later.

A lot has happened since my last post.

First I started the day off by stubbing my toe on a chair, this busted my toe open and made cardio very difficult.

School was easy education-wise but it was a true test of heart trying to endure the pain of having a bloody pulsing toe, rammed into a tight shoe with tight socks.

Before that I shaved my stomach, looks pretty cool.

Tonight I had 20 'naked' wings.

I ended up weighting myself... 201.5lbs!!!

Talking It happened today!

I had to post before my cardio because I'm pretty excited!
    Today was the first day that I woke up before 4:20 without my alarm clock's help.

I decided to weigh in for fun... I BROKE 200!

Today I weighed 199.5
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I did a full session of LISS and I threw in some ab work in the middle.
    I had 4 whole eggs,1 egg white about half a tablespoon of HWC in my eggs before I beat them.
    Cooked in butter.

My toe still hurts pretty bad but I expect it to be better by Sunday, as of now, I will continue keto until next weekend, then I'll hit a carb-up.
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-22-2008 at 03:55 AM.

sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000) sweeth4796 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jxstatic View Post
    Just returned from my hour of 'cardio'
    Started it off with some punching bad hits for 15-20 mins then got outside and walked for awhile, around 30 minutes.

Altogether today was pretty bogged down.

It's getting kinda lonely in here so if you're reading up on any of this please drop a line.

Today I had around 2000 calories hopefully, I was looking for 500 or so more.

I need a treat that I can eat with a spoon.

alright, time to cut my mind off from all this dream-dozing. Results are due anywhere from may 4th to mid may, early june.
    I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS!
    WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE with some sugar free jello powder on top!!! its my favorite treat!
    ***the best journey is one that is a trial to yourself because it makes the end that much more enjoyable***

Originally Posted by sweeth4796 View Post
    WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE with some sugar free jello powder on top!!! its my favorite treat!
    Thanks for the idea, I've never tried it.

I haven't seen this thread in a few days but I've been meaning to update it asap.

Yesterday was really plain, I worked out in the early morning, lifted weights.
    Ate 4 eggs with some heavy cream.
    also had 2 double quarter pounders without the buns, total of $8.27. I think If i went to burger king and got 2 quad stackers I'd get almost twice as much for my money.

I weighed in at 198 this morning, That's probably the lowest I've been since 8th grade summer. (Nearly two years.)

Thanks for reading!

We just purchased a Reebok elliptical machine. Haven't ate much today, keto stix test read pink. Hope all is still functioning well with my body.

Plan to break that 'elli' in later. As for now, MUST EAT FOOOODZ!

Edited in -
    I finally got my log were it belongs!

Here is my diner tonight, tons of vege-carbs but only because my mom has been bugging me about them.
    Cheese sauce on the side.

I'm going to bed now, going to get up tomorrow and work out on the elliptical for a little bit.
    If anyone is reading... when should I take my thermo?

I'll update my weight tomorrow morning. Good night!
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-24-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Thumbs up

Just a bump to get my journal recognized in the Keto Logs.

mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmm,

are you bulking or cutting? I love how you can eat 600 calories in a meal. Darn it I cant do that. Calories really do factor in for the weight loss. Also, what is the reason for doing LISS? Is it a better way to lose fat?

Good job and you're already doing great!! keep us posted !!

Pri

Originally Posted by mizzpri View Post
    hmm,

are you bulking or cutting? I love how you can eat 600 calories in a meal. Darn it I cant do that. Calories really do factor in for the weight loss. Also, what is the reason for doing LISS? Is it a better way to lose fat?

Good job and you're already doing great!! keep us posted !!

Pri
    Thanks!

I'm cutting but I need to make sure and keep my metabolism up, I can't always get all 6 meals in so i often have to pack a lot into 3 or 4.
    This is my breakfast that I'm eating now

Before my workout i had a protein shake, then followed it with a protein shake and this meal. I'll post again later this evening.

PS- I heard LISS was better for fat loss.

Hello

Just got back from track practice and I'm thinking about what to eat, so far I've had... The meal pictured above, 2 smalls bags of dried pork skins, some peanuts and 2 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds, 1 slice of lettuce each.

All this together isn't many calories but I'm feeling good, hesitant to weight myself but I will before I go to bed.

I feel skinnier, I don't appear to be much skinnier but I certainly feel great.

Smile Tried to add some photo updates. Happy so far.

Beginning

Today's Progress

------------------

Beginning

Today's Progress

------------------

Pictures in the green shorts were from last Wednesday I believe, possibly Thursday.
    I started at a weight over 204, as high as 206 but no lower than 204.

I have been down to 198 so far and I'm currently hovering at 200.5, In the next few days I plan to be down to a hovering 197.

I'll try to take some progress pictures every Monday from now on.

P.S.-I added around 45 minutes of LISS to my activities today, I think today was a good day to be on KETO

Thanks for reading!

(P.P.S.-Pictures continued on next post.)

-Continued, this shows my progress the best!

Beginning

Today's Progress

------------------

ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Doing Great

Congratulations of breaking 200. Looks like you are losing in the right areas. Your lats look more defined. Your forearms are amazing. They are definitely more defined but still look huge! You have a pretty damn big chest too. Take care and keep up the great work!!!

Originally Posted by ilj View Post
    Congratulations of breaking 200. Looks like you are losing in the right areas. Your lats look more defined. Your forearms are amazing. They are definitely more defined but still look huge! You have a pretty damn big chest too. Take care and keep up the great work!!!
    Thanks for checking in. I can see more details that my camera doesn't seem to capture, besides looks, I feel wonderful too.

I can honestly expect some great changes by at least March 4th

mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, your midsections shows amazing changes. HOw many calories below maintainance are you eating?

Registered User midnight_maraud3r's Avatar
    midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow man, i wish i looked like that when i was 15. your forearms are fricken huge...you steal a lot of lunch money at school? lol

keep up the good work buddy. nice ping pong table too...

Red face Shot up to 201.5lb, strict dieting this week.

wow, your midsections shows amazing changes. HOw many calories below maintainance are you eating?
    Thank you! I'm really not tracking my calories and I know that I'm not eating as much as I need to be. But the way I see it is, if it's not physically or mentally holding me back, I'm going to press on. I no longer look at my calories or by macro, i just make sure I'm not eating anything with unhealthy/high carbs. (I really wont eat anything with carbs unless it's a "steal of a deal".

Originally Posted by midnight_maraud3r View Post
    wow man, i wish i looked like that when i was 15. your forearms are fricken huge...you steal a lot of lunch money at school? lol

keep up the good work buddy. nice ping pong table too...
    Haha, no way on the stealing lunch money. I'm sure you can tell that I'm a nice guy for the most part, never really have problems with anyone at my school. I'm lucky to receive so much respect at my school. (It's a public school near the ghetto.)

Thanks for stopping through and checking out my progress!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As for my daily post, Today i woke up at 4:21, hustled down stairs and took my metabolift and my milk thisle with some water, also took down a fish oil cap. Headed to the basement and worked on my elliptical for 2 sessions of 15 mins.

I probably burned around 300 calories but that's not important to me.

I'm about to go on a pretty hardcore calories count by eating only 2 meals a day for the rest of this week just to see what kind of weight loss I experience, I'm doing this because I was up to 201.5 after my workout today and that's 3.5 pounds in the wrong direction!

I really appreciate all the readers stopping through to encourage me to keep it up, Reps to ya!

(PS=I'll probably post a couple more times today so check back as often as possible.)

-Barely ate breakfast today, here's my meal.

3 eggs, 1 slice of cheddar, several slices of turkey, eggs cooked in butter.
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-26-2008 at 04:43 AM.

any veggies @ all ?

(Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000) (Seriously) is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best of luck with your diet. No doubt a very challenging hurdle, but so worth it in the end!
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█

Ah, home sweet home.
    Today I fasted since breakfast and weighed in when I got home, 198.5

Here I am at home eating away at a hamburger bowl.

I'll probably do some elliptical exercise tonight, I'll be back to post on that.

midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    any veggies @ all ?
    x2...where are your greens? fiber is a must on this diet.

and if i were you i'd stay away from the scale...weighing yourself all the time can lead to some bad habits...stick with the mirror, it's a lot more fun than looking at numbers anyways.

Originally Posted by midnight_maraud3r View Post
    x2...where are your greens? fiber is a must on this diet.

and if i were you i'd stay away from the scale...weighing yourself all the time can lead to some bad habits...stick with the mirror, it's a lot more fun than looking at numbers anyways.
    True, but I think if I look at the scale it may keep me from snowballing out of control.. I don't know if you realize it or not but you never look in the mirror one day and KNOW you're gaining fat.. you look the same from day to day.

I do it just to keep myself in check and make sure my keto isn't going crazy and adding weight before I can see it.

I do have broccoli asparagus and green beans from time to time, and if you're talking about fiber because of the bathroom visits, I have no problem with that.

Feeling sluggish and tired, not sure if cardio is called for at this point...

Oh well, guess I'll LISS it up anyway.

I want to hit <195 by next Monday so keep me motivated!

I did 38 minutes of LISS.
    I'm going to go weigh myself and do a ketostick, then report back before I go to bed. (Had to piss during the workout, very uncomfortable.)
    Last edited by Jxstatic; 02-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.

if you're feeling tired and have already exercised for the day, call it a day and hit it hard tomorrow.

and yes, i realize that...that's why you don't look at the mirror every day.

Registered User rainbow716590452's Avatar
    rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100) rainbow716590452 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Jxstatic View Post
    Feeling sluggish and tired, not sure if cardio is called for at this point...

Oh well, guess I'll LISS it up anyway.

I want to hit <195 by next Monday so keep me motivated!

I did 38 minutes of LISS.
    I'm going to go weigh myself and do a ketostick, then report back before I go to bed. (Had to piss during the workout, very uncomfortable.)
    and what is liss?