Repping turns me on.... fragilestone's Avatar
    fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500)

Smile What's the perfect body fat percentage?

And how does one achieve it? I'm assuming lots of cardio and weight training but I'm sure nutrition plays a large part...I'd like to achieve a a low body fat percentage and tighten up my body but I'm not quite sure how much is too much?

..help me
    I think people will ALWAYS hate how comfortable I am in my own skin, and I can live with that :)

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    everyone is different.
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I think the perfect bodyfat is the one where you look and feel your best, and which you can maintain without having to kill yourself. And that figure varies even more in women than it does in men.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AltarsofMadness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol what the hell is your goal? but generally 18 - 30% is the best IMO

Repping turns me on.... fragilestone's Avatar
    fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500) fragilestone is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Personally, I think the perfect bodyfat is the one where you look and feel your best, and which you can maintain without having to kill yourself. And that figure varies even more in women than it does in men.
    thank you that makes so much sense! I guess I'd rather be happy with my appearance and overall health...rather than a set number....I guess I thought the body fat percentage made a difference in your appearance and how fit you truly are
    I think people will ALWAYS hate how comfortable I am in my own skin, and I can live with that :)

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whatever makes you happy is best...I thought initially that I'd be happy at 20, but I wasn't, and now I am waiting to get down to 15%, and then I think I'll be happy. If I'm not, too bad for me, because I'm not going any lower unless I'm pre-show. But that's just me...I want abs and veiny biceps and cut up quads

hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hugs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah, I'd say just about everyone will look good somewhere between 15% and 18%
    "Wise men don't need advice. Fools don't take it." -Benjamin Franklin

train hard and smart Outdoor Girl's Avatar
    Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have my bodyfat measured, but won't stop trying to lose it until I like how I look, regardless of the percentage. Kind of like the numbers on the scale, the mirror is more telling.

In any case, workouts are great but the biggest difference is in the kitchen! Have heard that for years and finally am a believer. Good luck with your goals.
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169367373&p=1399499263

momadaboo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) momadaboo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys are definately right when you say that the ideal body fat % depends greatly on the person. For men, in my opinion I would say an ideal % could range anywhere from 7-12%. For women somewhat more.

Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree, the kitchen makes the body. Eat healthy and more importantly give it some time and it is amazing how you begin to see those workouts paying off.
    Any how, yeah body fat and appearance at that body fat really does differ per woman. (I can be about 17-18% and still my lower half looks like poo, then at school I see girls with at least 22% with a nice even distribution that look fine)

RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RIP Chuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Lckymii View Post
    I agree, the kitchen makes the body. Eat healthy and more importantly give it some time and it is amazing how you begin to see those workouts paying off.
    Any how, yeah body fat and appearance at that body fat really does differ per woman. (I can be about 17-18% and still my lower half looks like poo, then at school I see girls with at least 22% with a nice even distribution that look fine)
    for women, having an attractive figure is huge percentage genetics, much more so than it is for men

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile To see the fruits of your labor......

just to add to what they've already said, Indiviuals goals vary from person to person. For women who are heavy chested they will generally be able to carry more weight than those who aren't. but "generalizing" I'd say: men 7-12%
    Women 14-20%
    And Out door girl is exactly right about where Most big changes need to happen! (in the kitchen) You can do situps, crunches, leg lifts, ect... to the cows come home but you'll NEVER be able to see the fruits of your labor until you get your fat% down!!! Good luck to you, if I can be of any more asst. feel free to hollar at me on my profile. Johnny
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think that's so true. My bf% is actually a lot lower than I thought it was, and yet I'm still not completely satisfied.
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eileen hit the nail on the head. Use body fat testing as a guage only. One woman may look lean at 20% fat, and another 15%. Depends on the person. I prefer to go by how I look and measurements. T