SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

W.I.T.S Personal Training Certification Questions

W.I.T.S. = World Instructor Training School

Link: http://witseducation.com/certifications/ptcert.htm

Looking for some insight (ie from folks who have done this cert or have worked with folks with the cert) into the Personal Trainer Certification program.

Has anyone taken this course and certification? How does it compare to ACSM, Cooper, and A.C.E.?

Thanks for any info!

(Is this the best forum to post this?)
    www.CoyoteDrifters.com
    www.myspace.com/steely_d

jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello,
    I wont be much help, but Ill try. I have researched certs for awhile and will be taking the CSCS in May. I have never heard of the WITS. Doesn't seem very hard to get if you have the time. You may want to go with something more reputtable though, I do not think this one is legally defensible in court. That would be good to ask them.
    J. Hashey, CSCS, Owner - Synergy Athletics

Website/Blog: www.synergy-athletics.com
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhashey
    EliteFts Article Contributor, Diesel Crew Forum Mod,
    Author -Bull Strength Training- www.bullstrength.com

SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jh-

Thanks. The CSCS has a different focus than a Personal Trainer certificate-- apples/oranges. The CSCS carries much more weight, but I'm not looking for that just yet.

Thanks, though!
    www.CoyoteDrifters.com
    www.myspace.com/steely_d

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SteelyD View Post
    jh-

Thanks. The CSCS has a different focus than a Personal Trainer certificate-- apples/oranges. The CSCS carries much more weight, but I'm not looking for that just yet.

Thanks, though!
    you're right, still the NSCA-CPT is the gold standard in the personal training world. not only is it the best cert, it also has the best benefits to go along with it, like liability insurance (which above poster referred to). Sure it's a harder test and probably a little more expensive, but if you're planning on doing Personal Training for a career you might as well go all out and make the best of it, it'll take you much further than any other average cert out there. ACE and ACSM are good too, but from the people I've talked to in the Fitness industry, they all say hands down that the NSCA is the best. I'm taking it in May so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im not sure, but the NSCA-CPT may require a college degree or just the CSCS?

I know a popular bball training facility has someone like Olympic Weightlifting organization or something like that? It has worked for them.
    J. Hashey, CSCS, Owner - Synergy Athletics

Website/Blog: www.synergy-athletics.com
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhashey
    EliteFts Article Contributor, Diesel Crew Forum Mod,
    Author -Bull Strength Training- www.bullstrength.com

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jhashey View Post
    Im not sure, but the NSCA-CPT may require a college degree or just the CSCS?
    just the CSCS does, and luckily for you, it hasn't changed it's requirements yet to a degree related to the exercise science field

CPT only requires a HS degree and CPR certification

Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.MAXX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SteelyD View Post
    jh-

Thanks, though!

Have you looked at the NSCA's CPT certification? Other than the NSCA, the NASM would get my next vote in certifications -- http://www.nasm.org/

FullChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only Four Certs are National Accredited...NSCA, NASM, ACSM, ACE.

If you do go for a cert, these are the ones to go for. NSCA-CPT and ACSM are both the "gold standard". However, NASM is a great cert as well.
    Chris Gooden, M.A., CSCS, USAW, NSCA-CPT

ptcdp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Why W.I.T.S.

Why W.I.T.S. says it all. Plus the comparison chart is like no other for basic facts to consider. Why do the other certs talked about here not have 3 college credits like W.I.T.S. It is not a 1 or 2 day crash course or online thing. W.I.T.S. makes sense if you really look at or they would not be accepted in in colleges more than anyone else.

http://witseducation.com/generalwits/whywits.htm

rippedoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WITS is a rippoff

I wouldn't go near the WITS program with a fake check and food stamps. My wife took the course at Del County Community College, and granted she has several certificates and a bachelors degree, and she failed. Its a 6 week course and supposed to be 3.5 hrs a night, twice a week. The teacher was cutting the class loose after an hour and a half, or 2 hours. My wife questioned him, but he said she'd be okay, but she wasn't.

Now they are making her pay $100 for the retest.

Watch this company. The CEO Jay doesnt care. Ive talked to him, and he says its my wife. The teacher admitted cancelling the 2nd class, but says no others were let go early.

Thats BS!!! They were all except 2 classes let go early.

phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Any other opinions on WITS?

I'm going to be taking the course at CSU and am just wondering if anyone has managed to get a job with this cert. Anyone?

DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjSfida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by phuture View Post
    I'm going to be taking the course at CSU and am just wondering if anyone has managed to get a job with this cert. Anyone?
    There are two type of employers. First, the one who does not care who certified you, they base employment on a trial period and rate you by your skills and personality. Second are the ones who care about your certification. You WILL NOT GET HIRED by person number two with WITS!

However, the required internship does set you apart from other applicants, so PLAY THAT TO YOUR STRENGTH! Make sure you keep showing that you have job experience! That's really all you pay for with WITS.

Side note: To the person who was talking about the retake.
    I had to retake also, over some BS grading! It really all depends on who grades you on the practical and who is the instructor! The written part is almost imposable to fail.

DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rip****ff View Post
    I wouldn't go near the WITS program with a fake check and food stamps. My wife took the course at Del County Community College, and granted she has several certificates and a bachelors degree, and she failed. Its a 6 week course and supposed to be 3.5 hrs a night, twice a week. The teacher was cutting the class loose after an hour and a half, or 2 hours. My wife questioned him, but he said she'd be okay, but she wasn't.

Now they are making her pay $100 for the retest.

Watch this company. The CEO Jay doesnt care. Ive talked to him, and he says its my wife. The teacher admitted cancelling the 2nd class, but says no others were let go early.

Thats BS!!! They were all except 2 classes let go early.
    The program is a rip off because your wife is finding it too difficult?

phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50) phuture will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FWIW, I thought the class was fantastic. Lot's of info to digest, but with studying hard I aced the written and practical exam. WITTS paired me with a high end gym in my area where I am currently interning.

nrferris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nrferris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wits is better

WITS is $500, ACE is $219, ACSM is $530 and COOPER is $525 the retesting fee for WITS is only 50 bucks and for all the others its at least 130... Im in WITS right now in MN.. also WITS requires an internship and is recognized by IACET, ACE, BOC, AOTA and Veterans training . I have a sheet that compares all the info and certifications. message me if you want more info or have questions.

Iyiola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am researching certifications and I am interested in your chart. please let me know how you can share this info with me. thanks.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    being a PT is tough enough. picking a cert no one has heard of just makes your life tougher.

tanaoare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wits

Originally Posted by nrferris View Post
    WITS is $500, ACE is $219, ACSM is $530 and COOPER is $525 the retesting fee for WITS is only 50 bucks and for all the others its at least 130... Im in WITS right now in MN.. also WITS requires an internship and is recognized by IACET, ACE, BOC, AOTA and Veterans training . I have a sheet that compares all the info and certifications. message me if you want more info or have questions.
    I'm thinking of taking the wits program at Minneapolis community and technical college , wondering how you liked the program and if you found the certification to be reputable?

itsamindset has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cn you pass that info on to me please. I just finished my W.I.T.S course. matthieujpr

Originally Posted by nrferris View Post

Can you pass that info on to me please. I just finished my W.I.T.S course. matthieujprichard@gmail.com

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by itsamindset View Post
    Can you pass that info on to me please. I just finished my W.I.T.S course. matthieujprichard@gmail.com
    It pays to check the dates of the post you're responding to. The post you're responding to is over 2 years old and the user hasn't posted since.