Tuhbzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this a good vertical jump program?

Monday: Strength (Squats) Speed-Strength (Olympic lifts like power cleans) ------There are more things but this is just an example of both of the types of lifts
    Wendsday: Speed (Plyo)
    Friday: Same as Monday
    Core on those three days and stretching for back flexibility on the rest days.

I'm trying to increase my high jump PR to about 6 5 in the winter maybe 6 8 outdoors. It's currently 6 foot and I PRed by 4inches from freshmen year to sophomore year without doing anything over the summer (5 8 to 6). Now from Sophomore year to Junior year I want to increase 5-8 inches by working hard in the summer and fall. Also my form needs work but my coach and I will be working on that next month. For about 4 weeks I've been doing strength, strength-speed and speed all in one day but now since I go to the Y instead of my school, I wanted to split up speed workouts at home using plyo equipment and lifting at the Y. Also I'm 5 7, 115lbs, 16 years old and have a pre-lifting vertical of about 30 inches and about 33 inches after 4 weeks of lifting.

Monday and Friday: Squats, leg curls, power cleans, one leg squats, step ups, jump squats, calf raises, and multi-hip (open for more suggestions)
    Wendsday: Depth jumps, box jump variations, bounding, Air alert 3 plyo exercises

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tuhbzy View Post
    Monday: Strength (Squats) Speed-Strength (Olympic lifts like power cleans) ------There are more things but this is just an example of both of the types of lifts
    Wendsday: Speed (Plyo)
    Friday: Same as Monday
    Core on those three days and stretching for back flexibility on the rest days.

I'm trying to increase my high jump PR to about 6 5 in the winter maybe 6 8 outdoors. It's currently 6 foot and I PRed by 4inches from freshmen year to sophomore year without doing anything over the summer (5 8 to 6). Now from Sophomore year to Junior year I want to increase 5-8 inches by working hard in the summer and fall. Also my form needs work but my coach and I will be working on that next month. For about 4 weeks I've been doing strength, strength-speed and speed all in one day but now since I go to the Y instead of my school, I wanted to split up speed workouts at home using plyo equipment and lifting at the Y. Also I'm 5 7, 115lbs, 16 years old and have a pre-lifting vertical of about 30 inches and about 33 inches after 4 weeks of lifting.

Monday and Friday: Squats, leg curls, power cleans, one leg squats, step ups, jump squats, calf raises, and multi-hip (open for more suggestions)
    Wendsday: Depth jumps, box jump variations, bounding, Air alert 3 plyo exercises
    I'm sorry to do this to you, but at 113lb, you need to concentrate on simple and big. Start with Starting Strength or a Bill Starr 5x5 and work from there as required.