Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My chest is ok, just small. It's just the puffy nipples that piss me off.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    My chest is ok, just small. It's just the puffy nipples that piss me off.
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can be quite distressing. I saw so many patients unhappy with this contour I added many years ago a Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Gallery. When body fat was not the factor, and the problem was stable, then surgery became the best tool I had to offer. Body Shaping Garments were a tool used to temporize for those waiting to lose weight, stabilize a problem, or wait until they could afford surgery. It is a specific enough problem that I added a Puffy Nipple Forum separate section for those wanting to share their experiences and concerns with others having similar issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I guess I'm ****ed.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My puffy nipples and I are in on this thread. I really didn't notice them until I quit this stack I was taking which included an estrogen blocker. I'm wondering if that was the cause....they look normal when cold though or when pinched so I just keep hoping its a fat issue
    I do it because you said I can't. Because I know I can

MY CUT LOG- DIET. LIFT. DESIRE
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145265851

MARCH 28TH ~ 234LBS
    MAY 28TH ~ 220LBS
    JULY 28TH~ ??? (GOAL 202LBS)

Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cruz2030 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's also what is preventing me from bulking as I don't want to make them worse.

MARCH 28TH ~ 234LBS
    MAY 28TH ~ 220LBS

Originally Posted by Cruz2030 View Post
    My puffy nipples and I are in on this thread. I really didn't notice them until I quit this stack I was taking which included an estrogen blocker. I'm wondering if that was the cause....they look normal when cold though or when pinched so I just keep hoping its a fat issue
    So when you took the estrogen blocker it looked normall all the time?
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    So when you took the estrogen blocker it looked normall all the time?
    No I mean I didn't have that problem as bad, but I took an OTC prohormone stack that included an estrogen blocker. When I finished the stack after awhile I noticed the nipple issue. So it makes me wonder if it contributed to making it worse or not....

MARCH 28TH ~ 234LBS
    MAY 28TH ~ 220LBS

DJDriver88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

So what's my issue? Chest at full flex in first photo relaxed in 2nd. Have had this issue since I was like 14gonna be 24 soon...

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/chelios111/IMAG1027.jpg

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/chelios111/IMAG1026.jpg

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DJDriver88 View Post
    So what's my issue? Chest at full flex in first photo relaxed in 2nd. Have had this issue since I was like 14gonna be 24 soon...

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/chelios111/IMAG1027.jpg

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/chelios111/IMAG1026.jpg
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry, 2 images are not sufficient to completely define the male contour problem. That is why I evolved my

Standard Male Chest Pictures set which more critically demonstrates contours of the male chest, both for gynecomastia, bodybuilding, weight loss and other issues.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia comes in many different degrees sizes and shapes, just like a pubescent female developing breast. The Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia will always consist of fat, gland, and skin. Lowering body fat can help with a fat component, but not the gland. This discussion Do I Need Donut Mastopexy for Puffy Nipples? has a series of pictures showing gland removed and amount of skin shrinkage with my technique.

Beyond surgery, Body Shaping Garments can help flatten this problem as a temporizing measure until the problem stabilizes or someone can afford surgery. That link has actual before and after photos showing just how much contour change occurs with different degrees of gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

DJDriver88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So basically you're just advertising your services with every post but not giving any real answers. Thanks for taking up space.

For everyone else, I talked to momma dukes about it today and she said she remembers they were the same when I was first born. I'm gonna talk to my family doctor and see what she
    hinks I should do or who I should see next.

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive had this problem for years, I find the more leaner I become the gradually it goes away, so I dont worry about it too much....As someone said, I think it has a lot to do with water retention, ive recently dropped my sodium levels and ive also dropped my protein slightly, as excess protein gets stored as fat and fluids.

Originally Posted by DJDriver88 View Post
    So basically you're just advertising your services with every post but not giving any real answers. Thanks for taking up space.

For everyone else, I talked to momma dukes about it today and she said she remembers they were the same when I was first born. I'm gonna talk to my family doctor and see what she
    hinks I should do or who I should see next.

As a retired surgeon, I have no "services" to offer, just an extraordinary amount of knowledge and experience to share for free from the decades of dealing with this problem and the thousands who traveled from around the world for my care over my career. Have you even looked at the resources I explained the problem with? The answers are quite real and the resources the product of over 15 years of dedication writing them myself having answered the same questions asked time after time. It just became easier to make each component of the answer into a page that became many pages and eventually one of the largest resources about gynecomastia in the literature. It is actually fascinating looking back using the way back machine seeing my earlier efforts. The earliest efforts are not on there due to a change in the site format.

A baby when born starts out with his mother's hormones initially in his blood causing breast gland stimulation. This is one the Causes of Gynecomastia, that rapidly changes over the first few weeks of life. Another mechanism is an overweight baby. In this case the deformity remains as the glandular component can be less significant than the fat. As the gland shrinks, the fat remains.

Originally Posted by Daywalker75 View Post
    Ive had this problem for years, I find the more leaner I become the gradually it goes away, so I dont worry about it too much....As someone said, I think it has a lot to do with water retention, ive recently dropped my sodium levels and ive also dropped my protein slightly, as excess protein gets stored as fat and fluids.
    That is why I have always emphasized weight loss first before considering surgery as posted here:
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    Over the decades of my career I have seen many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. I always advocated Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery as the best approach. That is an example of one the many of my patients who lost weight before considering surgery.
    However, for some who have done something to stimulate gland growth that then stabilizes, weight loss alone will no longer fix the contour problem. I have seen many who came to me for help after such a situation. In that case, the next step is stabilizing the gland growth, which often can be done as in the case of newborn gynecomastia from a mother's hormone levels. But that was always done by an Endocrinologist, a Family Practice Physician typically lacks the experience to track the many possible issues down we have uncovered over the years. I have recorded several individual's experiences with their frustrations with inexperienced physicians who did not even include a testicle exam as an essential part of the analysis. Here is one of these individuals experiences he felt he wanted others to know that also shows the power of the Internet over some doctors out there: Emotions And Living with Klinefelter Syndrome - Videos, Movies, and Audio Stories. This Klinefelter's Syndrome individual also had gynecomastia that did not bother him, but the principle of diagnosis to find the cause is the same as in these Klinefelter Gynecomastia patient who came to me undiagnosed. He failed my Red Flag test and was sent to the Endocrinologist, treated, stabilized, and then the residual gland sculpted.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No offense doc...but doctors are only taught one way to deal with puffy nipples or gyno and that is to cut it out. They are unaware of other ways to cure gyno/puffy nipples with medication/supplementation because the medication isn't FDA approved, plus doctors are making millions each year from gyno/gyno cases.

The gland behind your nipples can be turned back to normal size and soft again. All gyno can be cured without surgery...even puberty induced gyno. It just takes a different amount of time for every individual. If you feel hard lumps behind or around your nipples then you have gyno. If you don't feel anything hard around or behind your nipples then you don't have gyno..you just have fat around the nipple. Hopefully you just have fat around your nipple, as it can be cured with weight loss. If you have fat or a hard lumps around your nipples it is caused by a high estrogen or high progesterone. Get this back to normal and your gyno could go away instantly. It just depends on the person as we are all built differently.

Surgery costs thousands of dollars and insurance doesn't cover it. Surgery should always be the last option! I would suggest that you use a topical fat burner...more specifically Forma-Stanzol from mrsupps.com. As it not only burns fat but it also insures that your estrogen and progesterone levels don't elevate. I would rub 2 pumps per nipples AM and PM every day while following a strict weight loss diet and weight loss workout program. Be on your weight loss program and have your diet up to tune for at least 2 weeks before using the forma-stanzol and then run it until the bottle is completely gone and you are in the single digits on body fat. Hopefully this kills your puffy nipples as it has many other people!

If it isn't gone, then is the time I want you to buy letro, prami, bridge, and forma-stanzol again. You can get the letro and prami at ag-guys.com and chemicalneed.com! Letro is a strong AI and will get rid of your lumps! However, letro will make your sex drive decrease drastically if it isn't taken in conjunction with prami or bridge. I suggest also taking Bridge while on this gyno killing cycle, you can obtain this at mrsupps.com as well. Expect to also have sore joints while on letro as it destroys up to 99% of your estrogen. Start taking the letro 1.25mg every night before bed and take 0.5mg of prami every other night before bed. The prami will make you sleep like a baby, it could also make you feel like you need to throw up at first, but don't worry...this is normal, it will not do that to you again after that. Do this until the lumps are gone, do it two more days to make sure and then start using 2 pumps of forma-stanzol on each nipple AM and PM. The forma will ensure that no rebound occurs and that dreaded gyno is gone for good. Do the 2 pumps on each nipple AM and PM until the bottle of forma is gone. Also make sure to keep your diet clean, try to keep your body fat in the single digits. It may take you 2 days, 1 week, or even 1 month to get rid of your gyno but all gyno can be cured..there are just so many variables that go into how long it takes one to get rid of them. Keep at it, PM me if you have any questions I am here to help!
    **Force Factor** BRX Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148696533&p=959729063#post959729063

**Ronnie Coleman Signature Series: Resurrect P.M. Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161879843&p=1244382263#post1244382263

Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Give them a good ole flick!
    Enjoy the journey. Embrace the process.

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by travisjw View Post
    No offense doc...but doctors are only taught one way to deal with puffy nipples or gyno and that is to cut it out. They are unaware of other ways to cure gyno/puffy nipples with medication/supplementation because the medication isn't FDA approved, plus doctors are making millions each year from gyno/gyno cases.

The gland behind your nipples can be turned back to normal size and soft again. All gyno can be cured without surgery...even puberty induced gyno. It just takes a different amount of time for every individual. If you feel hard lumps behind or around your nipples then you have gyno. If you don't feel anything hard around or behind your nipples then you don't have gyno..you just have fat around the nipple. Hopefully you just have fat around your nipple, as it can be cured with weight loss. If you have fat or a hard lumps around your nipples it is caused by a high estrogen or high progesterone. Get this back to normal and your gyno could go away instantly. It just depends on the person as we are all built differently.

Surgery costs thousands of dollars and insurance doesn't cover it. Surgery should always be the last option! I would suggest that you use a topical fat burner...more specifically Forma-Stanzol from mrsupps.com. As it not only burns fat but it also insures that your estrogen and progesterone levels don't elevate. I would rub 2 pumps per nipples AM and PM every day while following a strict weight loss diet and weight loss workout program. Be on your weight loss program and have your diet up to tune for at least 2 weeks before using the forma-stanzol and then run it until the bottle is completely gone and you are in the single digits on body fat. Hopefully this kills your puffy nipples as it has many other people!

If it isn't gone, then is the time I want you to buy letro, prami, bridge, and forma-stanzol again. You can get the letro and prami at ag-guys.com and chemicalneed.com! Letro is a strong AI and will get rid of your lumps! However, letro will make your sex drive decrease drastically if it isn't taken in conjunction with prami or bridge. I suggest also taking Bridge while on this gyno killing cycle, you can obtain this at mrsupps.com as well. Expect to also have sore joints while on letro as it destroys up to 99% of your estrogen. Start taking the letro 1.25mg every night before bed and take 0.5mg of prami every other night before bed. The prami will make you sleep like a baby, it could also make you feel like you need to throw up at first, but don't worry...this is normal, it will not do that to you again after that. Do this until the lumps are gone, do it two more days to make sure and then start using 2 pumps of forma-stanzol on each nipple AM and PM. The forma will ensure that no rebound occurs and that dreaded gyno is gone for good. Do the 2 pumps on each nipple AM and PM until the bottle of forma is gone. Also make sure to keep your diet clean, try to keep your body fat in the single digits. It may take you 2 days, 1 week, or even 1 month to get rid of your gyno but all gyno can be cured..there are just so many variables that go into how long it takes one to get rid of them. Keep at it, PM me if you have any questions I am here to help!
    Mother of information.

Anyone reading this needs to do some research before they go following instructions from people online. (Not saying you're wrong Travis but people need to know what they're talking about before buying this kind of stuff just based solely off your instructions lol)
    Last edited by moore93; 07-26-2012 at 10:39 AM.

It is so sad you have not used my free resources to learn from before writing such naive comments. On my site I show so many non surgical options for gynecomastia treatments. For anyone to say I only thought of surgery, obviously has no clue about my methods. Check out this Causes Of Gynecomastia. They are all part of my Red Flag System.

No patient was operated on until they had stable gynecomastia. In short, if there was a medical problem needing management first, surgery was not done to see if getting the problem stable would address the contour. The same goes for weight loss. Weight loss should be considered before surgery when weight is causing the contour problem. There are many examples on my site of patients I treated after medical stabilization or weight loss.

Some contour problems actually were managed by getting the medical problem under control. These were typically those with new active swelling of the gland from hormonal stimulation. However, once gland goes beyond the active phase of stimulation, there is NO medical management that works, at least none we have seen adequately proven. This is something like what happens during the menstrual cycle stimulation of breast size increase and then decrease vs longer lactation hormonal exposure and actual breast size remaining enlarged.

I was honored to be invited as "Gynecomastia - Ask the Expert" at a recent Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress
    American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Annual Meeting as well as other presentations for other Endocrinologists. I have been talking with these doctors from around the world about these issues for decades looking how to minimize the cost of the treatment of this condition. Here is more about my methodology for Gynecomastia Surgery Weight Loss and Red Flags. I also came up with a documentation and demonstration of No Surgery Body Contouring showing to what degree garments can help temporize contouring while problems were stabilized or individuals could manage treatment. Yet I have cared for patients who were operated on inappropriately by those who did not bother to carefully understand issues. Here is extended discussion about Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Should Surgery Prevent Recurrence? Growing Again.

Sorry, feeling the chest alone is not sufficient to determine gynecomastia as is discussed: Gynecomastia Forum - I can feel firm tissue does this mean I have gyno?

However, if someone did have a method, all they would have to do is conduct a good documentation of the problem and their treatment outcome. My Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia and Gynecomastia Exam Measurements would be part of that documentation. This is part of what I used to evolve my methods, to document problems and what I was achieving with my techniques. The movies are even better and more critical to show how the tissues move. It would be nice to see an actual demonstration and proof reversing longstanding gland no longer in the active phase. We are not talking about the tender swollen gland right after a cycle. This I never operated on anyway for failing the Red Flag test. Doctors might use such management for female breast reduction also instead of surgery. We were always looking for improvements in our methods.

You picked on the wrong doc to say "doctors are only taught one way to deal with puffy nipples or gyno and that is to cut it out." I was trained differently, taught differently, and demonstrate facts on my site differently. I would welcome such documentation, standard pictures and videos of your methods posted here or on our Gynecomastia Forum. I have instructions posted on how to make the standard images, but they would need to be done before treatment to see and document the problem, then after to see the results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italianoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think a lot of you guys who feel insecure about this are probably just hypersensitive to something invisible to everyone else...I can't tell you how many times I've seen a friend on ******** post a picture with excessively 'puffy nips' but defined abs and have women croon over his 'perfect physique' ...I really don't think gyno/puffy nips is a terminology or symptom that most of the world is even aware of. I mean, have you guys seen Bodybuilding's 'We 'Mirin' articles? Puffy nips galore, but no one cares. How about Jeff Seid, three time Overall Physique winner who just turned 18? No one but other bodybuilders notice. I think at least a third of the pro bodybuilders have got visible gyno when they do an abs and thigh pose but they still compete.

Originally Posted by Italianoman View Post
    I think a lot of you guys who feel insecure about this are probably just hypersensitive to something invisible to everyone else...I can't tell you how many times I've seen a friend on ******** post a picture with excessively 'puffy nips' but defined abs and have women croon over his 'perfect physique' ...I really don't think gyno/puffy nips is a terminology or symptom that most of the world is even aware of. I mean, have you guys seen Bodybuilding's 'We 'Mirin' articles? Puffy nips galore, but no one cares. How about Jeff Seid, three time Overall Physique winner who just turned 18? No one but other bodybuilders notice. I think at least a third of the pro bodybuilders have got visible gyno when they do an abs and thigh pose but they still compete.

While that sometimes is the case, that is not what I have seen. Yes, I have seen some coming to me asking about surgery when there was no contour issue. That is why I evolved both a series of Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia to document the degree of deformity, even subtle problems showing when muscles flex coupled with my Male Nipple Exam Measurements to define a contour problem. Then there are the more critical videos and revision sets that are more precise for movement and scar issues.

But in their minds!!!! You should have hear some the horror stories told to me over the years of the emotional torture some went through such as being singled out by a gym teacher in front of the class and having the nipples twisted during berating by an incompetent "teacher" who should have been fired. Take some time and listen to this Video Emotion Involved Living with Gynecomastia to better understand what some go through before making such insensitive statements.

To see some of the variation of sizes this comes in, I have just revised our Gynecomastia Picture Galleries. Check out the many sub galleries like Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia Picture Gallery or Teenagers with Gynecomastia Gallery. Some now have a full screen option to see larger versions as some have requested.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't like hearing guys say just lose more fat, do more pushups, etc. It's a serious problem. I had it done. I had an extreme case. Many men have this problem but few choose to speak up about it. According to some sources, up to 30% of men have some form of gynecomastia.

Check out this vid, its the actual procedure. I actually had a worse case than this guy. My doc said he removed two glands the size of golf balls under my nips. I wish I could show you guys before and after pics, but I never took before pics. That part of my life is over and surgery was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1DOxGNkj-s

Can't seem to embed

Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500) Getriporshiton is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
    I don't like hearing guys say just lose more fat, do more pushups, etc. It's a serious problem. I had it done. I had an extreme case. Many men have this problem but few choose to speak up about it. According to some sources, up to 30% of men have some form of gynecomastia.

Check out this vid, its the actual procedure. I actually had a worse case than this guy. My doc said he removed two glands the size of golf balls under my nips. I wish I could show you guys before and after pics, but I never took before pics. That part of my life is over and surgery was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1DOxGNkj-s

Can't seem to embed
    AGREED!!. I had it done best thing ever. Hurt like a bitch for afew day but now people mire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMa191lubzM

Can't seem to embed

Caution Graphic Video During Surgery
    I prefer this version of my Gynecomastia Surgery Video because I can add a better explanation about the surgery in the text and page elements about.

I also prefer my Dynamic Technique going after the gland first and then using remaining resources to contour the chest. This approach philosophy is described in Gynecomastia Surgery Evolution of a Techique. In evaluating which result, critically look at more than a few still photos of arms relaxed at the sides. Here is an analysis of How To Evaluate Gynecomastia Before After Pictures to better understand the problem and just how good the surgical correction. Then here is How to Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon going beyond advertising hype and marketing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Originally Posted by Getripor****on View Post
    AGREED!!. I had it done best thing ever. Hurt like a bitch for afew day but now people mire

Unfortunately Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery is technique related. Although I gave my patients a RX for strong pain medication, plain Tylenol was more than enough for almost all. It is part of the design and documentation methodology. Check out this typical Bruising and Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery with my methods. In checking out the doctor, look also to the path a patient takes to get from the before to the after. No pictures on the doctors' site and that path is unknown. But by watching, documenting, and evolving my methods to minimize this swelling and bruising, I was trying to shorten my patients' recovery and resumption of their normal activities. You can also see in the raising arms up overhead the patient's testing what range their body was telling them they had at that stage after surgery.

But isn't the feeling great on the other side?!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ This sounds like advertisement.

I don't really care what technique is used. I just wanted to share a video of a lean guy who got it done to show that it really does make a difference. It's this same video that two years ago made me say ****it, I'm gettin' this **** over with.

I just want the misinformation that you can fix this problem with some incline and cardio to go away. You can mask it but you can't make it disappear. This problem can take a serious toll on a bros self esteem. My only regret is waiting so long to get it. I'm 23, got it done when I was 21, but I've had the problem since I was 12 or 13. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if I had it earlier. I just know the comments and remarks from other kids started around that age.

Originally Posted by Getripor****on View Post
    Amen brotha. I was hurtin' more for like 3 weeks though lol. But I would've paid 3x the price and hurt for a year just to feel the way I feel now.

^ This sounds like advertisement.

I don't really care what technique is used. I just wanted to share a video of a lean guy who got it done to show that it really does make a difference. It's this same video that two years ago made me say ****it, I'm gettin' this **** over with.

I just want the misinformation that you can fix this problem with some incline and cardio to go away. You can mask it but you can't make it disappear. This problem can take a serious toll on a bros self esteem. My only regret is waiting so long to get it. I'm 23, got it done when I was 21, but I've had the problem since I was 12 or 13.
    Advertising for a retired practice? Now that makes a great deal of sense. Retired doctors no longer offer surgery.

Just like in buying a used car, why walk around the entire vehicle when a used car salesman says the whole thing is just fine. I would rather walk around see the whole car review its repair history and see how it drives than trust marketing hype. but then perhaps that car was not rear ended. Knowledge is power. Use it or risk the unknown.

Perhaps surgery went well. However, how about the many who came to me for help after being operated by other surgeons who did not do as well? I did an audit for a few years and found over 500 requests for my help after gynecomastia surgery done elsewhere when liposuction alone was done leaving gland behind. So technique matters as does education. I may no longer operate, but I can share my experience and knowledge.

Amen brotha. I was hurtin' more for like 3 weeks though lol. But I would've paid 3x the price and hurt for a year just to feel the way I feel now.
    and if you could teach someone bodybuilding without hurting themselves, would that not be better than seeing them in pain from making mistakes that you learned how to avoid?

But yes, the surgery can have an awesome impact on ones lives. I have so many patient experiences posted with similar stories. Some stopped by years later just to thank me for the life changing contouring. Now the office is closed, but they still write me. It is so nice a change and many have expressed how frustrated they were trying to convince parents before surgery. That is another reason I post, to let people know what can be done, even if it is not going to be by me.

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Last edited by DrBermant; 08-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the info DrBermant! I was formerly overweight and was pretty embarrassed by my moobs in my teen years. My weightloss and weight lifting has eliminated 95% of the problem, only leaving puffy nipples which are pretty minor and not very noticeable (except to me of course). Good to know there are options if I ever happen to become wealthy in the future. Until then I'll just have to make a habit out of keeping them stimulated (I've learned to become quite discrete about it ) when I'm out in public shirtless, haha!

Also, lol'ing at the strong tards accusing a retired doctor who is providing education and knowledge on a pretty touchy subject of advertising.

Originally Posted by PapaPumpkin View Post
    Thanks for the info DrBermant! I was formerly overweight and was pretty embarrassed by my moobs in my teen years. My weightloss and weight lifting has eliminated 95% of the problem, only leaving puffy nipples which are pretty minor and not very noticeable (except to me of course). Good to know there are options if I ever happen to become wealthy in the future. Until then I'll just have to make a habit out of keeping them stimulated (I've learned to become quite discrete about it ) when I'm out in public shirtless, haha!

Also, lol'ing at the strong tards accusing a retired doctor who is providing education and knowledge on a pretty touchy subject of advertising.

Thanks for the comment.

There a different section that those after weight loss need to investigate. Low Nipples Just Do Not Look Good On a Male Chest. It is all about compromise of Loose Skin on the Male Chest. The amount of loose skin and gland vary greatly. If there is enough loose skin, the issue of where to get that loose skin out vs the scars becomes a real issue. That is why I developed my Short Scar Internal Chest Lift limiting the external scars, but that can only manage a certain degree of drooping. Use that method on a more extensive case, and the results are not as nice as the scars for the reduction. Because of this scar for the skin reduction issue, some do choose the No Surgery Contouring Garment Option and I show such a case in those examples. Some even tried the garments for a time then opted for the surgery realizing it was what they wanted.

I even set up a separate Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Forum discussion section as the problems and concerns a subset of gynecomastia. But look at the tissue removed in these skin, gland, and fat cases in the Gynecomastia Gland Picture Gallery, they have their own section. I tried to separate the gland component from the fibro fatty superficial suspension fascia tightening element (in plain English the sagging tissue element between the outer skin and the chest muscle removed in some cases under the skin to make a smaller surface scar).

Same issue as before, education, learning about options. I even set up a different set of photos Standard Pictures for Male Mastopexy and Understanding Loose Skin Male Chest. Both problem and solution evaluation standing up arms at the side alone are woefully inadequate, yet many surgeons will not show how the loose skin looks with the patient bending over. So sad.... This loose skin documentation can also be used to document muscle bulking expansion tightening of the skin. But in bodybuilding other views might be beneficial. Post progress photographs to show progress with weight loss or skin tightening with bulking is something I have suggested here in the past. The other forums is an option to consider if looking for a place where more have the similar problems such as loose skin after weight loss.

But I am still intrigued with stimulating the concept of contour documentation with bodybuilding. If someone wants to work on the poses needed, I can put them onto pages like the other standard views. We are looking not for competition poses, but something easily reproducible days, weeks, or months, or years later. I would like to see submitted a set of after bulking lost skin laxity documented, both the tightness with the bigger muscles and the laxity with the smaller muscles or a problem rectified by bulking.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    Advertising for a retired practice? Now that makes a great deal of sense. Retired doctors no longer offer surgery.

Just like in buying a used car, why walk around the entire vehicle when a used car salesman says the whole thing is just fine. I would rather walk around see the whole car review its repair history and see how it drives than trust marketing hype. but then perhaps that car was not rear ended. Knowledge is power. Use it or risk the unknown.

Perhaps surgery went well. However, how about the many who came to me for help after being operated by other surgeons who did not do as well? I did an audit for a few years and found over 500 requests for my help after gynecomastia surgery done elsewhere when liposuction alone was done leaving gland behind. So technique matters as does education. I may no longer operate, but I can share my experience and knowledge.

and if you could teach someone bodybuilding without hurting themselves, would that not be better than seeing them in pain from making mistakes that you learned how to avoid?

But yes, the surgery can have an awesome impact on ones lives. I have so many patient experiences posted with similar stories. Some stopped by years later just to thank me for the life changing contouring. Now the office is closed, but they still write me. It is so nice a change and many have expressed how frustrated they were trying to convince parents before surgery. That is another reason I post, to let people know what can be done, even if it is not going to be by me.

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    My apologies. I missed the part that you were retired. Of course your experience and knowledge is appreciated. But I think the first step to take is educating the public and getting the problem out in the open rather than compare Dr Blau's approach to surgery to yours. This problem has to hit mainstream. Still too many people who do not have the condition won't accept that it exists and can have a very negative impact on ones life. For those who have it, speak up!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Id rather trust a doctor with experience than a bunch of guys on a forum, just saying. He posts in other threads and is a wealth of information to the bodybuilding.com forum, not selling anything.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

My apologies. I missed the part that you were retired. Of course your experience and knowledge is appreciated. But I think the first step to take is educating the public and getting the problem out in the open rather than compare -approach to surgery to yours. This problem has to hit mainstream. Still too many people who do not have the condition won't accept that it exists and can have a very negative impact on ones life. For those who have it, speak up!

How sad. have you even bothered to look at my resources?

But I think the first step to take is educating the public and getting the problem out in the open
    I have been educating the public about gynecomastia for about 4 decades. Online I have put this problem about gynecomastia for almost 16 years. You can use the Way Back Machine to see some of the later efforts as early as I think 14 years ago. I have looked, and have yet to find anyone online efforts to predate mine. I have won awards for my Plastic Surgery Educational work. I have been honored by my peers for these efforts.

So, I took that "first step" many many years ago.

This is not about just my technique vs any specific other doctor's method. It is about understanding the problem and the real result.
    Over the years I saw many patients unhappy after other surgeons' efforts coming to me asking for help to revise defects caused by other methods. I have published some of these experiences so that the public can learn to look beyond advertising hype to see the problem and what was done. To learn to understand how tissues look when bodybuilding, swimming, playing sports, or other activities. I am no longer available to revise problems, but I can continue this educational effort. One or two before after pictures with arms at the sides just does not tell the whole story or problem nor supposed solution. Extended Crater Defect After Failed Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. Take some time to look at just the simple arms at the side front views, then use the page's design to see why one needs to open one's eyes and expand the analysis to see what is going on. It was so sad when patients came to me complaining that their surgeon would not take pictures of their chest after surgery flexing the muscles or arms up overhead to document the contours, so I started showing some of the problems I was being asked to solve. So others can lean and benefit from this knowledge.

My Gynecomastia Encyclopedia effort is now one of the largest resources about gynecomastia online. There are thousands of before, during and after pictures, movies, and videos I have published online. I did the surgery (except on the cases I indicate as in the above example), built the web pages, edited the videos, created the drawings, did my own desk top publishing patient education and documentation, all myself. My effort. Our Gynecomastia Forum is integrated with these resources. On each forum page, there is a floating toolbar giving direct access to these tools.

Do you want to educate the public about this issue? Well then go ahead. On the bottom of each Encyclopedia page I added social networking tools to share them and empower others to help me in this ongoing effort. Want to contribute your personal experiences, share more images, post your insights, educate your own views? Post them here or if you want to separate your bodybuilding online identity from your gynecomastia online presence for privacy, then our forum is set up just for that effort. On each post there are also social networking tools to spread the word and continue this passion of mine for so many years. The need for education continues. Why else do you think a retired surgeon is taking the time to teach on a forum? Why do you think I continue to spend time building these tools to empower the public to spread the word about this emotional problem? We welcome those who want to contribute and join us in this educational effort.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Id rather trust a doctor with experience than a bunch of guys on a forum, just saying. He posts in other threads and is a wealth of information to the bodybuilding.com forum, not selling anything.
    Thank you for the kind words. Over 9 years ago shortly after I joined Bodybuiding.com, I was approached by a Moderator to do a question and answer thread about gyno / gynecomastia to dispel the myths and approach the problem in an educational approach. That thread was a sticky for years and I missed when it had to leave since it was part of the anabolic part of the site. It was a fun effort. The problems remain, there are still those coming here who have do not seem to understand the nature of the problem of the efforts put in on their behalf for basic education.

I have expanded the concept since. I am trying to see how my methods of documentation can be used to document bodybuilding and muscle contour improvement, or for that matter what happens after when peak build is no longer maintained. Like with pregnancy, stretched skin can become a factor. Which brings us to the next project: can we help those who suffer loose skin after weight loss with muscle building to fill that envelope? To what degree is it helping? What is the price after no longer being able to maintain it? How do my standard views need to be again modified to deal with this contouring issue. These standards have already evolved over the years. I added the After Gynecomastia and after weight loss views to augment the critical analysis for those components. How might the standard set be modified for the next mission or for documenting weight loss itself?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified