Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    Breast growth is breast growth. Hormone influences growth of gland and fat components. Weight gain only works on the fat.

On the breast, the primary effect of estrogen is to stimulate growth in the ductal portion of the gland. Prolactin cause enlargement of the mammary glands of the breasts and increases the production of milk. Each hormone has other effects on the body. However, the balance of the body's hormone system is a delicate interplay of the different elements. A change in one changes others. I have seen patients with excess estrogen yet producing milk. It was not one item but the reaction of the body's hormone balance.

So the moral of the story is, just because one item is taken, the rest of the body reacts and the male breast gland and fat then are exposed to the resultant stimulation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Thanks. It's an interesting topic for sure. I hope these guys using the OTC pro-hormones/steroids read this and understand that Estrogen isn't the only issue causing gyno.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fatesuxaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    doctor, please stop calling them breasts. you're making us feel really bad.

bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10) bc1r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gobster View Post
    Hi there

does anyone else out thier have the same problem as me, i have puffy nipples like nearly most of the time, apart from when i come out of the shower of when i am cold

im not sure what the problem is , my nipples are exceedingly large to is thier any ways to reduce this

is this a fat problem or somethin else

i think i have mild gyno but not serious enough for surgury.

i do chest once a week in order to tone them and only see gains when i tense...

advise please

thanks
    toothpaste on ur nipples.
    makes them go hard.

lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have this problem as well, have since as far as I can remember. I was mostly fat and skinny fat throughout my childhood so it was way worse, now that my body fat is ~10% and I bodybuild its less persistent but its still there. When my nipples are flaccid (?) they look somewhat pointy/saggy. A swipe with my hand across my nipples makes them erect and it instantly goes away. even when the nipples are somewhat erect it still looks somewhat normal. So no, losing body fat and gaining chest muscle wont solve the problem 100%, I still touch my chest before I take off my shirt in public, but afterward it looks normal like in my profile pic. I don't really notice as much anymore, its become natural to touch my nipples first. I wish it wasn't there though. I would never wear a tight shirt without having a beater underneath.
    Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere.

lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in addition, I'm sure if I get below 8% bodyfat and reduce my sodium levels, the problem will be even less noticeable. However, its tough to reduce my sodium. I can't go without draping everything in hot sauce and I eat canned tuna/chicken daily and that really puts onto my sodium count as well.
    Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Google Letro Gyno reversal theraby.
    https://www.egyfitness.com

Davyster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-

I currently have 11.6% body fat and I have extremely puffy nipples. I've been working out consistently for 5 months, I've lost a lot of weight, gained a lot of strength. Dramatically improved my diet but the nipples have stayed the same. I can not make them go away no matter what I do...I think once I gain more muscle in my chest hopefully it goes away but so far I've seen no improvement. I'm still embarrassed to wear tight clothes or even take my shirt off just because of these damn marshmallows I have on my chest.

blizardwizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Davyster View Post
    I currently have 11.6% body fat and I have extremely puffy nipples. I've been working out consistently for 5 months, I've lost a lot of weight, gained a lot of strength. Dramatically improved my diet but the nipples have stayed the same. I can not make them go away no matter what I do...I think once I gain more muscle in my chest hopefully it goes away but so far I've seen no improvement. I'm still embarrassed to wear tight clothes or even take my shirt off just because of these damn marshmallows I have on my chest.
    Second that here, went from 25% to 15% and I'm still dropping. Changed the diet, lifestyle, and gained alot of muscle. But I still have the big puffy nipples, and enlarged breast tissue in the chest. I'm currently consulting with a physician to get it surgically corrected. He wants to wait until I've dropped more fat.

BaronSkull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy depressing problem...

i have puffy nipples for around 6 years. they appeared when i gained weight instantly. i am 16 years old and weighted 225lb 3 months ago but now i am 183lb. my body fat % is still around 20%. this is very depressing problem and it ruined my life. i thought i have glyco, but i don't have lump and nips react to coldness or any kind of stimulation. i am pretty sure that i only have fat built up. i did not go to my doctor about that problem, but i am going to. i became vegetarian, i work out and i am on calorie deficit diet. i think it looks better, the overall breast part, but nipples are still puffy. is there any temporary solution, because it ruins my life i always hide it and it is very embarrassing. my chest look pretty flat and there is no blob.
    PLEASE RESPOND TO ME I AM DESPERATE!!!

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BaronSkull View Post
    i have puffy nipples for around 6 years. they appeared when i gained weight instantly. i am 16 years old and weighted 225lb 3 months ago but now i am 183lb. my body fat % is still around 20%. this is very depressing problem and it ruined my life. i thought i have glyco, but i don't have lump and nips react to coldness or any kind of stimulation. i am pretty sure that i only have fat built up. i did not go to my doctor about that problem, but i am going to. i became vegetarian, i work out and i am on calorie deficit diet. i think it looks better, the overall breast part, but nipples are still puffy. is there any temporary solution, because it ruins my life i always hide it and it is very embarrassing. my chest look pretty flat and there is no blob.
    PLEASE RESPOND TO ME I AM DESPERATE!!!
    Hey Baron

If you don't have a lump then it can only be fat, which can be lost. As you cannot spot reduce, you have two options: Try to get lean enough so that the puffiness disappears or have the tissue surgically removed.

Are you 16 years old as it says below your avatar? If so, you may also find that the puffiness goes away in the coming years. Often, gyno comes and goes with puberty!

Good luck
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

BaronSkull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    Hey Baron

If you don't have a lump then it can only be fat, which can be lost. As you cannot spot reduce, you have two options: Try to get lean enough so that the puffiness disappears or have the tissue surgically removed.

Are you 16 years old as it says below your avatar? If so, you may also find that the puffiness goes away in the coming years. Often, gyno comes and goes with puberty!

Good luck
    thanks! I am 16 and around 6'1'' high and i was never too fat, but i had that problem. I am loosing weight now and things are getting better. I am working out like mad, i only eat vegetables with exception of some king of baked pastry once a week. The thing is, i can not wait for nature to solve this problem by itself. I find it very embarrassing, and since it ruined my self esteem, i was always dark-minded about everything. It even went that far that i have never had enough confidence to tell a girl i like her........yea it screwed me pretty hard but now i am screwing back!

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BaronSkull View Post
    thanks! I am 16 and around 6'1'' high and i was never too fat, but i had that problem. I am loosing weight now and things are getting better. I am working out like mad, i only eat vegetables with exception of some king of baked pastry once a week. The thing is, i can not wait for nature to solve this problem by itself. I find it very embarrassing, and since it ruined my self esteem, i was always dark-minded about everything. It even went that far that i have never had enough confidence to tell a girl i like her........yea it screwed me pretty hard but now i am screwing back!
    Please educate yourself on weight loss as your strategy is anything but prudent! You need protein and fats... take a look at the stickies in the fat loss section
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasssooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe inclines could help?

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have this problem and my weight is really low/have a low BF%. I hate having this, lol.

I can never wear a white shirt, I always have to wear an undershirt, I never take my shirt off in public, etc.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    I have this problem and my weight is really low/have a low BF%. I hate having this, lol.

I can never wear a white shirt, I always have to wear an undershirt, I never take my shirt off in public, etc.
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When there is a gland component, even extreme low body fat can result in a contour problem as can be seen in this example Bodybulider with Gynecomastia. Check the Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia to understand why. The deformity consists of gland, fat and skin. Just because you minimize the fat, does not make the gland go away. In fact, low fat can unmask small gland components that otherwise would be obscured by the fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go see your doctor and he/she will confirm if it's gyno or not

I have had mine since I was an underweight teenager at 13 yrs old, so lived with bad gyno for 24 years now finally going to get my operation next year

Try make sure your diet is in check, reduce bodyfat, and heavy bench/dips/inclines (won't make this go away, but I know gyno on a 30 inch flat chest looks worse than gyno on a 49 inch set of pecs)
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

boyskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im 19 years old and weigh only 125lbs, but my nipples have been like this for at least 5 years. I hate that i cant wear white shirts or tight ones. I dont do anything that requires me to take off my shirt, and if i do i make sure i scratch my nipples to get them hard and normal looking. This has really taken a toll on my self-esteem and sex life, and was wondering what i should do!?!

Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bogggy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just drop bodyfat as much as possible, and build chest muscle I guess

LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LAL10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone got rid of them??

anon666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's the food and the drugs we consume. People who eat healthy (non processed) and exercise do not get them. I'm kind of tired of hearing "gyno" immediately every time there's a question and the only cure is surgery.

chrxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anon666 View Post
    It's the food and the drugs we consume. People who eat healthy (non processed) and exercise do not get them. I'm kind of tired of hearing "gyno" immediately every time there's a question and the only cure is surgery.
    easy for you to say.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" -Albert Einstein

My weightloss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142650731&p=838704541#post838704541

jojofofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I want them gone!

Hi, all of you guys look like your old built and muscular with this problem. im a scrawny small 14 year old and i have this problem. im not fat, but im on vaca and dont want to go in the pool because of my nipples. I want to try getting rid of some body fat because i might b a lil fat. not rly but i have a small lare of something between my stomach muscle. If im lazy but still want to try, whats the best way for me to get rid of body fat? (running, walking, jogging, biking?)

Originally Posted by jojofofo View Post
    Hi, all of you guys look like your old built and muscular with this problem. im a scrawny small 14 year old and i have this problem. im not fat, but im on vaca and dont want to go in the pool because of my nipples. I want to try getting rid of some body fat because i might b a lil fat. not rly but i have a small lare of something between my stomach muscle. If im lazy but still want to try, whats the best way for me to get rid of body fat? (running, walking, jogging, biking?)
    Have a look at this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

You can try to post a pic or two of your problem so we can see if it's only in your head. Again, you're a young guy and there's a really good chance that your problem will go away with time
    My recommended reading

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    Have a look at this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

You can try to post a pic or two of your problem so we can see if it's only in your head. Again, you're a young guy and there's a really good chance that your problem will go away with time
    I hope mine will go away, getting old though...
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

Johnnysoto10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same thing and im barely 16 ... So does that mean i have to get surgery to make them look normal?

IMikeI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bit late to post.. but yeah..
    I also have the same thing. I'm 19, 5'11" and about 16% bf. I lost quite a bit of weight, and they have gotten a BIT better. Just a bit.
    I'm tired of this crap, i'm going to be training crazy cardio this summer WHILE earning money. I'm saving for surgery. If I see no results by winter break, i'm just going to get surgery. I'm tired of this ****.
    Costs quite a bit of money for surgery, around 3-5k. But hell, I honestly would pay up to 20k to get rid of this problem.

FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FisherXJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yah i have the same problem...

Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lower BF%

none of you have gyno
    If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you. Success is no accident.

Originally Posted by Ryanast View Post
    lower BF%

none of you have gyno
    My BF% is really low and I still have gyno.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    My BF% is really low and I still have gyno.
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Over the decades of my career I have seen many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. I always advocated Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery as the best approach. That is an example of one the many of my patients who lost weight before considering surgery.

Yet, you need to understand the Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. Just as in a pubescent female breast (which is the counterpart of male puffy nipples), the contour is comprised of fat, skin, and gland. No amount of weight loss will get rid of gland as you can see on this Competition Bodybuilder with Gynecomastia and Low Body Fat. Yet, I also agree that Body Fat Analysis is a valuable tool that each of my patients had their body fat measured in my office to demonstrate and document the issue. It is an important enough issue that I continue to see developments in these tools Discussion Wi-Fi Scales and Body Fat Analyzers, I like the WiFi units coupled with the smart phone, tablet, or computer.

But that alone is not enough. That is why I evolved my Standard Pictures of Gynecomastia something to document the contour of the male chest. I find it fascinating that someone can comment that the solution is weight loss without even understanding or seeing a poster's problem! Advice without even looking? If someone posted a complete set of photos, height, weight, and body fat percentage, then I could understand a recommendation of weight loss or lower body fat first for that individual.

For the best motivation, I like the tools of using both the numbers of the scale body fat analysis coupled with sequential pictures. While not a factor for puffy nipples, when major weight is an issue then the loose skin component needs to be evaluated as well. Standard Pictures for Loose Tissues Male Chest and Gynecomastia, Standard Pictures Loose Tissues Stomach, Abdomen, and Tummy Tuck, and Standard Pictures for Loose Tissues Lower Body depending on the degree of the problem and solution so far.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com