grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Erratic weight gain

So I've been bulking since September, with excellent results. I started at 195 and have since gained 35 solid pounds- rate of about 1.5 lbs per week. Recently, though, I've been adding weight at an incredible rate- nearly 3 lbs. per week. My diet is the same, no new habits, and lifting just as hard (or harder) than ever, but I've added easily 10 lbs in the last month. The reason I'm concerned is because people always say any more than 2 lbs a week is probably fat. Is there any explanation as to why I'm suddenly gaining weight so much faster this late in a bulk? BTW, I would not say I'm getting fatter. In fact, I can't even tell where the weight is being added. Any input is appreciated.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy
    So I've been bulking since September, with excellent results. I started at 195 and have since gained 35 solid pounds- rate of about 1.5 lbs per week. Recently, though, I've been adding weight at an incredible rate- nearly 3 lbs. per week. My diet is the same, no new habits, and lifting just as hard (or harder) than ever, but I've added easily 10 lbs in the last month. The reason I'm concerned is because people always say any more than 2 lbs a week is probably fat. Is there any explanation as to why I'm suddenly gaining weight so much faster this late in a bulk? BTW, I would not say I'm getting fatter. In fact, I can't even tell where the weight is being added. Any input is appreciated.
    Diet is EXACTLY THE SAME? Cause small mods can cause a change in metabolism and water retention. I dont know though, that sounds like you are doing well for yourself, esp if you cant tell if you are getting fat. I'd say keep on keepin on. I will say that there is no possible way to gain 2, even 3 lbs of muscle per week, atleast for an extended period of time, esp if you arent a newbie. I have gained 25lbs since october, but recently my gains have slowed weight wise, but I'm finally getting way stonger, more solid, and leaner, which is a good thing.

rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gymratluke
    Diet is EXACTLY THE SAME? Cause small mods can cause a change in metabolism and water retention.
    Well, diet is not exactly the same simply because I'm not following a set diet. I more or less what I want, within reason of course, but I'd still say that for all practical purposes, yeah, it's the same. I think I'm gonna start my "beach season" cut next week anyway, so it's really not that big a deal either way. Just curious. Thanks for the input.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Anyone else?