Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bizarre will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i dont get it..wtf is this?

i just saw this: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...PowerLift.html

exercise, what i dont get is what is it different from normal benching? and is it any good?

Registered User ImThinkNAboudIt's Avatar
    ImThinkNAboudIt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

It's a power lifting movement. You can press more weight in that position. But I feel it's only good for 1-3 Rep Maxs. It's not for Bodybuilding it's for Strength/Power.
    GONE

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't get it
    how's it different from a normal bench press
    the pic seemd fuzzy to me maybe I missed it
    all I noticed was the guys feet where like right below his ass

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this is the correct and more safer way to bench.

but i don't like this site for exercises... they don't show it that good.

THIS is a correct bench press :

http://www.carolinapower.net/videos/..._644_rawbp.WMV

notice this was a 644lbs raw bench press

but you should see how he lowers the wieght then presses it back up. beautiful movement.

Thumbs up

That is not the correct way or a more safer way. For Working Out, that is. You might as well be doing DECLINE BARBELL PRESSES because you have to arch your back so much, to preform this movement correctly. It's nothing but a cheating movement for FLAT BENCHING.

All you are doing is pushing your chest out farther, so you don't have to come down so far. It decreases the distance of the press.

Now if POWER LIFTING is your thing, then it's great. But like I said, before, it's just like DECLINE PRESSES.
    GONE

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    this is the correct and more safer way to bench.

but i don't like this site for exercises... they don't show it that good.

THIS is a correct bench press :

http://www.carolinapower.net/videos/..._644_rawbp.WMV

notice this was a 644lbs raw bench press

but you should see how he lowers the wieght then presses it back up. beautiful movement.
    That was pretty smooth.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: i dont get it..wtf is this?

Originally posted by Bizarre
    i just saw this: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...PowerLift.html

exercise, what i dont get is what is it different from normal benching? and is it any good?

maybe it's just me, but that looks like a regular flat bench??
    Booo

Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

not a regular bench

If you look close, you'll notice his lower back is not touching the bench while his upper back is. This puts more stress on the shoulders than a regular "flat bench" with your entire back against the bench. Like mentioned above its a powerlifting technique, good for more power, but IMO shouldn't be used for more than 5 reps at most.
    "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts." -Willy Wonka

dssea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah you're triceps and shoulder drive more. You push down on your feet and it drives your back up to some arch. Plus you grip the bar like you are tring to snap it or pull it apart.
    loadedbar.com
    Weight 175
    Height 5'7"
    Bench 345
    Deadlift 425
    Squat 450

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    benching is benching. and imo, power benching is a lot safer than the knee-crossed-in-the-air bench, because our goal (well at least mine) is not only to lift big, but to lift for many, many years.

sure you shouldn't arch like a madman, but a natural arch is very good.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In every website or person that has ever told me how to bench properly, I've always been told to stick the chest out, retract the shoulder blades, and keep my hips and shoulders in contact with the bench at all times. I don't think one person has ever said to me"You must keep your entire back in contact with the bench at all times for it to qualify as good form."

Originally posted by ImThinkNAboudIt
    That is not the correct way or a more safer way. For Working Out, that is.
    And who are you to say this?
    Last edited by Retardo-pex; 11-06-2002 at 02:56 PM.

Smile

Originally posted by Retardo-pex
    In every website or person that has ever told me how to bench properly, I've always been told to stick the chest out, retract the shoulder blades, and keep my hips and shoulders in contact with the bench at all times. I don't think one person has ever said to me"You must keep your entire back in contact with the bench at all times for it to qualify as good form."

And who are you to say this?

A very educated person when it comes to Bodybuilding. If you are looking for a fight, I am not the person.

Bro, I got 13 + years in this sport/lifestyle and I have been to many Gyms over the years. And I have trained with a lot of people. Do I know everything, NO, I don't. I am a student for life.

But this I do know about. Like I said and you quoted me on it. That is not a better way to work out. IT'S A POWER LIFTING MOVEMENT. Not a work set. Hence the title of the movement POWER LIFTING BENCH PRESS.

Now, what you described being told about, is the correct way TO WORK OUT. But this movement that Bizarre asked about, is not. He wanted to know what the difference is.

If you could see it done correctly or even tried it your self, you would know this. All it dose it let you get a few more pounds up on your 1 Rep Max. You will not get a work out from it. You basically use your pecs and every other muscle in your body to jerk/press the weight up.

All I have to say is think before you speak and if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't talk about it. Read about it, ask questions about it, learn about it but don't make stuff up. That is one of the many rules I live by. YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT. I am sure a lot of people will agree.

P.S. Who are you, to question me? LMFAO Relax bro. Don't just learn something new everyday, learn a lot of things.
    GONE

Inzah Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn't do that when your benching. You should push the bar up in a straight line. If you do it like that I think i heard somewhere that it can be dangerous to your shoulders or rotator cuffs or something. Not sure about that though. Anyone know what im talking about?

dssea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like stated above, it is a powerlifting movement. It also takes time to get used to to build up on weight.

Just read this article about the proper movement. YOu will be able to compare the differences from this article to your normal lift.

http://www.iherve.com/fitness/bench_press.html
    loadedbar.com
    Weight 175
    Height 5'7"
    Bench 345
    Deadlift 425
    Squat 450

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If look at both forms of benching on that website, the only differnce is the leg positioning and the power one has a slight groove in the bar path. When I think of jrks, I see someone pushing the weight while simultaneously pulling their body under it, I don't think I've ever seen a powerlifter's legal lift allow them to move very much on the bench.