Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by smssambear19 View Post
    Keep it going Rosie. Looks like you are getting back in the swing of things...glad to see that your doing better. Can't say much as I haven't had a chance to catch up really, but from what I have browsed through its looking good. When I get a chance over the weekend I'll chip in more...damn personal matters been a pain in the ass recently. Anyway, just letting ya know I'm still following along and doing my best to keep up the support!
    Is all good. I know all about personal matters, and yep, sometimes they can really screw things up. Never mind; we keep on a truckin'
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Day 41

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0130-0800 (waking at 0615 and 0725), so ~6.5 hours sleep. My flatmate HAD to talk last night and it kept on going on and on and ON...Made for one pretty tired girl this morning. But, things came right in the end. Decided to allow myself the day OFF (yes, Sean, she's gone 'soft', but only for today!), and get back into the swing of it all again tomorrow...

Mental Alertness: Had to have my game face on this afternoon.

Energy: Pretty tired this morning. Picked up at the rugby.

Motivation: Still ok.

Mood: Somewhere between happy and something else...

Endurance: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Still pretty good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Body Composition and Look: Looking better.

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS all over, LOL. But at least it means I've done SOMETHING this week!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just found your log and read you were a cyclists! Wow! I'm kinda interested in cycling now lol But I'm more of an enthusiast Good job with this log by the way!
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    still reading...still impressed. BTW is your badyspace down on purpose? was going to comment there...

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    just found your log and read you were a cyclists! Wow! I'm kinda interested in cycling now lol But I'm more of an enthusiast
    Hiya. Yeah, I WAS a cyclist. In another life. Not now; I retired at the end of last year. "Kinda"? You don't train and do the mileage I did if you were an "enthusaist". Anyways, hope it all goes well for you; I'm trying to stay away from that world as much as possible, else I'll want to be back there, knowing where I was when I left and where I would be if I returned...

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Good job with this log by the way!
    Thank you
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Originally Posted by matoatoa View Post
    still reading...still impressed. BTW is your badyspace down on purpose? was going to comment there...
    Thanks. And yes, it is...You can leave comments here if you like...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matoatoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks Rosie...just wanted to ask if you have any knowledge about the relationship between high protein intake and artery blockages...someone was telling me about "hyposyteme' (sp???) was not able to locate anything by google with this spelling. Just looking at your log again I guess its relevant question for here and wondering if it comes up as part of your regular blood testing procedure?

thanks Rosie...just wanted to ask if you have any knowledge about the relationship between high protein intake and artery blockages...someone was telling me about "hyposyteme' (sp???) was not able to locate anything by google with this spelling. Just looking at your log again I guess its relevant question for here and wondering if it comes up as part of your regular blood testing procedure?
    The key thing to remember there, is that when people are 'connecting' artery blockage with high protein, it is usually with very FATTY protein (and other dietary factors, such as high fat, high cholesterol, etc.; as well as lifestyle factors, like not being active, smoking, etc.). You will NOT get artery blockages simply by having a high protein intake!!! As with obesity, it is a multifactoral process!!!

Spelt 'hyposteme'.

No; it never comes up as part of my bloods. It's actually not relevant at all.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 42

1020 - 5.5km Run:
    Ok, so today wasn't brilliant, either. Actually, I felt pretty ****e, but was keen to get out and do something, and was hoping that my runs earlier in the week were just because I needed some rest. As it was...today's first km was 4.12 minutes, the second 4.23 minutes, and the third...Well; I started slowing down somewhere in the third (but not as fast as I did on Friday!), and ended up finishing my run at 4.48 min/km. My body didn't want to be running today, and so I let it lope along at granny pace, resisting very strongly the thought to just slow right down and walk for the last km! (Yes, bad thought; good that you kept at it, though...)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2130-0800 (waking at 0659), so ~10.5 hours sleep. Needed it after the night before, LOL...Dreams...

Mental Alertness: Read through some articles; decided to leave the rest until tomorrow and watched a movie instead...

Energy: Surviving, LOL.

Motivation: Wanting, but having to grit my teeth...

Mood: Not sure. If I start laughing it's hard to stop. Mixing scowls with smiles.

Endurance: Grrr...

Pump and Vascularity: N/C.

Quality of Training: Wasn't happy with it.

Body Composition and Look: Arms and delts looking good. Have been getting a lot of comments on my legs lately; they are looking very muscular, especially quads and calves. My legs are starting to 'overpower' my figure again. I wish that I gained muscle as easily on my upper body. I will have to STOP doing anything for my legs for a while...

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS in upper lats. Small niggle in right shoulder. Apart from that, ok.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Overview of Week 6

Yep, halfway through my log already; the time has gone by soooo fast!

BODY STATISTICS

Body Mass: 52 kg (i.e. 114 pounds)
    Body Composition: I AM leaner.

Comments: Mass hasn't changed, but I have DEFINTELY lost BF. Means that I am keeping that muscle, which is what I want.

BLOOD STATISTICS

RBC: 5.8 xE12/L (Normal range 3.9-5.5)
    Hb: 117 g/L (Normal range 115-155)

Comments: All ok. Hb is still in the 'Normal' range, which is good.

RESTING HEART RATE: Back down to 35 bpm. So, all good.

Things are looking ok. Life is still 'settling' down a little; taking more time than it should. But hey, as long as it gets there...From now on, I know what I need to do regarding training. Some days may need to be taken off, since my body has been battling me for a while now against this regime. As long as results continue to be made and progress is always FORWARD, then I can be flexible...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile I'm baaackk!

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    1020 - 5.5km Run:
    Ok, so today wasn't brilliant, either. Actually, I felt pretty ****e, but was keen to get out and do something, and was hoping that my runs earlier in the week were just because I needed some rest. As it was...today's first km was 4.12 minutes, the second 4.23 minutes, and the third...Well; I started slowing down somewhere in the third (but not as fast as I did on Friday!), and ended up finishing my run at 4.48 min/km. My body didn't want to be running today, and so I let it lope along at granny pace, resisting very strongly the thought to just slow right down and walk for the last km! (Yes, bad thought; good that you kept at it, though...)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2130-0800 (waking at 0659), so ~10.5 hours sleep. Needed it after the night before, LOL...Dreams...

Mental Alertness: Read through some articles; decided to leave the rest until tomorrow and watched a movie instead...

Energy: Surviving, LOL.

Motivation: Wanting, but having to grit my teeth...

Mood: Not sure. If I start laughing it's hard to stop. Mixing scowls with smiles.

Endurance: Grrr...

Pump and Vascularity: N/C.

Quality of Training: Wasn't happy with it.

Body Composition and Look: Arms and delts looking good. Have been getting a lot of comments on my legs lately; they are looking very muscular, especially quads and calves. My legs are starting to 'overpower' my figure again. I wish that I gained muscle as easily on my upper body. I will have to STOP doing anything for my legs for a while...

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS in upper lats. Small niggle in right shoulder. Apart from that, ok.
    Hey there Rosie. I know the feeling about the legs...I have to stop training my legs as well...pants are not fitting right anymore...my pants get my quads and well its just too tight of a squeeze and then when I have them on my waist its loose in the waist, but extremely tight around my legs and I hate that restricted feeling...GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Its no surprise your hearing comments about your legs...honestly I mean this in a very complimentary way...your lower body is ridiculous...I mean your built better than most guys twice your size. I believe that your career as a cyclist definitely shows. Not only does your lower body show it, but your strength numbers do as well. Needless to say you continue to amaze me. Keep on rockin girl!!!

A curious question though...do you think it would be possible for you to strictly train for strength in your legs while minimizing mass growth? I've pulled it off before thats why I ask. Everyone's body is different is too. Eh then again you do know what is best for you so I'll shut up and leave it at that.
    A Lion called DILIGAFF!!!

Walk Your Own Path! Become a Disciple of pain and put your body through the hell on earth it takes to be a bodybuilder, without further ado....Bring the pain!

Its no surprise your hearing comments about your legs...honestly I mean this in a very complimentary way...your lower body is ridiculous...I mean your built better than most guys twice your size. I believe that your career as a cyclist definitely shows. Not only does your lower body show it, but your strength numbers do as well. Needless to say you continue to amaze me. Keep on rockin girl!!!
    Thanks But (and yes, you may be surprised), actually my cycling WASN'T what built my legs up; they've been like that as long as I can remember, and people have been commenting on them since I was young. I think it was just the fact that I've always eaten heaps and always done loads of exercise! The strength, though, was probably from the cycling.

A curious question though...do you think it would be possible for you to strictly train for strength in your legs while minimizing mass growth? I've pulled it off before thats why I ask. Everyone's body is different is too. Eh then again you do know what is best for you so I'll shut up and leave it at that.
    I think anyone could train for strength while minimizing muscle growth. Personally, I don't need extra strength in my legs, nor size. So, doing legwork is not a priority for me at all. And yeah, I do know what's best for me.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thanks Rosie for the notes and precision around the question of protein and arteries....wil follow up but your points about it are clear.cheers...

I know the feeling about the legs...I have to stop training my legs as well...pants are not fitting right anymore...my pants get my quads and well its just too tight of a squeeze and then when I have them on my waist its loose in the waist, but extremely tight around my legs and I hate that restricted feeling...GRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    but talking about muscular legs and fitting pants...in the early 1990s, in New Zealand, Levi's eastablished a special straight cut of jean for the local polynesian market...many of whom have strong quads and some would argue, a short leg to torso ratio. As a kid, I wasn't huge in the thighs but remembered that getting jeans to fit past them wasn't always easy. Retailers had a lot of tapered leg, skinny tight jeans...now straights and wider are most popular.

Thanks Rosie for the notes and precision around the question of protein and arteries....wil follow up but your points about it are clear. Cheers...
    You're welcome. Glad I can be of SOME use...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 43

1130 - 5.5km Run:
    This was interesting today. First km was 4.23 minutes, the second faster at 4.06 minutes. So, back to old patterns, where it takes a km to get into it. My body felt like it did yesterday during my run. I slowed down towards the end of the third km to ~4.48 min/km pace...But...I wasn't going to have my body 'bail' on me for another session, and somehow (I know; I'm looking around in amazement too!) I managed to up the pace (even though it sure as hell DIDN'T feel like it!) pulling out 4.07 min/km for the last ~1.5km! Just goes to show...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-1027 (waking at 0036-0016, 0315, 0423, 0659, and 0800), so ~9.75 hours sleep. Very restless and broken sleep. Very tired on waking at all the alarms. Had a very upset tummy (think maybe that tuna I ate yesterday wasn't so great). Not at all happy with the lateness. Missed all morning classes; went for a run instead of going to the last one. This has got to STOP!!!

Mental Alertness: Was ok earlier this afternoon. but after staring at a plasma screen for a couple of hours trying to do my TMA analysis has made me a little frustrated. Got to knock that perfectionism on the head at some point. Some is ok, but too much is, well...I need to pull it together and get into some serious assignment work tonight...

Energy: No complaints, but not really needed it so far.

Motivation: Yeah, ok.

Mood: Tired.

Endurance: Not sure.

Pump and Vascularity: Same as usual.

Quality of Training: Interesting.

Body Composition and Look: Legs still looking muscular. The muscles in my upper back are starting to look more developed (the boxing is helping here) too...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ok.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 03-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 44

0830 - 5.5km Run:
    Well, look what she pulled out of the hat today! I started off strong and fast, and I felt it too. My first km was 3.88 minutes! I did slow down, though, to 4.2 min/km after that, but, I'm stoked; at least I KNOW that I can still do it. I even managed to get a sprint out for the last ~100 metres! Rapt!

1510 - Box:
    a. 2 x 60 seconds on/10 seconds off
    b. 1 x 1 minute on/1 minute off
    c. 4 x 2 minutes on/10 seconds off
    d. 1 x 1 minute on/1 minute off
    e. 3 x 90 seconds on/10 seconds off
    Constant moving, today. There was no aggression, but it was one of the better sessions that I've had. Halfway through left shoulder started hurting, but kept on at it. Glad I did.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0730 (waking 0315, 0423, and 0659), so ~9 hours sleep. Another very restless, broken night; I keep needing to get up, and head was racing with thoughts that should be left to the day. Some dreams; not very memorable, though. I need to STOP sleeping so much; it's NOT helping my energy levels at all!

Mental Alertness: Was pretty there early afternoon. Started getting 'off topic' at about 1430, and then again at 1630. Ok now, though. I have 2 assignments to finish...

Energy: Great so far. Only lapse was from ~1700-1800, when I suddenly felt knocked for a 6...

Motivation: Keeps coming in strength...

Mood: I was asked today, 'what are you on' and 'could I have some too'. So, Rosie is on a roll...

Endurance: Great

Pump and Vascularity: Better in biceps today. Still same old ropes everywhere else...

Quality of Training: Awesome!

Body Composition and Look: Upper body looking leaner. Definitely seeing the added muscle there.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Lots of smiles today. Feeling better. Want to start getting back into training PROPERLY from now on, please...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 45

Please bear with me, as I try and get back into routine. Been thrown out a bit by the last week or so, and now with Easter coming up and gym hours being funny, and assignments due, but I'm getting there.

0430 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 minutes jogging
    b. 4 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy
    c. 1 x 50 seconds work/10 seconds easy
    d. 12 x 20-25 seconds on/5-10 seconds easy
    e. 1 x 50 seconds work/10 seconds easy
    f. 4 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy
    g. 4 minutes jogging
    Got a sharp twinge in right delt insertion at 6 minutes in, but didn't last very long. Rest of run ok.

Gym - Shoulders/Abs:
    1. BB SP 1 x 12, 2 x 10, 1 x 8 (1 minute recovery)
    2. DB SP 1 x 10, 3 x 8 (1 minute recovery)
    3. DB LR 4 x 10 (1 minute recovery)
    4. Inc Lying DB RR 4 x 10 (1 minute recovery)
    5. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. swissball jackknife x 10, c. rope crunch x 10] (30 seconds recovery)
    Right delt insertion started burning during second set of BB SP. Pressed on, though. Started affecting DB SP, and had to go down in weight. DB LR able to go heavier than last week. Abs good this week. Have decided NOT to do the boxing session I planned on this afternoon, and let my shoulder 'rest' and 'recover'.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Still restless sleeping. Maybe I should go back to listening to music as I go to sleep...

Mental Alertness: I'm preparing for an all-nighter, so it had better last all day AND night and then some more!

Energy: Was a bit wobbly for a while, but all set now...

Motivation: Confident.

Mood: Happy.

Pump and Vascularity: Same old, same old.

Strength: Better.

Body Composition and Look: Back still looking good. Delts coming along nicely, too.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face today
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile Bear with you? Your still going strong!

Please bear with me, as I try and get back into routine. Been thrown out a bit by the last week or so, and now with Easter coming up and gym hours being funny, and assignments due, but I'm getting there.

0430 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 minutes jogging
    b. 4 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy
    c. 1 x 50 seconds work/10 seconds easy
    d. 12 x 20-25 seconds on/5-10 seconds easy
    e. 1 x 50 seconds work/10 seconds easy
    f. 4 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy
    g. 4 minutes jogging
    Got a sharp twinge in right delt insertion at 6 minutes in, but didn't last very long. Rest of run ok.

Gym - Shoulders/Abs:
    1. BB SP 1 x 12, 2 x 10, 1 x 8 (1 minute recovery)
    2. DB SP 1 x 10, 3 x 8 (1 minute recovery)
    3. DB LR 4 x 10 (1 minute recovery)
    4. Inc Lying DB RR 4 x 10 (1 minute recovery)
    5. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. swissball jackknife x 10, c. rope crunch x 10] (30 seconds recovery)
    Right delt insertion started burning during second set of BB SP. Pressed on, though. Started affecting DB SP, and had to go down in weight. DB LR able to go heavier than last week. Abs good this week. Have decided NOT to do the boxing session I planned on this afternoon, and let my shoulder 'rest' and 'recover'.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Still restless sleeping. Maybe I should go back to listening to music as I go to sleep...

Mental Alertness: I'm preparing for an all-nighter, so it had better last all day AND night and then some more!

Energy: Was a bit wobbly for a while, but all set now...

Motivation: Confident.

Mood: Happy.

Pump and Vascularity: Same old, same old.

Strength: Better.

Body Composition and Look: Back still looking good. Delts coming along nicely, too.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face today
    Rosie, given that you've had your ups and downs recently I think you've done quite the balancing act and kept yourself going pretty strong. So needless to say...I'm bearing with you.

Motivation: Confident....glad to see that. I don't think I would accept any other answer coming from you. Your looking great, you stay in near peak physical fitness, you put forth effort beyond repute and you stay strong pushing yourself forward...how could you not feel confident, or rather...what reason would there be for you not to feel confident ya know?

Beyond that, hopefully all is well and I hope your all-nighter went well enough for you to get everything done that you needed to.

Walk Your Own Path! Become a Disciple of pain and put your body through the hell on earth it takes to be a bodybuilder, without further ado....Bring the pain!

Rosie, given that you've had your ups and downs recently I think you've done quite the balancing act and kept yourself going pretty strong. So needless to say...I'm bearing with you.

Motivation: Confident....glad to see that. I don't think I would accept any other answer coming from you. Your looking great, you stay in near peak physical fitness, you put forth effort beyond repute and you stay strong pushing yourself forward...how could you not feel confident, or rather...what reason would there be for you not to feel confident ya know?

Beyond that, hopefully all is well and I hope your all-nighter went well enough for you to get everything done that you needed to.
    Well, thanks for the pick-me-up The all-nighter went ****e; I don't know how I used to do it almost every night for 2 weeks a few times a year! (No more this year, though, girl; it throws you round too much, and this year is NOT one for 'floating' through....) Damn laptop kept freezing on me, and I had to keep retyping everything; got so frustrating when I was spending hours going round in circles and achieving nothing! Ah, well, it's all over and done now. Just give me an "A" on that assignment and I'll be sweet, LOL

You'd be surprised how some things can make you doubt yourself, or something that you thought to be. But deep down there's always that self-belief. So...shrug...If I stare life and risk in the face and aren't afraid of what might happen, then confidence can't be an issue, can it?
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 46

I'm NOT liking this not training. The last two weeks, for some reason, have really thrown me into a spin. Something that hasn't happened in a while. I seriously thought that 5 days completely OFF (and you have no idea how hard even that small concession was) would be ENOUGH...Obviously I was wrong...Or maybe I'm unconsciously under more pressure than I'm allowing myself to believe...

Sleep - Time and Quality: Zilch. Bad girl. You DO need to RECOVER SOMETIME, you know. And this week has been extra not cool, too...

Mental Alertness: So NOT there. I was having to concentrate REALLY hard. And then I considered driving down to Wellington tonight to spend the weekend with my mates. Um, probably NOT one of my best ideas...

Energy: Actually, unlike most of my all-nighters, I DIDN'T have ANY energy this morning to go for a run, and I didn't even to bother going to the gym (I know, naughty). Very UNlike me. My arms really hurt for some reason. And my left medial quad and my anterior, superior, medial knee is giving me sharp pain when I walk...Grrrr...

Motivation: Ask me tomorrow...

Mood: I don't know. Earlier I would have said tired. And at one point getting really frustrated and almost upset. Now...shrug...

Pump and Vascularity: Vascularity is getting very strong in my quads now.

Body Composition and Look: Getting there, slowly...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Well, I was tired. Still think I am. But it's going to be another late night (or morning). Good thing the gym's closed this long weekend (not that I'm too pleased with THAT at all...)
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You never cease to impress Rosie.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

Day 47

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    You never cease to impress Rosie.
    Even though training hasn't been as great as I would have liked it to be? It's good that someone thinks I'm [stilll] doing ok

So, yet ANOTHER day of NO training. It is going to be VERY different from next week, I assure you!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-1215, so ~13 hours of straight dreaming. I would have kept ON sleeping too, if my my flatmate hadn't come in and woken me up and tried to get me out of bed. Didn't last too long though; I fell asleep on the beanbag (yep, sore neck afterwards) in front of my laptop ~1405-1710. So, another 3 hours. Must have really needed it after the last couple of days. Stress and lack of training is very UNbecoming on me...

Mental Alertness: Drifting in and out of 'awakeness' between 1710 and 1830. Got some DVDs to keep me awake...

Energy: None.

Motivation: I want to be back training how I was. And SOON!!!

Mood: Nowhere in particular. Somewhere between tears and laughter. Maybe I'm just 'overtired'? (Yeah, right).

Pump and Vascularity: Same as always. Vascularity is particularly noticeable at night these days.

Body Composition and Look: Not loving it at the moment. Would prefer NOT to be gaining any more muscle in my lower body, since it starts to get a little UNcomfortable after a while. So, no more legs work in the gym...Even though it helps build up my upper body...Ah, well; I will just have to work a lot harder from now on!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Hmmmm...

Libido: It's been popping in and out (get back in your corner!) lately, mostly when I'm very tired or stressed (maybe it has a point there; I've been told that stress relief can be very pleasant sometimes, LOL). Most of the time I can ignore it, though...Well, I have to, don't I?
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thumbs up Your doing more than ok!

Even though training hasn't been as great as I would have liked it to be? It's good that someone thinks I'm [stilll] doing ok

So, yet ANOTHER day of NO training. It is going to be VERY different from next week, I assure you!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-1215, so ~13 hours of straight dreaming. I would have kept ON sleeping too, if my my flatmate hadn't come in and woken me up and tried to get me out of bed. Didn't last too long though; I fell asleep on the beanbag (yep, sore neck afterwards) in front of my laptop ~1405-1710. So, another 3 hours. Must have really needed it after the last couple of days. Stress and lack of training is very UNbecoming on me...

Mental Alertness: Drifting in and out of 'awakeness' between 1710 and 1830. Got some DVDs to keep me awake...

Energy: None.

Motivation: I want to be back training how I was. And SOON!!!

Mood: Nowhere in particular. Somewhere between tears and laughter. Maybe I'm just 'overtired'? (Yeah, right).

Pump and Vascularity: Same as always. Vascularity is particularly noticeable at night these days.

Body Composition and Look: Not loving it at the moment. Would prefer NOT to be gaining any more muscle in my lower body, since it starts to get a little UNcomfortable after a while. So, no more legs work in the gym...Even though it helps build up my upper body...Ah, well; I will just have to work a lot harder from now on!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Hmmmm...

Libido: It's been popping in and out (get back in your corner!) lately, mostly when I'm very tired or stressed (maybe it has a point there; I've been told that stress relief can be very pleasant sometimes, LOL). Most of the time I can ignore it, though...Well, I have to, don't I?
    Hey Rosie, from what I gather you've got a pretty hellacious schedule so I would say you are doing pretty damn good as is. Your drive and determination certainly shows through your words and well the perfectionist in you tends to shine quite a bit too...thats a good thing, not a bad thing...

As for your libido...it is certainly hard to ignore it when you use the products your using..... In addition, when your tired, or stressed that is when it hits you the hardest...well at least in my experience because the libido tends to be a spontaneous thing as it strikes you when you least expect it too..... Lastly, the get back in your corner comment was a great addition...*chuckles*

Hopefully you are able to get back on track according to your standards sooner rather than later. Till then do the best you can with the curveballs that are thrown at you and take care of yourself....its not much, but at least I'm trying to give you some support to help keep you enlightened somewhat.

Hey Rosie, from what I gather you've got a pretty hellacious schedule so I would say you are doing pretty damn good as is. Your drive and determination certainly shows through your words and well the perfectionist in you tends to shine quite a bit too...thats a good thing, not a bad thing...
    Sometimes perfectionism can be a bad thing, LOL. But hey, I'm not as bad as I used to be (and that's saying something!), which is easier to live with (I think...For others, at any rate!).

As for your libido...it is certainly hard to ignore it when you use the products your using..... In addition, when your tired, or stressed that is when it hits you the hardest...well at least in my experience because the libido tends to be a spontaneous thing as it strikes you when you least expect it too..... Lastly, the get back in your corner comment was a great addition...*chuckles*
    I noticed that. It's also way easier to be like that when tired, especially since I'm almost always too shattered to do anything about it, even if I wanted to, LOL! Hmmm, yes, well it can stay there until there's someone for it to come out and play with...

Hopefully you are able to get back on track according to your standards sooner rather than later. Till then do the best you can with the curveballs that are thrown at you and take care of yourself....its not much, but at least I'm trying to give you some support to help keep you enlightened somewhat.
    Thanks anyways Sooner rather than later would be better for my head. Since starting back at school life has been all haywire and I've been a bit all over the place. I seriously thought it would be easier to get back into than it has been. Never mind; forget the last few weeks now. I'm going for a run in 30 minutes and then the gym (FINALLY!), so getting back into sync TODAY!

Hope you have a good Easter, Sean
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 48

1020 - 5.5km Run:
    It feels so good to be getting back into it. Yes, a little later than it should have been, but it's done, so that's the main thing! Over the last few days my left medial knee has been giving me problems, and I've been limping round (LOL), and on the way out the drive there was a sharp pain there. Gritted my teeth and kept going; nothing so small should stop me. Pain got worse, and then right ankle started aching (yeah, it never really healed after I collapsed on it last November). But I pushed on. The knee pain went away after a bit, and I barely noticed the ankle. First km was 4.12 minutes. I slowed down a bit after that, maintaining a 4.25 min/km pace for the rest of the run. Ok with that session.

1120 - Arms/Abs:
    1a. Weighted Dips 8 x 8-10 SUPERSETTED WITH 1b. DB ZC 8 x 8 (1 minute recovery)
    2a. TPD 4 x 10-12 SUPERSETTED WITH 2b. CBC 4 x 10-12 (1 minute recovery)
    3. Alternate DB HC 4 x 12 (30 seconds recovery)
    4. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 15, b. hanging knee raises x 10] (30 seconds recovery)
    5. P/U (feet on bench) 1 x 8, 6 (30 seconds recovery)
    Ok, so interesting session today. Strength is definitely improving. I'm ok with the DB between my feet now for dips, and I am now able to use 10kg more than I did when I first started adding weight to these. My left knee started giving me sharp pain whenever I knelt to pick up the DB for the DB ZC, and almost sent me jumping through the roof! DB ZC started getting 'easy' after the 4th set, which was weird. Right wrist hurt a little with some sets. Big increases in weight for CBC. My forearms were screaming by the 5th set of these, though. Really feeling the pump by DB HC; it was almost painful. I finished with P/U, randomly, just to make sure that I was totally wasted.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0030-0900 (waking at 0800), so ~8.5 hours sleep. Pretty deep and unbroken, which is a first this week. Felt good when I got up. Refreshed, another first. So, things should start rolling from now on...

Mental Alertness: Very there today.

Energy: Got bundles ready to string out

Motivation: It's always so much higher after a good training session.

Mood: Good. Ok. Calmly content (if it can be).

Endurance: Maintaining. I feel that the more mass I gain on my legs, the less 'easy' my runs seem to be...

Pump and Vascularity: Great pump in arms in the gym (still there now); almost painful today, which is a first. Vascularity is strong as always. It will be interesting to see what's it like when I'm REALLY lean!

Strength: Gains still being made

Quality of Training: Good. Run ok. Gym, very pleased with.

Body Composition and Look: I notice the difference after not being in the gym for even as short as a week. But it will get better.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Back on the straight and narrow training-wise. (As for everything else, well...)

Libido: Elevated after the gym. Maybe because of the good session and I came away fairly happy with it.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 49

0830 - 5.5km Run:
    Did this in the same time as yesterday, with the same splits. 4.12 minutes for the first km, and 4.25 min/km pace from then on to the end. I slowed down a bit around the 4km mark when my right shoulder started hurting and I got the stitch in my right side, but picked it up again fairly quickly. My left knee was ok today; I managed to ignore the burning pain until I got home. And my right ankle was a bit niggly, too, but never mind that. LOL, someone told me yesterday that I'm as bad as the rugby boys, who keep playing, insisting that they're fine, while injured

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0730, so ~8.5 hours sleep. So, getting enough sleep to let my body recover properly. But getting up too late to really suit my schedule. No more late nights. Back to always very early mornings

Mental Alertness: There. Got to be; heading into some serious study later this afternoon.

Energy: Got a restless energy today. I can't keep still....

Motivation: Get back to the "No rest for some of us". Strictly by choice, though.

Mood: Fine.

Endurance: Yeah, good.

Pump and Vascularity: Noticeable, as always.

Quality of Training: Ok. Not bad.

Body Composition and Look: Quads continuing to become more defined; my teardrops are coming out really well, for some reason. Calves looking good too.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Relaxed. Ready to move into the next 'bulk' phase.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Overview of Week 7

It has been an interesting week.

BODY STATISTICS

Body Mass: 52 kg (i.e. 114 pounds)

Comments: So, managing to hold onto my muscle, which is a good thing

BLOOD STATISTICS

RBC: 5.75 xE12/L (Normal range 3.9-5.5)
    Hb: 117 g/L (Normal range 115-155)

Comments: RBC still high, but Hb 'Normal', which is a good thing, and surprising since training has been a bit on-and-off this last week.

Other Comments:
    - WBC: 11.1 x 10E9/L (Normal range 4.0-10.0). So, a little high.
    - CK: 689 U/L (Normal range 20-215). Interesting, considering that this week training has been the worst/least that it's been in a while (apart from the week I had 'off'), with only 2 days in the gym (and it's resistance training that is more likely to cause tissue damage), and even doing 5 days a week lifting, it rarely gets this high.
    - Free T3: 2.85 pmol/L (Normal range 2.60-6.00). This is the lowest that this has ever been. Not too sure that it's a good thing, either.

RESTING HEART RATE:

42 bpm. So, a little highr. Maybe because of the lack of training, odd sleeping patterns, the stress I put on myself by leaving those assignments until the night before the day that they were due in to do them...

DIET

Hmmm, this wasn't the greatest this week. Because of the crazy waking/sleeping hours, meals have been timed in as best as possible. Some days got too few calories (even for cutting), and others far too many...And sometimes I don't even want to LOOK at a can of tuna any more...

TRAINING

Wasn't so great this week. The all-nighter in the middle of it all didn't help. And the out-of-whack sleeping patterns have continued, throwing this even more out of balance. I managed to do Shoulders and Arms in the gym, which are the areas that I need to focus on, so that's ok. Had 2 days off, which is not that cool. A pretty disappointing week, really.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Hope this is ok with you Jammie

Since I'm no longer preparing for an upcoming competition, the title (and intention) of this log is somewhat outdated. Plus, tomorrow starts my new bulking cycle, and adding IGF-2 to my supplement regime. So I've started a new log, to post my training notes and supplement comments in henceforth. It can be found here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post144110561 under the title "Rosie's Training stacked with Drive/RPM and IGF-2/NeoVar". The days in this new log will continue on, though, to complete the 12 weeks that was intended for THIS log (i.e. it will start from Day 50).
    Writer • Athlete • Coach