Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VT dad View Post
    It's amazing how consistently you are putting together outstanding efforts. The details you tell make me feel like I'm right there with you. Keep fighting those urges to binge. Keep moving forwards.
    Maybe it's because I've finally gotten my act together and am working doggedly TOWARDS a goal (or maybe I am just pushing myself harder than usual?)...I'm glad you feel like that...That's the plan; no more backwards glances or regrets for me!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This log should serve as a template for all future logs.

Rosie, you are my hero.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Day 3 cont.

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    This log should serve as a template for all future logs.

Rosie, you are my hero.

Mental Alertness: Right, started feeling a bit tired at 0900, so went for a quick walk and did the grocery shopping. Not really completely alert today. Mind wandering a lot.

Energy: About 1230 energy left, so a bit earlier than yesterday. Maybe my efforts took more out of me than I thought! Still feel a bit sluggish, but have recently had my third high CHO meal today. Yep, today is HIGH CHO day; CHO up on the 'rest' day; save all that energy for tomorrow in the gym So, had about 300-350g CHO so far today, and feeling a little 'heavy', to be honest. I actually PREFER a more lower CHO (50-100g) diet, with more protein, as far as energy goes. I'm going to have to FORCE myself to stay UP when I get tired in the afternoons, since I can't fall asleep at school (although wouldn't be the first time I fell asleep in class, LOL!).

Motivation: A little tired, but determined to press on through!

Mood: A bit like anyone else's 'normal'. Not high, nor low, nor flat, just 'tired' quiet.

Pump and Vascularity: I seem to notice it heaps more AFTER meals with lots of CHO at the moment. But still unbelievable vascularity in arms, almost like the veins are 'rippling'.

Body Composition and Look: Arms are looking HARD and full. Breasts are looking fuller too; not back up to a D, LOL, but the extra CHO must make them hold more water or something.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Shoulders no longer sore. Just 'tired'. But pleased with the week so far

Libido: I think I need to add this, since I am definitely noticing a difference here (well, have been for the last few months, but more so when I'm in these 'flat, dangerous' moods). Strange, for someone who's suppressed and repressed this (and emotion) ever since adolesence, I seem to be in the mood a lot these days; still when I am 'tired'. Feeling more 'cuddly' than usual. Hmmm...raised eyebrows...

I have been wearing my 6-inch heels around the house, to get used to walking in them. I wish I didn't feel so SILLY, especially since I have to remember to 'swish' my hips and keep that arch in my back (usually my posture is the best when in high shoes). I don't know how females manage to wear things so high to work every day, though, although I guess those that do aren't doing much walking rather than sitting at a desk, LOL. Still...

...And once study starts back I will put together my routine, and begin posing practice for 10-20 minutes 5-7 days a week, so that when it comes to it I can move from one to another as if it were innate. Also, got to keep smiling, if only to make it look like it's natural too and not just 'pasted on' (I hate that look), and not like it's the effort that it is when posing...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-05-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 3...AGAIN...cont.

Mental Alertness: Yep, still not with it. Brain just doesn't want to focus on anything today. Not good to be driving when I'm like this.

Energy: Have had none since 1230. Slept from 1600-1731, and even then, it took my flatmate almost half an hour to get me up to take him to the supermarket for supplies for dinner. Pretty much nearly fell asleep in the car waiting for him!

Mood: Normal. Tired. Don't really have much of one left when I'm this shattered and 'out of it'.

Endurance: I wouldn't have any for anything.

Pump and Vascularity: Same as before.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I want to go back to sleep! There's just NOTHING THERE right now. Am feeling a dull ache in my anterior delts now. Arms feel 'dead'. Very hot, and eyes are bloodshot, which tells me I've overdone it somewhere...

Once I've had dinner, today's food intake will come in at close to 850-900g CHO!...Don't even want to THINK about how many grams of both protein and fat I've had...The day's calorie intake will be close to 8000, which pretty much classes today as a 'binge', which I am NOT proud of ...But, tomorrow will be a clean slate, and hopefully I will be better for SOME of today, at least...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 4 - DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

GRRRRR...

0430 - 5.5km Run:
    I didn't want to do this this morning. Anyways, after getting over the initial COLD (had the hoodie on today), I settled into cadence with the beat of the music [I was listening to]. Slower than Tuesday's run, with the first km at 5 minutes, opening up my stride length thereafter for 4.5 min/km until the finish. Stride rate was fast - 190 strides per minute (spm) - i.e. R/L x 95 per minute. The run passed quickly, though; don't think I was really there at all...

0600 - Hams/Glutes/Back:
    Supersetted BB RD and BBL, with 30 seconds recovery between sets. Usually my heart rate (HR) is quite high and strong (i.e. I can feel and hear it) by the time I've finished BBL. But NOT today. Maybe because I was fairly calm? Both exercises felt like NOTHING, and I increased the weight for the BBL after the second set. Left BB RD weight the same, as I'm going for the 'stretch' rather than strength here. On both the WG LPD and CG SR I increased my weight by a further 6kg and 6 reps from last week, so good there. It was my FIRST time ever doing CG TR, so the first set I just did 12 reps with the bar to see what it FELT like. Because I'm so short I was on tiptoe the whole time. For my second set I just chucked a weight on and tried that, and kept going up to 20kg for 10 reps. So, next week will go up again. Now, the rope pull-downs: I didn't like them; I didn't feel it in my back at all but my triceps (to me this is a TRICEP exercise and NOT a back one, as the person who explained it to me tried to say), and it felt all WRONG. I tried moving forward and back and adjusting my feet to see if it would make a difference, but none, so I will eliminate this from further sessions. I'll also change this session for next week, to look like this:
    1. BB Bent Over Row (BB BOR) 4 x 10
    2. WG LPD 4 x 10-12
    3. CG SR 4 x 10-12
    4. CG TR 4 x 10-12
    5. BB RD 4 x 10
    6. BBL 4 x 12
    (Please Note that BB RD and BBL will still be supersetted together). THAT looks heaps BETTER!

Now for the rest:

Sleep - Time and Quality: Slept from ~2111-0311, so 6 hours sleep. Unbroken. Deep. Awoke tired though.

Mental Alertness: Not too sure yet. My head just feels tired still. Starting to 'wake up' as I write this...

Energy: Bit sluggish. Not really wanting to do anything. Probably has more to do with the fact that I ate so much yesterday!

Motivation: Trying to find it today.

Mood: Not quite sure. Aggressive, could probably best describe it (at least my driving this morning would suggest that). I'm not angry or upset, but I AM VERY CALM (a VERY dangerous mood for me to be in; very unpredictable in my reactions). My attitude is that of 'don't mess with me'...I think that I'm just tired and ANYTHING is likely to piss me off...Beware the male who tries to get 'fresh' with me today...Feeling completely UNsociable.

Endurance: Well, no complaints there.

Pump and Vascularity: Same as last few days.

Strength: Nothing wrong with this either. See comments on my gym session above.

Quality of Training: Due to my mood, I don't feel that it was particularly good, either run OR gym, today...shrug...

Body Composition and Look: My arms, delts and back are looking very lean, and MORE defined than they have been.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I think I'm just tired. Binging seems to take MORE out of me than hard, intense training! And if I do it on top of ALREADY being fatigued, well, that's just dumb...I don't feel like eating or drinking anything today, and breakfast was pretty much FORCED down...

Strange that I should be so tired today after doing pretty much nothing yesterday...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

binge

You seem so tired, and you've been bingeing. I'm seeing 2 negative connotations, but not necessarily a correlation. You also mentioned fluctuation in your libido. As a Freud wanna be I'd say that your eating binges depress you and therefore you are more tired. You may be substituting food for a desire to be cuddled. Good luck trying to keep the demons from your past from disrupting you from your goals. Rosie, you are beautiful, intelligent, and complex. Try to focus on your goal, and where you want to take yourself. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy your journey. Get that smile back.

Michael
    Were all in this race together, the human race

Day 4 cont.

Originally Posted by VT dad View Post
    You seem so tired, and you've been bingeing. I'm seeing 2 negative connotations, but not necessarily a correlation. You also mentioned fluctuation in your libido. As a Freud wanna be I'd say that your eating binges depress you and therefore you are more tired. You may be substituting food for a desire to be cuddled. Good luck trying to keep the demons from your past from disrupting you from your goals. Rosie, you are beautiful, intelligent, and complex. Try to focus on your goal, and where you want to take yourself. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy your journey. Get that smile back.

Michael
    COMPLEX is very RIGHT. Even I don't know myself sometimes...I'm still 'discovering' parts of me that have been repressed since before I could remember...As a child and youth I was like a cold, hard, little robot, with no desire for emotion of any kind (except anger; I got angry a lot); I figured that the easiest way to be was withOUT a sense of feeling, and now I have to almost 'recondition' myself NOT to be the 'rock island' that I became...

Ok, enough deepness. On to the rest of today's evaluation:

Mental Alertness: Not at all there, today. I am more 'there' as I write this, but have been so out of it all day that maybe it's just from having finished eating lots of CHO not so long ago...

Energy: I went back to bed at 0816 and slept right through until 1145, waking at 0930 for my protein shake, but going straight back to sleep as soon as I returned to bed. I would have gone back to bed yet AGAIN at 1145 after my IGF-2 (2), but decided that I needed to stay up, since I had to take NEOVAR (3) at 1200 and eat lunch at 1230. But the fact that I even WANTED to and WOULD have gone straight back to sleep tells me that I'm way too tired...I went into town after lunch to do some 'chores', but I was still so tired and shouldn't have even been there...I can FEEL my eyes being tired...I'm a little more awake now, but barely...I'm hoping that I can sleep well tonight and NOT 'wake up' later, and get a decent sleep...The sleep that I HAVE had today though has been deep...I was dreaming this morning (0817-2245), and they were very VIVID...

Motivation: Lost it today.

Mood: When I woke up (or rather, decided to get up and stay up) at 1145, I was no longer in an aggressive mood. Instead, just tired and flat. No emotion.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Just very tired. Maybe I pushed it too much the last few days? (I DID do 5 gym days in a row: last Friday to this Tuesday). It probably IS the binging, though. So much for NOT wanting to have ANY cheat meals. Yes, diet IS my WEAKNESS...Everything ELSE is EASY; I will push my body to exhaustion and collapse without any worries at all!...Ah well, I still have 10 weeks left; plenty of time to find my pace again and get to 6% bodyfat! But still, that's NO excuse. And girl, you are NOT going to let it CONTINUE! There is NO room for excuses or wandering OFF the stright and narrow...Focus, vision, the LITTLE THINGS MATTER!!! Very disappointed in myself. Not a happy feeling. Libido is not even there today; when I feel like this, it's no wonder!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-07-2008 at 12:06 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 4 cont. II

Yes, obviously NOT in bed But I am smiling again, so that's SOMETHING. I am AWAKE...I hate that; tired all day and then when I SHOULD be sleeping I can't...

Mental Alertness: VERY alert NOW.

Energy: I still wouldn't say that I have loads of energy. Still a bit sluggish, but at least I don't feel like the walking dead any more.

Motivation: VERY motivated again. Tomorrow is going to be a GOOD day!

Mood: Semi-happy. Approaching silly. Still wanting those cuddles, though

Overall Sense of Feeling: No longer FEEL tired. Body feels ok. More positive than I was earlier.

A few months ago my best friend's brother was killed in a car accident in America. I have heard from her that she is going to the States soon, to see where he died, almost like a 'pilgrimage', to help the family ease their pain (not that anything can lessen the suffering). I am going south to spend a few days with her before they go, so my next log will probably be on Monday, after I get back. So, see you then...

...Think POSITIVE, HAPPY thoughts for tomorrow, girl. And if you can't, well then remember that: "The way you THINK determines the way you FEEL, and the way you feel influences the way you ACT..." (Rick Warren)...And you want your actions to be taking you FORWARD!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Smile Day 5 - DRIVE (4), RPM (1), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

OK, so sometimes things happen NOT the way we plan them...I woke up at 0315, same as usual. But you know how you sometimes wake up and you feel like ****e? Yeah, well, that was me; it was one of those days when I KNEW that I NEEDED MORE sleep (after yesterday HOW is that even POSSIBLE?!). Soooo, I decided why not make TODAY my DAY OFF (instead of Sunday), since I obviously need it NOW (and since driving distance later is going to make me tired; dunno why it does that...AND since walking around Wellington is almost a workout in itself!), and just do today's training tomorrow and tomorrow's on Sunday, and went BACK to bed. I reset the alarm, but did NOT wake up to it (damn, must have been tired), and woke up to my flatmate's alarm at 0659 instead. Once I got up I felt ok, and thought, why not just swap today and tomorrow's training around, and keep Sunday as my Day Off? That at least would make my head feel a little better (although, as long as I get in all my week's training, it's probably not too much of an issue WHAT days I do it on). So I went with that...

0730 - 5.5km Run:
    It was LIGHT today. Been a while since I've run in daylight. Anyways, I started off ANGRY. Angry at myself for not being able to get up and do TODAY'S training sessions (and for a few other reasons)...Because I was angry I ran fast, pushing my body to punish my mind for being what I considered 'weak'. My first km was done in 4.1 minutes, and the second in 4 minutes, and seeing that I pushed myself HARDER to hold that pace. Amazing what a little anger can do, huh! By the time I was halfway through the run the anger had gone, and I was just determined to push myself to see what I could do. I slowed down a little at the end, dropping back to 4.2 minutes for the last km, but overall I was VERY HAPPY with the run!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so 5 hours of unbroken, deep sleep...And then close to a further 3.5 hours (0320-0659), to make a total of ~8.5 hours! QUALITY as WELL as quantity. I can't believe how MUCH I've slept in the last 2-3 days!

Mental Alertness: Pretty good.

Energy: It seems to be back, if my run was anything to go by.

Motivation: After that run I am back in the game, baby!

Mood: As I said, I started off angry, but that dissipated early on. After my run I am feeling happy and positive (I will be back at 3.8 min/km in no time at all!). And I'm looking forward to seeing Arnie; that has me in a good mood just THINKING about it!

Endurance: I held the pace; need I say more?

Pump and Vascularity: Same as the last few days. The veins in my upper arms are becoming more noticeable. Same as with around my hips and lower belly. The ones in my lower legs and feet are coming out too.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: AWESOME!!!

Body Composition and Look: Arms are still looking hard and full. I am seeing the 'separation' in my hamstrings now, too.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Pleased and happy.

So, a good day so far. And it's going to get BETTER. Now to go get my stuff together and leave...Will see if I can find a computer down there and keep logging, instead of waiting for Monday...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rosie, How many days worth of IGF-2 do you have on hand? You may consider lowering the daily dose.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Rosie!

I just happened to stumble across your bodyspace page and decided to check out your thread.
    I must say I am thoroughly Impressed!

I read each and every word of your posts, and I've come to learn that you have got a nice grip on your goals, (best of luck btw) ans understanding of your body and what it needs to create a strong, lean, muscular physique.
    Not to mention your Drive and Passion that it takes to succeed with your goals. Very impressing!

Being a natural female bber, myself, I am happy to have found you and to have the chance in following along with you during your contest prep and experimentation of supplements.

I am also preparing for a contest in female bbing on April 5th.
    I am having the 'ups-n-downs' during my training...it gets all emotional, somedays I feel strong and conquerous, other days I worry that I am not doing things correctly.
    But the love of striving for a goal, is and always will be, part of me...Nothing like a Lean Muscular Female Physique!!

It is so great to know of another woman who has the dedication and passion in this lifestyle.

I will be following you and supporting you all the way !

Best of Luck, Rosie!!

--Joan
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Igf-2

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    Rosie, How many days worth of IGF-2 do you have on hand? You may consider lowering the daily dose.
    I have until Monday left. Do you suggest that I only have 1 capsule per dose, to see that they last an extra day?

Also, the L-PM: although I am getting a far deeper and definitely unbroken sleep, I'm still NOT going to sleep any faster than i was before using them. is this 'normal'?
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Days 6 and 7

DAY 6

I decided to take Saturday as my Day Off, since when I woke up I was still sooo tired.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0800. Woke at 0643, but went straight back to sleep. ~9 hours of sleep. With DREAMS...

Mental Alertness: Not very there.

Energy: Not a lot. Still. Walking around for hours seems to have SOME effect on my legs; they THROB whenever I sit down...But I can keep on going if I have to

Motivation: Maybe I needed this day off...

Mood: Happy. Being around the people that I care about and love makes me become [more] animated and bubbly...'Bouncing off the walls' No matter what my mood was before, when we're together, it's like nothing else matters for the meantime.

Endurance: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Awesome. Like it has been for the last week. Vasularity really coming out in my legs as well, now.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Body Composition and Look: Arms still looking full. Legs looking a bit bigger, also.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Feeling happy and ALIVE, pushing past any symptoms of fatigue that I may be having. The change in routine from seeing friends isn't helping me feel any more refreshed, but I think it's doing my head some good to be having a 'break'.

Libido: It has been through the roof! But since it would only COMPLICATE things to ACT on the desire, I've decided NOT to do anything about it, and that has been frustrating to say the least; maybe I can take that frustration out on a boxing bag next week...

Day 7

ANOTHER Day Off...GRRRRR...

Sleep - Time and Quality: Maybe it's a blessing that Arnie doesn't get up until lunchtime on weekends! Normally, when she comes and stays with ME I've done training, the housework, and whatever else by the time she appears awake. But when I stay with HER...Slept from ~2319-1436 (woke at 1038 and 1243). Sleep was full of dreams (again), deep, but broken. 15 hours of sleep; THAT can't be GOOD I shouldn't be THIS tired. I think that maybe the heat, lack of training, and lapse in diet are all contributing to this...And because I woke up so late today I decided NOT to have any pills (hopefully this will be ok)...

Mental Alertness: Had to try and get it before driving.

Energy: Not a lot, really. What is is with me this week? I haven't felt this drained and lethargic in soooo long!

Motivation: After the last few days I am MORE motivated than ever to get this all RIGHT! Having my friends' support for my competition also motivates me. Not many people 'approve' of what I choose to do with my life, let alone the sports/training that I engage in, so having people who believe in me is a great thing.

Mood: Good. Maybe a little aggressive and upset with myself; I always notice that when my mood is aggressive/angry etc., I drive faster than usual. Better slow down the pace, chick...

Endurance: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Still amazing! Loving it.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Body Composition and Look: INcrease in bodyfat. But also in lean body mass (LBM). Upper body is looking fuller and harder all the time now. Lower body is looking and feeling thicker; I hope any LBM I've gained is all on TOP.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I've also been very hot ALL day, like I want to just put myself in a bucket of ice or something...Having had 2 days COMPLETELY OFF is NOT doing anything good for my head; I'm starting to punish myself mentally. Just as long as I don't make that mental abuse physical...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-10-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thank you, Joan...

Thank you, Joan. I read your BodySpace too, after reading this post I must say that you look SPECTACULAR at the moment, far better than I do 10 weeks out from competition, LOL!...I haven't had the 'ups and downs', as you put it, until this time. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I get like I want to cry, which is soooo UNLIKE me, but hey, maybe it's my hormones? Hmmmm, raised eyebrows...Anyways, I am pulling myself together for the last 10 weeks (and beyond!)...Great to have you on board!

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hi Rosie!

I just happened to stumble across your bodyspace page and decided to check out your thread.
    I must say I am thoroughly Impressed!

I read each and every word of your posts, and I've come to learn that you have got a nice grip on your goals, (best of luck btw) ans understanding of your body and what it needs to create a strong, lean, muscular physique.
    Not to mention your Drive and Passion that it takes to succeed with your goals. Very impressing!

Being a natural female bber, myself, I am happy to have found you and to have the chance in following along with you during your contest prep and experimentation of supplements.

I am also preparing for a contest in female bbing on April 5th.
    I am having the 'ups-n-downs' during my training...it gets all emotional, somedays I feel strong and conquerous, other days I worry that I am not doing things correctly.
    But the love of striving for a goal, is and always will be, part of me...Nothing like a Lean Muscular Female Physique!!

It is so great to know of another woman who has the dedication and passion in this lifestyle.

I will be following you and supporting you all the way !

Best of Luck, Rosie!!

--Joan
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-10-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Overview of Week 1

Right, looking back over this last week. There are definitely a few CHANGES that need to be made for the coming weeks.

BODY STATISTICS

Body mass: 49 kg
    Body composition: 9.5% bodyfat (BF)

Comments: So, yes, I gained mass. And BF. At 48 kg and 8.7% BF I had 43.844 kg LBM and 4.176 kg BF. At 49kg and 9.5% BF I have 44.345 kg LBM and 4.655 kg BF. That's an increase of 0.521 kg (i.e. 1.15 pounds) of LBM and 0.479 kg (i.e. 1.05 pounds) of BF. So, almost a 1:1 ratio of 'gainage' across the board. Which isn't too cool. Yes, you're trying to BULK, girl, but whilst STAYING LEAN. Maybe I should adopt the term 'culking' that I saw on one of the forums? Isn't that what I was trying to do? Yep, so, a look at diet is required (See further down under 'Diet').

BLOOD STATISTICS

RBC: 5.5 x 10E12/L (Normal range 3.9-5.5)
    Hb: 113 g/L (Normal range 115-155)

Comments: So, RBC count still high, but not as high as it was. Hb down BELOW 'normal'. A pattern that I have noticed over the last few months is that my Hb DROPS when I DON'T exercise as much, which makes sense. Still, it just goes to show that 2 days off is NOT all that good a thing for me; I need to be exercising at LEAST 6-7 days a week at HIGH intensity for my Hb to be 'normal'. Having a high RBC count is not all that great though, as high amounts of RBC causes the blood to become viscous and a bit 'sluggish', which is probably a causative factor in my constant headaches and frequent breathlessness.

RESTING HEART RATE: No Change (NC).

DIET

For the last week I have been trying to get in at LEAST 300g of CHO a day. And I have, more than successfully, I might add. I haven't worried so much about how MANY calories I have been having, and sometimes, yes, I will admit that not all of my CHO sources were CLEAN. I 'allowed' this because until now I have been SUCCESSFULLY losing BF whilst maintaining my LBM eating whatever I want and with 3-4 8000+ calorie days a week (now THAT has to STOP, and all food sources need to be CLEAN!). My macronutrient ratios for the last week have been 58.83%:23.53%:17.65% (each to 2 d.p.) of CHO:Protein:Fat. Normally I follow a 30:40:30 diet, which makes my body feel a whole heap better. Using calculations (which can be useful as a general GUIDE; don't place your faith in these all the time), my calorie intake per day works out around 19 calorie/pound (Ib), which definitely falls under the 'weight gain' calorie range. From next week on I am going to cycle my CHO intake, decreasing total overall calories, and get closer to the macronutrient ratios where I feel the best.

TRAINING

I only had 3 days in the gym this week. The session that I missed was Chest/Abs/Calves, which I'm NOT too worried about, since they are the areas that I am the least concerned with. However, I am disappointed and frustrated at myself for missing a RESISTANCE session, since that to me is far more important than cardio of any kind! Since I am trying to 'gain mass' and stay lean at the same time, maybe I should drop back a couple of cardio sessions, and see how that goes?...But Monday will be back to schedule, and there had better be NO upsets NEXT week...

Right now my head is doing some major mental abuse (not cool, I know, but I've been beating myself up for years...Yeah, time to stop, I know that too...) about what to me seems like a lack of self-discipline and committment this week. Something went wrong and from there it went downhill. NOT something the little girl takes very well. But, change the way you think about this week, chick. See it as a learning curve, an experience, and MOVE FORWARD! So, she will...Leave it behind and know that you STILL have the time to make the best job you can. Look again at the detail. Make sure that you have the BIG things right before you look at the nitty-gritty, and then make sure that each grain of sand falls in the RIGHT place!...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-10-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Added in Blood Statistics.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 8 - DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (6), IGF-2 (6), L-PM (1)

This is my last day of IGF-2, as the sample bottle has run out. From now on supplements will be as follows (so I don't have to write them out each day):
    Gym Days: DRIVE (4), RPM (2), NEOVAR (6), L-PM (1)
    Non-Gym Days: DRIVE (4), RPM (1), NEOVAR (6), L-PM (1)

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minute jogging, then 24 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy, before finishing with 4 minutes jogging. I felt fast and strong. Most of the last 12 sprints were ~25-27 seconds, which meant shorter recovery time, but my body dealt with it as if I'd had the full 10 seconds between each sprint! I could have kept going today.

0600 - Quads/Shoulders/Abs:
    Did more reps with the BB FS than I did last week. The BB SP felt more 'natural' today, and I did better. I did an extra set with both the DB LR and Inc DB RR than I did last week, with a heavier weight for more reps, so that's an improvement. I need to concentrate a little more on using my ABS in my ab exercises sometimes, though, rather than just 'doing the movement' (usually I'm good at this, but not today, for some reason).

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2145-0315, so ~5.5 hours sleep, with a short awakening at 0138. No dreams last night. But sleep quality good. Deep.

Mental Alertness: After the last few days, surprisingly awake and alert from the time of waking.

Energy: It's back! I feel like doing another run or something this afternoon...

Motivation: Definitely back!

Mood: Good. Feeling positive

Endurance: Good. I felt as fresh after my run as I did before I started. And, despite my sore quads after my gym session, I still feel reasonably ok.

Pump and Vascularity: Got snakes in my arms, LOL. Sometimes the veins in my forearms look like they have 'knots' in them. Got a great pump in arms and delts in the gym today.

Strength: Better than last week. Improving here.

Quality of Training: Definitely happier with how this went today, as opposed to how I was feeling at the end of last week. Pleased with efforts today. Keep pushing yourself, girl!

Body Composition and Look: Same as last week. Arms and delts looking full and hard.

Overall Sense of Feeling: My quads hurt after the gym today. Body feels reasonably ok, considering how I felt last week. Still feeling very HOT, like I'm in a furnace or something.

So, looking FORWARD to this week. The little girl's got her focus and determination and motivation BACK, and she's going to HOLD ON TO IT!!!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thumbs up I have no doubts at all

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    The little girl's got her focus and determination and motivation BACK, and she's going to HOLD ON TO IT!!!
    Get Em' Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 8 cont.

Mental Alertness: Wow, this has been top notch all day, right up until 1600, for about an hour, and now it's back in full force. I even had the mental energy and clarity to do some study and watch a movie that required some actual thinking to follow it!

Energy: Like I said earlier, I felt like doing something ELSE today. But I haven't. Yes, I'm being good. More is NOT better. RECOVERY is what's important. And I need that. So instead I pottered about the house doing things that SHOULD have been done while I was away, and just filling in time with study and a DVD and eating (all CLEAN food!). I actually MISS Wellington (never thought I'd hear myself say THAT; except for the time I have spent there this year I have hated it!): walking around (I'll get used to that), the busyness and all the people (yes, I live in a city, but it's more like a big town). And I was sooo RELAXED there, too, which is odd, since here I always feel like I am HURRYING everywhere HERE! I wish I could FAST FORWARD a year just to be there already!

Motivation: Still HIGH.

Mood: Very happy and relaxed.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Almost contentment, knowing that I am BACK ON TRACK and going to ACHIEVE MY GOALS with far greater success that I would have believed possible a year ago! Libido has not come out to play yet, today, but with the right call it might... :P
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Overall Sense of Feeling: Almost contentment, knowing that I am BACK ON TRACK and going to ACHIEVE MY GOALS with far greater success that I would have believed possible a year ago
    This is good to read...It's good knowing you feel Back On Track with your overall feeling...and it gives me a good sense of myself and a great feeling to start my day.
    Hold onto that feeling Rosie!
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Smile

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    This is good to read...It's good knowing you feel Back On Track with your overall feeling...and it gives me a good sense of myself and a great feeling to start my day.
    Hold onto that feeling Rosie!
    Trust me, I WILL! Nothing and Nobody is going to hold me back! It's so GREAT to have that feeling back!!!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-11-2008 at 06:36 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 9

0430 - 5.5km Run:
    Knees started off a little stiff, but they 'eased' into it. My first km was 4 minutes, and set the tone for the rest of the run! At 10.73 minutes I could feel myself slowing down; but instead of giving in I gritted my teeth and pushed myself to hold the pace. As I did I was reminded of something my mother once said to me (before I was about to go out for a 60km ride in the pouring rain and strong wind, simply because missing a training ride was NOT an option): "Ever since you were little, you've always pushed yourself to do things. You could be dying and no one would ever know, because you'd still be out there pushing yourself." And yeah, she was right. I guess I'm tough on myself. But hey, if I'm not, who will be? Anyways, maybe the two days off did me some good. Maybe it was the fact that I was happy and positive. Probably was a bit of both. That and determination. But that run was GREAT; at 4 min/km it's the third fastest that I have done that course in over the last 3 months!

0600 - Triceps/Biceps:
    So, weighted dips: great. I still put a DB between my feet today, which was fine (must have gotten the technique of holding it right!). Usually I try and do my dips as UPRIGHT as possible, so as to not use my pectorals during them and concentrate more on the triceps, and having the DB between my feet made DEFINITE sure that I did just that! Same weight as last week for the DB FP, but did more reps each set this time. It wasn't until the third set of PC that I started to see any vascularity, but when I did, yeah you saw it! I went heavier with both my PC AND the Inc DB BC. Today I was really trying to focus on that mind-muscle connection on my bicep exercises, since it is something that I feel that I haven't been so great at in the past. It took me until the third set of my Inc DB BC before I really started to 'get' anything; but hey, at least I got there! The burn was just, well, let's say that I'm STILL feeling it NOW!!! Last week I wasn't too happy with my cable superset, but this week I tried to ignore the pain, and was reasonably successful. Incredible pump today ALL OVER my arms, from triceps to biceps to forearms. Loving that.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0315, so ~4.5 hours. QUALITY not quantity. Unbroken. No dreams.

Mental Alertness: VERY focussed today, especially in the gym. And during my run, my mind was pretty active too; it's amazing what pops into your head sometimes...

Energy: Being happy sure does give you more to work with.

Motivation: After my run, and that great gym session, but more importantly even BEFORE any of that, it was high, and still is!

Mood: Happy, baby, yeah

Endurance: High.

Pump and Vascularity: Actually, for the first time in days, the vascularity has gone for the moment. But in the gym it was the best that it has been in the last week! And now even my legs are starting to get a pump after my run.

Strength: Increased

Quality of Training: Good. More than happy with BOTH sessions today!

Body Composition and Look: Arms and delts are still looking hard and full. Calves are starting to look harder and more defined, as well as slightly BIGGER than they were. Starting to look leaner around my Adonis belt.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I feel great. My collarbone on the lateral left side is a little 'sore' (it has been when I wake up for the last 3 days), but apart from that (and still feeling the burn from today's gym session), there are no other aches or pains. But hey, I don't mind this pain. Sometimes you've got to have pain before there can be pleasure.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-11-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 9 cont.

Mental Alertness: On top of the game all day.

Energy: Today is the FIRST day in 2 weeks that I have been awake since I got up! I am starting to feel it a little now, though. Not long to go now, girl.

Motivation: How high is the sky?!

Mood: Still happy

Pump and Vascularity: Vascularity has been minimal today ???

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still feeling great. I have been very thirsty, though, having had 4.5 litres of water by 1230! Apart from that, loads of energy and enthusiasm. Looking forward to going back to study next week!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 10

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minute warm-up then 26 x 20 seconds work/10 seconds easy, finishing with 4 minutes easy jogging. Yep, I decided to push the bar OUT and set the standard HIGHER today. My knees were not really wanting to be out there, so I was running with my arms for the most part. My 26th sprint only lasted 16 seconds, but my 25th was 29 seconds (meaning 1 second recovery), so no complaints there. Pretty pleased with the session and my efforts. I love running in the dark, when there's no one else around but me (and my music, when I use it; but not for my HIIT runs, because I want to be concentrating on the INTENSITY).

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0315, so ~4.5 hours sleep. Again, unbroken. Dreaming this time. Sleep was deep. Woke up with a slight headache, but it passed quickly.

Mental Alertness: AWAKE and HERE.

Energy: Pretty good.

Motivation: I don't know how, but it's better than yesterday, and that was through the roof!

Mood: Excellent. Happy. Pleased.

Endurance: Better. (Or maybe I just asked that extra bit of me today?...)

Pump and Vascularity: It's back. Nice.

Quality of Training: EXCELLENT!

Body Composition and Look: Starting to look a little leaner...But maybe that's just an illusion from me FEELING better and having my head in a better space...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Bloody brilliant!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 10 cont.

I was reading in my study today about muscle imbalances, joint disfunction, and biochemical imbalances. Sounds to me like I may have some...More reading for me tomorrow then, LOL. And DEFINITELY going to look at changing some things in my gym programmes NEXT week...

Mental Alertness: VERY there all today (except when I was sleeping).

Energy: Loads. A restless energy today. I DID go back to bed, though, and slept from about 0730-0936, so no energy there.

Motivation: Still high. My flatmate has been tempting me to cheat and I've been good at resisting!

Mood: Been in a strange, happy mood today.

Pump and Vascularity: After last week it's a bit disappointing; seems to be NOTHING there at all. Come back, veins...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Starting to look a little FORWARD to my competition, and my head's getting to that place where EVERYTHING has to be just RIGHT. A very good place to be; it means that I'm focussed on the end and nothing short of death will deter me from achieving what I want to in the way that I want to!...Oh yeah, and my libido's back (I wish it would hide in the corner or something and leave me alone)...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

day 9/10

"Being happy sure does give you more to work with.

Motivation: After my run, and that great gym session, but more importantly even BEFORE any of that, it was high, and still is!

Mood: Happy, baby, yeah "

I'm so happy for you Rosie. Keep it up, keep moving forwards, ad enjoy the journey.
    Were all in this race together, the human race

Day 11

Some people schedule in 'hard' days and 'easy' days. As for me, EVERY day is a 'hard' day! In EVERY training session I strive for a faster time, more weight, higher reps or sets, greater volume or intensity, etc. MY 'easy' days are the days when my body literally WON'T do what I ask it to, and I just have to 'settle' at the pace or effort that is agreeable, or that it will 'allow'; and sometimes this means that yes, I have to take a day OFF, even if I don't want to!

0430 - 5.5km Run:
    Plodded along at 4.5 min/km. When I tried to go faster today I felt like I was going to be sick, so I just let my body stay at the pace that it was at and tried not to force the issue. Maybe my body's trying to tell me something? So, technically, for me this is what I class as an 'easy' run.

0600 - Back/Hams/Glutes:
    I still wasn't feeling too good as I entered the gym. To be honest, I didn't even want to be there, which is very OUT of character for me. Not that I let that stop me...I really pushed it today, asking more and more of myself, increasing the weights AND the reps, decreasing my recovery time slightly. After my BB BOR I started to feel better. I felt strong and powerful, and my lifts were a little more explosive than usual. By the end of the session I felt like I was only really just getting started and didn't want to leave!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Deep and unbroken and full of disturbing dreams...

Mental Alertness: Ready to get into some more study. I need to find 15 articles for my meta-analysis; DEFINITELY need to be in the mood when doing that, since it's going to take a LOT of time.

Energy: Didn't feel like I had any during my run, but in the gym it just seemed to be there. Weird. Maybe I need to make my Day Off in the middle of the week instead of at the end???

Motivation: Good.

Mood: After that awesome gym session it's great. Happy. Pleased.

Endurance: Good. As always.

Pump and Vascularity: Vascularity awesome in the gym. There seems to be some connection with my vasularity and CHO intake. Last week I had very HIGH CHO intake and my vasculaity was exceptional. The last couple of days, on lower CHO (~100g) it has been almost non-existant, except for during the last half of my resistance sessions. Last night I had a heap of CHO a couple of hours before bed, and this morning, even BEFORE I went to the gym, vascularity was high.

Strength: High.

Quality of Training: Not so sure about the run. But gym session was awesome!

Body Composition and Look: Even when relaxed my arms are hard now (which is a good thing). I got told the other day that my glutes are not as hard as they were when I was still cycling on a semi-regular basis; so maybe I might start doing some hillwork a couple of times a week instead of a run...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm finally feeling some DOMS in my anterior delts from Monday; it's actually a good feeling. A small upset tummy, but that will pass. The sun's going to come out today
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-14-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 11 cont.

Mental Alertness: Good. Need a bit of a break though. Although the time DOES pass fairly quickly.

Energy: Have been fine throughout the day so far. Not gotten tired or sleepy, which is great. I was so tempted to do another run or a boxing session after all that study, but have refrained, and am allowing myself to RECOVER.

Motivation: Better than ever.

Mood: Still happy

Endurance: Good. As always.

Pump and Vascularity: Definitely the CHO intake has a big effect on this. Today is a higher CHO day and vascularity has been more noticeable as the day has gone on and I've eaten more CHO.

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS gone now. Feeling a lot better.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 12

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minute warm-up then 28 x 20 seconds work/10 seconds easy, finishing with 2 minutes easy jogging. It was raining when I woke up, and was still quite heavy at 0420, so I decided to do my efforts on my rollers this morning. However, just before I was about to get on them I had another look outside and the rain had stopped. So I went out running. Glad I did. I DIDN'T want to STOP sprinting today; I just felt so GREAT! I might push it out to 25 minutes next week. Anyways, the Big Fella was kind, and the rain started again 5 minutes after I got home!

0600 - Chest/Abs/Calves:
    Another great session. My strength is really increasing (the higher CHO intake?). Anyways, so started out well. Since I haven't done DB Flyes (did these on the incline bench, flat next week) since about this time last year I just picked a light weight. Light is right, LOL; I kept going up, and ended up needing TWICE as much! Vascularity really coming out again. Arms looking REALLY good.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0309; ~5 hours sleep. Deep. Unbroken. There may have been some dreams spattered in there at some stage.

Mental Alertness: Really there at the moment. Maybe I DID just need last week to settle back into routine. (Same goes for energy levels).

Energy: I'm going to be bouncing off the walls today

Motivation: Very high. I am also getting loads of support, which is making a difference. It's great! Last time I competed only 2 people were positive about what I was doing; everyone else thought I should stop being so 'hard out' with training and concentrate on being more 'feminine' and finding a guy (Yeah, right; can you hear me laughing and see me shaking my head in disgust? When WILL people figure out that I'm NOT like most of the girls they know, nor am ever likely to be either?!).

Mood: It's still really high!

Endurance: Awesome. High. Getting better too, from the looks of it.

Pump and Vascularity: High. Upper arms are starting to look as vascular as lower arms now. Veins 'popping' out in lower torso also, around ASIS.

Strength: High. Getting better too!

Quality of Training: AWESOME! Loving it!

Body Composition and Look: Upper body is continuing to look better almost every day. Come on then, from the waist down; follow suit. Funny; last time I competed all the fat came off my lower body FIRST; now it's coming from the top...shrug...The body is never constant...But it will all fall into place in a few more weeks...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Really good. I'm feeling so positive and happy. It's not just the awesome training sessions or seeing tangible, measurable results, but almost everything. I'm also travelling a lot more now, and will be in Wellington almost every second weekend seeing friends and clients, which gives me 'time away' and a chance to 'relax from life' every so often, something that I've never really done before. It's actually nice to sit back and 'slow down' sometimes...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Tanya has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You've got one of the most complete logs I've ever read....Will get you that IGF-2 Next week.

You look great
    Treat every day as if it were your last!
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com
    www.appnut.com

Originally Posted by The Tanya View Post
    You've got one of the most complete logs I've ever read....Will get you that IGF-2 Next week.

You look great
    Thanks, Tanya. I'm loving the RPM and Neovar at the moment. Can't wait for the IGF-2, to stack it with the Neovar.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-14-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach