batang_mcdo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

muscle pain after days after workout.

Is there something wrong ?
    after a period of not going to the gym,
    I went to the gym and after a few days my muscles hurt
    anyway to relieve pain?
    also is this normal? i always experience this, just wanted to be sure that its normal

will massage help?

also will taking in more protein help to recover faster?

bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by batang_mcdo
    Is there something wrong ?
    after a period of not going to the gym,
    I went to the gym and after a few days my muscles hurt
    anyway to relieve pain?
    also is this normal? i always experience this, just wanted to be sure that its normal

will massage help?

also will taking in more protein help to recover faster?
    Stretch out good beofre and after. Also just like when you started you probably felt sore, could be just cuz ur getting back into it, or is it different pain? Are you working too hard?

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    here is DC stretching:

1.) Shoulders: Put a barbell in the squat rack shoulder height. Face away from it and reach back and grab it palms up (hands on bottom of bar). Then walk yourself outward until you are on your heels and the stretch gets painful--then roll your shoulders downward and hold for 60 seconds.

2.) Biceps: Place the Olympic bar in a power rack or squat rack about neck high. Face away from it and reach back and put both hands over the bar gripping it. Now either sink down with one leg forward / one leg back or better yet squat down and try to kneel. Go down to the stretch that is almost unbearable and then hold that for 45 to 60 seconds. Your own bodyweight is the load.

3.) Triceps: Take a heavy dumbbell and sit on a bench. Place the dumbbell in the bottom position of the single hand French press and hold it there for a minimum of 50-60 seconds.

4.) Chest: Take heavy dumbbells and get ready to do flat flyes. Hold the dumbbell in the “down” position of the fly for a minimum of 60 seconds.

5.) Back: Hang on the pull-up machine with a dumbbell strapped onto you for the longest possible time.

6.) Hamstrings: Put your leg on a high barbell and hold your toe for 60 seconds. Try to force your leg straight.

7.) Quadriceps: Place the barbell on the smith machine hip high. Face the barbell. Then place your hands on it. Grip it and simultaneously sink down and throw your kneews under the barbell. It is like a sissy squat. Try to go up on your toes. Then straighten your arms and lean as far back as possible. Stay this way for 60 seconds.

8.) Calves: Do calf raises free hand or on a leg press. Take a heavy load on the leg press. Perform the calf raise with explosive force and then slowly go down. The time take for your feet to become parallel to the floor (as in the case of standing calf raises) should be 5 seconds. Perform a maximum of 12 reps. If you can do more, then increase the resistance.

ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always get real sore as my strength goes up, especially legs. Sometimes for 5 or 6 days too. The more weight you use, the sorer you will get. Now you know why steroids are so tempting to take.

Anyway, I have recently changed to a total body workout training program for the first time in 20 years of lifting. For example, instead of blasting my legs once a week for 90 minutes, I now do 1 set of squats every day. I also do 1 set of benches, cleans, etc every day too. This has worked great as far as soreness goes because 1*set will not hammer my legs hard enough to get them sore. The only problem with this sort of training is learning to lift fairly heavy without much warming up....just jumping right to the work set.

Anyway, it sure beats having to wait 10 days for my legs to recover enough to work them out again. 20 years of that crap is enough.