Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It starts on the inside.. kswag934's Avatar
    kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Please help me meet my goals - Amateur

About Me:

I have been lifting weights for about 4-5 months and I am 20 years old. I've made pretty good gains. I've added about 10 pounds of muscle in this time but I'm still not where I want to be. Currently, I am 6'0'' 170 pounds. I bench 155-165-175 in sets (10-8-6). I started on 95 pounds. I curl 40 lb dumbbells and do 150ish on a tricep pull down rope. I shrug two 90 lb dumbbells and I have yet to do deadlifts. My form is so messed up on deadlifts and I have had a history of back pains so I have avoided them. I did squats for the first time yesterday on a machine. I have read that deadlifts and squats are vital to any workout so it has worried me that this could be hindering my progress. I use many different machines at the gym for shoulders, back, and legs. I try to do as many free weights as I can for my arms and chest. Excuse my terminology because I am new but I just wanted to give you a good idea of where I am at strength wise.

My Routine:

I do 3-4 exercises for 3 sets for each muscle. I attempt to 10-8-6 but I don't always get that many. I do less reps at more weight because I heard this is the best way to build muscle. Please correct my if I am wrong. No matter what, I always do more than 3 reps. For example, my bench could look something like this one day: 1st set: 9 reps at 155 lbs, 2nd set: 6 reps at 165 lbs, 3rd set: 3 reps at 175 lbs. As soon as I get 10 reps on the first set I bump things up.

Day 1: Biceps/Back
    Day 2: Chest/Triceps
    Day 3: Shoulders/Legs
    Day 4: Rest

***Note: Sometimes I do shoulders on Day 3, legs on Day 4, and the rest Day 5 extending the cycle***

At the moment, no cardio or abs.

Here are some examples of exercises I do for each muscle. Biceps: regular dumbbell curls, preacher curls, hammer curls. Back: all machines (more about this in question #4 below). Chest: bench press, inclince & decline bench, flys. Triceps: all machines/rope pulldown. Shoulders: Shrugs, dumbbells over my head while sitting down (not sure of the name), a machine exercise too. Legs: All machines, including a squat machine.

Then I repeat the cycle. I wish I could have it assigned M-F but I don't want to take too many days off because when I do that, I seem to have a drop off in my strength progress. If anyone has a good idea to how to go about doing this, please let me know. I know some people will say I'm overtraining but I don't feel that way. The longer wait, the less progress I make.

My Diet:

I have not changed my diet very much. I try to eat more protein. That's about it. No supplements. I usually have a protein bar, milk, peanut butter, and/or some type of meat sandwich after my workouts. My diet needs a lot of work. I am moving out very very soon to my own place so I figured this would be a good time to start and I would like have something set up.

My Goals:

1. I want to increase my bench press. I feel this is my weakest point.
    2. I want bigger arms and more definition. I am already cut a decent amount but I want to have pretty big arms.
    3. I want more defined abs. I had been doing 8 minute abs but I stopped when I read that it doesn't do anything but make your abs stronger. You need to lose weight for a 6-pack by doing cardio. However, I also read that doing cardio can hinder your strength gains for my overall workout.
    4. I want to be able to jump about 6 inches higher. I can hang on the rim now with 1 hand but I want to be able to dunk. I know this is silly but it's a goal I have set for myself.

My Questions:

1. What supplements are vital to a well rounded workout? I currently have 4 things in my shopping cart from bodybuilding.com totalling $80 and that's more than I want to spend. They are Purple-K (100 capsules), Micronized Glutamine (500 grams), Flax Oil (16 oz), and Whey Protein (2 lbs). My friend suggested these supplements to me and said he would tell me how to integrate them in to my diet properly. I would like a second opinion. Which are these important, vital and which can I go without? Which have the most importances for my goals?

2. How do I get a 6-pack while stile gaining muscle around the rest of my body? Is this still possible? I wouldn't call myself skinny but I am slim and pretty well cut around my body, except my stomach. How do I get those abs?

3. Could someone please suggest a proper diet for my goals? My friend gave me a recipe for a oatmeal shake in the morning (which he includes the supplements above) but other than that, I really have nothing to go on.

4. Are not doing dead lifts going to hurt me with my gains? I DO work out all parts of my back but just not with deadlifts. The gym I go to has a wide variety of machines. Some are hammer strength (if that's the name?) where you attach weights yourself and some are with the pins.

5. What are some good free weight exercises for triceps?

6. Am I missing any good free weigh exercises that could help more than machines?

7. Should I start doing cardio or will this mess up my gains?

I know this is lengthy. Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide any help whatsover. As you can see, I am pretty clueless.
    Last edited by kfink85; 02-12-2006 at 02:43 PM.

kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kswag934 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy

bump

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude, try doing a search for some of those questions cus they have been asked a million times. Here is a good source of info to start you out with....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...highlight=pack
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Originally Posted by RipStone
    Dude, try doing a search for some of those questions cus they have been asked a million times. Here is a good source of info to start you out with....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...highlight=pack
    Thanks for the link. I'm looking through the stuff and it is 100 of pages.

If someone could just pick at what I asked 1 by 1, I'd really appreciate it. I don't have enough time to go through all that stuff.

bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kfink85
    bump
    Okay, what does it mean when ya all just type in the word bump?

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the link. I'm looking through the stuff and it is 100 of pages.

If someone could just pick at what I asked 1 by 1, I'd really appreciate it. I don't have enough time to go through all that stuff.
    Read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=685166

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ok i'll help...

I want to increase my bench press. I feel this is my weakest point.
    no problemo dude... its normal.. all of us get stuck there...

i think a 5x5 or Mark Rippettoe's 3x5 will help greatly...

Originally Posted by Mark Rippettoe

This routine is Mark Rippetoe’s variation of Bill Starr’s 5x5.

Muscle gains of 30-40lb in six months are possible for a well fed lifter as well as massive strength gains in the major lifts.

The Routine:-

Workout A

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    3x5 Deadlift / Power Clean 5x3, alternate every workout ''A''

Workout B

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Incline Bench Press / Military Press, alternate every workout “B”
    3x5 Chin-ups / Lat Pull Downs, alternate every workout “B”
    3x8 Weighted Hyperextensions / Good Mornings

What is the frequency of training?

You alternate workout A and B, 3 non-consecutive days per week. So you might do:

Week 1
    M – Workout A
    W – Workout B
    F – Workout A

Week 2
    M – Workout B
    W – Workout A
    F – Workout B

How to Warm-up?

Warm up using several sets before doing the 3 work sets. If you're using 175, for example, it would look like this:

Warm up sets

2x5xbar (sets x reps x weight)
    1x5x85
    1x3x125
    1x2x155 Work sets

3x5x175

What about load progression?

Add weight to the bar whenever possible. If you're very new to lifting weights, or if most of your lifting has focused on curls and other isolation movements, you'll probably be able to add some weight each workout. You will probably be able to increase the weights by 5-10 kgs each time in the Squat and Deadlift, and about 5 kgs in the other three lifts.

Is it possible to add direct arm-work into the program?

It's fine to add some assistance work such as Abdominals, Hyperextensions, or maybe some direct Biceps and Triceps work, but don't overdo it. For direct arm work, 3 sets of 8 of one lift for each muscle at the end of your last workout of the week will be plenty. Your arms are getting hit hard all week on this routine, so you don't want to blast them with iso stuff as well.

It is more advisable however to add exercises such as Chin-ups (with varied grips) and Parallel Bar Dips for better arm growth. Your arms may not be very strong by doing this, but they will definitely become big.

What about nutrition?

Eat a whole lot of food.

The part about food is important. You MUST eat big to get big. Rippetoe recommends 4 meals per day, plus a gallon of milk spread throughout the day."
    moving on,

I want bigger arms and more definition. I am already cut a decent amount but I want to have pretty big arms.
    that means u want mass... do more compound lifts like parallel bar dips and close grip chins... these wont necessarily make your arms STRONG, but they will become big...

I want more defined abs. I had been doing 8 minute abs but I stopped when I read that it doesn't do anything but make your abs stronger. You need to lose weight for a 6-pack by doing cardio. However, I also read that doing cardio can hinder your strength gains for my overall workout.
    yes, its ture: your body fat MUST be lowered in order to show off a 6 pack...

high volume low intensity (in other words: running for a long time at a moderate pace) will result in muscle loss and diminish strength gains considerably, BUT high volume high intensity (running for an overall longer time at a rapid pace), will not result in strength loss...

for eample, do 2 mile sprints a coupla times. it wont result in muscle loss, but fat will be burnt..

another option is HIIT (do a search for that one my friend)

I want to be able to jump about 6 inches higher. I can hang on the rim now with 1 hand but I want to be able to dunk. I know this is silly but it's a goal I have set for myself.
    check out christian thibaueau's last article:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=859906

i hope i've been of help... all the best with whichever decision you make, and pm me if u need any help...

take care

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oh, and i must say: the only reason why i replied with so much detail to your post is because you presented yourself well... u din't leave me in the dark guessing what your upto... i appreciate that... why don't more ppl do this...?

Thanks very much. All of your info was very helpful

Thanks very much. All of your info was very helpful
    no problem

9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ashimmatthan
    Originally Posted by Mark Rippettoe....
    That looks awfully familiar. I'd appreciate it if you gave me credit for the post and didn't completely change it around. Why such a big change? This is not the workout I outlined in the original post, nor is it a routine Rippetoe has mentioned as far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't believe it's a variation of a Bill Starr 5x5 program either. Progression is completely different, and that's what maks it a true 5x5 program.

Workout A

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    3x5 Deadlift / Power Clean 5x3, alternate every workout ''A''
    No, it's bench, squat, power clean.

Workout B

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Incline Bench Press / Military Press, alternate every workout “B”
    3x5 Chin-ups / Lat Pull Downs, alternate every workout “B”
    3x8 Weighted Hyperextensions / Good Mornings
    Incline bench is not part of the program, nor are chins, pulldowns, hypers, or good mornings. Workout B is squat, press, deadlift.

I took that program directly from Starting Strength on page 196. If Rippetoe has recommended the program you laid out, please correct me, but please also have the decency to write your own post instead of editing mine at will. Here is the original post, with the routine exactly as laid out in Rippetoe's book:

Originally Posted by 9cyclops9
    Here's a routine for beginners suggested by Mark Rippetoe, who specializes in getting beginners big and strong. A 30-40 lb increase in muscular bodyweight over a 6 month period is pretty standard with his athletes.

Workout A

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B

3x5 Squat
    3x5 Military Press
    3x5 Power Clean

Warm up using several sets before doing the 3 work sets (or 1 for the deadlift). If you're using 175, for example, it would look like this:

Warm up sets

2x5xbar (sets x reps x weight)
    1x5x85
    1x3x125
    1x2x155

Work sets

3x5x175

You alternate workout A and B, 3 non-consecutive days per week. So you might do:

Week 1

M

Workout A

W

Workout B

F

Workout A

Week 2

M

Workout B

W

Workout A

F

Workout B

Add weight to the bar whenever possible. If you're very new to lifting weights, or if most of your lifting has focused on curls and other isolation movements, you'll probably be able to add some weight each workout. Maybe 5-10 lbs each time in the squat and deadlift, and about 5 lbs in the other three lifts. Eventually you won't be able to sustain such progress, and you'll have to get microplates so you can increase by smaller increments. Or you could make them out of chain:

http://davedraper.com/forum/showflat...3/Main/126754/

And eat a lot of food. A whole lot.

It's fine to add some assistance work such as abs, hypers, or maybe some direct biceps and triceps work, but don't overdo it. For direct arm work, 3 sets of 8 of one lift for each muscle at the end of your last workout of the week will be plenty. Your arms are getting hit hard all week on this routine, so you don't want to blast them with iso stuff as well.

The part about food is important. You MUST eat big to get big. Rippetoe recommends 4 meals per day, plus a gallon of milk spread throughout the day. That seems to be working well for me. Make the meals big. For instance, I might have an 8 oz steak, large baked potato, a big salad with olive oil and vinegar, and a large glass of milk. This is around 1000 calories for this one meal. A lot, yes, but you need a surplus to grow. You may gain some fat, but it's much easier to lose fat and preserve muscle mass than it is to gain muscle without gaining fat.

To quote Rippetoe directly,

Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    It is possible, and quite likely, that skinny kids on this program will gain 10-15 lbs. of non-fat bodyweight in the first 2 weeks of a good barbell training program, provided they eat well. "Well" means 4 or so meals per day, based on meat and egg protein sources, with lots of fruit and vegetables, and lots of milk. Lots. Most sources within the heavy training community agree that a good starting place is one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day, with the rest of the diet making up 2500-5000 calories, depending on training requirements and body composition. Although these numbers provide much eyebrow-raising and cautionary statement-issuing from the registered dietetics people, it is a fact that these numbers work well for the vast majority of trainees, and have done so for decades.
    Back from the grave.

jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbuxstarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. What supplements are vital to a well rounded workout? I currently have 4 things in my shopping cart from bodybuilding.com totalling $80 and that's more than I want to spend. They are Purple-K (100 capsules), Micronized Glutamine (500 grams), Flax Oil (16 oz), and Whey Protein (2 lbs). My friend suggested these supplements to me and said he would tell me how to integrate them in to my diet properly. I would like a second opinion. Which are these important, vital and which can I go without? Which have the most importances for my goals?.
    Whats up Kfink? Personally I feel a good core for supplements for someone to start out with is 1)A good Multi-vitamin ex. NOW Adam, 2)Good Whey Protein ex. Optimum Nutrition has several flavors, 3)A good CEE product there are several out there and 4)Fish oil gelcaps you can even find these at Wal-Mart. This is just my opinion and something I've learned over the past year or two. Aside from these basics the top three things you need a lot of are Rest for recovery, food eating the right food is important and last water drinking about a gallon of water a day. I hate the water part because you'll have to piss every five minutes but these are all monumental for good gains. Everything I've listed are what I use myself and have been happy with the results. Well I hope this helps goodluck.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=1122156&postcount=1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167918

Bold 200 believer!

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like he quoted it from someone else who edited it. But yea, they did change it up in a stupid way. I have Starting Strength and cyclops' original type up is what apppears in the book and that modded version is someone messing with it. So, for anyone thinking of trying this do the version cyclops posted as it is the real one.

9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Liquidtensi0n
    Looks like he quoted it from someone else who edited it. But yea, they did change it up in a stupid way.
    That's quite possible. If that's the case, then I apologize to ashimmatthan.
    Back from the grave.

That's quite possible. If that's the case, then I apologize to ashimmatthan.
    it is the case sir...

i din steal it from you.... and yes, i did come across your's the other day...

this is actually a modified version of it for someone who wants to learn how to deadlift big as well...

when i made this post i thought that i HAD to put someone's name on it... so i put rippetone's... now, i know that i don't need to put any name....

sorry for the misunderstanding.... i was only trying to help....

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^

The reason why deads are in there for only one set is that according to Ripptoe, it's enough for a beginner to hit one heavy set (after warmups) on this exercise and make progress for a good while. Throwing in more sets of this taxing lift could overtrain a beginner on this program. You can "learn to deadlift big" without throwing in those other sets.

Also, the rearrangement of exercises isn't right. You are supposed to alternate bench with military so both lifts receieve equal attention not bench, military and incline. Incline is not in this routine at all. Also, if you notice the setup is always squats first, upper body push second, and pull last. This is so that you warm up with squats, do an upper body push move to give your lower body a break and then end with a pull that involves the lower body. The only really OK sub to make in this program is bent over rows for powercleans if someone doesn't know how to do them. Power cleans are hard to learn without coaching so rows is the most suitable sub.

The reason why deads are in there for only one set is that according to Ripptoe, it's enough for a beginner to hit one heavy set (after warmups) on this exercise and make progress for a good while. Throwing in more sets of this taxing lift could overtrain a beginner on this program. You can "learn to deadlift big" without throwing in those other sets.
    ok... but this isnt mine... i got this off some site... i think xtrememass or intensemuscle... yet, i get your point...

Originally Posted by LiquidtensiOn
    You are supposed to alternate bench with military so both lifts receieve equal attention not bench, military and incline. Incline is not in this routine at all.
    ok, this i can comment on... it means u either do flat / incline... and on the next time do military... so u choose flat / incline... its not a 3 exercise rotation...

Originally Posted by LiquidtensiOn
    Also, if you notice the setup is always squats first, upper body push second, and pull last. This is so that you warm up with squats, do an upper body push move to give your lower body a break and then end with a pull that involves the lower body. The only really OK sub to make in this program is bent over rows for powercleans if someone doesn't know how to do them. Power cleans are hard to learn without coaching so rows is the most suitable sub.
    ok...

look man... i'm not here to be a smart ass.... i found this routine because i couldnt remember whcih post i read cyclops from.... AND... i'm only helping this guy.... i'm not here to plagerize or "steal" someone's hard earned effort...

sorry we got off on th wrong foot....

didn't mean to...

Dude it's all good... I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I'm just clarifying the reason why the routine's original form is presented that way in the book.

Thumbs up

it is the case sir...

i din steal it from you.... and yes, i did come across your's the other day...

this is actually a modified version of it for someone who wants to learn how to deadlift big as well...

when i made this post i thought that i HAD to put someone's name on it... so i put rippetone's... now, i know that i don't need to put any name....

sorry for the misunderstanding.... i was only trying to help....
    No prob bro. Things happen. Sorry for going off.

Liquid is spot on with his posts. The program really doesn't need to be changed, other than possibly doing rows instead of power cleans as he mentioned.
    Back from the grave.

Dude it's all good... I'm not saying you did anything wrong.
    ok... i thought i'd help coz he wasn't getting any advice as such.. only links... so i thought i'd help out with my limited knowledge...

"Greatest Gig in the Sky" young and strong's Avatar
    young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm currently doing ripptoes workout.
    DO IT, it's a good workout and has improved me squat by 21 pounds
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by young and strong
    I'm currently doing ripptoes workout.
    DO IT, it's a good workout and has improved me squat by 21 pounds
    thats it....? only 21 lbs = 10 kgs approx....? dude.. how long have you been doing it...?

No prob bro. Things happen. Sorry for going off.
    no problem man... we cool...

Liquid is spot on with his posts. The program really doesn't need to be changed, other than possibly doing rows instead of power cleans as he mentioned.
    that was actually news for me... i din noe and i am DEFINITELY under the impression that power cleans = clean and press = hang and snatch.... i've been looking at the picture descriptions of these exercises on bb.com, and they all appear to be the same man... whats the difference...?

i am DEFINITELY under the impression that power cleans = clean and press = hang and snatch.... i've been looking at the picture descriptions of these exercises on bb.com, and they all appear to be the same man... whats the difference...?
    wait.. cancel that... i know all the differences now... i checked on exrx.net..

but, if anyone wants to know what they look like, here are the links:

1.) Hang Clean
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...HangClean.html

2.) Clean
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/Clean.html

3.) Hang Pull
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym.../HangPull.html

4.) High Pull
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym.../HighPull.html

5.) Jump Shrug
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...JumpShrug.html

6.) Hang Jump Shrug

7.) Barbell Shrug
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Trap...r/BBShrug.html

8.) Front Squat
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...rontSquat.html

9.) Barbell Full Squat
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Glut...FullSquat.html

10.) Barbell Deadlift
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Glut...BDeadlift.html

11.) Military Press
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Delt...taryPress.html

12.) Push Press
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...PushPress.html

13.) Split Jerk
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...SplitJerk.html

14.) Clean and Jerk
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...anAndJerk.html

i know i've listed a lot of other exercises as well.. its coz i was confused as to how to execute some of them... and decided to add all the "Powerlifting" exercises

btw, i'm on OVT right now... week 3

wait.. cancel that... i know all the differences now... i checked on exrx.net..

but, if anyone wants to know what they look like, here are the links:

1.) Hang Clean
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...HangClean.html

2.) Clean
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/Clean.html

3.) Hang Pull
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym.../HangPull.html

4.) High Pull
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym.../HighPull.html

5.) Jump Shrug

6.) Hang Jump Shrug

7.) Barbell Shrug
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Trap...r/BBShrug.html

8.) Front Squat
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...rontSquat.html

9.) Barbell Full Squat
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Glut...FullSquat.html

10.) Barbell Deadlift
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Glut...BDeadlift.html

11.) Military Press
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Delt...taryPress.html

12.) Push Press
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...PushPress.html

13.) Split Jerk
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...SplitJerk.html

14.) Clean and Jerk
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Olym...anAndJerk.html

i know i've listed a lot of other exercises as well.. its coz i was confused as to how to execute some of them... and decided to add all the "Powerlifting" exercises

btw, i'm on OVT right now... week 3
    wow. thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. hopefully this will help with my form.

young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thats it....? only 21 lbs = 10 kgs approx....? dude.. how long have you been doing it...?
    2 weeks,
    and i was doing parawell squats the first two w/o sessions.
    i currently doing ATG Squats
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

wow. thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. hopefully this will help with my form.
    anytime bro.. and all the best

2 weeks,
    and i was doing parawell squats the first two w/o sessions.
    i currently doing ATG Squats
    A2G squats are amazing.... much better than parallel squats....

good choice

A2G squats are amazing.... much better than parallel squats....

good choice
    Thanks, they are good.
    How long do you think i can keep adding 5 pounds each workout?

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Thanks, they are good.
    How long do you think i can keep adding 5 pounds each workout?
    where are you now...? what are your stats...? what supps u on...? it all depened s on that...