Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lesnar vs. Mir Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

This is not the MMA Section but I am sure there will be some discussion on Lesnar's upcoming fight tomorrow night. Please keep all discussion and results regarding the fight in this thread as I'm sure there will be alot of posts about this when it's over...either posts from us celebrating his win or spam from MMA Sectioner's reveling in his defeat.

Here are photo's from the official weigh-in:

Lesnar appears to have the height, weight and reach advantage not to mention strength and bigger hands and I maintain that if he fires a shot and it lands on Mir's jaw, the former UFC HW champion will be in trouble. On the other hand, Mir looks in the best shape I've ever seen him in so it's likely that he'll be coming to this fight with a gas tank. He has more to lose in this.

Lesnar was just on UFC: All Access. Did anybody see that?

Another fight I am interested in is Sylvia/Nog. I've visualised this fight in my head several times and I just can't see Nog pulling it off.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The all access was insane! i think he's ready for this and will dominate.
    Who do you think is gonna win snits?

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anything can happen in there but this should be Brock's fight, so I'm going with him.

Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bazz. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Snitsky View Post
    Anything can happen in there but this should be Brock's fight, so I'm going with him.
    nice i agree and for nog and silva as well, i think nog will lose by decision

AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    **** Australia not getting the fight till like 2 weeks afterwards.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.

Delayed telecast makes me a

Bench: 572lbs (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrAfn0TfkY&feature=youtu.be)
    Squat: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/hnvJ0SdCYKw)
    Deadlift: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/KDS6TQ_--eM)
    Bent Over Row: 485lbs (https://youtu.be/dc-t9k3f208)
    Over Head Press: 405lbs (https://youtu.be/h3o4jOBa8IM)

Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I say it's a 50/50. I'm rooting for Brock Lesnar though. I always have liked him since WWE.
    Want to reach that aesthetically pleasing body? Learn more about EC STACK
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135110051

AI Sports Nutrition REVIEW
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136400421

Myofusion PROBIOTIC SERIES (Milk Chocolate)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139724683

kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How could Brock be the favorite? He has no MMA experience and he is fighting a former HW champ with expert jiu jitsu skills.

I would be surprised if Brock wins. I just don't see him being able to counter Mir's submissions.

Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khoraji will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hate Tim Sylvia. There's been several threads already where I've declared my everlasting loathing of him. I hope Nogueira stomps a mudhole in his ass.

Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by kingdd View Post
    How could Brock be the favorite? He has no MMA experience and he is fighting a former HW champ with expert jiu jitsu skills.

I would be surprised if Brock wins. I just don't see him being able to counter Mir's submissions.
    Agreed. I don't see him avoiding or countering any submission, nor do I see him taking a hit in the face good. He's never been tested as far as engaging in a physical fight, he hasnt been hit in the face. Mir is no small asian dude. He's a very experienced and skilled MMA fighter. Mir > Lesnar. I'm not saying it's impossible for Lesnar to win, of course it's possible. But highly unlikely IMO.

I know that and it's well known that Mir hasn't been the same fighter ever since returning from that motorcycle accident. Brock has been training hard to defend against Mir's submission which to me is the only way he could win.

I think Brock has a very good chance of KO'ing or TKO'ing him especially if it goes past the first round and drags out into the middle of the second round. While Mir looks in the best shape I've seen him in, he should still gas before Lesnar.

kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingdd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know that and it's well known that Mir hasn't been the same fighter ever since returning from that motorcycle accident. Brock has been training hard to defend against Mir's submission which to me is the only way he could win.

I think Brock has a very good chance of KO'ing or TKO'ing him especially if it goes past the first round and drags out into the middle of the second round. While Mir looks in the best shape I've seen him in, he should still gas before Lesnar.
    That would be the only scenario I could see Brock winning. The longer the fight goes, the better chance Lesnar has. He has shown in his wrestling career that he is a maniac when it comes to cardio conditioning.

I still find it very unlikely that this would happen. I think Brock bit off a little more than he could chew with his first UFC fight. Frank Mir is a battle tested veteran. You just don't go after these kind of guys in your first fight. They will take you to school.

That would be the only scenario I could see Brock winning. The longer the fight goes, the better chance Lesnar has. He has shown in his wrestling career that he is a maniac when it comes to cardio conditioning.

I still find it very unlikely that this would happen. I think Brock bit off a little more than he could chew with his first UFC fight. Frank Mir is a battle tested veteran. You just don't go after these kind of guys in your first fight. They will take you to school.
    I'll agree with that. Especially the second half and that is exactly why Mir has more to lose in this fight too. If he wins though, he'll climb his way back to the top while Lesnar will start from the very beginning and be given cans whom he'll have to beat in order to justify his loss.

I want Lesnar to win but it'd be nice to see the Frank Mir of old again. I still really think he'll need to be the old Mir to beat him. When they're on the ground though, that submission could come at any given time out of nowhere I guess no matter what round it is. It'll be interesting to see nonetheless...I at least hope Brock fights well even if he doesn't get the victory.

Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Calgore02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

r u serouis mir could knock brock is more likely than brock knocking mir out mir started out is training in kickboxing-mui tia so i say he;s more deadly lesnar's a wrestler the only thing he'll be able to do is take him to the ground where he'll get submitted its 10% chance of lesnar actually winning imo

Originally Posted by Calgore02 View Post
    r u serouis mir could knock brock is more likely than brock knocking mir out mir started out is training in kickboxing-mui tia so i say he;s more deadly lesnar's a wrestler the only thing he'll be able to do is take him to the ground where he'll get submitted its 10% chance of lesnar actually winning imo
    Anything could happen, but it's highly unlikely that Mir will get a KO and Lesnar has a better chance of finishing Mir IMO. I know Mir has one KO but against Wes Sims who was completely gassed at the time. Lesnar will no doubt push the pace early and Mir has to catch him with something before he gets exhausted or overwhelmed at all.

For what it's worth, the majority of the UFC 81 Odds sites has Lesnar as the favorite over the veteran and former UFC champion. Most are predicting Lesnar will take this by 1.5 rounds. And I've bet on him so he'd better win now!

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think Brock will take him down and outmuscle him. I think Brock is strong enough and good enough at ground control to avoid/power out of most submissions Mir will throw at him.

If Brock wants to win he needs to fight on top on the ground and try to gas Mir out by putting all his weight on him, which I think he can do. Mir looked like trash off his back against Cruz. Granted Cruz was a BJJ black belt, but Brock is a far stronger guy and probably has harder GnP; Mir's hips just looked bad period against Cruz.

It's gonna be a bad idea for Brock to try to get cocky and stand up and trade against Mir though. I would wager that Brock's standup is very slow and mechanical, and Mir's standup actually looked very much improved when he fought Brandon Vera.

Brock just needs to take him down and smother him until he tires out, then go for some hard GnP after Frank is too tired to go for anything significant.

It's all about the peaks GBLynden's Avatar
    GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish I could see it!
    CPT, CES, and FNS
    *RC Planes Crew*
    *Forbidden Hobbies Crew*

Learn about RC Flight: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180955113&p=1653577913#post1653577913

Join the Forbidden Hobbies Crew: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150920093&p=1005801753#post1005801753

Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve J0bs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
    I wish I could see it!
    Torrent ftw man!
    Want to reach that aesthetically pleasing body? Learn more about EC STACK
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135110051

AI Sports Nutrition REVIEW
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136400421

Myofusion PROBIOTIC SERIES (Milk Chocolate)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139724683

OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This fight is really up in the air with me, I hate calling fights in general just because it's so hard and there are so many upsets. But I still call fights based on what I know about the fighters.

Brock is obviously a superior wrestler, one of the best in the MMA game right now and if you watch MMA you know wrestlers are a pretty dominant force at the moment. The only thing is we haven't seen Brocks BJJ/BJJ defense, so that is the only thing I can really see him getting caught with but he should be able to transition to side control and mount fairly easily. I have a feeling he won't have tons of problems with Mir on the stand up.

I am going to go with Brock via GnP round 2.

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lesnar looks really different off the heavy juice.
    AP5 Crew

hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Lesnar looks really different off the heavy juice.
    I heard he went from 295 to 265...and he looked leaner at 295 on that sauce...
    $$$$BIG MONEY BALLER CREW$$$$$

Lifetime reps..
    kenkong..n00bi3..Drew23

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lesnar looks like a supersize version of Frank Mir in those weigh-in pics. i haven't been this hyped for a UFC event since a Couture's return to fight Sylvia.

i placed a few wagers on a betting site that some of the guys have a team on in the MMA section (if you like Snits i can get you invited into our team) and i put 'money' (fake, yes) on Frank Mir. i don't want to bet against either man as i'm a huge fan of both men professionally and personally, but i can't see Lesnar escaping a submission from Mir once he gets it locked in, Mir's finished fights quickly with one sub attempt, Lesnar could fall victim to this.

prediction: Mir by sub, mid-late round 1 OR Lesnar by TKO on the ground, mid round 1.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Tim Sylvia - ok, so "Antonio Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira" is the longest name that Bruce Buffer's ever had to call, just thought i'd throw that in, took him a while to say it last time and it seemed to go on forever.

i've ran this fight through my head many times, i can't see Nogueira winning. i'd love to watch Sylvia get beat (like most people), but Sylvia's takedown/sub defence is really something, and i can't see Nog dropping him and then moving into a sub that way. i also cannot see Sylvia KO'ing Minotauro, he's KO'd some big guys, but everyone knows how much punishment Nogueira can take.

prediction: Sylvia by Unanimous decision or Nogueira by sub, mid round 2 or 3.

some other interesting bouts on the card, i was looking forward to Belcher/Almeida until Belcher had to pull out (bronchitus - sp?), and Nate Marquardt/Jeremy Horn will be a good fight, Tyson Griffin will fight again as well, he normally puts on a show. i was a bit gutted that Marvin Eastman/Terry Martin wasn't on the main card, i wanted to see Martin fight again, i'm quite a fan. however as far as i know it's a swing bout, so it's the first one to be shown on TV if the fights are ending quickly.

hope everyone enjoys the event, it's clear that Brock is attracting attention from the wrestling world to this fight, interesting to see how many fans actually buy the PPV to watch the fights. i'll warn you guys, i think once you go to MMA, you don't go back at least that's what i found with MMA over wrestling.

Hagen: I wasn't aware or Mir's improved stand-up. I just remember him getting bloodied and beaten in that fight more than anything else. Lesnar is untested on his feet, but after training for 2 years, let's just hope he's at least competent there.

RiK: I am looking forward to Marquardt/Horn too and was looking forward to seeing Belcher fight, too bad he had to pull out. Glad to know Martin/Eastman is a swing bout, it'll no doubt make TV. I've already bet some (real) money on Brock and reps in the MMA section.

Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen View Post
    Brock just needs to take him down and smother him until he tires out,
    Yes, the old 'Lay-N-Pray' should make for an exciting nap, oopps, I mean "fight".

I'm sure the ref will stand them up before they(and the fans) fall asleep.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid and lazy people, just that we should eliminate warning labels and welfare, let the problem take care of itself.

I do not support military action in Syria.

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RiK: I am looking forward to Marquardt/Horn too and was looking forward to seeing Belcher fight, too bad he had to pull out. Glad to know Martin/Eastman is a swing bout, it'll no doubt make TV. I've already bet some (real) money on Brock and reps in the MMA section.
    lol good luck with the bet on Lesnar with the real money, hope you get a nice pay out if he wins! i bet on Sylvia in the rep bet threads, and didn't bet on Lesnar/Mir, as i'd kick myself afterwards for betting on someone i wouldn't normally want to bet against (either of them).

i'm just gutted than they don't show the live US events in the UK, and that we have to wait until tomorrow to see the replay of the event. meanwhile, it'll be a really hard task keeping away from the internet to check fight spoilers, i've never successfully kept away lol.

Originally Posted by -RiK- View Post
    lol good luck with the bet on Lesnar with the real money, hope you get a nice pay out if he wins! i bet on Sylvia in the rep bet threads, and didn't bet on Lesnar/Mir, as i'd kick myself afterwards for betting on someone i wouldn't normally want to bet against (either of them).

i'm just gutted than they don't show the live US events in the UK, and that we have to wait until tomorrow to see the replay of the event. meanwhile, it'll be a really hard task keeping away from the internet to check fight spoilers, i've never successfully kept away lol.
    If I were in your situation, I'd have a damn tough time avoiding the internet to check for spoilers lol. I wouldn't want to wait for this at all and the suspense would kill me.

If someone posts the fights online before tomorrow night in a non-spoiler thread I'll PM you the link sometime so avoid the MMA and WWE Sections and any MMA sites but perhaps just keep checking your PM box. I am sure they'll surface online by tomorrow morning EST.

Thanks btw. I admit, as we're a little over 12 hours away I am having my doubts. I think Lesnar could club the hell out of Mir, like a baby seal, if he can stay in his guard but now I also see how Mir could reverse and catch him with something before we'd see any GnP stoppage at all. I can see that happening easily now.

Theres no way Lesnar has developed his striking to even an average level for UFC fighters in the amount of time he has been training in MMA. There's no way he has developed his Jiu Jitsu past maybe an arm bar. He has the wrestling background which is a great foundation, but when you're going up against one of the better heavyweights in recent history, that isn't going to be enough.

I think Lesnar would have been MUCH smarter to take a couple gimme fights before facing the elite of UFC's heavyweight division. This would have at least given him some octagon experience and more time to train his striking and submission defense skills. But he said he wanted the challenge and was willing to fight anyone, so I commend him on his bravery. I hope for his sake Mir dosen't make him look stupid, but I get the feeling it is going to turn out that way.
    Last edited by kingdd; 02-02-2008 at 08:07 AM.

What about the triangle or RNC?

I don't pretend to know exactly what he was thinking but he hand picked Mir. Dana gave him the freedom to choose his first fight in the Octagon and this is the man he requested. So he at least thinks he knows what he's doing and has come up with a gameplan that he believes can get him the win. If he loses badly he only has himself to blame because he asked for Mir.

Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Theres no way Lesnar has developed his striking to even an average level for UFC fighters in the amount of time he has been training in MMA. There's no way he has developed his Jiu Jitsu past maybe an arm bar. He has the wrestling background which is a great foundation, but when you're going up against one of the better heavyweights in recent history, that isn't going to be enough.

I think Lesnar would have been MUCH smarter to take a couple gimme fights before facing the elite of UFC's heavyweight division. This would have at least given him some octagon experience and more time to train his striking and submission defense skills. But he said he wanted the challenge and was willing to fight anyone, so I commend him on his bravery. I hope for his sake Mir dosen't make him look stupid, but I get the feeling it is going to turn out that way.
    I think you are seriously overestimating "the elite of UFC's heavyweight division" but I guess we'll see tonight.

Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten View Post
    I think you are seriously overestimating "the elite of UFC's heavyweight division" but I guess we'll see tonight.
    It is pretty good now. Sylvia (serious), Gonzaga, Werdum, Big Nog, Kongo, Herring, Arlovski, Vera (he'll be back), Cro Cop (I know he hasn't done too well as of late but hopefully he'll be back in top form) and others.

While not stacked, it's pretty solid. I do wish they had Couture, Hunt, Barnett, Randleman and of course Fedor. Then it would truly be elite.

Snits, there's vids in the MMA section of Lesnar's All Access plus the Countdown show. i think Mir was totally right when he said in the countdown show that one of the UFC's lower ranked HW's could be a champion in any other org, although when they were talking about the UFC's current contenders (Dana), Arlovski's name never came up or no image of him was on the screen.

saying that, i hope Arlovski will be back to full force when he returns in March (UFC 82) to fight Jake O'Brien, hopefully the old pitbull will be there and KO him in the first round.