Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    shart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help on forearms!

Help! I've got a weird body type I guess - I've been getting great results with my arms (bis and tris) but my forearms seem to be lagging behind. If I'm not wearing a shirt that shows off the guns, you can't really tell that I have good development, judging by my forearms. Anyone have any exercise suggestions or tips to get em big?

Thanks!

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hammer curls
    Reverse Curls
    Forearm curls
    Reverse forarm curls

Your forearms will develop as you use heavier weight's with back too.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Need help on forearms!

Originally posted by shart
    Help! I've got a weird body type I guess - I've been getting great results with my arms (bis and tris) but my forearms seem to be lagging behind. If I'm not wearing a shirt that shows off the guns, you can't really tell that I have good development, judging by my forearms. Anyone have any exercise suggestions or tips to get em big?

Thanks!
    I had a forearm problem when I began lifting, they were such sh!t compared with the rest of me when gains started coming. I used farmers walk to help them grow along with hammers. Play with different excersizes and see what works for you.

RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A wise bodybuilder once told me " Don't work your forearms, it'll make your upper arm look smaller." I never work them and they keep up pretty well so I'm happy with them.

CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hammer curl
    reverse curl
    wrist curl
    reverse writst curl

those work the best

i like doing the hammer curl

reverse curls are also great

X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr...
    Originally posted by RobRob
    A wise bodybuilder once told me " Don't work your forearms, it'll make your upper arm look smaller." I never work them and they keep up pretty well so I'm happy with them.
    may i ask who this BBer is?...and if you have twig forearms but giant upper arms you have a problem if you want to be a BBer. nice mention of the farmers walk ja2001x.
    "What is good in life Conan?'
    "To crush your enemies, drive them before you and hear the lamentations of the women"

"You son of a b*tch, I'm gonna rip you off my chest, I'm gonna throw you over my head, I don't care how much you weigh." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Make him an offer he don't refuse." - Vito Corleone

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by RobRob

An even wiser bodybuilder told me to work the hell right out of 'em and get 'em huge.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

shart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys. As my forearms are disproportionate to the rest of my body, I'll hit em pretty hard.

Cheers,

Steve

RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by X'DS~Grrrr...
    may i ask who this BBer is?...and if you have twig forearms but giant upper arms you have a problem if you want to be a BBer. nice mention of the farmers walk ja2001x.
    It's this guy from my town who competes. His forearms are huge and I'm happy with mine and I never work them, 13in forearm with 17in bis. I guess it has to do with genetics.
    Do you use straps for weight you could handle on your own? That could be a big problem.

X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr...
    no straps for me unless if doing chins and that day my grip is giving too soon
    "To crush your enemies, drive them before you and hear the lamentations of the women"

"You son of a b*tch, I'm gonna rip you off my chest, I'm gonna throw you over my head, I don't care how much you weigh." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I bodybuild so grip strength to me isn't really that important. For all my heaviest sets in back I use straps. WHy would you let your grip give out before your back does?
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

usually my grip doesnt give out but in cases where it feels weaker that day or im going into low rep ranges (1-4) i use straps.

Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000) Tee is just really nice. (+1000)
    It could have to do with bone structure. Like, not many people with 6" wrists have popeye forearms.I had the same problem, my upper arms were coming along great but whenever I wore a T-Shirt I had those buggy whips hanging there and nobody could really tell I had good upper arm development. I was even willing to trade my bis/tris for big forearms.

Pretty much same exercises everyone else recommended.

Wrist Curls
    Reverse Wrist Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Last edited by Tee; 11-04-2002 at 07:49 PM.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my personal favorit for forearms is hammer curls
    mostly cus I noticed my grip strength increase noticably in less then a month of doing heavy hammer curls

also here's a good way that will only take up 2 or 3 minutes on the end of yoru workout (if your very very tough)
    sit down on a flat bench or a seated curl thing or whatever
    take a dumbell in each hand
    use dumbells too heavy for you to curl
    now wait
    no no no I don't mean wait until your tired
    I don't mean wait until your forearms are burning
    I don't even mean wait until you have tears in your eyes
    I mean wait untill your hands ignore the orders from your brain and the dumbells fall out of your hands
    (be kind, do this over a pad if you can)
    1 "set" 1x per month should do fine

jasonlemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

forearms

Me its the fact that I spank it 3-4times a day but, Just kidding. I think I am starting to go with these guys and say alot of it is genetics but I have 14.5 inch forearms and 16.5 in upper arms. I have NEVER worked out my forearms. When I was a kid I carried alot of work with my hands and chopped alot of wood. I also bailed hay and stuff I think that is how I got them. Work em hard and good luck.

No I am not a hick! I just grew up without alot of money and we didnt have a furnace(in michigan burrrrrr)

Registered User eddiegoodfellar's Avatar
    eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000)
    i find that if you take weight in each hand and out you forearms on you legs when sitting with your palms facing up. Use heavy weights and twist your hands 180 degrees very slowly....
    thats my fav forearm workout.

bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also look into thors hammer and thick grip training. i am starting thick grips right about now...

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thors hammer?
    that sounds too awsome to ignore where can I look up stuff about that

bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do a search on elite.. someone posted pics on how to do them... i myself havent donethem yet

Junior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do the farmer walk. pick up some heavy db's and walk the steps.

Registered User Violence Jackof's Avatar
    Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    can someone explain a farmers walk to me?

Cool Dude with nipples sk8ingskittlez's Avatar
    sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    building your forearms makes you whole arm look bigger it doesnt make your upper arm look smaller....
    my forearms are almost the same size as my upper arm but thats mostly because of egnetics...and i genetics for smaller upper arms i guess which sucks because the way i figure for my weight i should have alot bigger upper arms...
    the best way to build forearms is to start out doing wrist curls alot then after a couple weeks move onto static gripping...the best way to static grip is to put a bench all the way inclined as far as it goes and grip 2 heavy dumbells and hold them till failure (50-60 seconds works well for size). do whatever it takes to hold them there that long....something else that worked well for me was doing dead lifts for single reps and holding the weight for about 30-45 seconds....also you must always change up your routine for forearms every couple weeks or more often so they keep growing and dont get used to it...same goes for other parts of your body too....farmer walks are grabbing 2 dumbells and walking from one end of the rack to the other and back or walking somewhere that requires a good 30-50 second walk. just make sure you dont slouch (lean foreward) during farmetrs walks because its bad for your back...also look at www.abcbodybuilding.com they have alot of good forearm training exercises.
    Stats:
    Body type: Ecto-Mesomorph
    Legs: 25 inches
    Calves: 16 inches
    Arms: 15 1/4 inchs
    Forearms: 14 5/8 inches
    Chest: 47 inches
    Wrists: 8 inches
    Neck: 17 inches

Bodyfat: 5%
    Weight: 191
    Height: 5'10"

Bench press: 285x4
    Squat: 440x4
    Deadlift: 420x2
    Military press: 190x2
    Barbell curl: 110x3
    One arm tricep extention/press (behind the head): 75 lb. dumbells
    ^^something im very proud of ..not that anyone else cares

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do deadlifts, and get IronMind CoC's.
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

Cool Dude with nipples sk8ingskittlez's Avatar
    sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sk8ingskittlez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i forgot to add this...the best exercise that i liked the most is called "thor's hammer"...find it on www.abcbodybuilding.com
    Stats:
    Body type: Ecto-Mesomorph
    Legs: 25 inches
    Calves: 16 inches
    Arms: 15 1/4 inchs
    Forearms: 14 5/8 inches
    Chest: 47 inches
    Wrists: 8 inches
    Neck: 17 inches

Bodyfat: 5%
    Weight: 191
    Height: 5'10"

Bench press: 285x4
    Squat: 440x4
    Deadlift: 420x2
    Military press: 190x2
    Barbell curl: 110x3
    One arm tricep extention/press (behind the head): 75 lb. dumbells
    ^^something im very proud of ..not that anyone else cares

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This works the forearm from its front to back. Its an excellent overall builder. However, its important that you understand that our biceps not only are responsible for lifting the forearm, but also twisting the wrists. Therefore this will work your forearms and help shape your biceps at the same time.
    "shape" your biceps? kinda takes away credibility there..
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jasonlemon
    No I am not a hick!
    I beg your pardon.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bearfan3420 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    static holds are the best...

grab a heavy dumbell and just hold it at your sides..Very grueling

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RobRob
    A wise bodybuilder once told me " Don't work your forearms, it'll make your upper arm look smaller."
    The bodybuilder who told you that piece of advice is a downright idiot.

To have a total arm package you have to work your forearms; it would be like working your legs and doing nothing for your calves.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hammer curls for forearms.

I have to go along with what a lot of guys say here and say Hammer curls. I dont do a any dedicated exercises for the forearms but doing hammer curls have taken mine to 13" though not huge they do now seem to balance well with my upper arm.
    I think having to grip the dumbell bar hard in order to do the curl properly works the forearm well.

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Heavy ass deadlifts, rack pulls, farmer walks, static holds, hammer curls, plate pinches and behind back barbell wrist curls are all good, and I have posted them in descending order of usefulness, ie deadlifts>wrist curls.