specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool crappy workout turned unconvential workout, what do you guys think????

aite, i posted yesterday with my my workout titled "my REVISED workout", and was pretty much told it sucked, or wouldnt help me gain mass. So after taking into consideration some stuff, heres my brand spanking new workout incoprating some ideas floating around here for beginner/intermediate lifters looking to gain MASS.

Workout A (emphasis on push/chest/tri/shoulder)

3x(6) Bench Press
    3x(6) Incline Press
    3x(6) Military Press
    Dips w/ 45lb weight 2xfailure
    3x(6) Squat

Workout B (emphasis on pull/back/bi)

3x(6) Squat
    3x(6) Barbell Row
    2x6 Deadlift
    Wide-Grip Pull-ups (weighted) 2xfailure
    Chin Ups – (weighted) 2xFailure

What I plan on doing is alternating the workouts every week, and also add certain exercises on certain days to maximize growth.

1st week
    Monday A
    Wednesday B (add EZ bar curls)
    Friday A (add tricep pulldowns/Leg curls/Calf Raises)

2nd week
    Monday B
    Wednesday A(add tricep pulldowns)
    Friday B (add EZ bar curls/ Leg curls/Calf Raises)

REPEAT

I plan on doing this for 6 weeks and see how things go. Then ill take a week off, and change the program if i need to. Otherwise, ill just do another 6 weeks.

Im pretty confident in this routine, cuz it allows for me to incoporate alternately hitting complementary muscle groups twice per week. Also, im able to squat 3 times per week, which is a plus since i heard its the king for putting on mass. (added onto the fact i have only squatted a few times for Track, ive never really worked out with squats before), I think i can make some pretty good gains come May/June. (hoping for around 15-20 lbs)

Anything i should change up, like exercise order,etc??

Thanks guys!

EDIT| I know i spelled unconventional wrong in the title. I realized it AFTER i hit the submit button, haha
    Last edited by specr89; 02-11-2006 at 07:33 AM.

specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) specr89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    aawww, 20 views and no replies?????

is it THAT bad? Or should i assume everything is ok? Any help would be appriecated.

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its ok, make sure you are progressivly adding weight over time & watch for overtraining, dont feel like you must do all those sets if you dont want to.
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But donīt focuse on the weight too much. Itīs only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

The Snake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Snake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Snake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shwaym
    its ok, make sure you are progressivly adding weight over time & watch for overtraining, dont feel like you must do all those sets if you dont want to.
    I agree about what you said just dont get lazy and keep constantly challenging yourself or you wont improve very much.

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,

Originally Posted by shwaym
    Agreed too. However thy it for a week or to, if and only if your not adding reps weight, or both to each new workout, try working out 3 times per week 2 times per week 3 times per week alternate like that and see how its goes, again go like that for as long as your progressing, then if its getting hard to add reps and weight go to twice per week.

Wayne

alright, i cant wait to start this next week. ill try this plan out for two weeks, and just see how it goes--make any modifications if i need to.

Also, any advice on a person with minimal squat experience and no deadlift experience? What weight should i start at? Any tips of keeping good form?

Ive read up on some squatting/deadlift articles and got the basics down, so any tips from the masters (haha) would be awesome.

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by specr89
    alright, i cant wait to start this next week. ill try this plan out for two weeks, and just see how it goes--make any modifications if i need to.

Also, any advice on a person with minimal squat experience and no deadlift experience? What weight should i start at? Any tips of keeping good form?

Ive read up on some squatting/deadlift articles and got the basics down, so any tips from the masters (haha) would be awesome.
    try to stay on it for more than 2 weeks. thats not enough time to determine of something is effective or not, think more long term.

well youre on the right track...just keep reading. from many many different sources & opinions. then make your own judgement call and go with what is safe/strong/comfortable.
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But donīt focuse on the weight too much. Itīs only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067