jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weider® Club 500 - Weight Bench and Rack

Sams club has that for 446$ shipped with 250 lbs of weight. What is everyone's opinion of that machine, would it handle , 2 extra 45's ?

I am more then likley going to sell my bowflex power pro leg curl attachement, lat tower, and squat attachments to pay for that machine if you think its a better idea.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodfkf.0

If giving other suggestions , keep in mind I need a place to squat, bench, leg curls, and lat bar
    Last edited by jboyd1; 02-09-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have one and it works perfectly for me. I have had mine for several years now.

The Weider Club 500 fits just right in my low basement. I used some pipe fittings and am able to keep another bar handy for seated military presses.

I have had nearly 300 pounds on the lat pull down.

I also really like the Weider grip weights.

http://homepage.mac.com/biggerfoot/....weiderrack.jpg

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jboyd1
    Sams club has that for 446$ shipped with 250 lbs of weight. What is everyone's opinion of that machine, would it handle , 2 extra 45's ?

I am more then likley going to sell my bowflex power pro leg curl attachement, lat tower, and squat attachments to pay for that machine if you think its a better idea.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodfkf.0

If giving other suggestions , keep in mind I need a place to squat, bench, leg curls, and lat bar
    It's a little expensive but looks pretty good. I like that you can move the bench out of the way to do squats or something else. How much does it hold?

jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jboyd1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RockyIV
    It's a little expensive but looks pretty good. I like that you can move the bench out of the way to do squats or something else. How much does it hold?

Rock, the system comes with 250lbs of weight and free shipping so its not as bad as it seems , I am thinking maybe I will go check the sam's club a couple counties over and see if they have one in stock, maybe alot cheaper.

I havent been able to find a max load though as of yet.

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jboyd1
    Rock, the system comes with 250lbs of weight and free shipping so its not as bad as it seems , I am thinking maybe I will go check the sam's club a couple counties over and see if they have one in stock, maybe alot cheaper.

I havent been able to find a max load though as of yet.
    I googled it yesterday and the max weight was 310lbs or something. It's pretty low. If you're a beginner it's not too bad, but as you progress, you would probably need to upgrade.

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...:-46883:971571

I found that one on there as well, it holds 1000 lbs. And even comes with more weight for a lower price. Only thing is I have to go pick it up which is no big deal.

The hardest part now is talking the folks into selling the old bowflex stuff, if I sell it on ebay It looks like we will get 800-900 bucks out of everything, So I would be giving them 500 bucks and they still don't want to get rid of the bow flex which they never use anyhow.

oldBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RockyIV
    Hi,

I've been looking at one of these too since I have to eliminate my old bolted to the rafters squat rack.

It wasn't apparent to me how to do squats with this unit. How were you able to determine the bench moves out of the way? or have you maybe seen one in person?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oldBear
    Hi,

I've been looking at one of these too since I have to eliminate my old bolted to the rafters squat rack.

It wasn't apparent to me how to do squats with this unit. How were you able to determine the bench moves out of the way? or have you maybe seen one in person?

Thanks in advance.

cheers
    If you are talking about the Weider 500 Rack, you can see the bench removed in my photo above (http://homepage.mac.com/biggerfoot/....weiderrack.jpg). I have the bench moved away for low pulley rows. Since I have a Hack Squat, I do not use it for squats but it can handle them just fine.

I have had well over 300 pounds on the lat pull down and the rack itself.

oldBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow - thanks for the fast response.

I saw the pic of your gym but frankly the rack looks so impressive I didn't think it was the same one

Looks great to me. Gonna have to go with this one.

Your Ohio neighbor (Cincinnati)

Originally Posted by oldBear
    Wow - thanks for the fast response.

I saw the pic of your gym but frankly the rack looks so impressive I didn't think it was the same one

Looks great to me. Gonna have to go with this one.

Your Ohio neighbor (Cincinnati)
    I am in Dayton!

My rack has fit me well...especially since I have a lower ceiling. The grip weights that come with it are quite nice too. I found that Sears will put the same weight sets on sale at times and it is a good, cheap way to get some more matching plates.

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the difference between the Weight Club 500 Weight Bench and Rack and the Weider 500 Bench System, other than $200 of course.

(Both are on samsclub)

Lizard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ttt - anyone seen both? is it worth the extra cost?

Fresh Start has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am looking to build a small home gym mainly for the days I can not make it to the gym. I would like to be able to do free weight and cable exercises. My wife works at night and I have my son with me so if I can't make it during the hours they have babysitting I miss a workout. I figure if I had some equipment at home I could at least get my workout in after he goes to bed.

This looks like a decent setup minus dumbells. Is there anything cheaper out there or does this look to be a really good buy?

Also what do people recommend for dumbells? I don't need anything over 75lbs.

Jug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biggerfoot - what about the bench?

I also have an option to buy one of these club 500s, used for $250, comes with hex db set (up to 50lb). I'm pretty sure that the 310 lb limit on the rack will be okay for me (being a woman), but what about the bench? Does anybody know how much the bench will hold? I'll need about 300# now, and probably never more than 400.

I had been looking at a similar setup at Academy, (http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...2-1004&start=6)
    $200 but no weights.

--jug

Originally Posted by Jug
    I also have an option to buy one of these club 500s, used for $250, comes with hex db set (up to 50lb). I'm pretty sure that the 310 lb limit on the rack will be okay for me (being a woman), but what about the bench? Does anybody know how much the bench will hold? I'll need about 300# now, and probably never more than 400.

I had been looking at a similar setup at Academy, (http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...2-1004&start=6)
    $200 but no weights.

--jug
    I am not sure what the rated limit is on the bench but if you include my weight (245lbs) plus the 300+ I have lifted off of it, I has worked just fine for me. It seems to be a sturdy bench compared to some other multi-purpose ones. I also have had just under 300lbs on the leg extension part without a problem and prior to getting a preacher bench, I have used the preacher attachment with about 150 or so. I know the manual states a 150lbs limit on the lat pull down (edit from Jug---manual states 200lbs), but I have regularly gone up to 300lbs for the several years I have had it.
    Last edited by Biggerfoot; 02-23-2006 at 01:55 PM.

max loads

oops, nevermind, I found it in the manual.

weight bench max load is 560#

leg lever max load is 150#

weight rests max load is 310#

weight carriage max load is 200# (for lat pulldowns, etc)

Hmm, thinking seriously of picking up this used one...

--jug

oops again! Didn't see your post, Biggerfoot, until after I posted my second.

That sounds like a very good setup (and great pics, btw, very helpful). Can't really see any cons, especially since this used one comes with a load of dumbbells.

--jug

If you're in Dayton, Ohio....

you can snag one of these off eBay, current bid is $112 with 2 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=48848&fkxs=1

Unfortunately, I'm not in Ohio so I'll have to go with the used one I found for $250 plus dumbbell set.... good deal?

--jug

Originally Posted by Jug
    you can snag one of these off eBay, current bid is $112 with 2 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=48848&fkxs=1

Unfortunately, I'm not in Ohio so I'll have to go with the used one I found for $250 plus dumbbell set.... good deal?

--jug
    Actually I was looking at that one in order to grab some more matching plates...then sell the rack!

$250 is a good price without the dumbbells if it includes the Weider Grip Weight set. I have seen the 500 go for about $225-300 with the set. The dumbbell set is a great plus...those sell for over $200 alone most of the time.

If you get it, you'll have to share a photo of it.

rust removal?

The dumbbells are rusty. Any ideas on how to clean them?

--jug

pictures of what I'm getting

Here's a couple pics of the setup I'll be getting, comes with the weight grip plates and looks to be 10 pairs of dumbbells, for $250. They are rusty, but I guess I'll just clean them with coke and spray paint them. I think this is going to be plenty of weight for me, and will fit nicely into the space I have.

--jug
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Jug
    The dumbbells are rusty. Any ideas on how to clean them?

--jug
    Here is a post I made awhile ago concerning rust/painted plates:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=675985