AndyT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Before sleep... what foods?

As the title suggests, what kind of foods are the best to have before i go to sleep? My main goal is to lose fat if that helps in anyway at all.

Thanks in advance

neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cottage cheese
    4/1/2007 - 250lbs
    1/1/2008 - 178lbs

First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your goal is to lose fat, I would actually stop eating 2-3 hours before I go to sleep.

Make your normal dinner your last meal.

Bulking from 175lbs-250lb bobbybuilder1's Avatar
    bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cottage cheese and pb or any type of natural unsalted nuts.

Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    almons...cup of milk with 1 scoop casein protein powder

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by First Prime View Post
    If your goal is to lose fat, I would actually stop eating 2-3 hours before I go to sleep.

Make your normal dinner your last meal.
    thats not a smart thing to say.

You need food before you go to sleep. If you are bulking, take in some carbs and slow digesting protein.

I personally cut carbs out of my last meal because I don't like eating them before I go to sleep, you can do whatever you would like as long as they fit into your diet.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

"It's not who you know, it's who you blow"
    - Abraham Lincoln

First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rigit23 View Post
    that's not a smart thing to say.

You need food before you go to sleep. If you are bulking, take in some carbs and slow digesting protein.

I personally cut carbs out of my last meal because I don't like eating them before I go to sleep, you can do whatever you would like as long as they fit into your diet.
    He is trying to lose fat not bulk.

I know what I'm taking about.

Saying something is not a smart thing to say is as bad as calling someone stupid. I don't appreciate it at all.

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Steak
    Tuna
    Chicken
    Whey Protein
    Casein
    Salmon
    Flounder
    Etc....

Peanut Butter
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Olive Oil
    etc...

Green Veggies

If your on a cut i don't recomend carbs at this meal...

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Saying something is not a smart thing to say is as bad as calling someone stupid. I don't appreciate it at all.
    Saying "don't eat before bed" is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

If you negged me for being honest, you are ridiculous. Pre-bed is one of the most important times to eat so you don't get catabolic during the night.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Saying "don't eat before bed" is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

If you negged me for being honest, you are ridiculous. Pre-bed is one of the most important times to eat so you don't get catabolic during the night.
    X3000000000000000000

britown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard that eating LARGE meals prior to bed is unhealthy.

I'm not a heavy guy by any means, but my grappling sessions don't end until 9:30-10pm and I'm usually in bed by 11:30 (if I can help it), and I know my body needs plenty of food for the copious bodily repairs.

So what would be a good idea for a post-workout, pre-bedtime meal to ensure sure my metabolism doesn't turn into pacman on my muscles?

My goal isn't to lose or even to really gain, but to maintain. But two nights a week or tip-toeing around decent meals to anymore bodily stress during the nightly detoxes is leaving me a little more sore than normal.

Appreciate any help/enlightenment/what-you-can-offer.

thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000)

Yeah, no: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH...=dmtHMSContent

Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Todd3126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PB and a Glass of milk for me

conexion914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conexion914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conexion914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conexion914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, it says to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. I do this and I have been losing fat. I found when I was eating right before bed my fat loss wasn't as optomized as it now. I lost 10lbs. in January and I tried my best not to eat inside of 2 hours before bed. Hope that helps some body here.

bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^ ya i bet you lost weight but less of that would have been muscle if you ate before bed, thats just the way it goes ...

eat something so u wont go catabolic during sleep ...

Slow Digesting Protein Foods

cottage cheese
    peanut butter
    milk
    casein protein
    egg whites
    "Puke ... thats when your done" - Wrestling Coach '07

bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i could understand not eating carbs 2-3 hours before bed, cuz if your insulin sensitivity isn't the best that could easily be stored as fat, but there is no reason not to eat some protein
    "Puke ... thats when your done" - Wrestling Coach '07

Originally Posted by conexion914 View Post
    In Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, it says to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. I do this and I have been losing fat. I found when I was eating right before bed my fat loss wasn't as optimized as it now. I lost 10lbs. in January and I tried my best not to eat inside of 2 hours before bed. Hope that helps some body here.
    This is info from one of the sources I was basing my reasoning on.

I have read many other books from authors I respect way more then the guy who called me stupid that suggest to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed.

You don't believe it, you don't like it or if you have read something to the contrary, I don't care.

In my post I said "this is what I would do".

By the way, I have hardly ever negged anyone. But when someone calls me stupid ,they are asking for it. Just be glad I don't have a high rep power.

Good day.

If you need me for being honest, you are ridiculous. Pre-bed is one of the most important times to eat so you don't get catabolic during the night.
    Dude you gave me positive reps, by mistake?

Dee Dee Dee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you gave me positive reps, by mistake?

Dee Dee Dee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was no mistake.

I felt bad for you so I repped you. You should gain some knowledge before you act like you know what you are talking about though.

Eating before bed is optimal for both bulking and cutting.

Besides, you have a rep power of 1. I could have destroyed you bro.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dilatedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Peanuts aren't even a nut. Try dry roasted almonds from Emerald. All the usual proteins are fine here, but if I'm really feeling tired I'll just down two cups of skim milk.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    As the title suggests, what kind of foods are the best to have before i go to sleep? My main goal is to lose fat if that helps in anyway at all.

Thanks in advance
    use the search button.. this topic has been covered many times, also read the articles on the main page .. you will find vast results and something you will enjoy

most people will tend to lead toward some kind of casein protein or casein/whey mixture ( dairy products ) + a good fat source

having some fatty meat (such as beef, buffalo, salmon ) is also very good with some veggies

if you must have some lean protein + healthy fats + veggies before bed

or look to invest in some casein protein and mix a fat source with it

It was no mistake.

I felt bad for you so I ripped you. You should gain some knowledge before you act like you know what you are talking about though.

Eating before bed is optimal for both bulking and cutting.

Besides, you have a rep power of 1. I could have destroyed you bro.
    Eating before bed is not for everyone.

Let me throw some knowledge your way.

Some people are what we call endomorphs, you know every thing so you already know this.

They burn fat very slowly and usually could go for days without even coming close to losing muscle without eating. If they stop eating 2-3 hours before sleep they will not become catabolic like someone else like an ecto or hardgainer.

When eating your last meal 2-3 hours before sleep you are going to bed on an empty stomach but that does not mean you are starving. You will have that last meal where it counts, in your intestines.

Also some people have or can develop a thing called acid reflux. Being waken at night because of eating right before bed by acid shooting up to your throat is no fun. Recuperation the real key to bodybuilding and stopping eating 2-3 hours before bed is a good technique to use when trying to lose body fat.

This is real life, not some study you might have read.

I do what works best for me. Stopping eating 2-3 hours before bed is what I do.

You are the one acting like they know what they are taking about.

By the way, I have read many studies in favor of eating before bed. Then why you might ask do I stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. The answer is written above.