PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question severity of guggulsterone side effects?

I'm curious... everyone says, including the studies, that guggulsterone blocks your androgen receptors, yadda yadda yadda... but has anybody taken any of the many guggulsterone supplements and recieved noticable muscle loss, or bad side effects? I've heard of some of the good effects that guggulsterone can cause, and the theoretical bad effects. I'm just wanting to know of anybody first hand that has had bad side effects, and to explain them, and to what severity were they? I'm considering buying some guggulsterone product, but want to know the actual side effects from inexcessive dosages of this stuff. Any Comments would be appreciated.

GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would be really surprised if you found someone who has experienced a negative side effect that they can definitely attribute to guggul. Many of the most popular thermos have guggul in them and people have been raving about how great many of them are for years.

PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhillyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So essentially, guggul is theoretically bad, but most people dont notice and side effects of it?

any more imput on it?

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PhillyFan
    So essentially, guggul is theoretically bad, but most people dont notice and side effects of it?

any more imput on it?
    To review the current scientific data:
    -Guggulsterones(yeap,them,isolated purified,other cytotoxic cmpounds do exist in Guggul extract) are highly cytotoxic. By phaurmaceutical standards this makes them unnaceptable for the current uses that have been suggested.
    -They have a douptful effect in cholesterol levels, stemming from their steroid-like effects. Surely not defined as beneficial.
    -They have an antiinflammatory effect propably stemming from their cytotoxic capability(putting their antiinflammatory effect in the same category as some cytotoxic arthritis drugs)
    -They don't increase T3/T4 levels in humans
    -Studies done in humans in a product containing apart from Guggulsterones much other stuff didn't show any remarkable fat loss.
    -They have anti-androgenic capacities and promote muscle loss.
    -For every suggested use, other,more proven compounds(in terms of safety/efficacy) exist.
    -They waste your white blood cells thus weakening your immune system and also waste your glutathione levels, weakening your body's natural antioxidant capabilities

All in all, I can't see any use for them for use in any bodybuilding supplement and personally I wouldn't ingest them if they paid me

SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've seen all the studies posted on this board. I've seen many not posted. I've never heard of anyone actually experiencing negative effects. After my own research, I decided that for me, the positive outweigh the negative. Check pub-med studies under gugulu not guggulsterones.
    Tortured, died and born again

No Bodyspace because

**Dirty South Crew**

Who Dat!? and Geaux Tigers!

1k+

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigCool
    I've seen all the studies posted on this board. I've seen many not posted. I've never heard of anyone actually experiencing negative effects. After my own research, I decided that for me, the positive outweigh the negative. Check pub-med studies under gugulu not guggulsterones.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=622320