Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Do You Need To Drink Your Protein Shake Within 15 Minutes Of Making It?

Do You Need To Drink Your Protein Shake Within 15 Minutes Of Making It?

I Heard About This And Was Wondering If It Was True...
    The more you sweat in training - the less you bleed in battle.

Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not at all, I leave mine all day sometime (in the fridge, I always mix with milk so it'd spoil)

Your body's supposed to only start recognizing how much you've eaten (calorie wise) in about 15 minutes. It can only tell by the pressure of your stomach being stretched out.

I guess if you're trying to bulk and you can't seem to finish your protein shakes. By all means, chug e'm as fast as possible to watch out for that 15 minute thing.

But protein shakes should be fine, even after 15 minutes (or all day)

Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Conman79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chimpinzo View Post
    Not at all, I leave mine all day sometime (in the fridge, I always mix with milk so it'd spoil)

Your body's supposed to only start recognizing how much you've eaten (calorie wise) in about 15 minutes. It can only tell by the pressure of your stomach being stretched out.

I guess if you're trying to bulk and you can't seem to finish your protein shakes. By all means, chug e'm as fast as possible to watch out for that 15 minute thing.

But protein shakes should be fine, even after 15 minutes (or all day)
    SO IS THIS THE SAME WITH CREATINE?
    The more you sweat in training - the less you bleed in battle.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Conman79 View Post
    Do You Need To Drink Your Protein Shake Within 15 Minutes Of Making It?

I Heard About This And Was Wondering If It Was True...
    15 minutes is fine.

However, if it's sitting around for a long time, the biologically active / immunological properties of the protein would probably be diminished, but the aminos won't just disappear. This would also be a concern ... From Designer Whey's FAQs...

Q. Why should I mix protein into a drink and consume it immediately?
    Immediately does not mean instantly. However, drinking within 30 minutes of mixing is smart since pure protein in the liquid form is an extremely fertile environment for airborne bacteria growth. Leaving a protein drink (reconstituted from powder) in a refrigerator for two hours is probably okay, but not overnight.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTime22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No you dont. Protein will not grow enough bacteria to hurt you in 15 minutes, or even an hour. You could make a shake and drink it 3 hours later and be fine. Creatine you should drink a little faster, but again, it doesnt degenerate as fast as everyone thinks. I think it takes a few hours before it turns to creatinine.

Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chimpinzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    15 minutes is fine.

However, if it's sitting around for a long time, the biologically active / immunological properties of the protein would probably be diminished, but the aminos won't just disappear. This would also be a concern ... From Designer Whey's FAQs...

Q. Why should I mix protein into a drink and consume it immediately?
    Immediately does not mean instantly. However, drinking within 30 minutes of mixing is smart since pure protein in the liquid form is an extremely fertile environment for airborne bacteria growth. Leaving a protein drink (reconstituted from powder) in a refrigerator for two hours is probably okay, but not overnight.

Yeah, the protein from the protein drink could feed growing bacteria. The bacteria would technically be feeding off the protein and other such compounds making it less healthy... Then again. I eat food that I drop on the floor, and consider what kind of **** many of us have tried in various protein drink recipes, I don't think eating a bit of bacteria would hurt us that bad. And the nutrient difference, while existent, Is quite insignificant