ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Would you buy this?

I want to get a calf machine and I saw this one but it looks too good to be true. Does anyone have it or think it's worth buying? Is New York Barbells a site that is safe to order from?

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/9147.html

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do you really need this?

Originally Posted by ARod44 View Post
    I want to get a calf machine and I saw this one but it looks too good to be true. Does anyone have it or think it's worth buying? Is New York Barbells a site that is safe to order from?

Can't you do your calf exercises almost without any equipment, beside barbell or dumbbells (small step, big piece of wood, plate on the floor, etc.)?

ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARod44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes you can but I dont feel like I get a good calf workout without a standing calf machine. I try holding dumbells on the stairs but its not the same. When I use the standing calf machine, I can put 300-500 pounds and work them out a lot harder so I dont mind spending a few extra hundred dollars on one.

EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EerWVU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

We used to have that machine in my high school weight room. I loved it because I can't find, let alone hold, 300+ lb dumbbells and I get nervous if I try to do them in the squat rack.
    No Pain, No Gain.

LEGS ALL DAY.

West Virginia University courtesy of Dirty Jersey.

First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) First Prime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would not.

The calves can push a lot of weight. You might end up putting all your plates on it and it could still be too lite.

I do one leg calves at home with a dumbbell.

Originally Posted by First Prime View Post
    I would not.

The calves can push a lot of weight. You might end up putting all your plates on it and it could still be too lite.

I do one leg calves at home with a dumbbell.
    yea, they can push a lot, but I seriously doubt 1,000 pounds will be too light for me anytime soon. I weigh 160 lbs and did 350 lbs on a standing calf machine once and could barely do 5 reps. I'd be stunned if I could add 650 pounds to my calf raises

Anyone else seen this machine or know if its safe to order from new york barbells?

thanks to everyone for input

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea, they can push a lot, but I seriously doubt 1,000 pounds will be too light for me anytime soon. I weigh 160 lbs and did 350 lbs on a standing calf machine once and could barely do 5 reps. I'd be stunned if I could add 650 pounds to my calf raises

Anyone else seen this machine or know if its safe to order from new york barbells?

thanks to everyone for input
    Newyorkbarbells is a legit company and i have bought many things from them (Do a search in workout forum) and so have other's.

But i wouldn't spend that much money for a calf machine. But hey if thats what you want go for it.

Tip: Call when you order as that form can be confusing with shipping costs. CALL YOUR ORDER IN ON THE PHONE.

Goodluck !

Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 01-31-2008 at 04:46 PM.

mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

I wouldn't. If you must purchase something, I'd just get a squat cage and do heavy squats and calf raises in there on a platform. If you got heavy squats, most likely you don't have puny calves. Holla!
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would buy the Leverage squat machine, 2 exercises in one.

ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I use the standing calf machine, I can put 300-500 pounds and work them out a lot harder so I dont mind spending a few extra hundred dollars on one.
    thats because 300-500 lbs on a machine doesnt equate to 300-500lbs of free weight on your shoulders

Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mavsn2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would not buy it.....

I have always had good luck doing normal standing calf exercises off elevated platforms with dumbells in each hands.

BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No not really too much loading weights .If you have the weights just for that calve equipment and you wont be loading and unloading then I say yes..buy it!