danrod4x4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Work-out-aholic..Is it a good thing or bad?

Well, i am the type of person that loves to work out and right now my training goes like this:

Mon-Triceps
    Tues-Quads and biceps
    Wed-Shoulders
    Thurs-hamstrings, calves, traps, and forearms
    Fri-Chest and Back
    Sat & Sun-Rest

Is this a bad thing?...I feel weak on my days off thats why i changed it from 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off routine to this one..When i get to work out like this i feel like i did rest my other body parts not worked out.I read in a magazine that Lee Priest does the same thing. I am looking to gain mass and am desperate to grow. I have been at a plateau for to long since high school. I have gotten bigger but my strength the same. I think and my friends think its all in the head. i hope so. I would like some feedback on my workout routine if it is good or bad..

Thanks,
    Dan

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First thing, never ever believe what you read from magazines, the workout of a guy with freakish genetics and gallons of steroids inside of him isnt going to work for the average genetic guy. Remember that and dont let magazine bull**** fool you. There is no magic routine, there is no magic supplement.

The way you grouped your body parts seems kind of odd. Two of your biggest muscles (back and chest) are together while the much smaller triceps have a day alone? I dont get it.

Now another important rule to remember, more is less in the world of bodybuilding.

Okay now onto the gains, you have mass size gains but no strength? Unless you are a powerlifter (wich im guessing you are not) then you shouldnt worry about strength gains and stick to whatever is adding size.

As for the working 5 days, I do not recommend it nor do I follow it but it can work. Try splitting it up into:

Day 1: Back
    Day 2: Shoulders
    Day 3: Chest
    Day 4: Bi's/Tri's
    Day 5: Legs

Jjaden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ja2001x

As for the working 5 days, I do not recommend it nor do I follow it but it can work. Try splitting it up into:

Day 1: Back
    Day 2: Shoulders
    Day 3: Chest
    Day 4: Bi's/Tri's
    Day 5: Legs
    This is my exact training spit except that I do legs earlier in the week when I'm fresher since they are weakpoint for me.

I can say from experience this schedule works as long as you aren't spending excessive amounts of time in the gym and doing too many excersizes.

When working out five days in a row it's easy to overtrain, just remember to keep your workouts relatively short but intense.

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Jjaden
    This is my exact training spit except that I do legs earlier in the week when I'm fresher since they are weakpoint for me.

I can say from experience this schedule works as long as you aren't spending excessive amounts of time in the gym and doing too many excersizes.

When working out five days in a row it's easy to overtrain, just remember to keep your workouts relatively short but intense.
    You really should keep legs and back on opposite sides of the routine, for optimal recovery and growth of the quads and back. If you are doing both deads and squats (wich you should be) then its best to put them on opposite sides. Hence the reason I recommended it.

Also yes it is easy to overtrain wich is why id recommend taking a multivitamin and eating largly on this routine for better recovery and making sure you get all of your nutrients.

fsheva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dan that's a decent routine if you have a very good diet and you get a lot of rest, especially sleep, and don't overtrain by doing too many sets/exercises. My only recommendation would be separating it so that you workout no more than two days in a row. Max-ot of ast-ss.com uses a 5 day split system on most of its routines, and it works for some people, just as many other routines do. Give it a try for 4-6 weeks and see what kind of gains you get.