View Poll Results: Were the Seahawks screwed by bad reffing?

Voters
2291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they Wuz Robbed!!!!!

314 13.71%
  • No way, it was fairly-well reffed game!!!

1,977 86.29%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Were the Seahawks robbed by the refs in the Superbowl?

Did the referee's hand the game to the Steelers pretty much or was it a fairly called game?
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shimmeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No, they robbed themselves. They dont have anyone to blame but themselves. Championship teams overcome bad calls against them. Yes, I am a Seahawks fan, it wasnt the calls that beat them. The Steelers beat them. No one was robbed of anything.
    yaya

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The Steelers were the favored team, so I expected Seattle to lose. But I didn't expect them to lose by so many points. I do think that there were some very, very bad calls that hugely affected the outcome of the game.

futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the calls had no effect on the game. i didnt see any bad calls anyways

edit.. maybe 1 or 2 minor ones that happen in every single football game
    "My problem is that my parents are here and so is my brother. It will look kind of suspicious with me walking into the bathroom with a frozen chicken breast. We have no salmon here either, but I can get the salmon fillets this weekend and stick it in my ass on Monday morning when everyone is gone.

I don't mind sticking the fish in my ass (no homo) its just getting it past my parents that's going to be the delay."

- sXeWarrior

Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There were about 4 BAD calls in that game that seriously hurt the seahawks.

But still they lost that game themselves with bad clock management, not getting points after they moved the ball upfield, and not taking advantage in the first quarter when pitts couldnt do anything on offense and kept giving them the ball at the 50

futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Runngunn29
    There were about 4 BAD calls in that game that seriously hurt the seahawks.

But still they lost that game themselves with bad clock management, not getting points after they moved the ball upfield, and not taking advantage in the first quarter when pitts couldnt do anything on offense and kept giving them the ball at the 50
    can you list these bad calls? they seem to have escaped my memory
    "My problem is that my parents are here and so is my brother. It will look kind of suspicious with me walking into the bathroom with a frozen chicken breast. We have no salmon here either, but I can get the salmon fillets this weekend and stick it in my ass on Monday morning when everyone is gone.

I don't mind sticking the fish in my ass (no homo) its just getting it past my parents that's going to be the delay."

- sXeWarrior

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    those ref calls were ****ing rediculous. it was so damn clear that that 'td' by roethlesberger really wasnt one. and the touchdown the seahawks made and they called back for some bs reason

I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10) I_Eat_Chicken is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The Seahawks didn't look as good as the Steelers but the refs certainly didn't help. That TD review hurt when they didnt overturn it.

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the bad calls did not have the effect on the game that everyone seems to be whining about.

the Roeth TD run was very close. It wasn't a bad call, it was a close call that could've gone either way.

the penalty on Hasselbeck during the interception run back was not a good call, but guess what? Ward would've scored on a pass from Randel-El even if the STeelers would NOT have had that extra distance.

there was a "bad call" (ha, whatever) on the play where Hasselback made a pass down to the Steelers 3 and was called back on holding because the offensive lineman damn near tackled Clark Haggins.

John Madden (who, incidentally, lost the chance to go to the Super Bowl 3 times in the 70s to...guess who? The steelers...) said he didn't see a hold. Perhaps he couldn't see through that blubberous face of his, dunno, but when a defenseman gets tackled by an offensive lineman, it's called "holding".

It boils down to this.

The refs had NOTHING to do with Parker's run, the refs had NOTHING to do with the Randel-El to Hines Ward TD pass, and the refs had NOTHING to do with the long pass from Roeth to Ward that set up a TD. The refs had NOTHING to do with the piss-poor clock management in BOTH the first and second halves by the hawks.

nothing.

the seahawks beat themselves, and the steelers beat the seahawks too.

Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Runngunn29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by futballman
    can you list these bad calls? they seem to have escaped my memory
    1) Hasselback's tackle
    2) The offensive pass interference (One hand touching a DB does not account for off pass intereference which is rarely enforced or called unless it is obvious. His hand had nothing to do with the corner not knocking the ball away)
    3) the holding call which negated a long pass to stevens
    4) any of the other 3-4 holding calls (punt return one that was called before the ball was even caught by warrick, the one that negated a pass to the 1 yard line)

i clearly saw a touchdown.. and the touchdown that was called back was very legit.. he pushed off BIG TIME.

every holding call was completely legit accept for 1.

i am completely unbiased. my team is new orleans. steelers was the better, more physical, and better coached team. they deserved it especially after defeating the #1 #2 #3 teams.

stop inventing excuses for the seahawks.. i cant even count how many teams should have been at the superbowl ahead of them but they cant be cuz they all in the NFC.. where the real football is played.

- sXeWarrior

It's all part of the plan crazykid46's Avatar
    crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000) crazykid46 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually, the punt holding wasn't a bad call. They showed the reply and the Seahawk nearly tackled the guy before he got off the line.

Seattle shot themself in the foot. It wasn't so much the penalties, but the bad clock management that killed them. I mean, what happened at the end of the half and game!?
    $$$ Sasha Banks Crew $$$

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Runngunn29
    1) Hasselback's tackle irrelevant
    2) The offensive pass interference (One hand touching a DB does not account for off pass intereference which is rarely enforced or called unless it is obvious. His hand had nothing to do with the corner not knocking the ball away)bad call
    3) the holding call which negated a long pass to stevensmarginal call
    4) any of the other 3-4 holding calls (punt return one that was called before the ball was even caught by warrick, the one that negated a pass to the 1 yard line)
    the holding call that negated the pass to the 1 yard line (thought it was the 3? whatever) was an obvious hold. Offensive lineman aren't allowed to wrap their arm around a linebackers shoulder and tackle him. Sorry man, not allowed.

The refs didn't miss the field goals, the refs didn't allow Willie Parker to run 75 yards for a TD, the refs didn't allow a wide receiver to wide receiver pass for a TD, the refs didn't throw any interceptions, the refs didn't give up 3 sacks, the refs didn't manage the clock like idiots.

The seahawks were the victims of relatively poor officiating, but they did more than enough to beat themselves.

there should've been a 3rd choice up top, that being "the refs were pretty bad, but they didn't decide the game"

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    the holding call that negated the pass to the 1 yard line (thought it was the 3? whatever) was an obvious hold. Offensive lineman aren't allowed to wrap their arm around a linebackers shoulder and tackle him. Sorry man, not allowed.

The refs didn't miss the field goals, the refs didn't allow Willie Parker to run 75 yards for a TD, the refs didn't allow a wide receiver to wide receiver pass for a TD, the refs didn't throw any interceptions, the refs didn't give up 3 sacks, the refs didn't manage the clock like idiots.

The seahawks were the victims of relatively poor officiating, but they did more than enough to beat themselves.

there should've been a 3rd choice up top, that being "the refs were pretty bad, but they didn't decide the game"
    umm i said that it didnt decide the game.. how bout u read what i wrote? thanks

you aren't the only one in the thread. The thread is titled "Were the Seahawks robbed by the refs in the Superbowl?"

I was using your post of "bad calls" to counterpoint the thread. Besides, you were, in my opinion, incorrect about a few of those "bad" calls.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by yoyohomieg5432
    it was so damn clear that that 'td' by roethlesberger really wasnt one. and the touchdown the seahawks made and they called back for some bs reason
    Of all the controversial calls, this one was actually the most clearly correct IMO. Did we watch the same game? Do you know that only a portion of the ball has to break the plane? Freeze frame it. In fact, I'm sure these frames will show up on the net, and then people will stop worrying about this call. Still, a **** excuse for a TD, to be sure. But the score was 21-10. 14-10 is still a victory. And to assume more than one "IF" when it comes to officiating IMO is to be living in some sort of fantasy land, once you start stacking up "IFs" in sports, you are not being realistic. Because sports are based on randomness and chaos, so as soon as one "IF" gets applied, the outcome of the game and each and every play changes completely.

As for the PI call, Jackson pushed off, it was obvious. Was the call petty? Probably. I wouldn't say this officiating was biased because that's a deep and serious allegation to make, but it definitely seemed "over-officiated" as does much NFL football.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

sorry, i thought you were "speaking" directly to "me"

gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"
    I saw steelers linemen using the same technique on several running plays with no call.The poor officiating deffinatly swung momentum in the steelers favor at key moments in the game a few times IMO.I really didnt care who won the game but I hate to see good games between two good teams influenced by the majority of bad calls going against one team.

The Seahawks did have opportunities to overcome but I think its a shame
    that it went down like that.

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, lets take a look at the Roth TD run. What's to say they wouldn't have gone for it on 4th down and scored anyhow?

good point lion heart

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

The Seahawks looked like the Keystone Cops during the last two minutes of that game. What in the hell were they doing?? They needed to make a score of either kind - a touchdown OR a field goal and get the ball set up for an onside kick... they didn't do that.

BTW, I think Hasselbeck fumbled that ball on that run, but the officials gave it back to Seattle.

How can a guy like Rothinschildgreenbrownblackinberger play like such a goof... AND STILL win the Superbowl??? It's a mystery to me, even though I was pulling for the Steelers to win anyway (I'm a Steelers fan from way back, I remember the last time they won the Superbowl when a guy named Terry Bradshaw led them to victory against the Rams).
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by John Hicks
    BTW, I think Hasselbeck fumbled that ball on that run, but the officials gave it back to Seattle.
    Are you kidding me? They cleary showed him getting pushed down by the pit
    libebacker.That and the Roth td run are the only ones they got right.

GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000) GettinRipped07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Polamalu was holding on the play right before the Steven's touchdown, but that didn't get called. A lot of things on the Steelers didn't get called, and things that were VERY petty or didn't even happen got called on the SeaHawks.

"BTW, I think Hasselbeck fumbled that ball on that run, but the officials gave it back to Seattle."

Steeler grabbed him, both his elbows were down when the ball rolled out...it's down by contact, that was clear.

Big Ben's TD was not a TD. Not saying they couldn't have got a TD on the next play, but that was not a TD and should have been overturned.

The ref's sucked horribley, I thought these were supposed to be all-star refs? They were clearly Pro-Pitt.

Steve Young even said that TD by Jackson (I believe it was Jackson) should have been a TD, and not been called.

skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There were a few "questionable" calls. These few "questionable" calls changed the whole complex of the game. I hate when the REFS influence the outcome of games. They need to swallow their whistles and just let the players play the damn game!

nah, Hasselback's fumble wasn't a fumble. He was down.

Remember, Roeth is 25. 2nd season. Remember what happened to Dan Marino in his first Super Bowl (interestingly enough, in his 2nd season I believe?)

38-16 or something? Roeth is young, and he'll stop making STUPID ****ING THROWS like the one that resulted in the only Hawks TD in the 2nd half.

in case you missed it the first time:

The refs had NOTHING to do with Parker's run, the refs had NOTHING to do with the Randel-El to Hines Ward TD pass, and the refs had NOTHING to do with the long pass from Roeth to Ward that set up a TD. The refs had NOTHING to do with the piss-poor clock management in BOTH the first and second halves by the hawks.
    and oh yeah, the refs didn't miss 2 field goals either, nor did the refs throw an interception that stopped a 98-yard drive by the hawks.

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was cheering for Pittsburg mostly for the Bus. I met him a few years back and he was one hell of a cool dude. Thought it was so nice to see him end his career on such a high note and infront of his hometown crowd nonetheless.

I wouldn't say Ben necessarily played bad because he made some very key plays. No matter though, he now has something the likes of Marino, Sanders, etc never had.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nor did the refs throw an interception that stopped a 98-yard drive by the hawks.
    In a way, they did. We should of been on the 2 yard line, but the phantom holding call on Locklear brought it back 10 yards + the gain. Madden or Michaels didn't even see the penalty.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

and oh yeah, the refs didn't miss 2 field goals either, nor did the refs throw an interception that stopped a 98-yard drive by the hawks.
    Agreed the Hawks did themselves in but its still a shame to see a good game
    influenced by questionable officiating.It happens all the time though.

Originally Posted by Khronos
    In a way, they did. We should of been on the 2 yard line, but the phantom holding call on Locklear brought it back 10 yards + the gain. Madden or Michaels didn't even see the penalty.
    Yeah,that and the overturned td were the killers.

Big Ben played horribly as a QB.

He had some key runs, and of course, a key block on a TD, but if you throw like he did....that's a bad game.