OKstPLer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ways to lose 10 lbs with minimal strenth loss

I need to drop a class, from the 168 to the 157 in a month, before Regionals. What would be the best way to do this without losing a lot of my strenth, and possibly becoming stronger while losing this weight? Any help would be appreciated.
    Height: 5'10''
    Weight: 175
    Bench: 330
    Squat:440
    Dead Lift: 460

Mangum Iron Works
    SW Regional Champion (Small School)
    Western Regional Champion (Small School)
    3rd in bench in the state
    5th in squat in the state

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some tips for cutting fat without losing muscle/strength...

-lose weight slowly. aim for 1/2-1lb a week.
    -eat clean.
    -dont change your lifting routine. you got big/strong for a reason, so keep the routine the same while cutting.
    -drop calories slowly over 2-3 weeks until you start losing 1/2-1lb a week. if you drasticlly, cut cals overnight you will shock your body and lose muscle.
    -do HIIT cardio, GPP, or low-intensity cardio on days you dont lift. but have at least 1 day a week where you rest...no cardio, no lifting.
    -look into timed carb diets.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    its not that hard

ive lost 48lbs and gotten stronger in most lifts

10 is easy

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know this is not what you are asking. But we are about the same size and i dont think we need to loose any weight at that height. I used to try and stay at 165 but it is just not good thinking.

LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I am cutting for a judo competition, I like to take about3-5lbs through dieting over 2 weeks. Then, the day before, I jump in the sauna to cut the rest of the weight. Not sure if it works the same in powerlifting but hopefully that helps.
    Squat: 400lbs
    Deadlift:415lbs
    Bench:250bs
    All done with single ply equipment

OKstPLer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanx for all of the help and ive decided to stay at my weight class. the only reason i wanted to drop one was some guy that came out of nowhere is going to kick my ass at state, and i dont want a silver metal. I would have a better chance at 157, but ill just stick with it, and hope that guy dies in a horrible car wreck, or something like that.
    Height: 5'10''
    Weight: 175
    Bench: 330
    Squat:440
    Dead Lift: 460

Mangum Iron Works
    SW Regional Champion (Small School)
    Western Regional Champion (Small School)
    3rd in bench in the state
    5th in squat in the state

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your 5'10 167 and you want to LOSE weight?!!!!

uh........

Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cut carbs,eat a`lot of protien(meats, cheeses, etc) drink tons of water, and eat a lot of fiber. 10 pounds shouldn't be too tough.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by OKstPLer
    Thanx for all of the help and ive decided to stay at my weight class. the only reason i wanted to drop one was some guy that came out of nowhere is going to kick my ass at state, and i dont want a silver metal. I would have a better chance at 157, but ill just stick with it, and hope that guy dies in a horrible car wreck, or something like that.
    If you cut weight, you may get weaker, which would be crazy and stupid. Really, the only sane response is ambush this guy and kill him.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."