Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How does drinking lots of water help u lose fat?

I've been drinking almost a gallon of water a day just because it's a general rule to drink a ton of water while cutting? Why? How does water help u lose weight? Just curious.

Also, is it true that eating lots of protein will actually help u lose fat as well? Or is that just meant for keeping the muscles?

Wendal

Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100) Joe00044 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Drinking a lot of water helps you to get rid of "water weight." It also helps in the digestion of food in general.

Registered User Year of the Dragon's Avatar
    Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Year of the Dragon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking a lot of water helps you remove excess water. Removing that excess water results in more definition. Due to the fact that excess water weight will make you look bloated instead of defined, it's also recomended that you stop using supplemental creatine during a cutting phase.

I have no idea about part two of the question, sorry.
    Last edited by Year of the Dragon; 02-05-2006 at 12:39 PM.

Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's so simple, yet so often ignored. Water. The stuff of life. About 70% of the earth is covered in it, the same as the amount found in your body. Water is needed for every single metabolic process, including protein synthesis. So if your training intensity is high, one of the simplest things you can do for your body is to drink more water.

1. You Aren't Getting Enough

Soda and coffees don't count. In fact, though they are liquid beverages, the caffeine in both can increase fluid loss through diuresis. When this happens, the body begins storing water (see #4). Conventional wisdom tells you 6-8 glasses of water is enough per day. Since you're training for an unconventional physique, you need more. Aim for at least a half gallon to a gallon per day, depending your level of conditioning.

2. Water Clears Out Toxins

Water flushes out toxins and other metabolic waste products from the body. Water is especially important when following a "high protein" diet, as it helps remove excess nitrogen, urea (a toxic substance), and ketones. If you're eating big to gain weight, then you need even more water to help your kidneys do their work.

3. Water Helps Metabolize Fat

Without enough water, the kidneys can't function properly. When this happens, some of the load is transferred to the liver. The liver metabolizes stored fat for energy. If the liver is doing some of the kidneys' work, it burns less fat. In addition, water can actually reduce feelings of hunger.

4. Water Reduces Fluid Retention

Contrary to popular belief, drinking water can actually help you shed excess water weight. When water is in short supply, the body, thinking there's a shortage, begins hoarding it. This water is stored in extra cellular spaces. In other words, your skin starts looking soft and puffy.

5. Water Keeps You Regular

Too little water, and your body steals it from organs such as the colon. When this happens, you experience constipation. Plus, water allows you to digest your meals efficiently. This is especially true when you're consuming over 4,000 calories a day.

6. Water Helps Individuals Who Get Too Much Salt

If water retention is a chronic problem, it may be because there's too much salt in the diet. The higher the sodium intake, the more the body tries to retain water (to dilute its concentration). Either reduce salt intake or drink more water.

7. Water Helps Your Supplements Work Better

Supplements like creatine work in part because it pulls water in muscle cells, thereby creating an anabolic environment needed for growth. For this to work properly, you need plenty of water. Plus, if you're training hard, then you need a basic mega-vitamin. Many vitamins are water soluble, and water unlocks the power of those vitamins.

So there you have, now go drink some water.
    I seem to receive alot of P.M's on nutrition advice, training & among other general subjects, please give me time to reply, I don't mind answering your questions, thanks! Ladies and Gents.

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mean helps remove excess water weight as in peeing it out? Because I sure do pee quite a bit now. I'm on my first week and I've already lost 4 lbs so it must be doing me some good. Thanks for the replies.

Wow, that was very informative Abyss. Thanks for the info. Oh and I"m actually drinking a huge glass of water as we speak.

Wendal

itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your body doesn't keep as much water "on board" because it realizes it is getting a constant supply of it, thus you don't retain as much and appear trimmer.

Also, a little-known fact is that drinking ice-cold water raises your metabolism.

So yeah, drink up! Don't over-do it, but do drink up :-) I'd say between a gallon and 1.5 gallons is a good dose per day.
    -IT

Transformed my body the old fashioned way.
    -Now to transform it again

Remember every body is different, what works for one person, doesn't have to apply to you - experiment and find what does work.

metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metswi6986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Abyss, I dont give out reps, but that was well earned..WATER IS VERY UNDERRATED!!

It was mentioned that cold water raises your metabolism...You are able to drink more water at room temperature..Which is better to do?
    I miss the twins :-(

65/30/5=MADDD MEAT!! iwannabehuge2's Avatar
    iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwannabehuge2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

man, abyss, thank you for posting that....i always get laughed at for walking in class w/ my gallon jug everyday....(i drink a little more than 2 gallons per day)...when people ask me about it, i hate having to tell the reasons over and over and over...

"but, wait...if you're drinking more of it, shouldn't you be gaining weight?"

i honestly kinda want to print your post out and tape it to my jug..hahah....but yeah, about the cold water..it actually burns calories to ingest it, sort of like cold broccoli, etc. that are in the "negative calorie diet"...

bigb3188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigb3188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    I've been drinking almost a gallon of water a day just because it's a general rule to drink a ton of water while cutting? Why? How does water help u lose weight? Just curious.

Also, is it true that eating lots of protein will actually help u lose fat as well? Or is that just meant for keeping the muscles?

Wendal
    wendaL i know this is a veryyyy old post but I found this post to be very helpful. Check it out!

Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Woah old thread bump! lol

Good info though.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    It's so simple, yet so often ignored. Water. The stuff of life. About 70% of the earth is covered in it, the same as the amount found in your body. Water is needed for every single metabolic process, including protein synthesis. So if your training intensity is high, one of the simplest things you can do for your body is to drink more water.

Soda and coffees don't count. In fact, though they are liquid beverages, the caffeine in both can increase fluid loss through diuresis. When this happens, the body begins storing water (see #4). Conventional wisdom tells you 6-8 glasses of water is enough per day. Since you're training for an unconventional physique, you need more. Aim for at least a half gallon to a gallon per day, depending your level of conditioning.

Water flushes out toxins and other metabolic waste products from the body. Water is especially important when following a "high protein" diet, as it helps remove excess nitrogen, urea (a toxic substance), and ketones. If you're eating big to gain weight, then you need even more water to help your kidneys do their work.

Without enough water, the kidneys can't function properly. When this happens, some of the load is transferred to the liver. The liver metabolizes stored fat for energy. If the liver is doing some of the kidneys' work, it burns less fat. In addition, water can actually reduce feelings of hunger.

Contrary to popular belief, drinking water can actually help you shed excess water weight. When water is in short supply, the body, thinking there's a shortage, begins hoarding it. This water is stored in extra cellular spaces. In other words, your skin starts looking soft and puffy.

Too little water, and your body steals it from organs such as the colon. When this happens, you experience constipation. Plus, water allows you to digest your meals efficiently. This is especially true when you're consuming over 4,000 calories a day.

If water retention is a chronic problem, it may be because there's too much salt in the diet. The higher the sodium intake, the more the body tries to retain water (to dilute its concentration). Either reduce salt intake or drink more water.

Supplements like creatine work in part because it pulls water in muscle cells, thereby creating an anabolic environment needed for growth. For this to work properly, you need plenty of water. Plus, if you're training hard, then you need a basic mega-vitamin. Many vitamins are water soluble, and water unlocks the power of those vitamins.

all this, you get repps too^^^^^^

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Abyss View Post

This x100000
    Water is so much more important than most realize