Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Increase amount of pushups in 2 weeks.

Hey there everyone! I have a pretty simple question, but I'm looking for some tips. I have a police agility test coming up in 2 weeks(not long I know). I can already do basically the exact required amount of pushups(25) and I would actually like to increase that, and do more than the required amount. I can totally over do all of the other tests except for pushups. What I have been doing to prepare so far is basically practicing pushups everyday(different kinds each day) and getting alot of protein so that my muscles heal up faster.

Are there any tips that you can give me on increasing the number of pushups?

Thanks a million! I really appreciate your help!! *WAVES*

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cool...my sister just took a police agility test (in Kentucky, though). She said her adrenaline was so high that it was a lot easier than while she was training for it...so that should help you a bit. Good luck to you!

Since I have never trained to do push ups specifically, I surprised myself over the summer when I got into a competition with another co-worker. The number I can do apparently increased with my bench press. I stopped at 50 pushups out of laziness (they're challenging for me at that many, but I could have done more if I had to, to win ).

I use dumbbells for flat bench (primarily), and when I was using 20 lb dumbbells, I'd get tired at around 15 pushups. I'm now benching 50's (working on 55's) and pushups have gotten pretty easy (so long as I'm not too lazy to do them...LOL).

I also do incline bench, decline bench and different variations of flyes. Oh...and dips (which I got better at after incorporating decline bench into my workouts).

Anyway, my vote is not to stop doing pushups, but to focus on gaining strength in chest exercises as well.

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good advice from Amanda....

with the 'adrenaline' of a test pushing you along, i'm sure you'll do much more than necessary anyway

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50) i69u will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

wieghted pushups

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    keep pushing your limit everyday.

day one - 50
    day two - 55
    day three - 60

of course, not many people can push it by 5 everyday, so its totally dependant on yourself.

SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump to weighted pushups! A weighted vest works best, but not many people have those lying around. I just put a small plate on my upper back!

Tattoo'd Biker Accountant ShadowRydr's Avatar
    ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000)
    My SO is an retired police officer. I'm not sure what her training regimine was like when she had to join the force but Id' think that another method to help increase your pushups would be any exercise that would strentgthen your upper back and lats. Bent over Rows, especially with an olympic bar, would help I'd think. Also some lat pulldowns.

When you are doing the pushups, what gives out first? Is it your chest, back or triceps. Figure out which one of those is giving you the trouble and try to work on that.

Good luck on your test! I hope you like being a police officer. I have the umost respect for "most" of them. My SO is a retired NYPD leiutenant, 20 years on the force. One of the few females on it at the time she enlisted.

Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ShadowRydr
    Good luck on your test! I hope you like being a police officer. I have the umost respect for "most" of them. My SO is a retired NYPD leiutenant, 20 years on the force. One of the few females on it at the time she enlisted.
    Thanks so much and I'll totally take your advice because I think it's my lats!

*Grins*

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Adding muscle (thus making those areas stronger) to your chest and arms will make pushups easier. I found this out myself...I cannot believe how easy pushups are now.

I found a training routine for 100+ pushups. Check it out:

http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/100push.html

beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try diamond push ups. Also, try doing push ups every hour...maybe like 15 or more if you can every hour. But about 3 days out before your fitness test, you rest. You don't want to have that muscle soreness that it would be more difficult for you to the push up.

The best way to improve push ups is by doing push ups.

Good Luck.

deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    push ups are technique as much as strength, I have really bad wrists, so flat handed I can maybe to 15 push ups, on fists I can do 20-25, using dumbbells or something to grip and I can do close to 45

you will slowly increase your numbers the more you do them, practice with different hand positions, see which way you can do the most, AND make sure that you can do them that way in the test.

I find my shoulders are giving out more then my chest with arms strait out 90degrees from my body, so do some shoulder workouts to strengthen them
    Venice Fitness in Toronto are Crooks Worst Gym to deal with ever.

Took me 1 year to get fat, how long will it take me to get unfat again....