unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Is it ok to make protein-shakes with 2 1/2 scoops of whey protein?

Hello all, i would like to know how many scoops of whey-protein do you put in your protein shakes in your blender? I ask this because i have increased the amount of scoops i put in my shakes. I used to pour 1 1/2 scoops, now i make my night whey protein shakes, with 2 1/2 scoops of whey protein with milk, which is about 68 grams of protein

unsoberx
    Last edited by unsoberx; 01-29-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

14.5% 10 point tested AB_RIGGER's Avatar
    AB_RIGGER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh ya at least 2 scoops @ 24G's of protein/scoop. Way too bland with water otherwise. Can get away with 1 with milk though.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi, thanx a lot !! I have another question. Is 2 scoops and a half of whey protein too much for a protein shake? I calculated the grams of protein if i make it with 2 1/2 scoops and that's about 68 grams of protein.

So is 68 grams of protein for 1 single protein shake too much? is it ok like this? or should i reduce it to just 2 scoops or less?

unsoberx

Originally Posted by AB_RIGGER View Post
    Oh ya at least 2 scoops @ 24G's of protein/scoop. Way too bland with water otherwise. Can get away with 1 with milk though.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10) chamby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Hi, thanx a lot !! I have another question. Is 2 scoops and a half of whey protein too much for a protein shake? I calculated the grams of protein if i make it with 2 1/2 scoops and that's about 68 grams of protein.

So is 68 grams of protein for 1 single protein shake too much? is it ok like this? or should i reduce it to just 2 scoops or less?

unsoberx
    could be a bit much. i keep mine at 2 scoops.

bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only use 2 in my PWO shake. if you are eating 6-7 meals a day you should aim for around 30 - 35g per meal (depends on wt., goals, etc.).
    Just lift heavy a$$ weights and eat on dat healthy s**t!

The Iron never lies to you. - Henry Rollins

Are you doing heavy lifting with the barbell, or are you just playing with the pink dumbbells? - Doobie2270

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I use 2 scoops in my protein shakes. There isn't enough protein in one scoop for my needs.

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think 2 scoops are an overkill. Your body can only utilize so much protein at a time. The rest you just piss away.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    I think 2 scoops are an overkill. Your body can only utilize so much protein at a time. The rest you just piss away.
    Lol, yeah..no.

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    id rather have overkill than not enough. i usually mix 1 scoop casein with 1 scoop whey.

luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gx7Pyro View Post
    i usually mix 1 scoop casein with 1 scoop whey.
    Same here, although i dont like the taste of my casein protein.
    I look out into the world and think to myself, wow we might just make it as a culture, but then i read the misc and realize the world is doomed.

Eat because you have too, not because you want too.

CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CozaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have 2 & 1/2 scoops of protien powder at 20g a tea spoon.

Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I only use 2 when its in water.
    I use 1 if I'm using milk and/or peanut butter.

neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neutral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use two in the morning, but only one PWO as I usually eat a meal shortly after.
    4/1/2007 - 250lbs
    1/1/2008 - 178lbs

JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what i eat only comes out to about 25g of protein, so i make up for it with with 2 or so scoops.

Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i use two, reflex instant whey, 2 scoops works out at 40g

the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_RazorBlade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dnt use protein shakes!!!! Geeez....

haha... have 2 scoops hey. if i want more i usually have 1 1/2 scoops first then another 1 1/5 scoops an hour later. just to try and spread out the nutrient absorbtion. and it also helps with the hunger bug!!!!
    There are 10 type of ppl in the world. those who understand binary and those who don't

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At night I use a scoop and half of casein. Post work out I use two scoops of whey.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I always use 2 scoops in the morning with my oats......2 scoops whey w/ a big scoop of dextrose PWO. (50g protein each time)
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont see the purpose of 2 scoops IMHO. If you get plenty of protein throughout the day in your food, I think 1 is plenty or even 1.5 at the very most

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post
    I dont see the purpose of 2 scoops IMHO. If you get plenty of protein throughout the day in your food, I think 1 is plenty or even 1.5 at the very most
    You are a woman...it would be totally different for you.

Hello, i agree with you. I think 2 or 3 scoops of whey protein is too much for 1 single shake or serving. Right now i am taking 2 1/2 scoops of whey protein in my shakes. What i will do is that i will decrease it to 1 1/2 (1 and a half scoop of whey protein) per shake.

I've noticed that when i make the shakes with 2 scoops of protein, my stomach feels so heavy, from all those grams of whey protein working in there

thanx anyways for your comment

unsoberx

Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post

Guess it actually would depend how much you weigh.....your goals...how much protein you get in from your other meals....etc. I take 2 in the morning and after my lifts because it helps get to my daily needs of around 200 g protein a day which im aiming for.

big bets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big bets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 scoops @ 24g. protein per scoop.

tastes better this way too.

bivvo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use 2 scoops , But then again 1 serving size is 2 scoops.

Hello, yeah a protein shake with just 1 scoop of whey protein isn't too thick and smoothy, and doesn't satisfy you as much as a shake with 2 scoops.

However when we are losing weight, we have to control our calorie intake even if it means decreasing protein intake

unsoberx

unsoberx

Originally Posted by big bets View Post
    2 scoops @ 24g. protein per scoop.

tastes better this way too.

Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post

unsoberx
    if you like wasting money while you piss out 25g of protein, then yea, its just fine

Hello, i weigh 165 lbs. so i consider my daily intake to be around 145 grams. SO i guess im ok, i had to decrease my night protein shake from 2 1/2 scoops to 1 1/2 scoops of whey-protein to give way to increase more good carbs (apples and green veggies) coz i felt sluggish and tired

PROTEIN GRAMS PER DAY:

50 in the morning
    50 at lunch
    45 at dinner

unsoberx

Originally Posted by jcosley View Post
    Guess it actually would depend how much you weigh.....your goals...how much protein you get in from your other meals....etc. I take 2 in the morning and after my lifts because it helps get to my daily needs of around 200 g protein a day which im aiming for.

Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
    if you like wasting money while you piss out 25g of protein, then yea, its just fine
    If you had "extra" your body would actually store it (fat), not piss it out.

catalysis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only take 1 1/2 scoops or less at a time because I only weigh 160lbs. You guys realize that extra protein gets stored as fat right? It's best to space out your protein consumption according to your needs, just like everything else.