Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Duty

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb Heavy Duty

Heres how my workout looks,

week 1

bench press 1x5-10
    dead lifts 1x5-10
    squat 1x5-10

week 2

Behind the neck presses 1x5-10
    close grip pulldowns 1x5-10
    incline hammer strength 1x5-10

i train once a week, for 15 minutes, doing 1 set to failure, then going past failure, by forced reps etc.

i know not many people are a fan of mike mentzers heavy duty programe. but if theres any1 out there that does follow heavy duty, if u could submit ur workout
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thats ur entire workout?
    nothing is going to happen with that.

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Drush has a huge thread on Mentzer HIT - search under his username and the word Mentzer. He's been fairly successful with it.
    Training Theory, Info, and Starr/Pendlay 5x5 Info:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

Direct Table of Contents:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Registered User houstonwehaveaproblem's Avatar
    houstonwehaveaproblem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) houstonwehaveaproblem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you are going to get really fat....good luck

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by houstonwehaveaproblem
    you are going to get really fat....good luck
    see this is the kind of things that people say when, they follow routines out of a mag, before i started hd, i was 12 with approx 2st of fat, im now, 17st with about 2st of fat, i have been doing this for about 2 yrs, im in the best shape of my life, standing next to other natuals my age that train high volume, i compare alot favourable. as for my strength, im now deadlifting & squating over 200kg, & benching 100kg. iv put 3" on my arms, i would never had made these solid gains so fast if training wiv volume

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    how do you know?

you didn't train that way, so you have no clue how you would've gained.

besides, you're a frickin' teenager. You said you "deadlifted" and "squatted" and "benched"

**** dude, you're a teenager, if you squat, deadlift and bench, and eat a lot, YOU WILL GROW.

and how heavy is a "stone", I see it used alot, and I can never remember how much it weighs.

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by reflexions
    i would never had made these solid gains so fast if training wiv volume
    What is volume? HIT has volume, it's just low and they are fairly dogmatic about keeping it static and using failure as constant metric to drive progression. The merit of HIT is that it actually has a plan rather than just going into the gym and doing some stuff. That said, plans can also incorporate more volume - the important part is the plan, and that's what most people are missing when they look at people in a commercial gym and classify it as "volume". It's a major generalization to look at every non-HIT program and call it volume or HVT regardless of how it varies programming mix over time, what level of planning is entailed, who is using it, and what their success has been. It's a big world out there.
    Training Theory, Info, and Starr/Pendlay 5x5 Info:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

Direct Table of Contents:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    how do you know?

besides, you're a frickin' teenager. You said you "deadlifted" and "squatted" and "benched"

**** dude, you're a teenager, if you squat, deadlift and bench, and eat a lot, YOU WILL GROW.

and how heavy is a "stone", I see it used alot, and I can never remember how much it weighs.
    i have done volume training, for bout a year, very litle results

Originally Posted by Madcow2
    What is volume? HIT has volume, it's just low and they are fairly dogmatic about keeping it static and using failure as constant metric to drive progression. The merit of HIT is that it actually has a plan rather than just going into the gym and doing some stuff. That said, plans can also incorporate more volume - the important part is the plan, and that's what most people are missing when they look at people in a commercial gym and classify it as "volume". It's a major generalization to look at every non-HIT program and call it volume or HVT regardless of how it varies programming mix over time, what level of planning is entailed, who is using it, and what their success has been. It's a big world out there.
    you cant train volume & intensity, after 30 min energy levels drop low, after 45 min, u have used all your glycogen, test & gh levels also drop.

volume training meaning training for a long period of time, you cant train as intensly after 45min than 20mins .so the aim to increase muscle hyptrophy, by constantly increasing training poundage is more likely if the body has adequate rest.

how many of u have had a terrific leg day on friday, rested over the weekend, by mondays ur legs feel recovered, but u still feel tired, so u decied 2 ave a day of the gym, on tues, you still feel a litle tired, ave another day off, wed ur booming with energy, which day would u train on 2 get the most out of ur workout, which day will be a dead cert that your going to lift more, wiv max energy. lifting weight with more reps WILL stimulate growth. only if the body had enougth rest.
    Last edited by reflexions; 02-05-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Smile

Originally Posted by Madcow2
    Drush has a huge thread on Mentzer HIT - search under his username and the word Mentzer. He's been fairly successful with it.
    thanks for that

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    how do you know?

thats ok, a stone is 14lbs

i am going to ask you a question,

how do you train?
    why do you train like that?

i hope to get a reply. thanks alot
    Last edited by reflexions; 02-05-2006 at 11:50 AM.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    something the volume idiots don't understand is, if you go up just one rep once a week on one exercise thats 52 rep increases over a year. I even have one client going up at least one rep every week so far for the past 6 months and he can now do over 60 dips on his one set to failure. If he was to do 2 sets or workout more often he would be around 30 or so.

9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So much bull**** in this thread it's unbelievable.
    Back from the grave.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reflexions, you have only one problem with your workout. You have no idea what you doing and what your talking about. Well, I guess that's two problems. If you think you can't workout for more than 15 minutes, then you proabably eat Doritos, and drink soda all day. If you are too tired two days after your workout on Saturday to workout, then you proabably stay up all weekend playing Halo. Which I can't blame you for that. You need to seriously re-evaluate your workout, and diet. Don't just make lifting a little hobby if your serious, make it part of your life.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kingfish3
    something the volume idiots don't understand is, if you go up just one rep once a week on one exercise thats 52 rep increases over a year. I even have one client going up at least one rep every week so far for the past 6 months and he can now do over 60 dips on his one set to failure. If he was to do 2 sets or workout more often he would be around 30 or so.
    That's all good and well for a beginner but the "going up one rep every week" is not going to continue ad infinitum.

Finally, WTF is with the 60 rep dips? You've never heard of a dip belt I take it?

Originally Posted by danj112
    Reflexions, you have only one problem with your workout. You have no idea what you doing and what your talking about. Well, I guess that's two problems. If you think you can't workout for more than 15 minutes, then you proabably eat Doritos, and drink soda all day. If you are too tired two days after your workout on Saturday to workout, then you proabably stay up all weekend playing Halo. Which I can't blame you for that. You need to seriously re-evaluate your workout, and diet. Don't just make lifting a little hobby if your serious, make it part of your life.
    typicial, no it all, lets get some thing straight,

1. i do know what im talking about, if i havent tried any other type of training then, i wouldnt be condeming volume training,

2. i do know what im doing, hence why i posted these posts

3. i dont eat doritos evevy time & drink soda, (which you do)

4. i train on wednesday, i diet 5 days a week, then have weekends of my diet,(which alot of athlets do) my diet consists of healthy fats, complex carbs, & quality protein,

5. i dont stay up all night, im asleep by 11pm & up at 8am, also i dnt have an x box to play halo, obviouse that proves that you, spend all your time playing computer games, than researching,

also i dnt remember saying about my diet,
    now these questions may get u using the small amount of recreational brain cels u have, they are quiet hard,

how do you train?
    why do u train like that?
    Last edited by reflexions; 02-06-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i wouldnt even call that a workout
    and youre meant to diet everyday.. not just weekdays

Originally Posted by (Oz)
    i wouldnt even call that a workout
    and youre meant to diet everyday.. not just weekdays
    no, not realy, i know a hell of a load of people that have a cheat day in der diet, this is also known as a high carb day, which in turn can help u shed more fat by confusing the metabolism

as for a workout, what would u consider a workout, training for hours on end, thats obviouse

no, not realy, i know a hell of a load of people that have a cheat day in der diet, this is also known as a high carb day, which in turn can help u shed more fat by confusing the metabolism

as for a workout, what would u consider a workout, training for hours on end, thats obviouse
    i would call a workout training more than 15 minutes a week
    maybe 1 cheat meal every week,, but youre having 2 cheat days every week
    huge difference
    and that high carb day is when you are cutting and have low carbs thruout the week - which isnt what you are doing

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

week 1

bench press 1x5-10
    dead lifts 1x5-10
    squat 1x5-10

week 2

Behind the neck presses 1x5-10
    close grip pulldowns 1x5-10
    incline hammer strength 1x5-10

i train once a week, for 15 minutes, doing 1 set to failure, then going past failure, by forced reps etc.

i know not many people are a fan of mike mentzers heavy duty programe. but if theres any1 out there that does follow heavy duty, if u could submit ur workout
    Careful there, you don't want to overtrain yourself.
    neg reds on sight crew

Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Careful there, you don't want to overtrain yourself.
    Careful there, you don't want to make yourself laugh
    Last edited by reflexions; 02-06-2006 at 04:35 AM.

i would call a workout training more than 15 minutes a week
    maybe 1 cheat meal every week,, but youre having 2 cheat days every week
    huge difference
    and that high carb day is when you are cutting and have low carbs thruout the week - which isnt what you are doing
    why would you say a workout is longer that 15 minutes instead of giving acusations, think alittle bit harder & give a reson, it aint hard, its what iv been saying the whole time

why would you say a workout is longer that 15 minutes instead of giving acusations, think alittle bit harder & give a reson, it aint hard, its what iv been saying the whole time
    well lets see, a 15 minute workout doing it once a week.. is going to do nothing
    doing a 45 minute working 3-4 times a week.. is going to do something

why dont u explain why your 15 minute a week workout is going to work sinse you love it so much

well lets see, a 15 minute workout doing it once a week.. is going to do nothing
    doing a 45 minute working 3-4 times a week.. is going to do something

why dont u explain why your 15 minute a week workout is going to work sinse you love it so much
    still stupid, iv you can see i already have explained myself in #9 above, you aint got a clue what your talking about, tell me why my workout is bad, & urs is good, for the uptemth time EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

still stupid, iv you can see i already have explained myself in #9 above, you aint got a clue what your talking about, tell me why my workout is bad, & urs is good, for the uptemth time EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    You need to drop the attitude and do some reading young boy.

Drop The Attitude, Ha, U Aint Got A Clue Wot Ur Talking About, U Dont Know Why U Train Like U Do, Do U Know Why Ur Still Here On Earth?

I Have Been Doing Reading, Hence Why I Started The Post. Im Starting A Debate, I Have Research To Bak It Up. U Obviously Dnt, Know Stick To The Question, Or Go & Start Ur Own Forum!!!

AND I MAY BE YOUNG, BUT IV GOT A BETER ASPECT ON LIFE THAN YOU HAVE. YOUR 42 & CANT EVEN HAVE A CIVIL DEBATE WIV A 17 YR OLD, ALL THESE YEARS U BEEN TRAINING, & NO KNOWLODGE TO SHOW

Drop The Attitude, Ha, U Aint Got A Clue Wot Ur Talking About, U Dont Know Why U Train Like U Do, Do U Know Why Ur Still Here On Earth?

I Have Been Doing Reading, Hence Why I Started The Post. Im Starting A Debate, I Have Research To Bak It Up. U Obviously Dnt, Know Stick To The Question, Or Go & Start Ur Own Forum!!!

AND I MAY BE YOUNG, BUT IV GOT A BETER ASPECT ON LIFE THAN YOU HAVE. YOUR 42 & CANT EVEN HAVE A CIVIL DEBATE WIV A 17 YR OLD, ALL THESE YEARS U BEEN TRAINING, & NO KNOWLODGE TO SHOW
    then show us your research telling why this workout of yours is so good
    and btw im not 42...im not debating because i know youre wrong and i dont want to waste my time on some stupid ignorant kid

now please read above, this was my first thread, i asked for hd workouts, not 2 b critisesd about it, i wouldnt mind so much, its just no1 can bak demselfs up, or even ansew my question, this is very sad, so b4 u submit ur coments make sure u can bak ur selfs up, dnt play litle kid games like ozzy, rocki wanabe & difidan, if not whats the point of posting, stick to the subject, or it just defetes the point, & lastly dnt blame me coz i can bak my self up & u cant!

then show us your research telling why this workout of yours is so good
    and btw im not 42...im not debating because i know youre wrong and i dont want to waste my time on some stupid ignorant kid
    listen numnuts,

i asked why do u train like u do?

now eifor ansew the question or piss off, & it say ur age is 42, unless ur posing as a kid to talk to the teenagers

listen numnuts,

i asked why do u train like u do?

now eifor ansew the question or piss off, & it say ur age is 42, unless ur posing as a kid to talk to the teenagers
    i train the way i do because i want to gain muscle.. hense why i dont train your way