Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heavy Duty

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by (Oz)
    i train the way i do because i want to gain muscle.. hense why i dont train your way
    & hows that 30 presups a morning, followed by 50 sit ups, WHY DO U TINK THATS THE WAY TO GO ABOUT GAINING MASS? NOW give a grown up ansew or FUK OFF
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by reflexions
    & hows that 30 presups a morning, followed by 50 sit ups, WHY DO U TINK THATS THE WAY TO GO ABOUT GAINING MASS? NOW give a grown up ansew or FUK OFF
    i dont know about that 30 press ups and 50 situps because i dont do that and i never said i did

im still waiting for your evidence and research (which you said you had) about why your workout is so good

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    unlike, (not just u), alot of people, they think that coz theres this new 60lbs guarentee workout, in their favouite bb mag, thats their prayers ansewed, they follow a routine without thinking about it, like i.e

monday
    chest

tues
    back

wed
    shoulders

thurs
    arms

fri
    legs

sat
    rest

sun
    repeat

also saying that u train calves & abs every workout

an example of chest day would be

bench 8x5, incline bench 8x5, decline bench 8x5, incline db flyers 8x5, cable crossovers 8x5

This comlete a workout lik dis it would take between 1-2hrs to complete. Whats this going to achieve, you only stimulate growth in the gym, then u get the hell out go home & grow, rest is the key factor to growth, by constant training ur not given ur body the adequate rest to recover, just coz ur chest dnt ache, dosent mean that ur bodys energy suply has recovered, your constantly diging ur self into a hole, if you train legs on the fri, by Monday (persuming u rest over the weekend) your legs may feel recovered, but ur still realy tired, so u ad a day of, tues u still feel a bit tired, u ave another day of, Wednesday ur booming with energy, its paid of, ur reps ave gone up & so has the weight, due to ur boost of energy.

Now why train for 15 mins. Lets start at looking at why u should do 1 set max, why stop at 5 sets, why not go up to 100 sets? How many bulets to the brain does it take to kill u? or out of all the million of sperm, how many did it take to stimulate the egg, & create u? 1. It only takes 1 set 2 failure to stimulate 70% of growth, by training to failure then going past the point , will triger myotatic response meaning ur giving 100%.

Why train for 15min, coz the shorter the training sesion, the more time ur body has 2 recover, after growths been stimulated. Also after 15 mins u r energy levels start dropping, after 30 mins they have dramatically dropped, in fact maxium intensity takes place after 1 second, unfortunately I aint found away to stimulate growth with 0 sets

Why so little exercise, when u bench press ur using more than 1 muscle group, when ur bench increases ur chest gets biger, so does ur front delts, triceps. By consolidating muscle groups, by compound u r stimulating as much growth as posable, in the shortest amount of time,

To wrap this up to stimulate growth, u must not let the muscles adapt to the weight being used. By training everyday u havnt got the energy to constantly lift heavier weights, there is no place for sticking points, but if u are lifting more & volume training ur not training hard enough or using some sort of drug

9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 9cyclops9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You just named two complete opposite ends of the spectrum, when the best approach is somewhere in the middle. High frequency is one of the keys to gaining muscle and strength fast, so it's best to do full body workouts using 3-4 compound lifts, low reps, few sets (5x5 or something similar), and not to failure. Do 3 full body workouts per week, and you're hitting each muscle group hard 3x per week, rather than once every 2 weeks.

Now why train for 15 mins. Lets start at looking at why u should do 1 set max, why stop at 5 sets, why not go up to 100 sets?
    Because there's a set/rep range that is ideal for hypertrophy and strength.

How many bulets to the brain does it take to kill u? or out of all the million of sperm, how many did it take to stimulate the egg, & create u? 1.
    Yeah, too bad neither of those things have anything to do with lifting.

BTW, do they not teach you how to spell in London? Reading your nonsense makes my head hurt.
    Back from the grave.

Originally Posted by 9cyclops9
    You just named two complete opposite ends of the spectrum, when the best approach is somewhere in the middle. High frequency is one of the keys to gaining muscle and strength fast, so it's best to do full body workouts using 3-4 compound lifts, low reps, few sets (5x5 or something similar), and not to failure. Do 3 full body workouts per week, and you're hitting each muscle group hard 3x per week, rather than once every 2 weeks.

Because there's a set/rep range that is ideal for hypertrophy and strength.

Yeah, too bad neither of those things have anything to do with lifting.

BTW, do they not teach you how to spell in London? Reading your nonsense makes my head hurt.
    go suk nuts, u litle spaz, & wots ur user name ment to be, perhaps ur parents were pised wen they named u, & u ended up wiv dat as ur name, ***

why is that the corect range of growth doing sets

its been proven less is more, your first working set is responsable for 70% of growth FACT! by constantly lifting more weight u are building more muscle, u can train train for 24hrs dosent mean ur going to build muscle. u can train a couple hrs everyday, u may still build muscle, but it would ave been at a slower rate, u would of built muscle faster by resting longer, instead of diging a whole in your energy reserves, take an example, sun baving, if u sun bath for short periods of time u will gt taned, if u sun bave for a long time ul get burnt, same goes for training, constant training will burn you out, could end up wiv a nervouse breakdown, in the end,

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait .. an ignorant and stubborn HIT'er? Omg is this the first?

Kid, you better show some more respect to the people here who have been training for more years than you've been alive. Instead of yelling at everyone because they don't support a "routine" like that maybe ask WHY everyone is so harsh about it? Hey -- there has to be a reason right? I mean, I know we all don't get out of the bed every morning and say "Ohhh, time to go punish HIT'ers today for no reason."
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by Khryz
    Wait .. an ignorant and stubborn HIT'er? Omg is this the first?

Kid, you better show some more respect to the people here who have been training for more years than you've been alive. Instead of yelling at everyone because they don't support a "routine" like that maybe ask WHY everyone is so harsh about it? Hey -- there has to be a reason right? I mean, I know we all don't get out of the bed every morning and say "Ohhh, time to go punish HIT'ers today for no reason."
    listen, igt pised of wen i hear remarks like 'dont they teach u 2 spell in london' im not bothered if no1 takes note of hit, i give my resons why i like it, then get told im wrong, i put my views acros, i dnt expect to get insulted for it! alot of people say u shouldnt train like that, i dont train like that, without a reson, if u can read my first thread, it says if any1 does hit please leave ur coments, & workout, i dnt expect 2 get told what im doing is wrong (without a expenation) when no1 pays att. to original thread, if u dnt do hd dnt leave u coments, as made clead in thread #1, then 4 u 2 say a igrant hit'er in the long run ur igrunt, 4 not reading the thread #1 if u want make ur own thread on volume training go 4 it!

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by reflexions
    Heres how my workout looks,

week 1

bench press 1x5-10
    dead lifts 1x5-10
    squat 1x5-10

week 2

Behind the neck presses 1x5-10
    close grip pulldowns 1x5-10
    incline hammer strength 1x5-10

i train once a week, for 15 minutes, doing 1 set to failure, then going past failure, by forced reps etc.

i know not many people are a fan of mike mentzers heavy duty programe. but if theres any1 out there that does follow heavy duty, if u could submit ur workout
    I've always been really interested in following a split like this that Mentzer brought up toward the end of his days. If you've been following this consistently, I would like to know what sort of progress you've made on it.

Now just a few suggestions on your workouts. I think I would avoid squating and deadlifting on the same day. If I did both to failure, my lower back would be dead. On that first day I might change the squat to a leg press of some sort. The other thing is that you have an incline hammer strength (like a bench press I assume) and a behind the neck press on the same day. Either one is going to targe your upper chest, shoulders, and triceps. They just vary on how much emphasis on the upper chest and shoulders. I would drop one and squat instead. You might also consider instead of benching doing parallel bar dips. Mike always considered them to be the upper-body squat.

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    got any pics reflexions?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wink Comes out of grave to read thread....

Re-kills self.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.