Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tall people and bodybuilding...

Ok in the gym the other day was in the squat rack, and this guy comes over, quite a tall guy and starts talking to me, like u do inbetween squats... neway he comes over and starts questioning me about my weight my lifts how long ive been training, this was all pretty normal until he pops out wiv ''if i was as short as you i wud be bigger'' i couldnt believe it when he said this, i felt like breaking that lankey **** down, obveousely in bodybuilding there is a place for compareing physiques, but i dont think there is a place 4 ppl that walk upto u in the gym and verbally attack your physique in such a way, so this is 4 all the newbs out there u dont have to be tall to be skinny, hight has nothing to do wiv how big u can get, how fast u can get there or nething the simple fact is neone can be skinny no matter how tall u r, and if u are really skinny then even if you are short its going to take a long time to fill out i was 5.8 at 9stone 3lbs when i started lifting now at 5.10 14stone 5lbs neway my point is there are different advantages sure when you are tall your limbs are longer giving the skinny effect but also your bones are much wider and heavier which makes u think u weigh more and have more muscle of sum1 shorter and of the same weight which you do not...the fact is you look skinnier than a short guy then obveousely you are....theres no two ways around it... so conclusion dont go around useing an excuse u have heared and dont understand to try and put ppl down...ok sorry rant over this guy just really pissed me off as he claimed his 1stone of muscle hes built took longer than my 5stone and really pissed me off.

I screw, I nut, I bolt UpandDownandround's Avatar
    UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500) UpandDownandround is not very helpful. (-500)
    Amen Brother!

Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eternal struggle
    Ok in the gym the other day was in the squat rack, and this guy comes over, quite a tall guy and starts talking to me, like u do inbetween squats... neway he comes over and starts questioning me about my weight my lifts how long ive been training, this was all pretty normal until he pops out wiv ''if i was as short as you i wud be bigger'' i couldnt believe it when he said this, i felt like breaking that lankey **** down, obveousely in bodybuilding there is a place for compareing physiques, but i dont think there is a place 4 ppl that walk upto u in the gym and verbally attack your physique in such a way, so this is 4 all the newbs out there u dont have to be tall to be skinny, hight has nothing to do wiv how big u can get, how fast u can get there or nething the simple fact is neone can be skinny no matter how tall u r, and if u are really skinny then even if you are short its going to take a long time to fill out i was 5.8 at 9stone 3lbs when i started lifting now at 5.10 14stone 5lbs neway my point is there are different advantages sure when you are tall your limbs are longer giving the skinny effect but also your bones are much wider and heavier which makes u think u weigh more and have more muscle of sum1 shorter and of the same weight which you do not...the fact is you look skinnier than a short guy then obveousely you are....theres no two ways around it... so conclusion dont go around useing an excuse u have heared and dont understand to try and put ppl down...ok sorry rant over this guy just really pissed me off as he claimed his 1stone of muscle hes built took longer than my 5stone and really pissed me off.
    Puncuation is key (. , ; ! "") all that helps in reading your paragraph, especially commas.

I'm 6'7" 225. There is no doubt about it, if I were your height, I would be a lot bigger than you. There is truth in what the man says, and I don't think he was verbally attacking you. That's my honest opinion. You took it as him saying if there was a way to bend the laws of nature that he would be bigger than you and that he's trying to put you down. No.

It all depends on how you take it.

I am skinny to people, or so they say. I have bigger arms then most of my friends, even at 15" lol. I am more muscular, and have been for all my life. It's genetics.

I believe in this post you have been a hypocrit in the fact that you say you have been "verbally assaulted" and you are now assaulting the tall people telling them what they are or aren't. You say that just because we are taller and look skinnier doesn't mean we have more muscle than you, that's a myth.

Your ranting turned into a flame fest for taller people, trying to defend yourself against someone who you supposed "verbally assaulted" you. You will never know what the truth is if he was as tall as you or not.

Get over it.

Nathan*1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nathan*1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    amen to that one
    So much food, So little Time!!

eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eternal struggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tiny J
    Puncuation is key (. , ; ! "") all that helps in reading your paragraph, especially commas.

I'm 6'7" 225. There is no doubt about it, if I were your height, I would be a lot bigger than you. There is truth in what the man says, and I don't think he was verbally attacking you. That's my honest opinion. You took it as him saying if there was a way to bend the laws of nature that he would be bigger than you and that he's trying to put you down. No.

I am skinny to people, or so they say. I have bigger arms then most of my friends, even at 15" lol. I am more muscular, and have been for all my life. It's genetics.

I believe in this post you have been a hypocrit in the fact that you say you have been "verbally assaulted" and you are now assaulting the tall people telling them what they are or aren't. You say that just because we are taller and look skinnier doesn't mean we have more muscle than you, that's a myth.

Your ranting turned into a flame fest for taller people, trying to defend yourself against someone who you supposed "verbally assaulted" you. You will never know what the truth is if he was as tall as you or not.

Get over it.
    ok for a start this isnt english class 101 if my lack of grammar offends you go read a dictionary or something, grammar has nothing to do with bodybuilding so if ur gonna reply please make it useful info which i doubt u have much of to offer... and no my point was a newb bodybuilder who has gained 1stone of muscle mass should not go upto a competetive bodybuilder who has gained 5 stone of muscle mass in 2.5 years and start makeing outrageouse claims that he would be bigger if he was a short guy when he has made such little progress and what progress has been made is newb gains rather than knowledge of diet or training techniques and also fool i DO know if he was my size and only gained 1 stone of muscle mass it would not compare to the gains i have made this is quite clear to neone...not quite sure why it isnt to you....maybe coz ur **** loads taller n weigh ****loads less than me? yeh sounds about right...

SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPIEKLOUD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Slap him in the mouth with ur di#$ while ur out-squatting him.

Hunting for moar fibras martydaman's Avatar
    martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000) martydaman is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok for a start this isnt english class 101 if my lack of grammar offends you go read a dictionary or something, grammar has nothing to do with bodybuilding so if ur gonna reply please make it useful info which i doubt u have much of to offer... and no my point was a newb bodybuilder who has gained 1stone of muscle mass should not go upto a competetive bodybuilder who has gained 5 stone of muscle mass in 2.5 years and start makeing outrageouse claims that he would be bigger if he was a short guy when he has made such little progress and what progress has been made is newb gains rather than knowledge of diet or training techniques and also fool i DO know if he was my size and only gained 1 stone of muscle mass it would not compare to the gains i have made this is quite clear to neone...not quite sure why it isnt to you....maybe coz ur **** loads taller n weigh ****loads less than me? yeh sounds about right...
    No, he's right. Its common courtesy dude. Your grammar is terrible, you want people to take you seriously here? Put in 2 minutes of effort before you click the button, not that hard.
    "A good thread is like a miniskirt. Short enough to keep you interested, and long enough to cover the entire subject"

Originally Posted by martydaman
    No, he's right. Its common courtesy dude. Your grammar is terrible, you want people to take you seriously here? Put in 2 minutes of effort before you click the button, not that hard.
    no dude like i said if u dont like the grammar dont bother posting we didnt all have the chance to finish school some of us had 2 leave and get a job to help support the household so plz if ne1 else that doesnt know a thing about me has nemore comments on my grammar plz feel free to stick it up your ass and spin as its falling on deaf ears... richkids dont know ****...

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Get over it.

it really just depends on how u look at it.. if u took a tall skinny guy and smashed all his mass and amount of muscle down to a shorter height, then yea he would look bigger at that shorter height, but if u took the same tall skinny guy and kept his same porportions and made him shorter, he would look just as skinny as before, except he would be shorter..

if u have 15 inch arms at 6' 7" u have pretty skinny arms porportionate to ur height.

Keeper of the Health FormReverend's Avatar
    FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So.....how much do I hate these threads?
    Stop worrying so much about overtraining. Worry about undereating and under-resting. If it works keep it up. If it doesn't, get rid of it. Compound lifts rule. So does unprocessed food.

With milk at $5 a gallon how do some of you afford so many useless supps?

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hendrix190
    it really just depends on how u look at it.. if u took a tall skinny guy and smashed all his mass and amount of muscle down to a shorter height, then yea he would look bigger at that shorter height, but if u took the same tall skinny guy and kept his same porportions and made him shorter, he would look just as skinny as before, except he would be shorter..

if u have 15 inch arms at 6' 7" u have pretty skinny arms porportionate to ur height.
    that is true. I'm 6'4'' with 15" arms and people call me skinny. To be 6'7'' with 15" arms...DAMN

Constantly Progressing... Steadfast50's Avatar
    Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000)

Yup, I got neg repped in another thread saying the exact same thing.

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The problem is surface area. It takes time for anybody to gain mass, and the problem arises for us tall guys (I'm 6'6" and 270lbs these days, btw) in "spreading that mass" across the body. 10 more lbs of mass on my frame doesn't change my propotions all that much, doesn't realy make me look all that bigger, but the fact remains that i'm 10 lbs heavier. 10 lbs on someone say 5'8" will show some differences. But it's gonna take us tall guys a little more time to look big like the short kids.

In the first couple years of bodybuilding, the tall guys will tend to appear skinnier than the short kids. say a tall guy and a short guy both gain 60 lbs over their first 2 years of bodybuilding, that 60 lbs goes a helova lot longer way on a short guy than a tall guy. And like I said before, it's surface area. The 60 lbs of mass will be forced to be sread across a greater distance on a tall guy.

But the tall guys can take a little comfort that a few years down the road when the short guys gains will be slowing just because his frame may not be able to handle more mass, the tall guy will still have plenty of room to fill. that and if a 6'6" and a 5'8" guy had the same proportions (not measurements), the tall guy would look WAY more impressive in person.

That's my 2 cents! I'm done typing for now, check out this thread cause it's on the same topic so there's some more stuff to read there.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=692458

PS. on the topic of grammar, it's common courtesy so that people don't have to read what you wrote multiple times to try to deside how you were trying to say what you were saying

richkids dont know ****...
    Atleast us "richkids" know how to make a point sound valid... Everyone other than you seems to know that when ever trying to make a point, writing it up well makes that much difference... Better luck next time
    "Bodybuilding is not a pastime, it's a way of life"

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no dude like i said if u dont like the grammar dont bother posting we didnt all have the chance to finish school some of us had 2 leave and get a job to help support the household so plz if ne1 else that doesnt know a thing about me has nemore comments on my grammar plz feel free to stick it up your ass and spin as its falling on deaf ears... richkids dont know ****...
    i stopped reading your first post at the second line because it was too damn confusing. use paragraphs and puntuation, and people might actually respect what you type.

this is the internet, so we dont know what you're like as a person, but when you type like you do, the first impression sure isnt a good one...
    siggy

Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shiboopi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Yeah I know I'm skinny, I said that in my post. But if you look at most tall guys, they are either skinny, or fat. I'm actually a lot more built then many tall people I've seen. I have a lot more muscle definition and actually LOOK muscular.

I understand what you're saying in your post but that wasn't the argument in the post. Of course if you take ANY skinny person then make him as short with the same proportions, he will be skinny. It's just like creating a mini-me. The argument at hand was that if you took the weight of a tall person and scrunched it down, that he would look bigger, which is true.

In order for me to get 18 inch arms or more and have a huge physique I would have to end up weighing over 300 pounds; which would put havoc on my feet and knees. I personally don't want to be more than 250 with a great physique because I'll end up hurting myself.

There are advantages and disadvantages to being short/tall.

No, this isn't english class. But again, your point is actually pretty vague in this post. Who honestly cares how long someone has been working out? If he would be bigger than you, THEN HE WOULD BE. What the hell does it matter? You're getting so worked up over something that will never happen. And if you think/know you're better than him, why the hell would you get yourself all worked up over it?

Are you saying if he gained 85lbs of muscle in 2.5 years than you would actually listen to his blabbering?

Stop being stupid and just do what you're doing. Next time somebody tells you that, say, "Well that doesn't matter because I'd still be able to lift more than you." If you can lift more than them from the start that is.

J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yo what is a "stone"?

Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, Tiny J. You're messing with the wrong Mofo here. He's a poor kid. He "knows ****." Besides, he's just way too bad of a mofo to worry about no grammar and punctuation & shizz NEWAYS. Aiiiiight?

Originally Posted by Welsh3243
    Dude, Tiny J. You're messing with the wrong Mofo here. He's a poor kid. He "knows ****." Besides, he's just way too bad of a mofo to worry about no grammer and punctuation & shizz NEWAYS. Aiiiiight?
    Uh oh, is he going to get GANGSTER on me? (says like a white preppy)

Originally Posted by J Pistons 06
    yo what is a "stone"?
    "Stone" is a measurement in england or something in Europe. 1 stone = 17.01 pounds.

Personally I don't see how you can put on 85 lbs of muscle in 2.5 years. That's like 35 lbs a year. No way unless roids lol.

Xandrite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by J Pistons 06
    yo what is a "stone"?
    a stone = 14 pounds

Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Welsh3243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh oh, is he going to get GANGSTER on me? (says like a white preppy)
    haha lol. yeah, you know when he finds time, after supporting his family that is. I mean, ****. *****s got to do.....however that one goes.

Originally Posted by Xandrite
    a stone = 14 pounds
    hmm, i went on an online conversion chart and it said 17.01. Oh well, I'm off I guess if you're right.

MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattLAX0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    like posted above, the taller guy has a disadvantage. if you both start working out and gain 20 pounds of muscle, on someone 5'8 it is alot more noticeable than on a 6'8 person. also you have prolly heard and disagread that the taller you are the more work you have to do to lift a weight. well actaully that is true its a simple physics equation.

work=force x distance. so say benching 100 pounds

work=100 x distance, and on a shorter guy the distance would be less compared to a taller guy, thus the tall guy would be doing more work. notice how you never see 7 foot tall power lifters

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MattLAX0473
    like posted above, the taller guy has a disadvantage. if you both start working out and gain 20 pounds of muscle, on someone 5'8 it is alot more noticeable than on a 6'8 person. also you have prolly heard and disagread that the taller you are the more work you have to do to lift a weight. well actaully that is true its a simple physics equation.

work=force x distance. so say benching 100 pounds

work=100 x distance, and on a shorter guy the distance would be less compared to a taller guy, thus the tall guy would be doing more work. notice how you never see 7 foot tall power lifters
    While true, the torque on a muscle is a greater factor than the additional range of motion required to lift weights that comes with being tall. For instance, someone with a forearm that is 10 inches from elbow to the hand versus someone that has 12.5 inches from the elbow to the hand is at a huge disadvantage strength-wise as torque = Force * distance from the fulcrum. 20 kg weight you are trying to curl would be 20% harder for the longer forearm guy.
    Last edited by braindx; 02-05-2006 at 02:51 PM.

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I know I'm skinny, I said that in my post. But if you look at most tall guys, they are either skinny, or fat. I'm actually a lot more built then many tall people I've seen. I have a lot more muscle definition and actually LOOK muscular.

I understand what you're saying in your post but that wasn't the argument in the post. Of course if you take ANY skinny person then make him as short with the same proportions, he will be skinny. It's just like creating a mini-me. The argument at hand was that if you took the weight of a tall person and scrunched it down, that he would look bigger, which is true.

In order for me to get 18 inch arms or more and have a huge physique I would have to end up weighing over 300 pounds; which would put havoc on my feet and knees. I personally don't want to be more than 250 with a great physique because I'll end up hurting myself.

There are advantages and disadvantages to being short/tall.
    this isnt directed at u, but im just tired of hearing tall people complaining about how its so much harder for them to get big...and "he just looks huge cause hes short, if i was his height i would be a monster" kinda bull****, like seriously who gives a ****, if its harder for tall guys to get big, so what, just keep lifting and ull make gains and eventaully get bigger. u have to work with what u have, and complaining about it isnt gonna make any difference.. but once u do get big, ull look alot more impressive than the short guys.. and no this isnt a biest statement, cause im 5'9" , so im not really tall or short, but average.

this isnt directed at u, but im just tired of hearing tall people complaining about how its so much harder for them to get big...and "he just looks huge cause hes short, if i was his height i would be a monster" kinda bull****, like seriously who gives a ****, if its harder for tall guys to get big, so what, just keep lifting and ull make gains and eventaully get bigger. u have to work with what u have, and complaining about it isnt gonna make any difference.. but once u do get big, ull look alot more impressive than the short guys.. and no this isnt a biest statement, cause im 5'9" , so im not really tall or short, but average.
    I wasn't complaining lol...

hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    heres the first post redone with paragraphs, because hes a ****ing idiot and a waste of life:

Ok in the gym the other day was in the squat rack, and this guy comes over, quite a tall guy and starts talking to me, like u do inbetween squats...

neway he comes over and starts questioning me about my weight my lifts how long ive been training, this was all pretty normal until he pops out wiv ''if i was as short as you i wud be bigger''

i couldnt believe it when he said this, i felt like breaking that lankey **** down, obveousely in bodybuilding there is a place for compareing physiques, but i dont think there is a place 4 ppl that walk upto u in the gym and verbally attack your physique in such a way, so this is 4 all the newbs out there u dont have to be tall to be skinny, hight has nothing to do wiv how big u can get, how fast u can get there or nething the simple fact is neone can be skinny no matter how tall u r,

and if u are really skinny then even if you are short its going to take a long time to fill out i was 5.8 at 9stone 3lbs when i started lifting now at 5.10 14stone 5lbs neway my point is there are different advantages sure when you are tall your limbs are longer giving the skinny effect but also your bones are much wider and heavier which makes u think u weigh more and have more muscle of sum1 shorter and of the same weight which you do not...

the fact is you look skinnier than a short guy then obveousely you are....theres no two ways around it... so conclusion dont go around useing an excuse u have heared and dont understand to try and put ppl down...ok sorry rant over this guy just really pissed me off as he claimed his 1stone of muscle hes built took longer than my 5stone and really pissed me off.

**** it, thats the worst post i have ever seen on this website. negs for being the biggest waste of life on bb.com.

I wasn't complaining lol...
    i wasnt talking about u, the first thing i wrote was "this isnt directed at u". do u see?

JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm 6'7" 225. There is no doubt about it, if I were your height, I would be a lot bigger than you.
    Yeah, you would be bigger than him, and they guy he talked to in the gym would be bigger as well, but the guy in the gym who said ''if i was as short as you i wud be bigger'' did not compare himself MASS wise to "eternal struggle". He compared his height to "eternal" but he did not say if he was as short as "eternal" that he would be bigger than "eternal". In your quote you said you would be BIGGER than him, but the original post was only saying if he were shorter he would be bigger than his own current size (which is wrong, simply because he would still weigh the same, he just be shorter).

Anyway, to me it sounds like that guy is implying that shorter people have an easier time gaining mass, which I really don't think is true.