Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Pull-ups or Rows???

What do you guys think is better for the lats? Pull-ups or rows? I personally think pull-ups. I would just like to see other people's opinions.

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both. I do some pullups then 4 different kinds of rows: BB, DB, Cable, T-bar.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also agree. Do both
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All I do is pull-ups, chins and bent-over BB rows.

Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually that is not a fair question. i mean they both target your lats differently. pullups hit them so that they will get wider. and rows hit them so that they get thicker. so inorder to ask witch is better depends whether you are trying to get them thicker or wider.
    "To be the physically elite, you need to be physically complete."
    1 month's membership to a gym:$50
    month's supply of creatine:$29.99
    an issue of Muscle and Fitness:$5.99
    nike workout gloves:$19.99
    posing in the mirror with great satisfaction:Priceless

Lifting ain't nothing till you've held a girl over your head with one hand

"Compliments kill a bodybuilber, crticism builds one"

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chisle
    actually that is not a fair question. i mean they both target your lats differently. pullups hit them so that they will get wider. and rows hit them so that they get thicker. so inorder to ask witch is better depends whether you are trying to get them thicker or wider.
    Read this post by ja2001x on the first page of this topic.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=69218

shaun_bayarea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    about the making lats wider or thicker it's all bull***t....i've stopped even trying to make my point about it it's sorta like the whole "working the inner vs. the outer chest" thing....in order to make them wider they need to get bigger as a whole...your not gonna get them wider without making them thicker too..just go hard and heavy and switch up your exercises and you'll grow...some exercises hit the muscle more than others which i'm sure you can feel so whichever one you feel more, thats the one thats gonna make you grow..

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by shaun_bayarea
    about the making lats wider or thicker it's all bull***t....i've stopped even trying to make my point about it it's sorta like the whole "working the inner vs. the outer chest" thing....in order to make them wider they need to get bigger as a whole...your not gonna get them wider without making them thicker too..just go hard and heavy and switch up your exercises and you'll grow...some exercises hit the muscle more than others which i'm sure you can feel so whichever one you feel more, thats the one thats gonna make you grow..
    BUMP. When a muscle contracts, it grows. There's no way to make it contract outwards or lengthwise. Also akin to the "get a peak on your biceps with this exercise" bs that people throw around.

If your lats are getting wider, they're getting thicker. Period.

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mad, angry, retarded BUMP.

You cannot coax your lats into growing wider. Make them BIGGER, and they will become wider and thicker.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This has been bumped twice and im going to hit it again.

BuMP!!!!!!!

Okay now that thats done To the question, I think chins are a better overall excersize over rows but I think both are great for lat developement. I didnt see great gains until I started doing bent rows. All around id say that if you had to choose one, go with chins.

DB and Bent Rows rock though if you work with perfect form