Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/129/

WHAM BAM SLAMMO!

There's a recipe for bran bread that doesn't actually use flour (the only one I could find). Just don't add the molasses and sugar, and maybe cream instead of sour milk, and use corn bran instead of all-bran and you should end up with a virtually carb-free bread.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, there is 1.5 cups of flour in that recipe, plus a lot of sugar that would have to be replaced with something. You can't really replace sour or buttermilk with cream, it's needed to make the bread rise.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.jennygibson.com/freebie.html

This is a recipe for bran crispbread. I'd say if you used just bran instead of flour, omitted the sugar and used cream instead of the milk, it should work. If you try it, let us know if it works.

kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alright...now we are getting somewhere. I will do it this weekend...see if it works. I will keep you all posted...if someone does it before me please let us know how it went.

I made two batches, using wheat bran (I couldn't find corn) and cream instead of the milk. The results are edible, but not very exciting. The ones that I baked as individual little round biscuits turned out slightly better than the ones done as a flat sheet. You'd definitely get your fibre, but I'm not sure they are worth it. I doubt I'll get my husband to eat any.

kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kik0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen
    I made two batches, using wheat bran (I couldn't find corn) and cream instead of the milk. The results are edible, but not very exciting. The ones that I baked as individual little round biscuits turned out slightly better than the ones done as a flat sheet. You'd definitely get your fibre, but I'm not sure they are worth it. I doubt I'll get my husband to eat any.
    I dont realy care how it tastes because you dont need much to get your daily fiber thats why I was wondering if you get the powder form of Corn Bran mixed with water can you just drink it.

What is the NET CARB count in your experiment?
    Last edited by kik0; 02-08-2006 at 11:21 AM.

I calculated 4.4g protein, 9.2g fat, 0.5g carbs, 96 calories per quarter batch. I got my husband to taste them. He took two mouthfuls of each batch and said they were ok, but I could eat them all myself.

You know, boiling up some vegetables for soup and thowning in a half a cup of bran would get you the fibre with a lot less hassle.

I calculated 4.4g protein, 9.2g fat, 0.5g carbs, 96 calories per quarter batch. I got my husband to taste them. He took two mouthfuls of each batch and said they were ok, but I could eat them all myself.

You know, boiling up some vegetables for soup and thowning in a half a cup of bran would get you the fibre with a lot less hassle.
    I agree...however soup is not as portable as dry-ground-wheat/corn bran that you can put in a zip-lock and take with you. All you have to do is mix it with your shake or water and, voila!

Sure, it tastes better in the soup and I may just do that and keep it in the fridge for home use.

But do you think Corn/Wheat Bran is ok (digestion wise) with water no cooking, just straight up?

How much fiber per 1/4 batch?

Not unless you want your bowels backed up. You need to drink a bucketload of water if you are eating bran.

I made it about 10g of fibre per quarter batch, using wheat bran.

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually, there is 1.5 cups of flour in that recipe, plus a lot of sugar that would have to be replaced with something. You can't really replace sour or buttermilk with cream, it's needed to make the bread rise.

How on earth did I miss the flour? Strange. Since the bread idea wasn't exactly anything we'll be seeing on the food channel, I need to get some o' this stuff and experiment and see what else it can be used for. Did it taste anything like corn? Corn's actually my favorite vegetable.

http://c-k-d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5039

This is not my recipe, but I tried it last night, and it's very good. Much tastier than the bran buns.

Also, if you google "bran crispbread" you'll find pages and pages of references to GG Scandanavian bran crispbread, which have more fibre than carbs. Could be worth trying.