roadracer247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roadracer247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roadracer247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roadracer247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Future Firefighter...How is my routine? Need advice

So here it is...
    Bulking up isn't my only goal. I'm training to become a firefighter while I'm in school so keeping up my endurance is important. I don't want to just be huge and bulky because I still need to be able to run a decent mile time. But I'm 175 and 6'3" right now. Im in great shape with very lil fat. I figure 200 pounds would be about right for me. Right now I'm on Whey protein, a muti vitamin, and soon to be a GB/WB stack. So I think I got the supplements covered. I have changed my eating habits to healthy food only. (fastfood once a week only) I have two eggs for breakfast and a two scoops of whey protein in a shake. Along with a big glass of 2% milk and another big glass of water. I bring a one liter bottle of water around with me. I probably go through (have to refill) 2-3 times in a day. After I workout around 11am I eat a tuna sandwich (12inch from subway) along with about another liter of water. And maybe a shake from jamba juice if it sounds good. Then when I get home around 4-5 I make another sandwich (sometimes chicken sometimes roast beef sometimes ham) along with a glass of milk. But I still am eating burgers (home cooked no fastfood type crap) I probably drink half a gallon of milk a day. Dinner seems to change a lot. Could be burgers one night, chicken another, and pasta another night. But I have a full meal each night. So what more could I do that's within reason. Any ideas? Right now I'm on a three day a week workout routine (tues, thurs, sat) I might change that but my EMT class involves a lot of study time (along with my 4 other classes) so I don't know if I could work out five days a week. BTW my time frame on my goal is over a year away so I think I have time on my side. Do you think my overall routine is good? Any and all helpful opinions are wanted!

Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No real advice to give, but good luck man, I'm on the same boat. Taking EMT classes this coming semester actually.

Clean up your diet though, especially PWO, a tuna sandwhich isn't enough. Just read up on nutrition, check out the nutrition form, and clean up your eating a bit, this will only help.

Best of luck.

Don't be weak.

"I like swiss cheese. It's the only cheese you can draw with a pencil and identify. You can draw American cheese, but someone will think it's cheddar. Swiss cheese is the only cheese you can bite and miss. "Hey Mitch - does that sandwich have cheese on it?" "Every now and then!" I got some swiss air on that bite." -Mitch Hedberg

FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankMcKeever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying to get stronger and bigger so I can do volunteer firefighting this summer man...

Best of luck to the both of us!
    Dec 1st 05: 120 lbs.
    Jan 1st 06: 130 lbs.
    Feb 1st 06: 137 lbs.
    Mar 10th 06: 142 lbs.

GOAL: 170 lbs.

Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh and personally, I'd opt for skim milk unless it's pre-sleep meal which 2% would be good for it's delayed digestion.

Don't be weak.

"I like swiss cheese. It's the only cheese you can draw with a pencil and identify. You can draw American cheese, but someone will think it's cheddar. Swiss cheese is the only cheese you can bite and miss. "Hey Mitch - does that sandwich have cheese on it?" "Every now and then!" I got some swiss air on that bite." -Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by FrankMcKeever
    I'm trying to get stronger and bigger so I can do volunteer firefighting this summer man...

Best of luck to the both of us!
    I'm hoping that once I turn 21 I'll land a cadet position for a nearby department (as of now, 21 is the min. age requirement). And get to an academy within the next two years, and continue to take classes in hopes of getting a fire tech degree (if I haven't reached the ultimate goal by then). Competition (and hell, the number of applicants) is stiff though, especially in my area (as I imagine it is in yours), so best of luck man. Keep your head up.
    Last edited by Biff_McFresh; 02-03-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Don't be weak.

supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersayin3544 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've been a vol. firefighter for alomst 3 years its some of the most rewarding stuff you can do to help out your communtiy, i'd reccomend a stong back for the SCBA tanks, you dont want to get overly huge incase you have to breech a wall also dont want to weigh alot bc if you go down someones gotta be able to carry you out
    "what we do in life echoes in eternity"
    -Gladiator

I would eat the cat SquirrelMonkey's Avatar
    SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000) SquirrelMonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    You better add some hip thrusts for all the @ss you will be getting.......Chicks dig firefighters. lucky sons of biaches
    Cardio is for girls and people named Lawrence.