DeeFromToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

KFC No Skin For protein?

hey guys im new to this forum and im very keen on trimming myself down.

im 17 yr old male Srilankan
    5"9
    211pounds
    im trying to reach 185 by june

my question is that currently i have good diet and exercise routine
    but i wondering if i can use KFC chicken with no skin on it anywhere as a good protein source for when i cant get my hands on something healthier.
    before i eat im gonna squeeze the hell out of the meat with paper tower to get any oils out and then im gonna eat the chicken with no ketchup or dressings. so is this ok or just stay the hell away from it.

chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DeeFromToronto
    hey guys im new to this forum and im very keen on trimming myself down.

im 17 yr old male Srilankan
    5"9
    211pounds
    im trying to reach 185 by june

my question is that currently i have good diet and exercise routine
    but i wondering if i can use KFC chicken with no skin on it anywhere as a good protein source for when i cant get my hands on something healthier.
    before i eat im gonna squeeze the hell out of the meat with paper tower to get any oils out and then im gonna eat the chicken with no ketchup or dressings. so is this ok or just stay the hell away from it.
    short answer: stay the hell away from it. If you can't get any sort of protein take a shake or make your own protein bars, whey isnt' recommended on it's own but it's a heck of a lot better than kfc chicken...
    The body can achieve what the mind can conceive

Great Diet + Plenty of Exercise + Plenty of Rest = Results

Outsider4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea even without the skin, and if you squeeze and rub it the fat content of a thigh would still be ridiculous. A normal thigh has 50 grams of fat which is crazy. I do however love chicken and i love KFC heaps, its an achillies heal of mine.

manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50) manbeef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chicken is chicken.

On KFC's website a skinless/breadless chicken is:

140 cals
    3 grams fat
    29 grams protein

Nothing bad about that.

DeeFromToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *sigh*
    i just go home and eat a can of tuna and banana and go to sleep...o well it'll be worth it come june.

d1353l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d1353l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by manbeef
    Chicken is chicken.

On KFC's website a skinless/breadless chicken is:

140 cals
    3 grams fat
    29 grams protein

Nothing bad about that.

isnt there chicken chemically altered?

JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by d1353l
    isnt there chicken chemically altered?

KFC buys their chicken from chicken farms, their chicken is no different than anywhere else except the way it's prepaired.

blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blitzdarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's fine in moderation as long as it fits within your total calories.

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stay away from KFC ! even skin off

they pressure cooker the chicken in oil !

Get raw chicken breasts and cook them yourself

shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ....nothing wrong with it? Sure, it's fine protein, but just look at the texture. The taste can tell you that it's has many additives. It's not the worse thing you can eat, but it's far from acceptable if you're talking clean. And to the gentlemen who said that they buy their chickens from farms, so there's no difference with other chicken besides the way it is prepared... ummm... duh? That's the whole point to why it isn't good for you.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Do it.

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DeeFromToronto
    *sigh*
    i just go home and eat a can of tuna and banana and go to sleep...o well it'll be worth it come june.
    So I'm sitting here eating my can of tuna with 1 tbsp bbq sauce and think.. who on earth eats Tuna and a banana. And now I want a banana... haha.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NO KFC NO KFC NO KFC! Soooooooooooooo much fat even without the skin. For the 5 bucks you're gonna spend on a breast from there go to the grocery store and buy a couple pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breat and cook it up. Try it with salsa, hot sauce, bbq sauce, or mrs. Dash.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think for right now, you need to be a strict and clean as possible. Stay away from all fast food.

Losing the weight you want isn't going to be hard, I would just error on the side of caution. If you want to use it once a week, for one meal, that wouldn't be bad... just not 4-5 times a week.

Either way you look at it, it's still protein. Yes, it's high in fat, but once a week isn't going to kill him.

Pirate of the Carolinas satman1321's Avatar
    satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satman1321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Grease, grease, and more grease. Go buy some chicken breasts from the grocery store and cook them.....you will thank us later, .

Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mythos219 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Outsider4life
    yea even without the skin, and if you squeeze and rub it the fat content of a thigh would still be ridiculous. A normal thigh has 50 grams of fat which is crazy. I do however love chicken and i love KFC heaps, its an achillies heal of mine.
    I find it hard to believe a normal skinless chicken thigh has 50g of fat in it. Do you have a source for that claim? I know thigh meat has a higher fat content than breast meat, but 50g sounds ridiculous to me.

Yeah, stay away from fried chicken, even if you take away the skin - the deep frying technique forces the oil to penetrate the meat.
    "In The Dark Knight, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker." - July 18, 2008

alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alblocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah just buy the skinless chicken breasts from the market, i cook 2 14oz pieces a day, just throw some mrs darsh, a little garlic salt, and a lot of lemon on it and cut it into pieces and just mash some in a little lunch pale with an ice pack in it and your good to go, delicious cold or warm

chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mythos219
    I find it hard to believe a normal skinless chicken thigh has 50g of fat in it. Do you have a source for that claim? I know thigh meat has a higher fat content than breast meat, but 50g sounds ridiculous to me.

Yeah, stay away from fried chicken, even if you take away the skin - the deep frying technique forces the oil to penetrate the meat.
    a thigh from KFC has 25g of fat, with the skin. They don't sell them skinless, but based on the data for the skinless breast, their skinless thighs probably have 9-10g of fat.

That being said, i don't see any problem with an occasional KFC skinless breast. It's higher in sodium than your average piece of fresh chicken, but it's still high in protein with low fat and 0 carbs.

P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's a breast from KFC w/ no skin & no breading.

http://shapefit.com/kfc-calories.html
    KFC
    Original Recipe Breast w/No Skin or Breading©

Serving Size: 108g
    Calories: 140
    Calories from Fat: 25
    Total Fat: 3 grams
    Saturated Fat: 1 grams
    Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
    Sodium: 410 milligrams
    Carbohydrates: 0 grams
    Fiber: 0 grams
    Sugars: 0 grams
    Protein: 29 grams

I see nothing wrong there and would definitely consider it if I was on the go.