snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Maximum frequency to work out biceps?

I have heard/read mixed things about how often you should work a muscle group. From what I can tell, the majority of advice is to allow 48 hours minimum before working out the same muscles. Some even say once a week should be the max if you are lifting really heavy.

Bottom line, I want to really work on my biceps. I currently have a 5 day split where I do as follows:
    Day 1 ? chest
    Day 2 ? legs
    Day 3 ? back
    Day 4 ? shoulders & abs
    Day 5 - arms (biceps & triceps)

So, I am hitting my biceps on day 5 directly, and only indirectly when I do back on day 3.

I recently read an article that said if you have an undeveloped area that you should attack it with high frequency, high volume and high intensity & that you can train that area 3-4 days per week! That frequency surprised me. I normally would have ignored it as going against most of what I had heard. However, the source really made me decide to post this question to you experienced bodybuilders. The source was ?Ask Arnold? by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Muscle & Fitness - January 2008 (pg 234). This particular advice was using the example of having small calves as the weakness, so perhaps that may change the opinion since I am looking to increase biceps?

Thoughts/ideas on how I can increase my frequency to add mass to my biceps?

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Work the hell out of your back, and the biceps will take care of themselves.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    I have heard/read mixed things about how often you should work a muscle group. From what I can tell, the majority of advice is to allow 48 hours minimum before working out the same muscles. Some even say once a week should be the max if you are lifting really heavy.

Bottom line, I want to really work on my biceps. I currently have a 5 day split where I do as follows:
    Day 1 ? chest
    Day 2 ? legs
    Day 3 ? back
    Day 4 ? shoulders & abs

So, I am hitting my biceps on day 5 directly, and only indirectly when I do back on day 3.

I recently read an article that said if you have an undeveloped area that you should attack it with high frequency, high volume and high intensity & that you can train that area 3-4 days per week! That frequency surprised me. I normally would have ignored it as going against most of what I had heard. However, the source really made me decide to post this question to you experienced bodybuilders. The source was ?Ask Arnold? by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Muscle & Fitness - January 2008 (pg 234). This particular advice was using the example of having small calves as the weakness, so perhaps that may change the opinion since I am looking to increase biceps?

Add mass to your body and you will have mass on your biceps
    On the list for Bannukah

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i agree with the big guys. you will not put mass on your arms without mass everywhere. i read recently that bicep size goes up incrementally with every 15 pounds of lean body muscle. without that 15 pounds, no increment increase.

that being said, the bigger the muscle, the less frequency. smaller muscle, greater frequency. hit your arms on back day, and maybe on another day. 2x per week.

instead of changing frequency, why not change your exercises? maybe incline curls if you have never done them?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks guys. I guess I will focus on the compound movements to add mass all over, and maybe throw in a couple of extra bicep exercises and/or mix up the current exercises that I use. I was just really surprised when I read Arnold's comment about 3-4 days per week.

Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mountain_Goat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks guys. I guess I will focus on the compound movements to add mass all over, and maybe throw in a couple of extra bicep exercises and/or mix up the current exercises that I use. I was just really surprised when I read Arnold's comment about 3-4 days per week.
    Yeah just keep plugging along with the schedule you already have. Deadlifts etc will certainly help with arm thickness. I think what you read is accurate for a competitive bodybuilder or someone who already has some size but wants to make small improvements in one area. What exactly does your routine look like for exercises, reps, sets?
    My OV35 workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128303161

Jeep Rubicon=Hummer Recovery Vehicle

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can do that when you use the S vitamin
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I must be the weirdo exception, I work the $h*T out of my back, and my biceps and tris both are a major disappointment...which kicks my a$$ cause my back, and chest are coming along nicely,,,,damn genetics...
    Just one more rep....push push...

For there are those that will stand on a line, without question without fear, so many more can live in peace.

Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I noticed when I added thickness to my overall body structure by doing heavy compound exercises, my arms and calves started to grow. Also, bring up the intensity in your workouts. If you're at rep 12 and still have enough energy to pull out 3 more reps, go for it. I always remind myself to stay out of the " confort zone " and go beyond it when im going through my reps/sets. Work hard and you'll see results.
    " Strive for the impossible to be the possible. " - Roger Serafin

" Using no way as way " & " Having no limitation as limitation " - Bruce Lee

The World is Watching. Stay Strong.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Work the hell out of your back, and the biceps will take care of themselves.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Add mass to your body and you will have mass on your biceps

PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Vince Gironda used to advocate working arms 3 days in a row

for specialization. Just cut back on other body parts...work 3 days and one day off and repeat... do it twice go back to a regular workout and then repeat when ready. A lot of growth is due to satellite cell growth in muscles and this overwork stimulates that. Its not for a prolonged period but specialization only.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I am a firm believer in letting a muscle repair b4 hitting it again for strength and or size. I say hitting a muscle three times in one week would hinder any gains. Hitting a muscle twice a week might be ok as long as you get 4-5 days rest.
    Just my .02
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClarkDark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sometimes I'll hit biceps directly twice in a week...

...just to shock the muscle. However, as has been said, if you really work hard doing back training from a variety of angles, hitting biceps directly, with high intensity, once a week (I usually do them with either chest or shoulders or triceps) is enough. Hitting them directly more than twice a week is counterproductive, in my opinion.
    Your true age is not a function of how long you've lived, but how you've lived.

ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) ServoScanMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I currently do only one bicep exercise per week. Its a standing DB bicep curl to Arnold press. I feel with the other compond exercises I do, my biceps get enough of a workout.
    47yr male, 5'11", 235lbs, BF who knows? (Oct 05)
    48yr male, 5'11", 200lbs, 15.2% BF (Nov 06)
    48yr male, 5'11", 200lbs, 15.2% BF (May 07)
    49yr male, 5'11", 200lbs, 14.5% BF (Aug 07)
    49yr male, 5'11", 200lbs, 13.5% BF (Jan 08)
    50yr male, 5'11", 200lbs, 13.5% BF (Jul 08)

....and the height chart says I'm fat...ugh!
    Oh well, I gotta one pack ab.

Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never more than 1X per week...usually done with back/lats.
    A coward dies many deaths, a Soldier dies one.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have to commit to a good amount of time experimenting, to see what work for you, because no two people are alike. Some here may grow Biceps indirectly by working Back and some here prefer to also implement isolation exercises (curls, etc.). I would suggest spending 6 months of each way to see how your body responds.

I do isolation exercises, but I keep them to a minimum of maybe 5 total sets, 3 of which are some form of Curls with supinated wrists and 2 of which are Hammer Curls. 4 total sets might be better for me. A lot of people over-work their Biceps after Back and they defeat the purpose.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

qpanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work biceps every other day. From what I understand the key to having big biceps which is what eveyone wants is to have blood pumping through them all the time. The one day of rest gives them time to recover and still have blood in them. I also use a weight a can get 12 reps with, again its all about the blood pump which is what will make them look big. I usually use the barbell or Dumbbells. I switch it every week then I use the preacher and do 12 reps on that too. The preacher is good because it isolates the biceps, if you don't feel them burnt to the point you just want to stop then your not doing it right. I have told 3-4 people to try this out and it has worked great for then and im sure it will work great for anyone.

chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chicagoMD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    You have to commit to a good amount of time experimenting, to see what work for you, because no two people are alike. Some here may grow Biceps indirectly by working Back and some here prefer to also implement isolation exercises (curls, etc.). I would suggest spending 6 months of each way to see how your body responds.

I do isolation exercises, but I keep them to a minimum of maybe 5 total sets, 3 of which are some form of Curls with supinated wrists and 2 of which are Hammer Curls. 4 total sets might be better for me. A lot of people over-work their Biceps after Back and they defeat the purpose.
    This is the best comment I have read. Everyone is different. I used to hit arms with compound exercises, high intensity, heavy weight, 8 reps and didn't really get good results. It's partly genetics and partly because I really wasn't getting good pumps. I experimented with different things, tried Stoppani's arm program and had good results. This is what works best for me. I train arms twice a week. One day I train arms all by themselves. Nothing but triceps and biceps. I start with a compound exercise, heavy weight and 8-10 reps, after that I move to a more isolating exercise, higher reps, shorter rest. Then to an even more isolating exercise, even highers reps like 15-20 and even shorter rest period and finally finish with an FST-7 exercise. It takes under an hour to finish 8 exercises, 4 for triceps and 4 for biceps and my arms are done!! The second time around I do triceps with chest and biceps with back or shoulders. This time I only do 2 exercises and go for light controlled reps for 15-20 reps and squeeze and hold with each rep, like isolation curls with one arm cables. I try to keep it at about 15 mins or less. The arms burn like hell and the pumps are incredible. Training arms 3 times/week is fine for a very short period of time like 4 week bursts maybe twice a year. More than that and you risk injury and over training in my opinion. But I can't stress enough that there is no magic formula for arm training. You need to experiment and find out what works best for you!
    My PRs:

Kids x 2
    Wife x 1
    Bench Press 315x1
    Squats 405 x 1
    Deadlift 455 x 1

gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000)

Day 1 ? chest
    Day 2 ? legs
    Day 3 ? back
    Day 4 ? shoulders & abs

Besides the arm day, I would add in tri's on chest day and bi's on back day to really give them some extra work.
    *Team All American EFX Sports.
    *Registered Nurse/Trauma Certified.
    *NPC National Men's Physique Competitor, Top 10 Jr. USA's 2015.

Web: http://www.aaefx.com/
    ********:  http://www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @efxsports 

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
    All American EFX Sports as they are my own*

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't get jack on my limbs from compounds.

Experiment, and find what works for you.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    I didn't get jack on my limbs from compounds.

Experiment, and find what works for you.

Me either, maybe im too good at training my back when I train my back? IDK chin ups seem to be the exception to this.

OP hows your results 7 years later?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best results I ever got working arms was 2 times per week and using Bicep/Triceps super sets. 3 Exercises for each doing 3 - 4 sets 8- 10 reps.....YMMV
    Last edited by RT1957; 04-12-2015 at 08:05 AM.
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ClarkDark View Post
    ...just to shock the muscle. However, as has been said, if you really work hard doing back training from a variety of angles, hitting biceps directly, with high intensity, once a week (I usually do them with either chest or shoulders or triceps) is enough. Hitting them directly more than twice a week is counterproductive, in my opinion.
    +1

Doing MORE bicep work MORE often is NOT going to make them big
    It will open you to injury

Lift HARD & with INTENSITY and you'll need at least 4-5 days before you hit it again

By the way do you ONLY want bigger biceps or bigger arms?

2/3 is the tricep - work them a more then the bicep for a large ARM
    BP Max: 350
    (315x4, 275x8, 11x250)

51 yrs - 6' 1" - 228

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In a natural athlete muscle protein synthesis lasts somewhere around 24 to 48 hours. In other words after 48 hours all the growing you're gonna do is done regardless of DOMS. Something to consider when planning out your split or full body routine and scheduling your workouts for your week.

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cutting fat is the best way to make your biceps and triceps look bigger.

Lean = more definition / more muscle separation. Get lean first and worry about building bigger biceps AFTER you can actually see them.

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "high frequency, high volume and high intensity"

This is not good advice. You can do 1, maybe 2 of these, but not all 3 at one time. Charles Poloquin wrote one of the best arm workout articles I've ever seen. It was all about supersetting 2 exercises through 2 points of flexion.

Biceps: CG Pull Ups (Focus needs to be on biceps)/SS with Incline DB Curls - 5 sets 6-8 reps. Makes perfect sense. Your best bet is to train the hell out of your back and hit biceps along with back and then on another day train them with another body part. Hitting them 3-4 times per week with high volume is going to be overkill and a waste of your time.
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, post up them guns. 7 years has passed. If you took all the great advice in here, you should have to have a permit for those cannons by now.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do arms on their own day and then incorporate resistance band training to mix it up.
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have 15" arms so nobody wants any advice from me
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    I have 15" arms so nobody wants any advice from me

I have this problem as well.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl