Registered User odetothefireman's Avatar
    odetothefireman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

getting abs but not losing any weight!!!

for the last month I have been trying to lean out. I intake about 1800 cal. cleanly i work out and run at least 5 days a week. but only really lost about 5 llbs. over the course of 4 weeks. What gives? I do an intense circut training 4 days a week, and run about 4 of these days as well at least 30 min. am i on the right track or is something off. any suggestions will be appreciated.
    ht: 5'11"
    wt: starting @ 193
    wt: now @ 188
    unknown on body fat but i see some outline of abs.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At your activity level, your calories seem a bit low. But a little over a pound o week is a good rate, so maybe your metabolism is just that low already. If you hit a wall, I wouldn't reduce calories at all.

5 pounds is a significant decrease. If it was all fat, you are talking about a 2-3% reduction in bodyfat.

SigEp2001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i would judge by how you look rather than the scale. If you feel you look the same as 4 weeks ago maybe you should tweak your program...you could bump your calories up to around 2200 or so. Try and take pictures to judge your progress.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How has your sodium/water intake been? At your height/body weight, you might have some decent mass to start seeing that outline. I started seeing my outline at 194.

hiloracerboy84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont be discouraged, just because youre losing weight doesnt mean youre not progressing. you could have lost some fat while building muscle at the same time. lean mass is the key here. someone could go on a "diet" and end up heavier than when they started, and look fantastic by gaining more muscle that fat lost

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hiloracerboy84
    dont be discouraged, just because youre losing weight doesnt mean youre not progressing. you could have lost some fat while building muscle at the same time. lean mass is the key here. someone could go on a "diet" and end up heavier than when they started, and look fantastic by gaining more muscle that fat lost
    i agree, someone else said that too.
    right now, ive only lost 2 lbs this month, but lost a full size. i originally wanted to get to 120, but not even sure i need to .
    just go by how you look and feel.

Registered User odetothefireman's Avatar
    odetothefireman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for all the help. maybe i should intake more calories on my workout days and remain the same on non workout days. any suggestions of a great fat burner though?