WannitBack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Allergic to whey - now what?

Hey all,

I'm allergic to dairy protein (casein), which means I can't use whey at all. I've been using soy protein, but after another thread about soy, I'm not sure that's the way to go.

What can I take instead of whey?

Thanks!

sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd go with Soy or Egg protein

Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you go with Soy, make sure that the package clearly states it's NOT GMO (genetically modified) soy. The genetically modified soys are pure poison.

Egg protien is great.

You can also get Rice protiens nowdays, too, and they're really quite reasonable. The problem is that they taste "chalky".

Also, have you found out how you're allergic to whey? It's usually the casien. If that's what you're allergic to, you can get high quality whey that contains no casein. Whey really is the best you can get, PROVIDED it's properly processed.

The link that I gave you is the ONLY whey I will use. I am allergic to casein.

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you go with a whey isolate, as opposed to a whey concentrate, you might find that you are okay. It really depends if you are truly allergic or just intolerant as I wouldn't want you to have an allergic reaction to test it if you allergy is very serious. I know people who are lactose intolerant who can have whey isolate with no problems.

Soy Isolate and also Rice and Egg protein is your best bet, if you simply cannot touch the whey.

DolphinGrl222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is egg protein just as fast digesting as whey protein? Would one be able to use egg protein after a workout?

Originally Posted by Amris
    Also, have you found out how you're allergic to whey? It's usually the casien. If that's what you're allergic to, you can get high quality whey that contains no casein. Whey really is the best you can get, PROVIDED it's properly processed. The link that I gave you is the ONLY whey I will use. I am allergic to casein.
    The link says that it does have some amounts of casein in it, so I don't even want to chance that. Even tiny amounts can set me off. Ick!

Is egg better than soy, because it's a "meat" product, instead of a "plant" product?
    ~~ Using weight training to rehab myself back into shape. Goals: add muscle, and lose weight. I want to get back into sports ~~

Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Egg is better than soy because soy is too often genetically engineered soy instead of natural soy. Also, soy in large amounts without the balancing foods are not good. Most people don't even know how soy is balanced, nor do they care, they just eat it because "it's good for you."

I recommend if you don't want to do a lot of self-education, you might prefer to go with the egg protien or the rice protien. I would go with the rice protien because it's plant protien instead of meat... meat protien is best consumed as meat.

Talking

Thanks! I appreciate the info and recommendations!
    ~~ Using weight training to rehab myself back into shape. Goals: add muscle, and lose weight. I want to get back into sports ~~

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Amris
    If you go with Soy, make sure that the package clearly states it's NOT GMO (genetically modified) soy. The genetically modified soys are pure poison.

Egg protien is great.

You can also get Rice protiens nowdays, too, and they're really quite reasonable. The problem is that they taste "chalky".

Also, have you found out how you're allergic to whey? It's usually the casien. If that's what you're allergic to, you can get high quality whey that contains no casein. Whey really is the best you can get, PROVIDED it's properly processed.

The link that I gave you is the ONLY whey I will use. I am allergic to casein.

I agree. Try high quality whey isolate protein not concentrate. Most people can tolerate those without any difficulties.

fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000)
    a really good whey isolate is Syntrax Nectar ... I've tried the strawberry kiwi flavor and the "fuzzy navel" flavor ... the "fuzzy navel" flavor was my favorite, and I think there are a lot of very positive reviews scattered around the forum on that particular flavor. It is VERY easy on my stomach and I have all sorts of tummy problems!

I hope you find something you can stomach, literally ... definitely check out a whey isolate.