CharbelBakhos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bakhos' Heavy Ass Powerbuilding Routine

IF YOU FEEL SOFT AND PUDGY, IF YOU HAVENT PUT ON ANY MASS IN A WHILE, THIS IS FOR YOU.

Disclaimer: While I have used this routine and made great gains, your diet and sleep play a massive role in your ability to recover and add weight to the bar.

This is an Upper/Lower routine. The reason it works so well is because of its very high frequency! If you bench 3 times a week, it makes sense that you'll make better gains than the guy benching only once. If you want more fluff, if you want to do 28 sets of cable flyes and complain that your chest doesn't grow. Go somewhere else. Let the real lifters stay in here.

Success Stories: So far only my own! I've added 50kg/110lbs to my bench in the last 3 months and it's still growing.

SECTION ONE: THE WORKOUT

UPPER (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday)

Bench Press 3x3-5:
    Barbell Rows 4x6-8:
    Standing Overhead Press 3x6-8:
    Pull-ups 4x8-10:
    Incline Dumbell Bench 3x10-12:
    EZ bar curls 3x8-12:
    Side delt raises SUPERSET Rear delt flyes 3x8-12:

MOBILITY:
    Foam roll thoracic spine before workout.
    Band shoulder dislocates 3x10
    YTWL between each set of bench and shoulder press.

LOWER (Tuesday, Friday)
    This workout is only twice a week, because you'll be able to progress for longer before taxing your CNS.

Squats 3x4-5:
    Deadlift 2x6:
    Leg press 3x8-12:
    Leg Curls 3x8-12:
    Seated calf raises 3x6-8.
    Standing calf raises 3x12-15:
    Cable Crunches 3x8-12.

MOBILITY:
    Use DeFranco's Agile 8 before the workout. If find this allows me to lift more weight without a breakdown in form.

SECTION TWO: PROGRESSION.

MAIN LIFTS: Squats/Bench Press/Deadlifts/Shoulder Press/Barbell Rows:

Progression Type One: Noob gains
    If you're still pretty weak (Bench less than 225 and squat less than 315) this is the progression scheme for you.
    If you can successfully stay within the rep range, add 5lbs to the bar for the next session (Deadlifts you may add 10) HOWEVER do not add weight to the Saturday upper body session. This will help prevent you burning out too quickly. If you can't reach the required reps however, keep the same weight and try again next time.

Progression Type Two: The plateau'd lifter.
    If you've plateau'd a few times and need a slower form of progression this is for you.
    For all lifts start at the bottom of the rep range, and each session thereafter add one rep until you reach the max reps, and add 5lbs the next week.
    EXAMPLE:
    Monday Bench 3x3
    Wednesday Bench 3x4
    Saturday Bench 3x5
    Monday Add 5lbs and go back to 3x3

ACCESSORY LIFTS: DB Press, Curls, Leg Press, Leg curls, Calves and Cable crunches.

I try to use some form of linear progression on these lifts just like the ones above, however you will advance a lot slower on these. If you hit 225lbs bench you might get the 70lb DB for incline. Next time you hit 230lbs on bench, you're going to be even more fatigued and it'll be harder to increase the weight on Incline, so I go by feel on these ones. If you feel up for it, increase the weight, if not, try to increase the reps but ultimately the main lifts are the most important.

SECTION THREE: NUTRITION

I'm not going to go into much detail here, if you head over to the nutrition section those guys are geniuses while I'm mediocre at best! I just make sure to get in 1g/Lb of weight of protein, at least 80g of fat and the rest of my calories are carbs. This workout is best done in a calorie surplus, however it is possible while cutting, just reduce the sets on the accessory lifts, and try to keep the weight increasing for the main lifts.

If you have any questions, no matter how dumb they may seem please ask away in the comments. If you are too embarassed to ask in public than you can send me a private message, which will stay private. Peace out and hit the iron hard folks!
    Last edited by CharbelBakhos; 04-30-2016 at 01:58 AM.
    You're missing out on some good info, vids and pictures if you're not following me!
    Instagram: CharbelBakhos
    Snapchat: Charbelb
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171262091&p=1439155381&posted=1#post1439155381

My progress on this program in 4ish months.
    I injured my back last year and had surgery on a cyst at the end of January which is why my leg strength is currently ****. It's still growing very fast though!
    Squats: 0lbs - 253lbs x 5
    Deadlifts: 0lbs - 352lbs x 6
    Bench press: 135lbs - 250lbs x 5
    OHP : 66lbs - 137lbs x 6
    Rows: 132lbs - 200lbs x 8
    You're missing out on some good info, vids and pictures if you're not following me!
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171262091&p=1439155381&posted=1#post1439155381

Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sleefa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bench Press 3x3-5:
    Barbell Rows 4x6-8:
    Pull-ups 4x8-10:
    EZ bar curls 3x8-12:

This, to me, looks like a recipe for shoulder problems.
    Your pushing-pulling ratio is off in this workout and will definitely cause problems for people in the future.

Originally Posted by Sleefa View Post
    Bench Press 3x3-5:
    Barbell Rows 4x6-8:
    Pull-ups 4x8-10:
    EZ bar curls 3x8-12:

This, to me, looks like a recipe for shoulder problems.
    Your pushing-pulling ratio is off in this workout and will definitely cause problems for people in the future.
    Thanks for the feedback man! But I'm not too sure what's wrong with it? 9 sets of pushing, and 11 sets pulling if you include rear delt flyes. Also I recommended to do shoulder mobility work between all sets of push exercises