aman0fmayhem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help with joe stopannis calorie total

Hi, Im making the shortcut to size program by joe stopanni, Im higly motivated, but some thigs arent adding up right.

I started on the second day of the week end ended up missing the back workout, I tried to do some weigts at home and I did some rope jumping to catch up for it, all teh rest went well. I was sored all week, i eat clean mostly and Im still buying all the stuff to prepare the food in advance, and this is were the problems start.

I actually loss 0.3% muscle mass after one week and im not stronger, i guess i really need to go elite on the diet, and I will, but it doesnt add up.

Im 181cm tall and I weight 200+ pounds, 92kg. I have 30% body fat and 32.7% muscle. Visceral fat is a 10. Im worried and too week, but im training hard and Im gonna finish this week and start training on day one next week, preparing my food in advance....but the calories man, the calories!

Ok correct if wrong. Joe wants calories to make up for the ones spent training and then some, but with 18cals per pound at 200 thats 3600 cals day!!! Im fat man! Omron scale I bought to meausure stuff says my bmr is 1960cals day, the online calcs average 2000, which justifies it, and now this guy wants me to add 1600 daily???? Thats around 25000 calls week, ill be gaining more then 11000 cals week, thats more then 3 pounds of fat guys!!!

What am i missing? Im 26, im not a teen, my visceral fat is already to high. Im reading a lot and I think is nutritional plan is outdated and that i dont need that many calls. How man calls do i spend on the gym lifting weights? 400? 3600 is to much for my slow sedentary metabolism is it not? Please enlighten me with some science pls

Thank you
    Last edited by aman0fmayhem; 01-14-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: syntax

Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hash321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just read the stickies.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you understand what BMR is? And what the difference is between this and TDEE?

aman0fmayhem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Do you understand what BMR is? And what the difference is between this and TDEE?
    Im grasping the concept, i still find it a lot of cals no?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by aman0fmayhem View Post
    I actually loss 0.3% muscle mass ...
    How did you reach that conclusion?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im grasping the concept, i still find it a lot of cals no?
    You stated it's an extra 1600 daily when it's not the surplus over BMR that matters

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hi, Im making the shortcut to size program by joe stopanni, Im higly motivated, but some thigs arent adding up right.

I started on the second day of the week end ended up missing the back workout, I tried to do some weigts at home and I did some rope jumping to catch up for it, all teh rest went well. I was sored all week, i eat clean mostly and Im still buying all the stuff to prepare the food in advance, and this is were the problems start.

I actually loss 0.3% muscle mass after one week and im not stronger, i guess i really need to go elite on the diet, and I will, but it doesnt add up.

Im 181cm tall and I weight 200+ pounds, 92kg. I have 30% body fat and 32.7% muscle. Visceral fat is a 10. Im worried and too week, but im training hard and Im gonna finish this week and start training on day one next week, preparing my food in advance....but the calories man, the calories!

Ok correct if wrong. Joe wants calories to make up for the ones spent training and then some, but with 18cals per pound at 200 thats 3600 cals day!!! Im fat man! Omron scale I bought to meausure stuff says my bmr is 1960cals day, the online calcs average 2000, which justifies it, and now this guy wants me to add 1600 daily???? Thats around 25000 calls week, ill be gaining more then 11000 cals week, thats more then 3 pounds of fat guys!!!

What am i missing? Im 26, im not a teen, my visceral fat is already to high. Im reading a lot and I think is nutritional plan is outdated and that i dont need that many calls. How man calls do i spend on the gym lifting weights? 400? 3600 is to much for my slow sedentary metabolism is it not? Please enlighten me with some science pls

Thank you

*facepalm.jpeg* @ stoppani, his dumbass nutrition advices, and his BS "beginner" workout program.

Step completely away from the bbdotcom propaganda, and start all over, OP:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP be careful with "fitness gurus" online diet and workout info. I dont understand why trainers have people new to training doing all this crazy stuff when a few exercises are really all thats needed to start.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773